Welcome to Gaia! ::

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The mystery of porcelain dolls being left on the doorsteps of eight California families has been solved, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Department.

Families in the Talega community in San Clemente began reporting the somewhat creepy incidents to authorities last week.

The sheriff's department said Thursday in a statement that they had met with families to "determine similarities."

The department said investigators began pursuing a woman who goes to church with the families that received dolls.

#OCSDPIO: NEWS RELEASE - Investigators Locate Person Responsible for Porcelain Doll pic.twitter.com/vm7pmeV1Fi
— OC Sheriff, CA (@OCSD) July 25, 2014
The woman admitted to police Thursday evening that she placed the porcelain dolls at the homes.

"Her motivation was out of goodwill," the statement said. "It was a kind gesture."

The police said they will not investigate the case any further.what a twist

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Wow. That's still really creepy though. I mean, if it was a gesture of good will, why didn't she give it to them in person?

Kawaii Shoujo

MemoriesOfGreen
Wow. That's still really creepy though. I mean, if it was a gesture of good will, why didn't she give it to them in person?
My guess is that she wanted to surprise the girls with a brand new doll for each of them... though it would have been better if she left a note so their parents wouldn't freak out.

Wintry Dragon

Aw. So much for the mysterious doll woman.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Figured that was it.

Bucktoothed Otaku

19,450 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
i betcha if it was a guy that did it, they'd still be investigating.. 3nodding

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
You know that if it had been a man he would be in jail right now.

Even if everything was identical.

Just saying!

Next time leave them in their boxes with a note... plx... thank you.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I want to be saddened that this act of goodwill and selflessness was rewarded by a police investigation, paranoia and a brief witch hunt for what people figured must've been a criminal, a pervert, or a criminally perverted criminal.

I want to be saddened, but my capacity for the level of surprise at human foulness towards one another that would be required for such sadness to form has been greatly diminished in recent years.

Humans are all too willing to assume the worst about one another, so much so that they can rarely be convinced that anything could possibly be the result of anything other than malice, and you use that imagined malice to justify your malice toward each other . . .

Just . . . Just go extinct, already. The Ages of Men have come and passed, and any of the noble blood you may have once possessed is so far diluted ( if ever it was there in the first place ) that you are no better than the fell beasts first forged in the deepest pits.

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
wonder If their is more to the story.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers