Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Seriously, how is this a hot topic when a lot of people have so much trouble with the captcha? We should get a bonus if we actually get the captcha right in under 30 minutes.

Fuzzy Dragon

There is a contest for fishing this month that's why its under hot topics. Truthfully the captcha has killed a lot of the players. There were a lot of bots so they added the captcha but now it's not only hard to read but it glitches. Sadly Codemonkey has mentioned to get it fixed they either need to make their own captcha or redo fishing since captchas are not normally used on flash games. Hopefully he can find another solution but I wouldn't hold my breath on it happening (nothing against him it's just been a while and nothing has been found yet).

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Its the reason I quit fishing, which was the only thing I liked to do on this site for a while.

Rei Ameino's Wife

High-functioning Fox

18,475 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Genyusai
Its the reason I quit fishing, which was the only thing I liked to do on this site for a while.
I was actually going to get into it. But then I quit it for the same reason.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Irony - A lot of legitimate players have told me they got tired of the captchas that they just used hax to skip them.

It truly is annoying for me to sit there and refresh and figure them out. I sometimes spend more time on the captcha than I did on filling the bucket. sweatdrop

6,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
Agreed, they need a better system for weeding out all the bots. It's killing this game for me.
I also am annoyed with the capchas. I came back to gaia after a few years and was really disappointed to see that this was their response to getting rid of botters. There are many capchas out there that are much easier to read while still providing the same anti-botting protection. sad sad.

Cluttered Kitten

14,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Capcha has definitely killed fishing for me. Not that I did it super often to begin with, but it was a nice way to kill some time. Now it's a nice way to give me eye strain ;_;

Feral Diedrich

Yeah I would fish more often if it wasn't for the stupid hard-to-read captcha scream

Girl-Crazy Vampire

8,650 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
i agree i can never read em............

Blessed Waffles

I hope they'll be able to fix those damn captcha any month from now. the sooner the better. pretty please.

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
AH! PRAISE JESUS ITS NOT JUST ME! I actually just left a full bucket unsaved because I couldn't read the Captcha and was getting frustrated with trying to figure it out after the 10th attempted.

For a while it seemed like they had changed it to a more readable font and whatnot, WHICH I LOVED. But then they changed it back to this impossible crap. Fishing is the only thing I do on gaia, and now I can't even do that.

Girl-Crazy Gaian

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bump.

No offense to the pro fishers and their tournament, but I feel the captcha issue is way more of an important topic than that tournament. pirate

Like how do the people who run it even sleep at night knowing many new players' first catches ever may be abandoned due to frustration with the captcha? :/

Fisher

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces