Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Furry

Diosu
Guys, you can earn charms from Daily Chance. I actually bothered to read the announcement lol.

I literally only just now got the announcements, both the original one and the updated one where they've revealed that charms can sometimes be found in caches. I've updated my OP with this info.

Deus-ex Potato

55,475 Points
  • not released 500
  • God From a Machine 500
  • Smol Grump 500
I'd like to know the actual drop rates of these charms in Daily Chance and Caches before everyone goes wild about it.
Because we all knew that when they did the same thing for alchemy components, the drop rate was absolutely terrible and sad.

Mysterious Trickster

I won't be spending any irl money on this feature. I just don't like it. I'll wait for the charms to come from the daily chance, or where ever they will come from, in order to use them for the few items I do like.

Inquisitive Kitten

10,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hasuki Aatisuto
UGH.

They just HAD to monetize another feature of the site.

STOP DOING THAT, GAIA!!!

Ugh. I am done. Completely done.

Well if you're done with Gaia, then go start your own damn site and charge nothing. See how "easy" it is to run a social networking site without money. See just how "free" it is to make a big thing like this without the money to pay for it. Go ahead!

The moderators don't just pull the money out of their asses. They encourage you to pay because that keeps Gaia from going bankrupt and having to be sold to Tentacl. And in case you can't grasp the facts from this explaination, I'll make the message simpler:

WEBSITES COST MONEY. Do you get it now? If you don't, well then you're probably just like the other spoiled brats on here who think they're entitled to free stuff, and used to having everything handed to them for nothing.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

MCSuire
Hasuki Aatisuto
UGH.

STOP DOING THAT, GAIA!!!

Well if you're done with Gaia, then go start your own damn site and charge nothing. See how "easy" it is to run a social networking site without money. See just how "free" it is to make a big thing like this without the money to pay for it. Go ahead!

The moderators don't just pull the money out of their asses. They encourage you to pay because that keeps Gaia from going bankrupt and having to be sold to Tentacl. And in case you can't grasp the facts from this explaination, I'll make the message simpler:

WEBSITES COST MONEY. Do you get it now? If you don't, well then you're probably just like the other spoiled brats on here who think they're entitled to free stuff, and used to having everything handed to them for nothing.
Just a quick side note, moderators are just volunteers. We don't actually work at Gaia HQ, we only make sure the rules are being followed.

Inquisitive Kitten

10,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Shirlox
MCSuire
Hasuki Aatisuto
UGH.

STOP DOING THAT, GAIA!!!

Just a quick side note, moderators are just volunteers. We don't actually work at Gaia HQ, we only make sure the rules are being followed.

Yeah I meant to say Staff actually. I hate it when I can't find the proper word and have to use something improper. xD

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
MCSuire
They encourage you to pay because that keeps Gaia from going bankrupt and having to be sold to Tentacl.

Both Gaia Online & Tentacl are websites owned by the same company: Gaia Interactive. There wouldn't be any selling to the other... it's two different products with the same owner at the end of the day wink

Slumbering Tengu

Tall Dark and Snarky
I'd like to know the actual drop rates of these charms in Daily Chance and Caches before everyone goes wild about it.
Because we all knew that when they did the same thing for alchemy components, the drop rate was absolutely terrible and sad.

This is what I keep telling people
I know all you Gaia white knights are rushing with the "but they're in DC too" excuse
and now they've added them to blue giftboxes and philosopher's caches
which is great, I like that we're getting more non-cash options
but I don't think they're going to be that common no matter where they are
and so far it only seems as though the ones granted are hearts
I haven't heard of any other one being found yet

So far I've seen nothing via daily chance; and I'm currently opening 2k caches
so we'll see what kind of horrible chances they have
so far I'm 30 in and nothing so far but I'll tell what I got after I'm all done
at least until I'm done with my first batch of 1k

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
What the management of this site fails to understand is you need to make it fun to spend money on said site, also you need to make sure your users do not feels as they are being limited if the choose not to spend.

I bought one bundle and got enough to craft a single item I wanted (Bull King). I also dropped 5 bill into the gold sink (As gold has no value now) which i'm happy with.

But I'm annoyed that its near impossible to get them without spending cash and thanks to pre-generated inflation the Blue boxes (Which apparently drop charms not caches.... yet neither is fully confirmed) have gone up significant instantly preventing any regular users from taking that route. All we can hope is the hearts show up in the philosopher cache at least and that a means to craft them comes bia alchemy...

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
MCSuire
Hasuki Aatisuto
UGH.

STOP DOING THAT, GAIA!!!

There's a difference between having monetary options to keep the site up, and being completely annoying with it.

And they wouldn't have gotten this way if they knew how to make money in the first place.

Also, what do you mean "being sold to tentacl" they're owned by the same company. :/

Slumbering Tengu

King Blackwater
What the management of this site fails to understand is you need to make it fun to spend money on said site, also you need to make sure your users do not feels as they are being limited if the choose not to spend.

I bought one bundle and got enough to craft a single item I wanted (Bull King). I also dropped 5 bill into the gold sink (As gold has no value now) which i'm happy with.

But I'm annoyed that its near impossible to get them without spending cash and thanks to pre-generated inflation the Blue boxes (Which apparently drop charms not caches.... yet neither is fully confirmed) have gone up significant instantly preventing any regular users from taking that route. All we can hope is the hearts show up in the philosopher cache at least and that a means to craft them comes bia alchemy...

Unfortunately blue giftboxes were already outrageously expensive
since you need 10 of them to craft an enchanted Golden Trunk
golden trunks contain the angelic/nitemare furniture
that's needed in backwings

Gaia really chose a poor box to stick charms in
why didn't they choose the pink giftbox instead

Deus-ex Potato

55,475 Points
  • not released 500
  • God From a Machine 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Pengaana
Tall Dark and Snarky

This is what I keep telling people
I know all you Gaia white knights are rushing with the "but they're in DC too" excuse
and now they've added them to blue giftboxes and philosopher's caches
which is great, I like that we're getting more non-cash options
but I don't think they're going to be that common no matter where they are
and so far it only seems as though the ones granted are hearts
I haven't heard of any other one being found yet

So far I've seen nothing via daily chance; and I'm currently opening 2k caches
so we'll see what kind of horrible chances they have
so far I'm 30 in and nothing so far but I'll tell what I got after I'm all done
at least until I'm done with my first batch of 1k

That's pretty much what I think. Free option, but abysmal chances at earning charms.
Please do tell me your results though! I want to know if it's something I'd like to invest in since I ideally would like to go after one or two GOfusion things.

Loyal Exhibitionist

MCSuire
Hasuki Aatisuto
UGH.

STOP DOING THAT, GAIA!!!

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Don't jump into conclusions. That's unseemly of you.

Yes, I do understand that websites require money to be maintained and to pay the server costs, to name a couple. I'm just fed up with the direction Gaia is taking. I mean, they were just FINE before the new CEO stepped in and thus began the huge push for cash sales. Why do they suddenly NEED the money now? Did their server costs suddenly skyrocket?

It's just frustrating that they're not telling us WHY they have a sudden push for cash sales. It would likely alleviate all the negativity towards Gaia. But since they've been hush-hush about it, everyone is just basically left in the dark and wondering what the hell is going on.

They had a great idea with GOFusion, I have to admit, but they ruined it by making it GC only. Well, yes, I know you can get charms from daily chances, giftboxes and caches, but that doesn't make it right. Why did they have to monetize yet another feature of the website? May as well just make everything free (GC-wise, anyway) and slap a 20 monthly subscription on with the direction they're taking.

Slumbering Tengu

Tall Dark and Snarky
That's pretty much what I think. Free option, but abysmal chances at earning charms.
Please do tell me your results though! I want to know if it's something I'd like to invest in since I ideally would like to go after one or two GOfusion things.

Will do
I'm also taking note of how many platinum and gold caches I get
since those 2 are the rare ones; I can see how many charms I get in relation to those
At the current moment I suspect charms will be as rare as gold caches
100/1000 and so 4 charms, 3 platinum, and 2 gold

Deus-ex Potato

55,475 Points
  • not released 500
  • God From a Machine 500
  • Smol Grump 500
Pengaana
Tall Dark and Snarky

Will do
I'm also taking note of how many platinum and gold caches I get
since those 2 are the rare ones; I can see how many charms I get in relation to those
At the current moment I suspect charms will be as rare as gold caches
100/1000 and so 4 charms, 3 platinum, and 2 gold

The funny thing is that in a batch of 2000 caches, gold caches drop rather frequently.
And I suspect the charms will be even rarer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff