Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Gaia!
People are BEGGING here for more GREEN Items for Months!
And you bring out a FROG Item which is minty???
Sorry, but ARE YOU SERIOUS??

At least the Hair could have been green...

I... I just can not believe it...
sorry for the Caps.
I kinda got furious

~ the next morning ~

Okay.
I'm sorry for getting angry at this.
I've read some of your Comments and Explanations.

I know, that green isn't the most popular Color.
But why?
Lots of People told me they would make green Avis,
if we would have enough Items to mix and match.
But since we got so little variety of different Shades of Greens,
it's too hard for most People.
So, Gaia could make Green into a popular Color, if done right.

Divine Muse

In before "Girly stuff sells well"

Because Gaia's demographic (Women) would never buy an item that isn't the obligatory female colours such as mint, cream, baby blue, or pink. [/sarcasm]

Ruthless Gatekeeper

Not all frogs are green, y'know.

Divine Muse

Leothalis the Mage

Very true

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Leothalis the Mage

Yea i know, but, this could have been such a wonderful Opportunity to give us green Stuff.
And let's face it, almost everyone is associating Frogs with the Color Green at the first Thought.
I'm just sitting here, hardcore facepalming and thinking
just whyyyyyy
Jayce Reinhardt
Leothalis the Mage

Very true

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And I agree that this Frog is beautiful.
But. just.
Please understand my agony here.

(And we get so many red Items/ red recolors of almost every Item that comes out -)

Magnetic Phantom

Jayce Reinhardt
In before "Girly stuff sells well"

Because Gaia's demographic (Women) would never buy an item that isn't the obligatory female colours such as mint, cream, baby blue, or pink. [/sarcasm]

Haa. I'm not their demographic then. The last shirt I bought irl was dark green.

I agree that we could use more green items.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
It could've been lime. Anything but teal/mint.

Perfect Saint

It's really not easy being green.
I remember those surveys put up by people and even staff about color preferences. Maybe green is in the lowest one there? They do say green eyes are the rarest so green Gaia items are similar? sweatdrop

Alcopops's Pardner

Bloodthirsty Bunny

33,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
green is one of my favorite colors and i really do wish there were more green items other than black/lime combos and then things like mint. (i do like mint, but green is the best)

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
I hate it too, but mint probably sells better.

Sparkling Transmutator

Green items ( including forest, light green, or neon green ) don't sell well.
Now green variant items in teal or mint do sell well. Blame the userbase,
not Gaia. They are only doing what is profitable. If users put their money
where there mouth was, then the green items they plea for would sell well.
Winter Hue

That's pretty dense to say. You talk as if the "userbase" is collectively a single entity - which they aren't. People have different interests on this site and green items have enough merit to not be shoved under the rug. A good company would try to satisfy all different types of interests, not just their most popular. By your rule, Gaia should only sell pink, black, and purple items for the female base because those probably "sell well". Meanwhile, there is still a lot of untapped potential. That doesn't sound profitable to me.

Sparkling Transmutator

From Kirito
Winter Hue

That's pretty dense to say. You talk as if the "userbase" is collectively a single entity - which they aren't. People have different interests on this site and green items have enough merit to not be shoved under the rug. A good company would try to satisfy all different types of interests, not just their most popular. By your rule, Gaia should only sell pink, black, and purple items for the female base because those probably "sell well". Meanwhile, there is still a lot of untapped potential. That doesn't sound profitable to me.

Yeah no. Green items do not sell to warrant their creation. I say that because we don't
get many green items. If they sold well then we would get more. Gaia knows how to play
the color game when it comes to trends. You may call it dense, but I am simply making
an observation. Gaia will choose safe colors over unsafe colors every day of the week.
They want to make a profit. Artists need to make a profit. Artists don't last very long if
Gaia isn't making money ( as noticed by the huge artist layoffs we had last year ). Green
is not a safe color since when we do have items released in said color, they barely sell.
Items that barely sell aren't worth the artist's time and the company certainly doesn't want
to pay artists for items that aren't profitable for the company. Makes sense, right? Example,
let's take an independent clothing store ( one that makes and sell their own clothing without
the help of manufacturers ). Now let's say this clothing store is set up in an area in which
people don't wear clothes of a certain style or color. Would that clothing store sell those items?
Would that clothing store go out of its way to supply the store with clothing for maybe the
handful of it's shopping base that "might" spend money on said normally undesirable clothes?
They could if they weren't hoping to make a profit. However it is a stupid move to do so if
they are looking to make a profit. Users may say they want more items in certain colors, but
unless they spend money on said colored items when they do release ... then Gaia will be
forced to not release them in favor of items in colors that sell immensely better. Makes sense.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Mint is a pretty feminine color and feminine items tend to sell better on Gaia, so I'm not surprised.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff