Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
              This is the first time I've been back in 9 months and I've been briefed on your... new ways of handling business. I do not agree nor am I pleased with it.

This is more than a nuisance. Please stop with the incessant advertisements concerning your sales and the soliciting of the purchase of your items.

I'm sure you realise that this pushes me away from wanting to buy anything from you, yes...? But I suppose the real question here is: how long until you care?

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
They've been gradually increasing the number of announcements for a long time, I don't think one person is enough to dissuade them. I just click through all of them then go to the announcements forum to see if there are any that I would actually like.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Best advice I can give is to ignore them and let the counter stop at 10. It's actually quite soothing.
Plus Gaia can see how many users are clicking (not reading) their announcements, so if fewer people do they see that it's not an effective form of advertising.

Dapper Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Diosu
They've been gradually increasing the number of announcements for a long time, I don't think one person is enough to dissuade them. I just click through all of them then go to the announcements forum to see if there are any that I would actually like.

So, I suppose then that they do not understand what this business model does or they don't care.

I started doing that today, actually; once I realized that the announcements were no longer announcements, but rather garbage ads.

I wonder what it is that we will have to do to garner a response. Perhaps hundreds of angry letters sent to their P.O. Box...

Dapper Lunatic

5,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
KittieCupcakes
Best advice I can give is to ignore them and let the counter stop at 10. It's actually quite soothing.
Plus Gaia can see how many users are clicking (not reading) their announcements, so if fewer people do they see that it's not an effective form of advertising.

Oh, thank you for that bit of advice! I will do that fom now on; I'm so used to just getting rid of them. Certainly less time consuming than clicking through them.

Now to get over having a clean dashboard...

Ahhh~ Sacrifices.

Eloquent Conversationalist

Diosu
>I stopped doing that a while ago.
Actually, just use the ticker box on the home page to see what's relevant to you.
Or, you could use the forum layout of their announcements to do the same thing.
But either way, I stopped clearing the announcements. Too time consuming to turn up nothing of importance.

Eloquent Conversationalist

The Belly of Maree

Now to get over having a clean dashboard...

Ahhh~ Sacrifices.

>I was the same way.
Some things you just have to do.
This method, it seems, is one of them.

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
lil4fingers
Diosu
>I stopped doing that a while ago.
Actually, just use the ticker box on the home page to see what's relevant to you.
Or, you could use the forum layout of their announcements to do the same thing.
But either way, I stopped clearing the announcements. Too time consuming to turn up nothing of importance.
I guess that's faster, thanks.

Shy Receiver

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yeah, me too. It's too problematic to go through the announcements so I just ignore it. Why so many ads...=3=

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I believe Gaia's record is 33 within a 24 hour span :S...

Romantic Man-Lover

12,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100
KittieCupcakes

Then they just spam your inbox with ads

Relentless Glitch

Zandykins
I believe Gaia's record is 33 within a 24 hour span :S...
So improvement? sweatdrop

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Dwindling
KittieCupcakes

I don't know, I think there was enough of an outcry against that where they won't do it again.

Romantic Man-Lover

12,200 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100
KittieCupcakes
Dwindling
KittieCupcakes

I don't know, I think there was enough of an outcry against that where they won't do it again.

There's more of an outcry to stop GGs and cash announcements than there were for the PMs

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Dwindling
KittieCupcakes
Dwindling
KittieCupcakes

There's more of an outcry to stop GGs and cash announcements than there were for the PMs
Yeah, but they never made a containment thread for those topics.
In any case, Gaia should just start listening to its users on all issues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff