Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Widow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ᴛʜᴇ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴɪsᴛ
                                                                          ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                                                                          ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ xxxxxx ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ xxxxxx ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ xxxxxx ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ
                                                                          ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ xxxxxx ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ xxxxxx ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ xxxxxx ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴡ

Meelos stared down at the girl. So she was a first ranker? She didn't look much younger or smaller than he did but then again she wasn't standing next to him so he couldn't quite tell. All in all she attempted to fight a third ranker and ended up losing. But without her dragon. This girl sure did have guts, even Meelos knew that though it was just his first day here.

"No, I've never seen this girl before in my life." He stated, examining her wounds. Some students with worse injuries could be up and walking in a day? Thats strange. Meelos had never gained any serious injuries since meeting Sven but he didn't exactly doubt that miracle. "Any idea where the third ranker went?" He questioned as he stared down at the girl.

Meelos couldn't help but actually feel bad for her. Part of him began to wonder where her dragon was and why he or she wasn't fighting by her side. "Better question, where was this girls dragon when the fight began?" He asked, even though he knew the medics probably wouldn't know the answer.

xxxxᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴘ ᴀ ɴ ʏxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ, sᴠᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀsxxxx
                                                                          xxxxʟ ᴏ ᴄ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅsxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴏ ᴏ ᴄxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴄxxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴛ ʜ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ xxxx▐▐

Takarashi
                                                                          [.spoiler]

Lightbringer

User Image
__________Kreiva Ruskilitzer_________

[ - - - The Training Grounds - - - ]

The male medic nodded, so the young man was just curious. "Oh, that third ranker is Jorin. Bit of a hotshot, likes to show off to others. I don't know where he went, per say, but from what I understand he still has trouble keeping his partner under control. When they're fighting everything is fine and such, but his dragon is a bit wild, doesn't know when to stop, so he has to go and let it cool off a bit. Probably went out to the lake or something like that. Word to the wise, I'd let him finish. That partner of his has dished out some nasty burns." The medic advised, while sparing a glance to see how the other healer was doing. Kreiva's arm and leg had been set, so all that was left was to get her on a stretcher and to the infirmary. Based on what the medic had said, she might be up and about before the day was out. "As for her dragon, no idea. Before the fight she ran her mouth a bit saying that she didn't need her partner, so I guess they're not getting along well. No idea what her deal is though. So you're new around here I take it? Anything you wanna know?"

II Satans Sister II

Bashful Widow

ᴛʜᴇ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴɪsᴛ
                                                                          ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Meelos shrugged. So this Jarin guy was a bad boy? Didn't seem so tough fighting 1 star rankers. Meelos looked to Sven with an energized look, like he was ready to fight. But instead, his dragon lazily put its head down to finished enjoying the sun. Meelos turn to him and frowned. "Geez, but next time, we take him on, alright Sven?" Again, the dragon lazily looked away from the barefoot boy and he spun around back to the medic.

"Yeah, today is my first day. So people around here fight... like everyday? All the time?" He questioned, starting to really like this place. Meelos made a mental not to follow the medics and learn as much about the academy as possible. He was also slightly worried about the girl who just took on a boy and his dragon, by herself. He figured Sven would still be outside, probably sleeping when he got back.

xxxxᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴘ ᴀ ɴ ʏxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅsxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴏ ᴏ ᴄxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴄxxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴛ ʜ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ xxxx▐▐

Takarashi
                                                                          [.spoiler]

Lightbringer

User Image

((Last one before I hit the hay, just cuz.))

The medic took a moment to help place Kreiva on the stretcher, gently, then he and the other healer started to carry her to a nearby building. Given that almost every injury happened in the training grounds, it simply made sense to have the medical facility located there as well. With the situation under control, the man returned to the other fellow's questions. "Pretty much. Someone's always got something to prove, or a bet to win. I guess there was a time when they didn't allow it, since it seemed brutish and dangerous, but one of the headmasters realized that people were just gonna end up beating the tar out of each other somewhere. Better to have it on campus where they can get help at least, they figured. The academy doesn't appreciate the gambling ring surrounding it, either, but it's not like there's any way to stop it."

The medics got Kreiva safely into a bed, along with her effects nearby. The lady went to go check on some other things, leaving the man free to chat some more. "Not all of the matches are all serious or high stakes, though. People just like the exercise and the experience. The dragons seem to get a right kick out of it, since it's pretty tough for them to do any real damage to one another. If you're into that kind of thing, there's a whole group dedicated to having sparring matches and things like that. They get tournaments going with prizes, and they put on a real show. I almost wish I had one of my own, buuut when you see the people and the injuries they turn up with, I think I'm pretty content with my job." He grinned.

II Satans Sister II

Bashful Widow

ᴛʜᴇ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴɪsᴛ

Meelos nodded looking around. So this was where everyone went when they got injuries. And fighting was regular around here? That sounded good to him. Meelos loved a good fight thought Sven might not want to everyday. "No doubt, there will be plenty of more fights." He siad, grinning to himself. He seemed pretty confident. "I bet Sven and I could easily take on Jarin and his partner. Third rankers arent that tough." Meelos stated, rather cockily.

He had his hands on his hips and a crooked grin on his face. Then his grin disappeared and he looked at the girl. "So she gonna be okay?" He questioned, feeling like he needed to pay this Jarin kid a visit. Sure he didn't know him but this guy should know better than to fight a student two ranks below himself. "Coward move, no matter how that girl reacted." He said bluntly now.

xxxxᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴘ ᴀ ɴ ʏxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅsxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴏ ᴏ ᴄxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴄxxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴛ ʜ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ xxxx▐▐

Takarashi
                                                                          [.spoiler]

Lightbringer

User Image

"Eh, I wouldn't mind someone putting the bugger in his place." The medic commented. "He's capable and all, but people tend to stay away from him because his family's got money and power. It'd probably be one thing if he just made the challenger's life miserable, but he hits where it hurts - family and things like that. Nobility's a real pain in the arse, I tell you. But hey, if you've got nothing to lose, be my guest. One of the beds here has a few springs poking out and makes for a real unpleasant stay, if you catch my drift." He said with a wink.

At the fellow's comment, the medic went to take a look at how Kreiva was doing. She was still out from the sedative, but otherwise she seemed to be doing fine. "Yeah, nothing some rest won't fix. Her pride is probably the thing that's gonna hurt the most." The man adjusted her pillow a bit, but otherwise left her alone. "That's probably why he went through with it. A no-name first rank without her partner must have been like Yuletide for him. Some people don't know anything besides being above others. It's a bit strange, since the rest of his family aren't a terrible bunch. Wouldn't want to live with them, but they've helped out the kingdom here and there. Maybe he's just got a superiority complex or something."

While the two talked, Kreiva ever so slightly began to stir. The sedative was meant to keep her out for quite some time, but her own experience with herbs might have given her a slight resistance to the effects. Her honey eyes creaked open. The room seemed hazy, and her head felt like syrup. She was vaguely aware of throbbing in one of her arms and legs, but it wasn't so bad if she kept still. A weak groan escaped her lips.

II Satans Sister II
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- Malae Lake ----

tab Lark laid there floating in the translucent, jade water. He loved the outdoors, the nature, the fresh air. He sighed in comfort. Gure, his odd dragon who possessed no gender, sat patiently on the bank, leisurely viewing a single honey bee. There wasn't anything notable about it, the bee simply provided Gure with the small amount of entertainment it wanted.

tab "Um, Gure? Don't you think we should go to the Atheneum?" Gure waved it's paw as if shooing away a fly in response. Lark waited to see if Gure would say more, and when he realized it wouldn't, he lifted his brilliantly decorated broadsword above his head and began wading through to the shore. When he arrived here a couple hours ago, it had surprised him that he was able to stand in the water. Of course, he didn't dwell on the idea of it. This simply made his transportation more convenient. Once he stood beside Gure, he quietly asked, "I'll go ahead first, all right? You know the way to the Atheneum, right? Well, I'll meet you there in an hour. Can you make sure you get there in time?"

tab The dragon grunted in agreement. Lark, seeing this as permission, latched his prized sword onto his belt and when on his way.

User Image

Bashful Widow

ᴛʜᴇ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴɪsᴛ

Meelos crossed his arms, nodding slowly as he listened to the man speak. A lot of useful information for some people, but Meelos only needed one thing to fuel his drive. "So putting a stuck up rich kid in his place sounds good enough for me." He grinned, slamming his left fist into his right palm. If he could produce flames, surely the area around him would be up in flames and one could tell by the energy in his eyes. "And would surely make a name for myself and hopefully, make this girl feel a bit better about losing." He said looking from the empty cot to the girl that lay unconscious.

"Where did you say the boy and his dragon went? I have more than enough reason to pay this kid a visit. I'm sure Sven wouldn't mind so either." He said and as if on cue, Sven glances up at the sky, flames shooting from his mouth. Both the dragon and the boy seemed full of energy now. "I will be back later, you know, after I'm done beating the crap out of this kid." For a new student this boy seemed to have extreme faith in his relationship with his dragon, that or he was just extremely confident.

Fortunately for Meelos, his memory favored him and he thought back to when the medic stated the boy might be at the lake. "Sven and I are gonna check the lake! Keep an eye on her. I wanna be able to bring her some good news when I come back." He grinned running, outside. "Sven let's go!" He said, climbing on to the dragons back and majestically, the ash colored scales of the dragon glittered int he sunlight as they quickly made their way to lake. When they arrived, there were several boys and girls there along with their dragons.

The moment, Sven touched the ground, Meelos jumped off, and placed his hands on his hips as if he had just conquered a great beast. "Now! Which one of you is the Third Ranker Jarin who picks battles with First Rankers?!" He called, out, drawing the attention of a few nearby students. Sven was behind Meelos and you could tell the same type of enthusiasm that was in the boy's eyes was shared with his dragon companion.

xxxxᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴘ ᴀ ɴ ʏxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴏᴛʜᴇʀsxxxx
                                                                                    ᴍᴇʟᴀᴇ ʟᴀᴋᴇxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴏ ᴏ ᴄxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜɪs ᴇɴᴛʜᴜsɪᴀsᴍ! ᴄxxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴛ ʜ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ xxxx▐▐

Takarashi

Shiruke Ryu

Lightbringer

User Image

[ - - - Malae Lake - - - ]

The medic wished the young man luck in his endeavor. It wasn't generally in a person's nature to wish harm on others, but given the recuperative ability of masters and partners, it was little worse than a schoolyard scuffle. Make some friends and enemies, get into a few scraps, learn something, and grow up. That was the way life went.

At the arrival of a newcomer and the call for attention, the small group of students turned their attention to the young man. There was a brief pause, before one of them stepped out, confidently, with his hands on his waist. "Got a problem with me keeping people in line?" Jorin replied with a smirk. "That brat needed to learn to not run her mouth around her superiors. It's a good way to get in trouble, like she just did. You sound like the type that needs the same sort of lesson."

Meanwhile, in the infirmary, Kreiva tried to recall what had happened. Right now it felt pretty difficult, like trying to eat soup with a fork. "Easy now, you've barely been out for 15 minutes." The medic commented as he came to her side. "That sedative should have put you out for a while - not trying to keep you knocked out or anything, but it's for your own good. Here." He offered something out to her mouth. Was she hungry? She didn't particularly know what was going on, but hey, it seemed like a good idea. He dropped it in, and she swallowed slowly. After another moment, her eyelids closed once more. Back to sleep. Back to dreams.

II Satans Sister II

Bashful Widow

ᴛʜᴇ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴɪsᴛ

Meelos started to laugh as an illusion of lightening danced around him and Sven. The lightening was not accompanied by sound but it was plentiful. "Superiors my a**!" The boy chimed, laughing still. "I'm gonna beat you into the ground and put you in your place. A third star ranker that picks on First Star Rankers is no superior to me." He stated, the smile wiped from his face, leaving a much more serious look.

The lightening disappeared, not even leaving a trace, and Meelos took a step towards Jarin. He was still barefoot, and his red eyes shone with determination. "Now enough talking. Let's get started. I wanna make this quick and easy, got it?" He said stepping back to Sven who practically had flames dancing around him.

xxxxᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴘ ᴀ ɴ ʏxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴏᴛʜᴇʀsxxxx
                                                                                    ᴍᴇʟᴀᴇ ʟᴀᴋᴇxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴏ ᴏ ᴄxxxx▐▐
                                                                          xxxxᴛ ʜ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ xxxx▐▐

Takarashi

Lightbringer

User Image

At the sudden appearance of the electric sparks, the group visibly recoiled. The only thing usually exchanged outside of the arena were words, and nothing more. Despite the fumble, Jorin quickly regained his composure. "Seems like everyone likes to talk a big game." He said, though his own voice was mildly shaky. "But I've yet to see anyone prove it." It seemed as though Jorin would have to eat those words in a minute, though, as the red-eyed male threw down the challenge. "Easy now, what's the rush?" He said as he took a step back. "We're both gentlemen, right? Shouldn't we settle this in the arena?" He was likely just trying to buy some time to figure something out. Given the look of the dragon, he'd need all the help he could get.

II Satans Sister II
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- Malae Lake ----

tab Just as Lark reached a cluster trees surrounding the lake, another student arrived. He caught whiff of trash-talk and it would be best for him if he was as far away from the on-coming fight as possible. Of course, he didn't want Gure to get into the mess either. Hurriedly, Lark made his way back to his dragon's side.

tab "H-hey, Gure, maybe we should go now? So we d-don't get involved." It gazed down at him, bearing its sharp fangs. "S-sorry for interrupting your bee-watching... But I think we should get away right now." Gure became overly irritated with him, as it always does and tackled him away. Lark yelped loudly and stumbled through the crowd that had gather around the two arguing students. To Lark's surprise, he couldn't stop himself before he fell to the ground with a thud, right in the middle of the two bickering boys.

User Image

Bashful Widow

ᴛʜᴇ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴɪsᴛ

Meelos cocked his head back, a cheeky grin on his face. "What's the matter? Big bad rich kid afraid of a two star ranker? Give me a break!" He called out, crossing his arm in disappointment. "But... if you insist on fighting it out in the training grounds, ill agree. Just saying, once I finish moping the floor with you, you have to apologize for picking a fight with that one star ranker, got it?" He said, remembering that he was fighting for that girl's sake as well as his own love of fighting.

Suddenly, the sight of a boy tumbling into the middle of the event, confused Meelos. "Eh?" He questioned and looked back to where the boy had come from. "Sven, are you just as confused as I am?" He mumbled to his dragon who, now just seemed to ignore him. Sven was a bit more interested in the other dragons around him. In truth, Sven had never been around other dragons before so this was a first for him.

Meelos stepped forward, helping the boy to his feet. Despite the trash talk that just took place, Meelos softened up just for a moment. It was obvious he was older than this boy, and taller two. "Hey, you alright?" He asked looking down at the boy then at Jorin. "Training ground. Now." He said, rather demanding.

xxxxᴄ ᴏ ᴍ ᴘ ᴀ ɴ ʏxxxx▐▐
                                                                                    ᴏᴛʜᴇʀsxxxx
                                                                                    ᴍᴇʟᴀᴇ ʟᴀᴋᴇxxxx
                                                                          xxxxᴏ ᴏ ᴄxxxx▐▐
                                                                          xxxxᴛ ʜ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ xxxx▐▐

Takarashi

Shiruke Ryu

Lightbringer

User Image

Jorin's face was making an impressive display today. Cockiness, smugness, nervousness, and now anger. Despite his cowardly ways, he had enough of a backbone to not appreciate insults though. "Don't get ahead of yourself. I'll show you being third rank isn't just for show, newbie." The blonde growled. He cast a glance at the other boy that just burst into the scene, then looked toward what was presumably his dragon, and scoffed. He muttered something that sounded like 'amateurs' before looking at the challenger once more. "I heard you. Don't keep me waiting." He sneered. "Garun!" He then called out, and the crimson dragon came sauntering toward its master. The third ranker mounted his partner, and the two took off into the sky, back toward the arena. The other students, presumably friends or lackeys of Jorin's, dispersed.

II Satans Sister II
Shiruke Ryu

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas