Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Lover

18,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
It's so ridiculous it's funny.
I log on after only 2 days to see this junk.
I'm staring at the Marketplace like "Thank God I Just Don't Care Anymore..."
lol

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Knight of Britannia
Ron Dickles
Slick Southpaw
considering the name of the item, I'd just consider it more of a desperation move to sell more.

not really surprised at this point, it's always been a marketing tactic with abysmal payouts, just like trying to win the IRL lottery.

I mean, I hope the payouts are shitty
but???
Idk man, I'm just feeling a little irritated by it. I'm not blaming them entirely, my concern is that a bunch of people are going to fall for this and use their GC to buy the gens instead of getting cash shop items.

I also wonder about this because even as the gold gens have crappy payouts, the prices STILL go up even higher in the MP-- and for what? It's not like the GGs are handing out 1 trillion gold every play. There is an extreme amount of gold in the system right now, the gold gens really need to STOP. But I always think about this... I couldn't in good conscience price anything at 1 trillion. emotion_facepalm

I noticed that the prices are still going up too
Even with shitty payouts
What the heck is going on, I wonder?

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Ron Dickles
sterek
Wasn't it at 150 billion a few days ago? How does someone go from 150 billion to a trillion?
Let's hope the one user who wins the jackpot (let's be real, there won't be many winners) won't use it to hoard or AI--otherwise we're screwed.

I hope whoever wins it throws it right onto the GoFusion kickstarter

I hope it would go into newbie charities instead, at least it wouldn't be wasted that way :3
I feel like donating to the Gaia gold sinks is just supporting the cycle they created with the gold gens and gold sinks.
I thought they'd at least wait till Black Friday or Christmas before doing this, tbh.

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Persnicketease
You can taste the desperation. I'm thinking a couple people buy these newer gold gens, get shitty payouts and complain about it, deterring others from buying them. So Gaia keeps trying to tempt people by upping the payout, which almost no one will ever win. Instead they blow a lot of GC for next to nothing, when they could have bought an item and made much more gold selling it on the MP. Hell, they could buy and play RIGs considering the price of some of the even modest RIG drops these days. I hope users are getting wiser and we'll eventually see gold gens just die out because of it. Maybe then the marketplace will finally have some stability.

I keep waiting for this
It just seems to be taking a long time for it to happen sweatdrop

Time-traveling Senshi

sterek
Wasn't it at 150 billion a few days ago? How does someone go from 150 billion to a trillion?
Let's hope the one user who wins the jackpot (let's be real, there won't be many winners) won't use it to hoard or AI--otherwise we're screwed.

It was and then it jumped to hundreds of billions of gold. They stopped giving an amount and I thought it was because they stopped lying to us about actually getting the top amount in these things.

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
ThanatosRising
I thought they'd at least wait till Black Friday or Christmas before doing this, tbh.

there's a needlepoint pillow in the marketing team's office that reads "Why put off 'till tomorrow what you can do today?"

and on the other side is an image of weeping gaians
Everyone knows 1tril is the new billion.

IRL Fairy

12,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I have no words. Like, I don't understand. Please stop, it's not working. I just... ugh.

-lays down and quits.-

1 Trillion gold. It's not even worth anything.

Fashionable Fatcat

30,875 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ ♥
====================================== ♥ ~

At this point I don't even care anymore.
Gold is just a string of numbers that have absolutely no meaning to me.

~ ♥
====================================== ♥ ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Ron Dickles
Why do they think it's a good idea to do things we say we don't like?

our posts say we don't like it but our purchases say we do. obviously people are still buying gold gens or they wouldn't keep selling them.

Anxious Baby

33,775 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Magical Gems 500
I can't take it anymore.
I just want to be a cute sailor! gonk

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
DJ Twissta
Ron Dickles
sterek

I hope whoever wins it throws it right onto the GoFusion kickstarter

I hope it would go into newbie charities instead, at least it wouldn't be wasted that way :3
I feel like donating to the Gaia gold sinks is just supporting the cycle they created with the gold gens and gold sinks.

Well, people who even considered gold generators are desperate for gold themselves, that's why they caved and bought them in the first place, right?

I agree that gold sinks are to justify the sales of gold gens. Gold sink "events" are probably going to be a stable part of the site now.

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
diet otaku
Ron Dickles
Why do they think it's a good idea to do things we say we don't like?

our posts say we don't like it but our purchases say we do. obviously people are still buying gold gens or they wouldn't keep selling them.

this makes me wonder how many people are buying them despite knowing their impact and won't admit to it

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
Krissim Klaw
Everyone knows 1tril is the new billion.

Having a billion is so yesterday. emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces