Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Girl

Please stop comparing the two.

Social anxiety is being afraid of social situations and/or judgement from others.

Generalized anxiety is being afraid. Having to live in fear, having to fight to do simple or every day things that the average person would have no problem with because you're afraid.

I'm not saying that social anxiety isn't hard, but being extremely shy is a far cry from living in constant fear of everything. It's an understatement to true anxiety and I'm sure offensive to those that can't live without the heavy stress of being afraid and the chance of panic at every corner, so stop acting like they're all so similar.

kthanks /end rant

hella sad's Wife

Kawaii Girl

anxiety sucks regardless tho

Floppy Member

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
For ******** sake
I was trying to give you advice
I wasn't aware I'm supposed to know everything about you. Don't assume people should just automatically know something that you don't inform them of.

Jesus ******** Christ.

Diamond Strawberry

Cute Girl

WhisperInTheDark
thank you
yeah no problem bae, just tellin it real

Girl

where did ur pink hair gO

Fatcat

A Pariah seven ate nine

Cute Girl

ugly haircut
where did ur pink hair gO
it gone

except underneath, I have like a stubborn patch that won't come out cat_lol

Cute Girl

DeviIjho
For ******** sake
I wasn't aware I'm supposed to know everything about you. Don't assume people should just automatically know something that you don't inform them of.

Jesus ******** Christ.
Even so, you're not the first one to be like "Insert my advice here, trust me I have social anxiety" which is so far from relevant to me it's exasperating.
My other thread aside, this is an annoying subject that comes up a lot

Cute Girl

A Pariah seven ate nine
tru emotion_bandaid

Floppy Member

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
kimchi for the seoul
DeviIjho
For ******** sake

Jesus ******** Christ.
Even so, you're not the first one to be like "Insert my advice here, trust me I have social anxiety" which is so far from relevant to me it's exasperating.
Don't snap at people for something they don't know.
It's immature. It really is.
You literally have no right to get upset at a person who makes a vague generalization based on something that's more common, when you have not made any mention beforehand of it being something other than what the first generalization would be.

You can't.
At all.

It would be like me getting upset because someone generalized that my favourite colour is red, because red is a popular favourite colour; even though I had made no mention as to my preferred colour preferences.

Obsessive Lover

Well, I see where you're coming from, but sometimes general anxiety could be a lot less worser then social anxiety. Just because yours isn't as bad, doesn't mean it can't be bad.
But I'm not saying that social anxiety is worse, they're both terrible to live with.

Cute Girl

DeviIjho
kimchi for the seoul
DeviIjho
For ******** sake

Jesus ******** Christ.
Don't snap at people for something they don't know.
It's immature. It really is.
You literally have no right to get upset at a person who makes a vague generalization based on something that's more common, when you have not made any mention beforehand of it being something other than what the first generalization would be.

You can't.
At all.

It would be like me getting upset because someone generalized that my favourite colour is red, because red is a popular favourite colour; even though I had made no mention as to my preferred colour preferences.
Don't give someone advice when you don't know their situation. I said "panic attack" in my main post, so I did make a mention of what I had beforehand. Panic attacks don't generally happen to people with social anxiety, so I'm confused as to why you still gave me advice that was backed up with saying you have experience with social anxiety. I'm not afraid the doctor is gonna talk to me or judge me, I'm afraid of the doctor.
AND your advice was a very "cold turkey" approach. Many people can't just do what they're afraid of. Yes, they have to get to the root, but they usually have to take steps and your advice was useless to me because I felt that it was very disregarding.
Sorry you took me not liking your advice so rough. I'm over it though. emotion_bandaid

Cute Girl

Tommy-James
Well, I see where you're coming from, but sometimes general anxiety could be a lot less worse* than* social anxiety. Just because yours isn't as bad, doesn't mean it can't be bad.
But I'm not saying that social anxiety is worse, they're both terrible to live with.
I completely disagree, but thanks for the opinion

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces