Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maiya and Ari might get along due to their no friend thing. Ari doesn't dislike people though; she's just afraid she'll hurt them. Cael and Lark are the closest people she's had to friends thus far and she's not too sure about it.

Bashful Widow

Maiya is afraid of getting hurt by people and Faera doesnt want people to hurt her so they are on the same when it comes to not meeting new people so i think those two will get along great

Bashful Widow

XD i think they might get along too surprised if her dragon allows it xD
One thing I think I need to explain but won't be explained in character because Malik doesn't know this about his magic. The way his spells work. He has base spells each with four elemental forms. So his ward spell that protects an area, each form protects the area from a different element. Another example is his walking spell. The one that he used its air form when he first arrived and its water form when he went to the lake he is currently at.

He thinks they are all separate spells and that he is confined to the spells of elements. When in fact he has a potential to a wider variety of spells then he considers himself to have but they are used in elemental forms.

Lightbringer

I'll get back to responding stuff tomorrow now that the job bit is taken care of. Thanks for being patient folks.
No problem; I had academic things to take care of anyhow. How did your job interview go?

Lightbringer

The interview went pretty well. There's some other stuff I have to take care of in regards to the job, and that's gonna take some time, so it looks like I'll be tied up until Monday. Real life sucks sometimes. x_x
Yes, indeed. But it's fine; there's no avoiding life no matter how much you want to.

Lightbringer

Herp derp. I let the week slip by and didn't even notice. I'll go work on replies.
Takarashi

I feel like what Kreiva is doing is like putting her fingers in her ears and going lalalalala. All she is doing is not paying attention to what she is being told. And she missed the how to be left alone clause, though I suppose that is explained by the panic. This will be fun, I'm writing my post at the moment.

Lightbringer

Bortelex
The idea is that Kreiva was attempting to use a mental defense technique, stilling her mind and focusing on an object that would make it seem like her presence simply 'disappeared.' And yeah, from Kreiva's perspective, sending any kind of signal would give away her position. She had no real reason to trust Silivene, given that the dragon just slipped into her mind and picked up on the mask, which was what was giving the girl so much panic to begin with. I'll reply once I wrangle some creative spark.
Takarashi
Bortelex
The idea is that Kreiva was attempting to use a mental defense technique, stilling her mind and focusing on an object that would make it seem like her presence simply 'disappeared.' And yeah, from Kreiva's perspective, sending any kind of signal would give away her position. She had no real reason to trust Silivene, given that the dragon just slipped into her mind and picked up on the mask, which was what was giving the girl so much panic to begin with. I'll reply once I wrangle some creative spark.

That's the thing, from Silivene's perspective there is no mental attack, just projecting her thoughts to someone else, like talking but mind to mind instead of voice to ear. The signal Silivene was asking for was about the only way Silivene would know that she was heard. She won't even be able to tell if Kreiva is blocking her out.

About the mask, I was just guessing and I hope I didn't get it wrong. But if it is magical or enchanted then Silivene would have noticed it. I've been assuming it was, so if I am wrong, I'm sorry I've been meaning to ask and haven't. If the mask isn't magical at all, then Silivene could still figure out that there was something that Kreiva was hiding. Kreiva was trying to get them to leave with a story that Silivene knew was false to begin with and wasn't trying to just ask them to leave and explain why. Kreiva then used her magic to try to fool them into leaving, so Silivene knew it wasn't her magic and most likely not herself she was hiding. As well it was not the lake she was protecting because the way she was using the lake for her trick, if her target didn't leave it would make them more interested in the lake. Therefore, most likely something she carried she was protecting.

Silivene's sensitivity to magic and her ability understand it come from years of experience with it and amplified by her bond with Malik. This is the thing that will improve as their synchronicity raises.

I hope this explains where my characters are coming from, these have been the thoughts going through my mind about this. The only time in character that these thoughts would have come out would be if Silivene had explained them to Malik, and I hadn't considered including them as part of Silivene's thoughts, I've been mainly focusing on Malik's point of view.

Lightbringer

One of these days I'll end up replying in a timely manner.

Lightbringer

I'll do replies tomorrow.
Okay, that's fine. School is keeping me busy, so your timing is good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff