Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Dog

I've been on Gaia for 10 years. I got into Loyal's shop as soon as it was released because I'm on here so frequently.

But I don't feel like I'm being rewarded for anything. I feel incredibly excluded. All the shop does is show me items I can't afford. Everything is far too expensive and the prices just keep climbing upward. Hardly anything is in my grasp! The new items are FAR out of my price range (Lilac Heart is beautiful and I wish I could afford it, but 2b is way out of my reach. I'm making an exception to the fact that it's yet another female-only item with no options for male bases. only because it's a recolor.)

It's really disappointing. Why make an exclusive feature to reward loyal members if you're only actually rewarding the rich ones?

I already feel left out as it is on most categories on this site. I was really excited about this feature, but it's yet another thing I feel unwelcome to and muscled out of.

((on a side note holy crap thank you so much to whoever anon'd me a lilac heart heart ))
The prices are high so that people will have to buy gold to buy other things, I guess. It certainly isn't an attempt to slow inflation, or else there would be no gold generators.

Celestial Dog

Skullmiser
The prices are high so that people will have to buy gold to buy other things, I guess. It certainly isn't an attempt to slow inflation, or else there would be no gold generators.
I know. Doesn't mean I can't complain about it and voice that I find it unfair, though.

Because it very much is just that. Unfair.

Wind-up Waffles

It really does feel like another cash grab. I was able to quest for a pair of wings by selling some old inventory items and lower-priced Loyal's items on the MP, but the majority of the items don't seem worth it to me. That said, the combination of godawful inflation and lack of quality in a majority of items has made me feel listless about items in general, so that may be my particular bias speaking.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
The idea is that you can work your way up to them. With the exception of the limited items, they are not gonna disappear on you or get their prices hiked or dropped.

But you are right. We need more items not costing into the millions/billions in there.
(still waits for baseball hat to go with purple Gaia shirt)
I thought the really expensive items would be put in what's that shop called... Denier Cries or whatever. To be gold sinks for all to use.
I logged in every day for a month, just to see a bunch of items that were just as far out of my reach as the stuff in the market place is. I was hoping to go on a little shopping spree of items I hadn't seen before... very disappointing.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Aepix
I thought the really expensive items would be put in what's that shop called... Denier Cries or whatever. To be gold sinks for all to use.
I logged in every day for a month, just to see a bunch of items that were just as far out of my reach as the stuff in the market place is. I was hoping to go on a little shopping spree of items I hadn't seen before... very disappointing.

Dernier Cri has the same purpose but with different items. It does not deal in recolors of old MCs and the like. That is Loyal's job.

Dernier Cri needs a serious update

Toxic Treasure

22,490 Points
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
I think they thought it would get us old loyal people to shut up about how things are going here in Gaia.

Just because I am loyal and been here forever, doesn't mean I am rich. No point in the guild or the shop. I can't buy anything really in the shop and the guild I never go into

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Very much agreed OP. you know what else sucks about LB? You can lose access to LB if you forget to keep up your attendance. Maybe I knew this before and forgot, but my mules lost access to LB. while they are only mules it pissed me off, cause the same thing could happen to my main...

Magnetic Phantom

Nyadriel
The idea is that you can work your way up to them. With the exception of the limited items, they are not gonna disappear on you or get their prices hiked or dropped.

But you are right. We need more items not costing into the millions/billions in there.

But the trouble is that they seem to expect these to be feasible goals for ... everyone? Almost everyone? Just a select few?

I mean, they should know better than anyone how much gold the average user has or makes.
And somehow their perspective of this seems to be askew when so many people find those "rewards" to be inaccessible for them.

For somebody who doesn't buy GC, who doesn't art or profile coding skills or is very into "playing the market" - people who rely on the ways the site provides to earn gold - these things are pretty much out of reach.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Anjoulie
Nyadriel

But the trouble is that they seem to expect these to be feasible goals for ... everyone? Almost everyone? Just a select few?

I mean, they should know better than anyone how much gold the average user has or makes.
And somehow their perspective of this seems to be askew when so many people find those "rewards" to be inaccessible for them.

For somebody who doesn't buy GC, who doesn't art or profile coding skills or is very into "playing the market" - people who rely on the ways the site provides to earn gold - these things are pretty much out of reach.

Except they recently raised the amount you can earn a day now from Booty Grab if you can play it. Not too many people actually know that yet.

And I did say I agree we need more items that are not so expensive. The problem there is, not too many people are asking for anything or making any suggestions. All they say is "cheaper items!"

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I was really excited for LB, because I thought they would finally start releasing a lot of gold shop item recolors more frequently, recolors people have been asking for, for years. I was expecting some expensive stuff to be in there, but I didn't think the majority of items offered would be really expensive stuff I don't really have much interest in.

I like the old MC recolors, not as much as the people who actually buy them, but that's not what I wanted. I was given the impression GS items recolors were going to be in there. I requested a ton of GS item recolors, and I don't think any of them have been made. crying

Dapper Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Q2k

I just stopped shopping. Seriously, I just don't anymore. No Marketplace, No Cash Shop, not even Gold Shops anymore. All of this made me.

Also, I'd like to add, I'm beginning to think Loyal's Bazaar is another branch to the new Gaia hierarchy of the rich (Gold and real money) and the s**t poor (and those whom refuse to buy with real money and cannot afford to sell anymore items over the Marketplace/Trade). This is starting to feel like the U.S. differences in socioeconomic statuses. Guess Gaia followed suit, eh?

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Skullmiser
They're supposed to be high as it's a gold sink.

As was Dernier Ci. This is what a majority of Gaians wanted and Gaia implemented.

Jae Jin-ah's Oppa

Pokejinka Horangi

I'm actually disappointed in the steadily rising prices of the LB items too... I feel like I'm being forced to spend cash or else. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff