Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

Woman speaking out for Feminism

Do we need feminism?

Why is feminism frowned upon; due to a few feminazi who hate all men?

Does feminism include equality for all, or is it just a female power-play?

Personally, if the world takes a dim view to woman, then feminism seems a logical reply, even in its extreme form.
I need feminism because I am a democrat and it's a much needed casus belli against the republicans.

Blessed Prophet

The original point of the feminist movement was for women to be treated as equally as men. Nowadays the feminists you see are stupid men hating assholes.

I can think of a few parts of the world where a feminist movement is needed. The united states is moving father and father down that list as the decades go on.
I need feminism because who else will stop the INEVITABLE HEAT-DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE?
Athena_flora
The original point of the feminist movement was for women to be treated as equally as men. Nowadays the feminists you see are stupid men hating assholes.

I can think of a few parts of the world where a feminist movement is needed. The united states is moving father and father down that list as the decades go on.

Name ONE prominent feminist who is as you describe.

Dapper Man-Lover

14,525 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Brandisher 100
Senator Armstrong
Athena_flora

Gloria Steinem, Niaomi Wolf, Andria Dworkin, Eve Ensler, Valerie Solanas, Anita Sarkeesia, and Terry O'Neill are names off the top of my head.
I need feminism to tell me how much of a piece of s**t I am for having a difference of opinion. Oh, how I love having s**t thrown at me.
Lambs and Lions
Senator Armstrong
Athena_flora

Gloria Steinem, Niaomi Wolf, Andria Dworkin, Eve Ensler, Valerie Solanas, Anita Sarkeesia, and Terry O'Neill are names off the top of my head.

Maybe Dworkin, but she actually did have mental issues and suffered greatly. Same with Solanas, but nobody took her seriously. Regardless, neither are prominent feminist thinkers currently. Nobody else fulfills Athena_flora's definition.

EDIT: Hahaha, I didn't realize it was you. Get the ******** off my d**k, clown.
Senator Armstrong
I need feminism because who else will stop the INEVITABLE HEAT-DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE?

Wait is this a platform for feminists now? That would actually be kinda interesting, considering Newton's Principia is a rape manual. That and Einstein's failure to check his lightspeed privilege.

Garbage

Is BitingBeaver still around?

And does she still think her son is a rapist just 'cause he's male?

O.G. Player

11,175 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
No they don't need feminism they need equality, feminism doesn't each equality, it teaches power without responsibility.

Eloquent Inquisitor

18,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Partygoer 500
AvenirLegacy
Woman speaking out for Feminism

Do we need feminism?

Why is feminism frowned upon; due to a few feminazi who hate all men?

Does feminism include equality for all, or is it just a female power-play?

Personally, if the world takes a dim view to woman, then feminism seems a logical reply, even in its extreme form.

I liked that series of images a lot more than the first series, AL. Repeating my post from that thread here:

In my opinion, Third Wave Feminism has a bunch of overbearing jerks associated with it to the degree that they've managed to ruin-by-association the term "feminist", in much the manner that certain atheists have managed to ruin that term (I do not even own a fedora, and neither do most of the dumbasses in the memes; most of those are trilbies).

We do need feminism, but not the type that is being perpetrated as revenge against men or superiority over men or excludes transwomen. There is an imbalance, but creating another imbalance is not going to correct the imbalance.

DISCLAIMER: This is my opinion, which I have no intention of arguing over, and you may take or leave it as you like. I will discuss the issue, but I will not debate my opinion. Know the difference, please, before quoting me.

Fanatical Zealot

Senator Armstrong

Gary Coleman.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
conconconcrete wall
Athena_flora
Nowadays the feminists you see are stupid men hating assholes.

Oh come on, don't believe the hype.

I can bring out any feminists true passions. Most don't hate men, just view them as competition or as the enemy. Very few develop a true hatred.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff