Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre
If anything that the thief action did is going to be even more announcements of sales and items for Gaia to try to make back the $7,000 loss and cause even more users to leave. It's stealing from Gaia and is an illegal action. It doesn't matter if it's pixels or not. It's just as bad as the programs generating gold that aren't on Gaia.

Forgive me if I don't know marketing and business well, but isn't the removal and/or deletion of the items she stole kinda "restore" the $7000 loss? sweatdrop

No, it will show as a -$7,000 loss on their financial statements. It's not so easily fixed as some people may think. Any sort of transaction is recorded on Gaia's financial statements. I feel really bad for Gaia's accounting department because the have to do many journal entries just to reverse the charge. Not only is what HYYPE did a burden on the mods and users, but it has badly effected Gaia Interactive badly as well. Not even sure if we'll still get the global rewards from the kickstarter now either.

Magical Bunny

Scobre
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre
If anything that the thief action did is going to be even more announcements of sales and items for Gaia to try to make back the $7,000 loss and cause even more users to leave. It's stealing from Gaia and is an illegal action. It doesn't matter if it's pixels or not. It's just as bad as the programs generating gold that aren't on Gaia.

Forgive me if I don't know marketing and business well, but isn't the removal and/or deletion of the items she stole kinda "restore" the $7000 loss? sweatdrop

No, it will show as a -$7,000 loss on their financial statements. It's not so easily fixed as some people may think. Any sort of transaction is recorded on Gaia's financial statements. I feel really bad for Gaia's accounting department because the have to do many journal entries just to reverse the charge. Not only is what HYYPE did a burden on the mods and users, but it has badly effected Gaia Interactive badly as well. Not even sure if we'll still get the global rewards from the kickstarter now either.

We already got them.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Cresceres
Scobre
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre

We already got them.

I really hope so.

Magical Bunny

Scobre
Cresceres
Scobre
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre

We already got them.

I really hope so.

If you look on the GoFusion page, you'll see them!

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Cresceres
Scobre
Cresceres
Scobre
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre

We already got them.

I really hope so.

Thank you for the info.

Stubborn Gifter

Scobre

Well, I just saw two REIs in the GoFusion yesterday, so my guess is that Gaia did fulfill the global rewards despite that the last 33tril was tainted gold. sweatdrop And even if Gaia reset the kickstarter before the incident happened, I think Gaia are aware that it will piss people more if they dare to do it. After all, they know that the users are upset for their trading passes being disable and what HYYPE did, Do we really want to add more fuel to the fire? sweatdrop

As for the financial, I'm guessing that really sucks. So instead of tracking HYYPE down to pay for the damage he causes, Gaia decided to "tax" us in order to recover the loss they have. Great... stare

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre

Well, I just saw two REIs in the GoFusion yesterday, so my guess is that Gaia did fulfill the global rewards despite that the last 33tril was tainted gold. sweatdrop And even if Gaia reset the kickstarter before the incident happened, I think Gaia are aware that it will piss people more if they dare to do it. After all, they know that the users are upset for their trading passes being disable and what HYYPE did, Do we really want to add more fuel to the fire? sweatdrop

As for the financial, I'm guessing that really sucks. So instead of tracking HYYPE down to pay for the damage he causes, Gaia decided to "tax" us in order to recover the loss they have. Great... stare

Oh that's good. Yeah it wouldn't be good just to reverse the effects from the kickstarter. Yes probably we will be the ones to have suffer from the financial loss. Thus the 25% sale on GC to try to recover the losses.

Dangerous Darling

Ah, but the gold in locked accounts never left the economy--it's still here, just not in circulation. (The mp graph (and the sudden dive we saw) is an indicator of activity, I believe.) As far as we know, she didn't buy any GGs, right? So that's all, for lack of a better word, old gold that probably wasn't going to leave the economy in the first place. If they gave the 10tril halo back and redistributed the gold to whomever it came from, it's still ten tril--the only thing that'll have changed is the distribution and ownership of it.
^^
Cresceres

You have a good point! But there's a lot more to this situation, it's not really... as black and white as I worded it. See, even if the gold not returned, the accounts that are locked will return all at once, resulting in the same situation. Perhaps worse if they DON'T remove the gold from those accounts and return it in its proper places, like the person who had a Halo bought from them at 10T.

Magical Bunny

Rassayana
Ah, but the gold in locked accounts never left the economy--it's still here, just not in circulation. (The mp graph (and the sudden dive we saw) is an indicator of activity, I believe.) As far as we know, she didn't buy any GGs, right? So that's all, for lack of a better word, old gold that probably wasn't going to leave the economy in the first place. If they gave the 10tril halo back and redistributed the gold to whomever it came from, it's still ten tril--the only thing that'll have changed is the distribution and ownership of it.
^^
Cresceres

You have a good point! But there's a lot more to this situation, it's not really... as black and white as I worded it. See, even if the gold not returned, the accounts that are locked will return all at once, resulting in the same situation. Perhaps worse if they DON'T remove the gold from those accounts and return it in its proper places, like the person who had a Halo bought from them at 10T.

That's the thing though! Since the gold is not in circulation at the moment, when it does return to the economy, it's going to return all at once. People are going to be buying items all at once. It won't be buying a few items here and there throughout a week, which makes for a healthy market. People are going to be taking advantage of the stagnation and "deflation." And people are going to be hoarding massive amounts of gold others aren't going to see, which they'll use to further dominate the market. It'll lead to hyperinflation.

Stubborn Gifter

Scobre

Oh that's good. Yeah it wouldn't be good just to reverse the effects from the kickstarter. Yes probably we will be the ones to have suffer from the financial loss. Thus the 25% sale on GC to try to recover the losses.

Truth be told, I find the 25% sale as a joke to be an apology. Because to me, it's just the same sale as the rest of the GC sale we saw, ranging from 3% to 25%. So what makes this different from the rest of the GC sales we saw.

Not to mention, it's a slap in the face for those who have their trading passes disabled. I may not be affected from what happened, but I find that as insulting. I would just accept the apology WITHOUT the sales or as some people who are self-titles, want free items. Not even a 1k gold as an apology.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre

Truth be told, I find the 25% sale as a joke to be an apology. Because to me, it's just the same sale as the rest of the GC sale we saw, ranging from 3% to 25%. So what makes this different from the rest of the GC sales we saw.

Not to mention, it's a slap in the face for those who have their trading passes disabled. I may not be affected from what happened, but I find that as insulting. I would just accept the apology WITHOUT the sales or as some people who are self-titles, want free items. Not even a 1k gold as an apology.

Not much of a difference. I guess Gaia is still hoping it will make Gaians take the sale. It's like the limited items I guess. People will fall for it being a once time or limited thing, buy up only to notice it will be done again in a matter of days or weeks. Or like when people think that GGs mean they'll get a set minimum amount back from buying them. You'd be surprised what people fall for.

Yeah so many people got their trading pass disabled and it is sad. I'm not sure if they can still get the sale or not since I've never purchased GC myself. The apology sale doesn't really matter to me since I never do any of the sales. I do agree just having an apology by itself would have been nice, but what was done was done. There are so many other things I rather have Gaia work on than just making sales.

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Is this why the site was down earlier, were they trying to fix a loophole?

Hate how CBers always worship these kinda ppl like they did summat generous or wonderful. It's not generosity when you're giving away someone else's s**t dramallama

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Cresceres
Scobre
Cresceres
Scobre
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre

We already got them.

I really hope so.

I don't think that actually means anything. I can't recall global kickstart rewards ever being released before a kickstart ended. I'm not going to believe those are global reward from the gold sink until there is conformation from the staff.

Magical Bunny

Csilla Silvana
Cresceres
Scobre
Cresceres
Scobre

We already got them.

I really hope so.

I don't think that actually means anything. I can't recall global kickstart rewards ever being released before a kickstart ended. I'm not going to believe those are global reward from the gold sink until there is conformation from the staff.

They've done so in the past for this particular Kickstarter. This was announced a few days after they arrived in there.

EDIT: Recent announcement proves they are indeed the kickstart rewards.

Magical Fairy

Scobre
Jisen Meizuki
Scobre

Wait. I can't claim to know how it was done, but I thought that was the point of the exploit -- there was no transaction, just a grant. This was hacking, not fraud, wasn't it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff