Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
NickAndMore
Since its June 27 premiere, The Legend of Korra has been troubled with low ratings. From as high as 1.5 million on the first episode to as low as 1.1 million on the fourth and fifth episodes, it was only a matter of time before episodes were either rescheduled or pulled completely.

Now, the network has started pulling the episodes completely. After seven new episodes of Book Three’s 13 have aired, Nick has pulled one episode from this Friday as well as all four episodes from August 1 and 8.

Episode 8 “The Terror Within” is still airing this Friday at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

No word on when (or where) the remaining five episodes will air.
(Source)

I blame Book 2 for this, personally...

Married Pumpkin

Nick was doing a terrible job of advertising the show so personally, I blame them.

edit: Looks like it's not cancelled but we'll get more details at SDCC.

Dapper Capitalist

Wait what?
They wouldn't just cancel it mid season would they?

Quotable Prophet

Hopefully it won't get cancelled but honestly they wouldn't be showing the series now if it weren't for all the early episode leaks

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I've spoken about this before. Legend of Korra is a bit... Well, the plot, Korra's actions, and perhaps also some portion of the characters introduced, aren't as easy to relate to (or perhaps not fantastical enough, for people who enjoyed that element) as those in the original series. I think, maybe, the writers are trying too hard to make Korra 'different' from Aang, which is putting a portion of the audience off. Purely speculation.

Dapper Capitalist

Qyzar
Nick was doing a terrible job of advertising the show so personally, I blame them.

This, though it seems like airing it now was a last minute decision after the leaks.

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Qyzar

edit: Looks like it's not cancelled but we'll get more details at SDCC.
User ImageBased on this (which is from Bryke's Tumblr, as linked above), it would seem that Nick is pulling Korra from TV proper, and it will be a digital-only thing.

They must need more room for Spongebob reruns or something...

Man-Hungry Lunatic

i blame nickelodeon refusing to advertise at all or play any reruns

Dedicated Hunter

33,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
And this is the Avatar series should go to Cartoon Network or Disney and not to Nickelodeon. They always keep pulling these stunts with their shows and I'm sick of it.

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/128377-nickelodeon-yanks-final-five-episodes-of-legend-of-korra.html

Guys, we're in trouble, and have no one to blame but ourselves. Because no one in the u.s. watched TV airings of Korra, and opted to illegally stream it instead, they are switching to digital distribution. The good news is, Nickelodeon will probably stream it legally at several sites. The bad news is, if we don't watch it legally, the entire series and franchise are most assuredly screwed. Not watching this season legally is only going to show the execs that we are uninterested in the franchise as a whole. TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Dangerous Bookworm

User Image

Straight from the creator's Facebook. It's going on hiatus from TV, but they're planning on continuing it online. Whether that means its own website, or Nick.com, we don't know, but Korra will continue with this season, at the very least.

The blame falls on all parties involved. Nick did a terrible job advertising the show. The leaks certainly didn't help anything, because it's pretty much what caused the creators to say "You know what? ******** it, we're not putting the episodes on Nick.com then." And then they were super slow about uploading them to iTunes, so the only way to really see them was on TV one night a week, and there are countries that don't have Nickelodeon, so the only way to see them online LEGALLY was iTunes, which, as aforementioned, was being uploaded at snail speeds.

Honestly, I hope Avatar strips itself from Nick entirely and continues just putting episodes online or goes to a different channel. There are plenty of mature themes that could be implemented while still keeping it fairly "kid-friendly".

Dapper Capitalist

Wuyabi
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/128377-nickelodeon-yanks-final-five-episodes-of-legend-of-korra.html

Guys, we're in trouble, and have no one to blame but ourselves. Because no one in the u.s. watched TV airings of Korra, and opted to illegally stream it instead, they are switching to digital distribution. The good news is, Nickelodeon will probably stream it legally at several sites. The bad news is, if we don't watch it legally, the entire series and franchise are most assuredly screwed. Not watching this season legally is only going to show the execs that we are uninterested in the franchise as a whole. TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

I watch it when it airs! emo

Conservative Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I don't, because it airs at the most inconvenient time possible for me. Who's home on Friday night at like, 8 or 9 pm?

Clever Shapeshifter

14,015 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
Ugh I don't want to watch the show on my computer ( it's so slow!) and I'm blaming Nick on this one. I have not seen a single ad for the show, besides a preview right after the show and on facebook.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Loki Laufeysson
i blame nickelodeon refusing to advertise at all or play any reruns

+.♦.+ Diamond Abyss +.♦.+

This, Totally this.

The reruns I've been seeing of avatar shows ALONE are nicktoons.

-✨~✨-oo gaia_diamond -✨~✨-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces