Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lazy Cat

11,650 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Waffles! 25
User Image

Toby plopped down onto the soft padding of grass.
"Zinny!!" He whinned from the ground. "Carry me the rest of the way to the academy!" He yelled. He waved at her to come over.

Mornaug humphed and sat down with a thump.
"I am not, your ride. Besides, the main building is only a few yards away.." She pointed out with her nose. It was true, they were just on the outskirts of the forest and were looking right at the academy.

Toby laid down on his stomach and stared at the many buildings.

"Heeeey...what's with all those guards? I hope that they aren't there for us..." He then looked over at Mornaug for her input.

"That many? I don't thinks so. Besides, all you did was let a nice old farmer's cattle run about, just so you can steal some of his carrots." She replied sarcastically.

"I was hungry."
"You were stealing."
"Hungry. Me. Now."
"Aaaannnnnnd...you want me to do something about that?"
"Yes. Yes I do."
Mornaug sighed as she continued to sit.
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"Food. Me need. Food!"
"Humph! Get your own food."
"Why are you so cruel to me?!" With his arms, he covered his head and began a session of fake sobs.
"Knock it off."
He looked up and grinned. "What happens if I don't?"
Mornaug sighed again. "We've been through this before. Nothing happens."
Toby wrinkled his nose and got up. "Fine then. I'll just go buy some food." He dusted himself off and began walking towards one of the buildings.
"With what money?"
Toby froze in place. He then plopped down on the ground again with a sob.
"You know...I'm pretty sure that the academy would serve food. After all, you are now a student."
Toby stopped crying and grinned at Mornaug.
"To the academy!!" He jumped up and headed to one of the buildings. Obviously he had no idea where he was going, and Mornaug didn't seem to care either.

Lightbringer

Master Faust
[Business District]

"Isaac." The man responded simply. He gave no indication of where he might be found, nor when, but for someone that seemed so sporadic, such information would likely be unhelpful. He punctuated the fact that their meeting had come to an end by resuming his oddities, with plenty of singing and dancing to be head. "It's Tuesday! It's Tuesday! What a time to be alive!" He laughed to the heavens.

Master Leiva
[Entrance to the academy]

"Right on time, student Boren." The Master called out. She was a short distance away, along with some of the medical staff. She had been helping to secure large carrying satchels to one of the dragons present. She gave a few additional orders to some of the crew, then approached Lark. She was outfitted in proper riding gear, with thick pieces of tanned leather to help protect her body, and a deep blue cloak that matched the color of her own dragon, Cyld. The master exchanged glances with the lad and his partner. "How cooperative is your partner? Will it help carry cargo? Will it carry you, for that matter?"

Bortelex

Shiruke Ryu
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- The Atheneum ----

---- Company: others, Master Leiva ----

tab Judging by the staff, equipment, and dragons, Lark could gather that they just might go hunting for herbs. When the master approached and asked about Gure's willingness, Lark gave a unsure look. Gure on the other hand was quite pleased that at least one person in its life referred to it as "it" instead of "he" or "she" upon the first encounter and gladly nodded. Its fondness for her was growing considerably. It was in high spirits, so even if it was required to carry such a dimwitted little boy as Lark, it wouldn't mind a bit. Lark gazed at Gure's positive attitude, shocked.

tab "I-I suppose so..." This was a rare instance that Lark stuttered out of a lack of words rather than shyness.

User Image

Lightbringer

Master Leiva

"Bring your partner here, then." The master beckoned. She had already turned and was heading back to where the other people and dragons were. The satchels were essentially harnesses. Given the importance of making sure that the supplies came back safely, there were numerous buckles and straps to form the spiderweb-like device. All of the dragons present had a similar setup, with some having more and larger satchels attached, based on the dragon's strength. "What's its name, for that matter?" She said in a seemingly absent-minded fashion. Her eyes were darting everywhere, and her head was swiveling all about as she made sure that everything was being taken care of.

Shiruke Ryu
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- The Atheneum ----

tab When Master Leiva gestured to follow, Gure eagerly trotted along without the need for Lark to push it. Lark trailed his dragon as he examined all the fascinating equipment. The harnesses were especially intriguing, possessing all those straps. Just how was something of this caliber crafted? Were they hand crafted? If so, what tools did they use? Are those tools cheap and effortless to purchase? If one could somehow obtain the tools needed, how would one obtain the materials needed? What are the materials anyhow? Is it leather? If so, what kind of leather and what animal did it come from? Was this leather prepared in a unique way? He was startled back into reality when she questioned Gure's name so suddenly. Of course, she most likely asked out of courtesy rather than curiosity.

tab "Oh! U-um, its name is Gure, ma'am. And, um, may I ask what you c-called us here for?"

User Image

════════════════════════════════════════════
Malik

After he had finished talking to the man. He had said his name was Isaac, or at least that was the name he had told Malik he could be called by so he had no way of know if that was truthful. It wouldn't matter until he again saw the man and most likely saw him outside of the class that Malik was sure he taught. Oh, why couldn't he have just been straight forward about things. Malik supposed that man would have a saying to explain that as well if he had the desire to tell it. Malik went back to the, oh what did they call that place again, Silivene didn't fill it in for him this time.

He finished his registration in time enough to receive instruction about where to go to get to the class he would be taking in the period after the break. Alchemy wasn't exactly what he had expected though he should have known that he would need much more than he carried. As he didn't have any paper, ink or pens. Still he managed to make it through the class without embarrassing himself too much. Afterwards he was stopped by the teacher and told what he would need and that he was expected to have it, that just left Malik wondering just what he would be able to buy. And since he would need to probably find some kind of work here what would he do in a place where his strengths were commonplace.

The next class went much easier for him as all he needed was Silivene. Though it did take come coaxing to get her to him. The teacher was the same one that he met when he came to the city, and Malik wasn't sure if the teacher was pleased to see him. One thing that comforted him was seeing many others there that seemed to be less adept and in sync with their partners than he was with Silivene. He could never be sure though as some times there were flashes of skill that were surprising to most of the class. Also with more dragons in one place and having Silivene there to compare, he could see that Silivene was among the larger dragons with only a few larger then her.

After the classes he went over to the markets to buy some of the thing he would need, which had cost him about a third of his money. Then is when he noticed that he hadn't eaten since he set foot here. "It's time to eat," Malik said under his breath. Come out here and we can, Silivene said to him. Malik ran off to the entrance opposite the main one that entered into the markets. The one that Silivene said led into the woods and toward the lake.

When he got out of the city there was Silivene waiting for him ready for him to mount. He got up onto her back with practiced ease. As soon as he was ready he called excitedly, "Lets fly." Yes, Silivene replied enthusiastically. Soon after they were up into the sky riding the wind. "You pick first as always." I have the perfect idea, and the perfect place. They flew north a bit before he saw it and Silivene confirmed. Another lake nestled among the trees. Not as large as the one near the Academy but large enough. Silivene could easily fit within it's shores. Silivene made a slow low pass over the lake and that was his cue. He was lined up directly at the lake, as he readied the spell that would keep him safe. Once he touched the surface of the water his spell triggered. And when it did his fall stopped as gently as if he had taken one step to another in a flight of stairs. At the same time a wave spread out around him like a boulder got thrown into the lake. When it reached them the wave crashed against the shores. He walked to the nearest shore while the reflected waves rippled through the lake. Silivene walked up to him from in the woods carrying a deer in her mouth and setting it down before him so he could cut a piece before she ate it.

Silivene

Lightbringer

Master Leiva

"Good, good." She spared a look toward Lark's partner. "If you respond to Common, we're going to rig you with a harness like the others for supply transport." She cast a glance to Lark. "If it doesn't, relay that. As for why I called you here, it's because you display the qualities of someone eager to prove themselves." The master's eyes were back on the rest of the situation, doing one final check. "Intelligence offers great potential, but without caution, it can land you in a troublesome spot. Finishing your assignment in class, and proceeding to hand it in as well, implies to an onlooker that you either want recognition, or that you don't have anything better to do. It could also be a sign of one of several mental disorders, but aside from your stuttering, you don't display any of the related qualities. We also needed a hand with transport, and you were an easy pick."

Shiruke Ryu

Lightbringer

User Image
__________Kreiva Ruskilitzer_________

[ - - - Unnamed Northern Woods - - - ]

Kreiva's search through the forest had turned up rather fruitless. She had plenty of choice words about the situation, and loosed all of them in mutterings between breaths. "Whenever I find the jackass who owns this thing, I'm gonna sit them on a ten foot spike." Was one of her many lovely remarks, along with numerous other indescribable, dissatisfied sounds.

The young witch wracked her brain for ideas. What were other connecting factors for the mask? What made sense for something like this? She needed answers now, and time was against her. If she didn't figure something out, then the lunatic arsonist would likely be back. Maybe at the inn, maybe for the fifth ranker, or maybe for her. The girl felt like it would just be easier to toss the shitty mask in the lake and forget about it. Why was she trying to keep it 'safe' in the first place? What did it matter if they had the mask back? "If they want it back that badly, then it's probably really important and dangerous." A more reasonable part of her mind chided. Another string of hushed curses followed and she rubbed her head in irritation.

She had no idea what to do. She gripped her bag where the source of trouble was concealed. Whoever wanted it would be coming for it - if they had some proper way of tracking it, then they should be chasing her. So, if she went somewhere more remote, then no one else would be involved, right? No more heavy conscience then. With an annoyed sigh, the blonde girl mounted her enchanted broom, then kicked off into the skies. She had some scouting to do.

A few minutes passed as she got a good lay of the land. There were plenty of potential places she could bunker down to figure something out, but she wanted a place that was tactically useful. Aven Woods offered nice cover, and gave her mobility in places where dragons couldn't go, but she couldn't stay with the fifth ranker there. She eventually settled on another patch of forest further away. It would have to do. She titled her broom forward and zipped toward it.

She did a bit of scouting on the ground once she was at the forest, getting an idea of where she could run and what she would need to watch out for in the event she had to fight with the mask's owner. Her exploring eventually took her to another lake. It was a handy spot for some spells she could think of. As she drew closer, however, she spotted some guy with a dragon nearby. She swore viciously, but quietly. What in the blue hell was someone doing all the way out here? The people at this ******** academy were insufferable. She had to find some way to drive him off. The witch took a moment to compose herself, then strode out from the cover of the trees. "Oi, what the ******** do you think you're doing out here?!" She shouted in the most confident, commanding voice she could muster. She had to make this convincing.
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- The Atheneum ----

tab Gure nodded in response to Master Leiva's explanation regarding the harnesses and Gure's role in the situation. When the master clarified her reason for calling Lark to this location, the particular phrase, "eager to prove themselves" caused him to fiddle with the edge of his shirt.

tab "E-eager? I-I don't think I'm eager..." As he muttered this, Gure huffed in agitation and rolled its eyes. While she viewed the scene one last time, Master Leiva continued to speak, lecturing Lark about the consequences of his intelligence, then moved on to mental disorders.

tab "M-mental disorder? I-I-I d-don-d-don't have any m-mental dis-dis-disorders!" His extreme surprise made his stuttering excessive and the fact that he was flustered didn't help. Gure shook its head, sighing heavily at Lark's ignorance. Without Lark's attention, it deviously flicked its tail under his foot. In that one moment before he hit the ground, it snapped up his treasure between its jaws and held it high above his reach.

tab "G-Gure! W-what're you doing! P-please, give it back!" Lark yelped as he lifted his face from the dirt. Gure smirked mischievously, swinging it about. "Wh-why are you doing this! You know that's important to me!"

tab Gure snorted, its way of saying, "If you want it, come and get it." After a few moments of Lark pleading, it decided it should take this to a new level. Gure closed the miniscule gap that ensured the sword's safety, and a sound similar to ice cracking filled the air. Just then, Lark's eyes grew wide, his brows furrowing in fury.

tab "You! You broke it! You sh** of a lizard!" Lark bellowed, his voice taking on a more masculine pitch as he charged at Gure, his fist at the ready.

User Image

Malik

Malik looked up as he was just about to get his knife from his bag when he heard a voice speak to him. Looking up he saw a girl, she looked stern and her voice had been almost accusatory. But if this place was forbidden for some reason he doubted that either of them would be here. "I'm here to eat," Malik said before returning to getting his knife. After he got it out, while he was arranging the animal so he could take his cut of meat he said to her, "Would you care for some? You'll have to decide quickly or Silivene will eat before you can get any."

For her part Silivene was being very quiet, either she expected him to figure this out on his own without any communicated advice from her, or she needed to not say anything as the way for her to help him. Silivene's eyes were locked on the newcomer, even with her intense focus she was betraying no sign of alarm. If anything she might have looked impatient.

Silivene

Takarashi

Lightbringer

Master Leiva

The master took subtle amusement in the way that Lark was so easily put into a huff, though she did her best to hide it. When Gure began to pick on its partner, however, she gave a gentle sigh. There was no rush to get things done, but she didn't want to spend a great deal of time fooling around. Still, there wasn't much she could do about it. Partners needed to bond and work things out for themselves in these sorts of situations.

The line between waiting patiently and the need to take action was quickly crossed, however, at Lark's last remark. When the student bolted to his partner, fist at the ready, Master Leiva whipped around to make eye contact with her own dragon, Cyld. The two had a near immediate understanding, and the sapphire-blue dragon let out a tremendous roar to call attention to itself. "Student Boren! Dragon Gure! Cease your actions immediately!" The master commanded afterward. Though she had gentle features, the fierce disapproval was very apparent on her features. She was well aware that neither one could do particular damage to one another, thankfully, but their actions in this situation called for some manner of discipline.

Shiruke Ryu

Lightbringer

User Image
__________Kreiva Ruskilitzer_________

[ - - - Unnamed Northern Woods - - - ]

Now that the young lady had committed to her action, she had to think her way through this. The young man didn't look foreign to the area so she probably couldn't trick him with a fake law, not that such an assumption about a person's background was ever a wise thing to make regardless. If she indicated some manner of danger, like a fire, besides the fact that there was no evidence of any nearby, he'd likely want details that she couldn't provide. No, she needed something really convincing, something she could conjure on the spot... "Conjure? That's it!" She internally exclaimed.

"Don't you know about the lake spirit?" She continued, her voice remaining steady. "It's like a guardian to the water and the forest. Harming the surrounding creatures makes it go apeshit. It's sleeping most of the time, but it can wake up any second now - you had better high tail it, like right ******** now, unless you wanna get throttled by it." Already she had a deeper plan forming in her head, and incantations coming to mind. The witch thought about a few concoctions she had made from lucky foresight that might just help pull this off.

Bortelex
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- The Atheneum ----

tab Gure watched the boy attack with satisfaction. At last, the desired reaction had surfaced. It was all but concerned for its own health; Lark could never, even in a thousand years, be able to harm its form in any way. When the master's dragon gave a roar and the master ordered them to cease their actions, Gure wasn't surprised that Lark paid no mind. Its seen the boy like this in previous years, and the thing that was most obvious was he ignored the entire world except his target. There was no stopping Lark with mere vocabulary. The only known way to terminate his wrath was to make a physical impact with either his head, or his abdomen, areas of his body that would send a sudden, piercing pain to his brain. Therefore, when he was in range, Gure whipped its tail around and swatted him away.

tab "Guh!" The sound escaped his lips as he was sent flying, directly towards Master Leiva.

User Image

Lightbringer

Master Leiva

The master was purely a person of medicine, meaning she had no particular claims to physical or magical prowess. When Lark was hurled toward the woman, she was hit by the full force of the blow and knocked to the ground in a very rough manner. Her armor reduced some of the shock, and she had been trained well enough to at least put her arm between her head and the ground before the impact, making the resultant damage fairly negligible. Some of the other helpers were already rushing to Lark and the master's aid. Cyld, meanwhile, having seen what happened to her master, leaped between her and where Gure stood. The dragon let out another, more ferocious roar, issuing a challenge. The dragon's crimson eyes burned with fury, having no idea what any of this meant - all the blue dragon had seen was an attack, and her master being involved. But all the same, she was ready to fight.

Shiruke Ryu
User Image

ʟaяκ вoяεɴ
---- Entrance to Academy ----

tab Gure, realizing where its idiot human had landed, lowered its head before this dragon, its way of saying, "I sincerely apologize for involving Master Leiva. I had no intention of concerning her. It was by chance that that... Rat... collided with her. With that said, I cannot accept your challenge."

tab As this was taking place, Lark's stuttering personality had returned, unaware of why it felt as if several of his ribs were broken and why he was laying atop the master. After he quickly rolled off of her, he was on his hands and knees, clutching his side as he coughed and hacked the little dinner he had managed to swallow onto the dirt. During this, he was able to piece together what had happened was almost certainly Gure's doing. When he was sure the vomiting had ended, he faced Master Leiva and bowed until his face was inches from the ground.

tab "I... I'm... so-sorry! Wh-whatever Gure... Gure... did! I-I'm sorry!" Lark said between gasps and coughs of pain, struggling to get the correct words out audibly.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces