Welcome to Gaia! ::

First, YTV looses all it's GOOD TV Programs(Ex: Bump in the Night, Goosebumps, Beast Wars, Reboot, Medabots, etc.), and Starts playing Crappy/unlikeable ones(Ex: Almost Naked Animals, League of Super Evil, The Penguins of Madagascar, Cook'd, iCarley, The Next Star, etc.),

THEN

Fox Kids goes so much downhill that it goes off the Air,

AND NOW

I find out that Vortexx one of my Favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon blocks will come to an end on September 27, 2014, and it will be replaced during the following week with a live-action E/I block from Litton Entertainment named One Magnificent Morning.

AND EVEN WORSE: This will mark the end of traditional Saturday morning children's programming on broadcast television.

Anime News Network Announcement

Vortexx Wikipedia Article

While I do realize nothing can be done about stupid stuff like this,
WHY THE HELL DO CHILDREN'S CARTOONS HAVE TO TAKE SUCH A HUGE PLUNGE!!!!
burning_eyes evil crying

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
Kids are more interested in playing video games. They have cartoons just not alot of them. I watch the new Pokemon X&Y series on Cartoon Network and Hulk the Agents Of S.M.A.S.H. on Disney XD for an example.
This is tragic. I miss my WB Kids and Cartoon Network shows on a Saturday morning....
I haven't seen a Saturday morning cartoon since Fox aired Vision of Escaflowne.

BTW most of you aren't old enough to remember the real golden age of Saturday morning cartoons.

Hygienic Receiver

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Tragic, but I don't think they care anymore.
sad
azulmagia
I haven't seen a Saturday morning cartoon since Fox aired Vision of Escaflowne.

BTW most of you aren't old enough to remember the real golden age of Saturday morning cartoons.

True, But think about how big of an impact this will have on the Next Generation Children who are Born in 2015 and so on!
Plus, What if some of them are just starting School, and/or don't own any Video Gaming Systems?
Also, there may even be a few Families that Don't have Netfix or Hulu!

Then, Aside from those who have channels like: YTV, Teletoon, etc., there will be very few Kids TV Programs on Saturdays.

Plus, a lot of the "GOOD" TV Shows I watch air on Friday Mornings and Saturday Mornings(Usually around 8:00am ish)
So, this is a Big impact for both ME and the Next Generation of Kids out there.
KimberlyAriel07
This is tragic. I miss my WB Kids and Cartoon Network shows on a Saturday morning....

IKR! The Current Saturday Morning Cartoons I watch as of now are:
- Dragonball Z Kai (8:00am)
- Digimon Fusion (8:30am)
- Yu-Gi-Oh!(Classic) (9:00am)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (9:30am)

And on Friday Mornings I watch:
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (8:00am)
- Pokemon XY the Series (9:00am)

Unless I work, then I usually wind up missing these shows. cry

Plus, My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PROGRAM on Saturday Mornings since the Early to mid 90's was "FOX KIDS".
And now it's been gone for quite a few Years. So Vortexx was filling the Void for me since it was pretty much the only Channel that played Anime(Plus a few other Addicting TV Shows)

Now I feel like I'm going to one day Rot away playing Video Games, and/or watching online Anime just to fill this Void! crying
Notorious Sailor Uranus
Kids are more interested in playing video games. They have cartoons just not alot of them. I watch the new Pokemon X&Y series on Cartoon Network and Hulk the Agents Of S.M.A.S.H. on Disney XD for an example.

Pokemon XY the Series, for me, is one of those: "I-Watch-cause-there's-nothing-else-good-on" type TV Shows.(Same with Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal)

A few of the Shows I watched as a kid are:
- Digimon
- Medabots
- Mon Colle Knights
- Transformers Armada
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise
- Transformers Energon
- GooseBumps the Series
- Big Bad Beetle Borgs
- Beetle Borgs Metallix
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Power Rangers Zeo
- Power Rangers Turbo
- Power Rangers in Space
- Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation
- Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
- Power Rangers Time Force
- Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot
- DinoZaurs
and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

And all of these Shows were FOX KIDS TV Shows which aired on Saturday Mornings!

I hope I won't wind up filling this Void through Lazy options like Playing Video Games 24/7 and/or Watching online Anime 24/7.
cause, while I do enjoy these activities, I prefer to do these only once in a while, and still be able to do other non-Lazy Activities.(If you know what I mean)

Plus, I watched these shows mostly for escapism!
Angry Nine_Tails137
KimberlyAriel07

IKR! The Current Saturday Morning Cartoons I watch as of now are:
- Dragonball Z Kai (8:00am)
- Yu-Gi-Oh!(Classic) (9:00am)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (9:30am)

And on Friday Mornings I watch:
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal (8:00am)
- Pokemon XY the Series (9:00am)

Unless I work, then I usually wind up missing these shows. cry

Plus, My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PROGRAM on Saturday Mornings since the Early to mid 90's was "FOX KIDS".
And now it's been gone for quite a few Years. So Vortexx was filling the Void for me since it was pretty much the only Channel that played Anime(Plus a few other Addicting TV Shows)

Now I feel like I'm going to one day Rot away playing Video Games, and/or watching online Anime just to fill this Void! crying

lol I watched pretty much all those shows back in the day. The 90's were the golden age for cartoons. I used to love the X-men series on FOX kids. You can always stream old series on watchseries.eu
Angry Nine_Tails137
Plus, What if some of them are just starting School, and/or don't own any Video Gaming Systems?

First World problems.
Definitely bums me out. But if the market isn't there, the networks won't put out the content.

Besides, the traditional television format is on its way out. Everything is going the way of the Internet. CartoonHangover is a good example of a popular Internet "network" with highly viewed animated shows.

For those who have higher up cable channels The Hub is a nice place.

Aged Gawker

Actually it ended sooner than this. It ended after 1998. Almost literally, as of January 1999 there was basically nothing on saturday mornings, or at least nothing I was interested in.

Eternal Shade

11,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I think Saturday morning cartoons have been on their way out since at the very least 2005, mostly because of the internet and in the increase of channels that mainly show cartoons.

And with websites like Toonami Aftermath showing everything that was on Toonami and then some it's really decreased the demand for saturday morning cartoons.

If there's no demand, then there's no reason to have them. It sucks because saturday morning cartoons was often a time where my brother and I would stop trying to kill each other for a moment to enjoy something.
I would get up at 5 am on Saturdays to watch cartoons but wouldn't get up at 7 am to go to school. 1980s had the best Saturday line-ups.
whimsicalApothecary
I think Saturday morning cartoons have been on their way out since at the very least 2005, mostly because of the internet and in the increase of channels that mainly show cartoons.

And with websites like Toonami Aftermath showing everything that was on Toonami and then some it's really decreased the demand for saturday morning cartoons.

If there's no demand, then there's no reason to have them. It sucks because saturday morning cartoons was often a time where my brother and I would stop trying to kill each other for a moment to enjoy something.

Yeah! I'm Glad I was a 90's Kid. However, I Still pity those who born in the Early to mid 2000's or later. Cause they'll have missed out on GREAT Stuff like this:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff