Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Muse

Every time you push out a gold gen, I adblock the image because I don't even want to see them.
Users have been telling you for months and the feedback they give has been completely ignored.

User Image
See all the empty spaces?

Frankly, I could give a ******** what your numbers say, your managers and financial people aren't even members of this site. When a company only pays attention to shareholders, they forget to see the people providing them with jobs in the first place. We have names, we have faces, we have likes and dislikes.

There is an Indie game called "Gave Dev Tycoon"
For April Fools day they created a fake DLC called Shareholders edition that states everything a bad company does wrong. You are making such basic mistakes and refusing to utilize the Site Feedback. This was apparent when you rolled out a survey indicating you wanted our feedback but couldn't be arsed to even glance here.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now for quite a while, you have been rolling out generic lolita type dresses almost to the exclusion of everything else. Users who hold Gaia to the "Diamond standard" claim this is because it sells well. Yet I don't ever remember a staff member actually coming out and stating this with any proof. What sells well now might now sell well three months from now and you need to do new things to avoid getting stale, boring customers, and driving them away. Think about it, do we really need one more knock knee'd leg mod/Pastel item to ensure we know an item is for girls? Your narrow views of what women would like is mildly offensive.

The Wasteland item is a good start but don't leave it at that as you tend to do. We also need variety, non leg mod pants, other types of Female fashion, other types of fashion period.

Let me say it again, Variety.

User Image

Your shareholders wouldn't be shareholders if it weren't for us using your site. The fact that you are desperately aching for all of our cash should be what drives you. Not 100% what the shareholders, who again, don't even use this site, sees on a piece of paper.

Pay a modicum of attention to the users and you might get out of this hole you've been digging. Also, consolidating your announcements(Meaning make one announcement with however many cash shop items released in a day because I don't know if you know what that means) would be great, Thanks!

Enduring Gaian

I believe they don't listen to our feedback as users because they see us as inferior to their "Marketing experts".

That or they are willingly fine with destroying anything and everything to meet their quota. That would also explain why they rarely speak now.

Divine Muse

Darius Runan
I believe they don't listen to our feedback as users because they see us as inferior to their "Marketing experts".

That or they are willingly fine with destroying anything and everything to meet their quota. That would also explain why they rarely speak now.

Those marketing experts can then feel free to pay Gaia's bills.

Enduring Gaian

Jayce Reinhardt
Darius Runan

Why do that when they can dupe the impulse buyers into doing that for them?

Divine Muse

Darius Runan
Jayce Reinhardt
Darius Runan

The impulse buyers are even catching on, that's why.

If everything looks the same, what is the point?

Dangerous Lunatic

Omg that Game Dev Tycoon DLC is amazing. :X

Enduring Gaian

Jayce Reinhardt
Darius Runan
Jayce Reinhardt
Darius Runan

The impulse buyers are even catching on, that's why.

If everything looks the same, what is the point?

They point I'm trying to get across is that Gaia doesn't value our marketing opinions. They believe theirs are superior.

I've spoken to several businessmen in the past, some with Master's Degree level at my college and they've all thought pretty much that the people at Gaia Interactive are either playing ignorant to the consumer, or just blindly pushing whatever garbage is thrown to them via copy/paste without any sound marketing strategy in the hopes of achieving the "100 ways not to sell an item" technique. In short, there is no "team" behind the marketing. It's one guy thinking "Hey, these guys might like this, try that derpaderp". And the marketing group just pushes it out the door without question. Like loyal lapdogs.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I don't know, but this thread reminded me of a video my dad showed me this morning. So I hope it makes you giggle at least:
Mary Poppins Quits

I do think users are very important to this site, but like with how high cost of living is now, how can Gaia expect every Gaian to pay the high prices they are charging for some of their items? I mean price of food is going up and it's sad to know that my aunt can't even afford to buy beef anymore.

Anyway at least Gaia did a poll to wonder why Gaians are boycotting their revenue now. Personally I don't see the point of buying GC on this site that has left my favorite game zOMG! get neglected and fired the devs for it while making false promises to hire new ones, can't keep up simple maintenance, poor customer service, and continues to release a product that majority of Gaians hate. But some Gaians are ok with it, so whatever. I just figure how much Gaia gets paid by us should be based on the service and entertainment they provide. At least there are plenty of alternative sites and games to go onto when I need a break from the site. I am getting excited about Sims 4 and Super Smash Bros coming out this year.

Basically as an user I don't care how much money Gaia makes. Gaia's job to users is providing them a good enough entertainment, social, and gaming service for them to want to stay on their site so that they can do good word of mouth advertising without feeling embarrassed and they don't have to feel like they rather spend their time on other sites instead of Gaia. It's basically keeping customer retention up while growing as a business. It's possible to do, but only time will tell if customer retention matters enough to Gaia or their shareholders.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Apart from the gold generators being pretty much the same thing over and over again, a lot of the new items as of lately have been so similar to other items.

Their new LQI, Becky the Grunge Kitten is a prime example

User Image - Similar sweater style to Precious Pet Sweaters (User Image), and likely others.

User Image - These eyes are so reminiscent of others. The Eurydice's eyes (User Image) are similar, and so is Celestial Soldier (User Image) and Sly the Black Fox (User Image) but I swear there are a ton of eyes that look pretty much identical.

User Image - Very similar style to the Nekola legs (User Image), and one recent item I can't remember.

User Image - Similar to a pose in Band of Bremen (User Image), Kimi's Cool Bashful Braids (User Image), and Whale Tale (User Image)

User Image - Probably the most unique pose in this item, but if you wanted, you could get a similar effect from Comfy Love (User Image)

Of course, these poses are not identical, but I feel this item is a great example of an item that feels like the same-old-thing. A lot of items make me feel this way as of lately :/.

I want more variety. It seems like these days we mostly get recolours and rereleases, and when we get new items they're rather similar to older items. Recolours are great for diversity but are boring when overdone. Rereleases are boring for people who have the items to begin with (and in my opinion should be restricted to non-GC options), and new items are lacklustre and repetitive. I don't really get as excited about items these days as I used to...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff