Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Ladykiller

coloredUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image[/img]
not colored
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image[/img]

xXAkatsuXx's Oppa

Steadfast Seeker

I think you're off to a good start! Your proportions seem to be good. I would put in a mouth next time, or bring up the scarf so it covers it. Also, don't be afraid to draw hands. Everyone has trouble with them some time or another, and the only way to get past that is to practice! Using photo reference helps. Try to find some that isn't heavily photoshopped and practice the anatomy you see there. You have a nice and smooth coverage of color, so I would also recommend you start playing with values. With dedication, you can be very good at this! So keep it up!

Dapper Fatcat

6,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I gotta go with what PeachGardenOath wrote. I highly recommend using reference material. Either photos or if you have a model handy use that. Drawing from observation will help you improve your drawings extremely quickly. Also keep an eye on value and contrast. To check if its working step back and squint your eyes and if it still looks good then you're on the right track.

Familiar Ladykiller

PeachGardenOath
I think you're off to a good start! Your proportions seem to be good. I would put in a mouth next time, or bring up the scarf so it covers it. Also, don't be afraid to draw hands. Everyone has trouble with them some time or another, and the only way to get past that is to practice! Using photo reference helps. Try to find some that isn't heavily photoshopped and practice the anatomy you see there. You have a nice and smooth coverage of color, so I would also recommend you start playing with values. With dedication, you can be very good at this! So keep it up!

well i think i have done fairly well for not drawing for a couple years smile and i will definitely go find me some hands biggrin i suck at drawing them.

xXAkatsuXx's Oppa

Steadfast Seeker

thtgurlisme
PeachGardenOath

well i think i have done fairly well for not drawing for a couple years smile and i will definitely go find me some hands biggrin i suck at drawing them.

Good! Hands are one of those things that, if you do a good job, the whole image seems that much better. I used to have lots of trouble with my hands as well, so I put a lot of work into them I still have troubles with feet, though! I use lots of reference any time I draw and it's helped me improve leaps and bounds. It's my number one piece of advise.

Tipsy Seeker

I like them.
Off to a good start just keep practicing !!
thtgurlisme
coloredUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image[/img]
not colored
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image[/img]
It's cute emotion_bigheart

Beloved Hellhound

15,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Married 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
Keep practicing.

Try, try, try again.
It's a good start. I think the coloring would be a lot better if you added a bit of shading to it.

Lunatic

Wonderful! Practice makes perfect!
^ u ^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out