Welcome to Gaia! ::

We have a guild for our Trans* occupants of the thread. Look us up!

Woot! Sending request! 0.45901639344262 45.9% [ 28 ]
But whyyyyyyy?! 0.065573770491803 6.6% [ 4 ]
.G0ldz 0.47540983606557 47.5% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 211 212 213 > >> >>> »|

Supreme Hellhound

9,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ItsSpikeHere

hahaha yeah pretty much. I think its long overdue that I just be willing to take things and decide trash, donate, or store. that's a common cleaning trick i suppose, to where you have to be sure to actually deal with each item as it comes up.
User Image

Yeah that is the easiest way to do it lol.

Heart Lover

10,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
ItsSpikeHere
Fall Out Bouy
ItsSpikeHere
Fall Out Bouy
ItsSpikeHere

Some people struggle with my preferred pronouns. sweatdrop Plus I have a hard time correcting people. Especially if they're gonna sit there and argue with me about it. I do have some friends who use them, and definitely some who have no problem using my preferred pronouns.
I'm doing pretty well, could have been a bit more productive today but all things considered i did ok. it's not completely over yet lol.

yeah i completely understand where you're coming from with that. i still have to go with he/him pronouns when around people i'm not really close to like teachers and classmates.
the main people i'm worried about with my pronouns are people who understand and are open about them, and close friends because i spend more time around them anyways.
i think everyone needs a lazy day now and then, so it's alright that you weren't extremely productive!
i hope you remembered to drink water today!

Yeah sometimes it's too much work to try to explain to certain people. And some people just can't seem to grasp it. Others I think just don't feel they should have to make any effort, but I've learned not to make too big a deal out of pronouns, and focus on more deliberate and more easily-remedied forms of misgendering. Even my own fiancee is new to all this and so I don't give her a hard time about pronouns, but if she calls me "boy" "man" or anything like that I do remind her.

I've been keeping well hydrated, thanks for asking. 3nodding

right!
yeah with my girlfriend she sometimes will be like "look at this boy he's so cute" and i just look at her and say "kid."
because thankfully i'm young enough to still call myself a kid i think
like sometimes people will be like "yes matt you are the deer boy" and i'll just be "im the deer kid"

Yeah she used to always say "good boy" kind of to mess with me so when she says that I go "I no boy" lol. I mean I wasn't always genderqueer in our relationship so it definitely is something that has taken some getting used to, and some patience on my end. The only "gendered" word im ok with is I have a young daughter and I am her dad. But I explain it as, that has really felt like my role, I was her father, my fiancee was her mother, it has less to do with gender as it does to do with the fact im not the one breastfeeding, who carried her, etc.

right! i understand! in my relationship i wasn't always agender, but i thought i identified as FTM but it didnt fit at all anymore after some time..
and i kind of understand that. honestly when people say i'm a parent of some sort i just correct them to parent rather than dad or mom or something, but it's not like a parent to a child i mean like fish parent and plant parent
bc i have plants all over and i have a big aquarium in my room the fish are my babies

Blessed Seeker

RynDraik
ItsSpikeHere
☠-------------♡-------------☠

Honestly from the few that I've read
she pretty much covers the basics and
our creed. But in my opinion paganism
can be taught and read up on to a
degree, past that it's doing it yourself.

Agreed. I also have discovered too that a big part of it for me is actually reading about the Gods, and not just the God and Goddess of Wicca, but particular deities and particular mythologies. Learning about the Gods I work with is hugely important to me, and reading can be a big piece of that.

Versatile Punk

Fall Out Bouy

True. I guess it's just with all the ignorance
it's turned more into being rude. Plus to me
it sounds more like a dominance/ownership
thing. Depending on the context though...

Blessed Seeker

Fall Out Bouy
ItsSpikeHere
Fall Out Bouy
ItsSpikeHere
Fall Out Bouy
ItsSpikeHere

Some people struggle with my preferred pronouns. sweatdrop Plus I have a hard time correcting people. Especially if they're gonna sit there and argue with me about it. I do have some friends who use them, and definitely some who have no problem using my preferred pronouns.
I'm doing pretty well, could have been a bit more productive today but all things considered i did ok. it's not completely over yet lol.

yeah i completely understand where you're coming from with that. i still have to go with he/him pronouns when around people i'm not really close to like teachers and classmates.
the main people i'm worried about with my pronouns are people who understand and are open about them, and close friends because i spend more time around them anyways.
i think everyone needs a lazy day now and then, so it's alright that you weren't extremely productive!
i hope you remembered to drink water today!

Yeah sometimes it's too much work to try to explain to certain people. And some people just can't seem to grasp it. Others I think just don't feel they should have to make any effort, but I've learned not to make too big a deal out of pronouns, and focus on more deliberate and more easily-remedied forms of misgendering. Even my own fiancee is new to all this and so I don't give her a hard time about pronouns, but if she calls me "boy" "man" or anything like that I do remind her.

I've been keeping well hydrated, thanks for asking. 3nodding

right!
yeah with my girlfriend she sometimes will be like "look at this boy he's so cute" and i just look at her and say "kid."
because thankfully i'm young enough to still call myself a kid i think
like sometimes people will be like "yes matt you are the deer boy" and i'll just be "im the deer kid"

Yeah she used to always say "good boy" kind of to mess with me so when she says that I go "I no boy" lol. I mean I wasn't always genderqueer in our relationship so it definitely is something that has taken some getting used to, and some patience on my end. The only "gendered" word im ok with is I have a young daughter and I am her dad. But I explain it as, that has really felt like my role, I was her father, my fiancee was her mother, it has less to do with gender as it does to do with the fact im not the one breastfeeding, who carried her, etc.

right! i understand! in my relationship i wasn't always agender, but i thought i identified as FTM but it didnt fit at all anymore after some time..
and i kind of understand that. honestly when people say i'm a parent of some sort i just correct them to parent rather than dad or mom or something, but it's not like a parent to a child i mean like fish parent and plant parent
bc i have plants all over and i have a big aquarium in my room the fish are my babies

It was something that I struggled with for a while, but I decided that that was the best choice for me. It was sort of...a shock to my fiancee when I came out as agender. Which kinda shocked me because I had said for a long time I didn't really identify with gender, I just didn't have a word for it. But I think the completely stepping away from being considered a man at all was what kinda made it different I guess.

Versatile Punk

ItsSpikeHere

True. That's one of the things I love and
hate about the religion though. Is no two
pagans truly practice the same way.
We all follow the same creed but it's not
the same exact practice.

Blessed Seeker

RynDraik
ItsSpikeHere

True. That's one of the things I love and
hate about the religion though. Is no two
pagans truly practice the same way.
We all follow the same creed but it's not
the same exact practice.

True, but that's why I love group rituals where people share something from their practice, and I feel like even if it's different from their own most people can get something out of it.

Blessed Seeker

White Wolf Kain
ItsSpikeHere

hahaha yeah pretty much. I think its long overdue that I just be willing to take things and decide trash, donate, or store. that's a common cleaning trick i suppose, to where you have to be sure to actually deal with each item as it comes up.
User Image

Yeah that is the easiest way to do it lol.

s**t now you got me thinking that I need to get some cleaning done lol.

Versatile Punk

ItsSpikeHere

Fall Out Bouy

Try to keep your quotes alittle smaller.
Please and thank you. xd

Heart Lover

10,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
ItsSpikeHere

It was something that I struggled with for a while, but I decided that that was the best choice for me. It was sort of...a shock to my fiancee when I came out as agender. Which kinda shocked me because I had said for a long time I didn't really identify with gender, I just didn't have a word for it. But I think the completely stepping away from being considered a man at all was what kinda made it different I guess.

yeah with my girlfriend it was kind of opposite from that for me. she knew before i came out to her because of how i reacted to gendered words. she can read me like a book hah

Blessed Seeker

RynDraik
ItsSpikeHere

Fall Out Bouy

Try to keep your quotes alittle smaller.
Please and thank you. xd

Sorry I'm not good at keeping an eye on that or messing with it. xd

Supreme Hellhound

9,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
ItsSpikeHere

s**t now you got me thinking that I need to get some cleaning done lol.
User Image

MWhahahahaha! The cleaning fairy has whispered in your ear! lol

Versatile Punk

ItsSpikeHere

Agreed.
I think we can always learn something new
from someone else. It's just a matter of
finding what works for us.

Heart Lover

10,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
RynDraik
Fall Out Bouy

True. I guess it's just with all the ignorance
it's turned more into being rude. Plus to me
it sounds more like a dominance/ownership
thing. Depending on the context though...

right. i understand what you mean!
even on days where i prefer them most people use they/them because i only use it/its referring to myself because others dont really get it,

Blessed Seeker

Fall Out Bouy
ItsSpikeHere

yeah with my girlfriend it was kind of opposite from that for me. she knew before i came out to her because of how i reacted to gendered words. she can read me like a book hah

See, I used to not react to it at all, but then I guess I just kinda realized I didn't like it...and I realized it no longer fit me, it was limiting me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff