Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

is it possible that i can put 3 images as my background in 3 sepearate columns???? question question question question
fkrs
is it possible that i can put 3 images as my background in 3 sepearate columns???? question question question question

Sure; you can put one image as a background for #column_1, another for #column_2, and the last for #column_3. Is that what you mean?

Noob

gothygrimgirl830
fkrs

Sure; you can put one image as a background for #column_1, another for #column_2, and the last for #column_3. Is that what you mean?

yes, how do you do it?

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
fkrs

yes, how do you do it?

You'll want to specify a background image for each column, so you'd use something like

#column_1{background: color here url(url here);}
#column_2{background: color here url(url here);}
#column_3{background: color here url(url here);}

The bits in bold should be changed to what you want. If you just wanted a solid block of colour and not a URL, omit the url section. Don't forget, you can also specify the placement and tiling of your background as well for instance

#column_1{background: transparent url(http://w.cdn.gaiaonline.com/imaging/cms/forumbg_minievent_1a_1405640630_bkgd.jpg) top left no-repeat;}

This example would mean that the image would be aligned to the top left of column 1 and appear once (not tile to fill extra space). I've just used the background from the beach party forum as a sample.

Noob

Zzyli
fkrs

yes, how do you do it?

You'll want to specify a background image for each column, so you'd use something like

The bits in bold should be changed to what you want. If you just wanted a solid block of colour and not a URL, omit the url section. Don't forget, you can also specify the placement and tiling of your background as well for instance

#column_1{background: transparent url(http://w.cdn.gaiaonline.com/imaging/cms/forumbg_minievent_1a_1405640630_bkgd.jpg) top left no-repeat;}

This example would mean that the image would be aligned to the top left of column 1 and appear once (not tile to fill extra space). I've just used the background from the beach party forum as a sample.

ahh tysm!!

Noob

Zzyli
fkrs

yes, how do you do it?

oki um i think i may have worded the question wrong ah, i want like 3 separate images for the actual background of my profile, not for the columns; is that possible?

Hardworking Regular

fkrs
oki um i think i may have worded the question wrong ah, i want like 3 separate images for the actual background of my profile, not for the columns; is that possible?
See the "background-image layering" portion of this post.
You'll need to use commas and keep track of the different layers.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
fkrs

Like, overlaying each other, or in seperate places? Both are quite possible. If you want to have more than one image as the background which overlay each other, it's possible to seperate them with commas like this (I've never actually done this, but I've read about it while looking at CSS3 resources like here)

#selector{background: colour url(url1), url(url2), url(url3);}

Again, the bits in bold should be changed to what you want.

You could also use a custom section for each image you were wanting to position and use some positioning tricks to get them to where you want to go. This would be more helpful if you were wanting them to be in seperate areas on a background.

Lastly, you could manually position each image on a larger image using an image manipulation program (Photoshop, GIMP, even paint would probably work), and use that larger image as your profile background.

Skilled Genius

Zzyli

#selector{background: colour url(url1), url(url2), url(url3);}

Color is applied on the last one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items