Welcome to Gaia! ::

xxx reading the words that you wrote
                        no doubt you're one of a kindxxxxxxxno doubt you're one of a kindxxxxxxxno doubt you're one of a kindxxxxxxxno doubt you're one of a kind
                        no doubt you're one of a kindxxxxxxxno doubt you're one of a kindxxxxxxxno doubt you're one of a kindxxxxxxxno doubt you're one of a kind
                    ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi became the toxic you inhaled...

This is a private roleplay between
winterling42, gingerprincessannie,
and my cosmic dragon self.
Do not post but feel free to browse.
Thorsday, Jan u ary o9th

Dearest 23,

Alright, look at that!
We’ve already got one thing in common—we both start with a number 2!
It must be fate, do you believe in fate? Or some version of fate?
I imagine you probably do…most people do. I don’t know if I do actually.
Hmm. I’ll think about that and wait for your answer in the morning.

So I’m ask a favor, k? Don’t write in super small print or blocky text?
‘Cause super long paragraphs make it hard for me to read.
Not that I’m dumb or anything cause this university is super,
what’s the word, well whatever. It’s high class.

Now onto the questions:

O1. Do you like breakfast foods?
And if you do (which is the right answer by the way)
what kind of breakfast foods do you like?
xxxxx I like waffles, pancakes, and bacon is very wonderful.

O2. Does flirting bother you? My roommate (she’s kind of a wonderful
b***h—I’m sure you’ll learn more as we go on with these letters and such)
demanded that I ask because I (supposedly) have a really bad habit of coming across as
"flirty".

xxxxx f.y.i. flirting doesn’t bother me. c:

O3. What’s your major? I’m probably not supposed to ask that but whatever.
It’s not like they’re reading our letters anyway, right?
xxxxx I’m still undeclared ahaha.

O4. What is your favorite thing to do?
xxxxx I really like to watch movies, cuddle, and go on random walks (read as ‘adventures’).

So yeah, it’s your turn to ask questions and stuff.
I’m really excited to hear back from you!!
Don’t keep me waiting.

Catch’ya later,

P.S. I know we're like, supposed to write a certain
max of words that I'm pretty sure I didn't hit
...uh, cut me some slack please?
Okay? okay.
You're a dream. c:
Thursday, January 9th

For 139,

Numbers seem so strange to me. It's all I can think of, in getting this to you. It seems like something out of 1984. But with the opposite purpose; to build a bond instead of destroying it.

I'm sorry, only two sentences in and I digress to literature. But other than that, I'm not sure what to say. Are these letters to be random, entirely the result of happenstance? I have a list of questions. I'm supposed to pick the three I would like you to answer, not the three I myself like the most.

But this is the first letter, and all I have is a number. So here are three questions that I would like someone to ask me.

1. What's your favorite book?
To pick a favorite from the incredible number would be impossible, but I do have a favorite author. I mean, it's quite the cliche, and perhaps boring, but… if so feel free to warn me of it. But I cannot help but adore Shakespeare, both for his poetry and his plays.

2. Have you ever been out of the country?
I haven't, no, but it is a wish of mine. Of course I tell myself it doesn't really matter where you are. But the atmosphere of places is quite a factor in whether or not one should live there, and I find myself drawn to places I have never been.

3. Last movie you saw?
This is a bit of a cheat since it has such a simple answer, but perhaps it will still say something about us? The last movie I saw was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Don't let this discourage you; I did not have control of the remote, and I wasn't about to give them the satisfaction of leaving the common room.

So I think that's it for the first letter? I'm not sure what else to say, or how else to say it.

Sincerely,

Thursday, January 9th

One Forty Five,

Realistically, our numbers are too close for us to be together so it seems a bit strange to me. The distance between two points and the line that is drawn to bring those points together is always based off of something. I wonder where the cut off point was for Group A and B? For we’re both odd, so it couldn’t be a matter of odds and evens. It isn’t a matter of going backwards and having the cutting point being somewhere between us And to believe that anything is left up to random is so…cliché.

But this isn’t really about numbers or about what the logic behind those numbers happens to be. It’s just as you said, to build a bond—and yet a bond through letters seems so intimate. Almost too personal for a college assignment, especially in an age where we are so consumed in media and not in one another.

My favorite book…I don’t have one. Not really. Though I admire the fact that you adore Shakespeare and hope that is, in fact, true and not a simple way to impress. I think you’re much too smart for that.

So my question in response is what is your favorite piece by Shakespeare, if you’d be so kind. Don’t feel like I’m trying to shame you into doing so, I’m honestly curious about what your answer is because I believe that those who bother to immerse themselves in Shakespeare tend to have a favorite piece that says quite a bit about them. You need not explain it, though if you were too, I would gladly read it.

I would argue that mine is The Tempest.

Have I been out of the country? Well, yes. I grew up in southern France but spent most of my summers desperately avoiding the Silver Strand in Ireland. Last summer my roommate and I went and explored Greece—he wanted to explore his background.

Now, you mentioned that you’ve wished of leaving, but where is it that you would like to go? (I’m treating this as my second question).

The last movie I saw was The Grand Budapest Hotel, it was interesting and if you like beautiful scenery and a poetic film style I would suggest it. Though I warn you, it’s a comedy, but Wes Anderson has a very wonderful vision that really deserves to be seen.

My third and final question has nothing to do with your third question, so I apologize for breaking the theme. I’d like to ask you about your pronouns, if I might be so bold. The last thing I would like to do is misgender you, even if only in my mind.

If you care, and I hope you would, I use female pronouns.

Sincèrement,
One Thirty Nine
Hi 287,

I hope the number 2 isn’t the only thing we have in common! I do believe in some version of fate. I think there are definitely some things in life that are supposed to happen, that you can’t escape.

Writing in small print or blocky text isn’t appealing to me either smile So I’ll avoid that. I’d appreciate the same, I don’t have the attention for that kind of thing at all.

Um, yes, I like breakfast foods. I really like scones, vanilla ones, but I agree that waffles, pancakes, and bacon are great. Do you only eat breakfast food in the morning? Or any time of day? I like breakfast any time of day really.

I’m sorry to hear about your roommate. Flirting has never bothered me before, so there's no problem there. Besides, I like to flirt.

I’m majoring in fashion, and minoring in I don’t know what yet. Maybe environmental science? I like nature, it’s cool. Even if you’re undeclared, you must be leaning toward something, even just a little. You should tell me what that is. If not, you know, what classes do you want to take before you graduate? (Or you could always answer both questions.)

Oh, those things sound amazing. Well, random walks sounds a little iffy, but the other things definitely. I like to go horseback riding, specifically trail riding, though I also know dressage. If you took me on an adventure, where would you take me?

Patiently waiting,

P.S. Was this an okay letter? I don’t write letters that often, well, I don’t write that often.
I’m sure I didn’t reach the word thing either, we’ll just keep that our secret.
Friday, January 10th
Darling 23,

I’m glad to see we’ve got a lot of things in common!!
That makes life so much easier and it makes me very happy. c:

Breakfast foods are the best foods and you sound like
you’d be wonderful to have breakfast with sometime—if it were allowed
I’d say we should do that thing.

I also like my breakfast at anytime or just all the time.

Don’t be sorry about my roommate!!
Not at all! She’s a dream, really. She’s one of the most amazing people
I’ve ever met she’s just super hard on me all the time.
We’ve been friends since middle school so like,
calling her a b***h wasn’t supposed to be at all degrading.

But I guess it was and I’m very sorry if I offended you and stuff.

Flirting is a go. I can’t wait. ;3

Fashion? I love fashion! I’d tell you what I like
but then you’d be able to find me because I’m gorgeous. Js.
Though I’m sure you’re probably gorgeous too.

I love, love, love nature. So much. C:
But I’m not really into science, it’s too complicated
and doesn’t make any sense to me. I like to go camping though!!

Wow, I guess you’re right. I must be leaning towards something, hmm.
But what? Aha. Welp I’m pretty good at pop culture references
and I take a lot of humanities courses cause they’re way more fun than anything else,
so probs that. uwu

But what would I do with aa humanities major you might ask?
That, I don’t know in the slightest!!

If I took you on an adventure? I’d take you anywhere you’d like~
So let me ask,

O1. Where would you like to go?
xxxxx I’d like to go back to Greece, or Italy.
Italian food is ******** awesome.

O2. Oops. Does cursing bother you?
xxxxx Cause I tend to curse a lot. A real lot.

O3. Are you a pretty lady/boy/neither/both?
My roommate things it’d be best I know so when I try to use terms of endearment
towards you I can be correct. uwu
xxxxx I’m not single gendered but I use male pronouns.

O4. Do you think we should keep up with these question things?
Or should we just talk about our days and stuff.
xxxxxQuestions are super cute but I think
xxxxxI’d like to know about your personal day to day experiences.
xxxxxSo maybe we could do both?????

As for your letter!! It was great. You’re great.

Stay beautiful,

P.S. Have a good weekend and party hard (if you party, which if you do, i'll look for you!!)
Friday, Jan 10

To 139,

To be entirely honest, I had not even considered the methods used to separate the groups, though it seems obvious there must have been a reasoning behind it. Whatever the methods, the results seem to be successful. If you would agree?

I must agree that writing physical letters must naturally be more of a window into another's mind than any electronic communication. For this letter I've set aside time I'd normally spend on my own in a computer lab.

My favorite Shakespeare work…this might answer two of your points, in fact. I will say The Twelfth Night. I find it frustrating when a person insists that a piece must be tragic to be worth reading; to me Twelfth Night says just as much to society and humanity as Macbeth or Henry V.

And as for comedy, I do not mind it in the least. Not ever moment can be deadly-serious, or nothing would get done. I will certainly look into The Grand Budapest Hotel.

As for a particular place I'd like to be, I have always been fond of Spain, especially cities like Malaga or Barcelona. There is so much color even in the buildings there, and I must admit while I enjoy the occasional snowfall, English winters are not for me.

Perhaps I should have answered your last question first. It it by far the most important, after all. But the words have been set to paper and nothing would sound as good in another draft.

To end my rambling, I use male pronouns. And to open with another question, might I ask why you avoided Ireland (or attempted evasion)? It has always struck me as a nice enough place, though I wouldn't want to stay there forever.

Yours,

Friday, January 10

Dear 287,

Having things in common makes everything easier I think, and in this case it’s definitely good.

Breakfast with you already seems like it’d be a wonderful idea. But what would we do up until breakfast I wonder?

Wow, so you’ve known each other for a long time then. How is it rooming together? I’ve heard that it’s not a good thing to room with someone you’ve known a long time. But you know, with things like that, you never can take advice too literally. Everyone’s different.

Oh so you’re gorgeous? I’d like proof please c;
I like to think I’m pretty, but mostly I like other people to think it.

I like some science, but things like human science bore me. Anatomy is just kind of eh.
Camping sounds okay, I’m not one for extended periods without access to running water to tell you the truth.

Oh, humanities? Sounds interesting, that’s a lot of literature isn’t it? I don’t really know, that’s just what I’ve always assumed. What else does that entail?

Wow, anywhere? I’d really like to visit Italy definitely. I really want to go to Milan. Also, you’re right, the food is awesome.

Cursing? No, not at all. They’re just words, and as long as they’re not directed at me in a negative way, it’s definitely fine.

I’m a lady. And you’re roommate seems like she thinks things through a lot. She sounds like a good friend.

I think definitely a combination of both. I like having direct questions to answer (and I’m sorry, I realized I didn’t send any in my last letter).

Q1. Do you have any tattoos or piercings? (If this is too personal or something, you don’t have to answer, I was just curious. Oh, but maybe I shouldn’t ask, I might be able to identify you in real life. Well, I’ll leave it up to you to answer or not I guess).

Q2. What’s your favorite color?

Q3. Do you like music?

Q4. Oh, do you play any instruments or sing or anything? (I’m sorry that’s related to the previous question kind of, but curiosity.)

Affectionately,

P.S. It depends on the weekend, sometimes I stay in bed.
Friday, January 10th

One Forty Five,

Not many people would consider numbers, I imagine, so there is no fault on your part. However, saying that it seems to be successful is rather bold—and normally I would take some sort of offense and perhaps I do. But I’m also intrigued on why you would think so and I admire your ability to say such an outlandish thing and perhaps, that little thing might be exactly what makes me think that the process was somewhat successful. Regardless on what exactly the process entailed.

Twelfth Night. I’ll keep that in mind. But I must ask, what if I were one of those people insisting that apiece must be tragic to be worth reading? How incredibly awkward this situation would have turned out to be.

Spain, ha. What an interesting choice. That’s all I’ll say.

Now to answer your one and only question, I wasn’t avoiding Ireland. I was avoiding the Silver Strand. Ireland is beyond beautiful—it’s a heart breaking country that has almost as much to offer as France. The Silver Strand however, is not something I would ever wish to be involved with. To further explain, it’s a beach in short and I absolutely cannot go into large bodies of water.

Now I guess, I should ask you questions to further our education on one another. Unless we are to talk simply about day-to-day events—though that won’t reveal much about us in my mind for we will only point out the obvious details of what happens to us. When really it’s the small, insignificant things that happen in those moments that really define us.

So I’ll ask you questions to see if I can perhaps capture small seemingly insignificant things, if you don’t mind. If you do mind, then simply state so and deliberately avoid my questions.

Religious affairs, any, none, unsure? I’m asking more so I don’t offend. I personally have no real opinion on the subject matter.

Is literature your major? I imagine such, considering your references.

Do you write? If so, perhaps one day we will be comfortable enough in one another's company to share such intimacies. If you don't, which I doubt is the case, I'll be only moderately disappointed.

I will wait patiently for Monday's letter. May your weekend be grand.

Sincèrement,
One Thirty Nine.
Monday, January 13th

Dearest 23,

Oh my, what would we do before breakfast?
Well, if it isn’t too forward (tho my roommate says it is)
I could think of quite a few things, but only if you were interested of course.
Otherwise we could just have breakfast and that would be wonderful still.

We’ve known each other since the dawn of time.
Rooming together is good; she’s a neat freak and makes me dinner.
So I mean….it’s a pretty sweet set up and I couldn’t ask for better.

I’m the definition of gorgeous darling.
And I’m sure that you’re very fine yourself.
I don’t know. We’ll just have to have a breakfast date to find out c;

We could camp in a cabin? Those of have water.
And we can have someone make us breakfast
(Unless you can cook, cause then we’d be set!)

Humanities is a bunch of different things.
Just random odds and ends bullshit.

Italy is super pretty. Beyond words pretty.
I’ve been there once and god was the food ******** awesome.

To question uno, Yes. I’ve got a few wonderful tattoos and piercings.
Tho most of my tattoos are probably too out there that they would most likely
give you an idea on what to look for cause…they’re very unique.

As for piercings I have a cartilage and three lobe piercings on each side.
I also have my belly button pierced and my left n****e.
What about you?

My favorite color is red. Yours?

I love music. Really love music and I play the guitar and base.
I also like to fiddle around sometimes haha.

Catchya on the flip side,

P.S. I missed you this weekend. You’re wonderful to talk to.
Monday, January 13

To 139,

I must beg you not to take offense at anything I say, I have been known to suffer a foot-in-mouth syndrome more than once, especially in recent times. Perhaps a clarification? For I only meant to say that this is but my third letter, and yet we have established a common ground, and neither of us have stormed away in frustration (which my roommate has, after he was the one to convince me of the project's interest).

To your choice of plays, I would find many arguments (as compelling as I can make them, for the subject is near to my heart) to support my own view, and I would hope for rebuttals as many and varied as my own supports. A good debate is part of the essence of understanding literature. And either way, I think both sides learn a great deal (if conducted correctly).

Right, onto the questions.

I'm not sure I believe in much of the spirituality of our world. Perhaps in other times, it had (or will have) an impact on me. But for now, I'm resting quite peaceably in an in-between sort of place, where I don't bother religion and religion doesn't bother me.

Well, perhaps I can learn to be a bit less obvious of my academic leanings in the future. Yes, English Literature is my major, and I must say I'm enjoying it quite a bit. May I inquire into your own studies?

Well, my writing is nothing to be particularly fond of, but it doesn't embarrass me too much. Perhaps it's because I've accepted that it won't ever be enough to keep me going on it's own. I think that most avid students of English have at least a day dream of being their own authors. And perhaps, if you would not be adverse to the idea, we could share small bits and pieces of what inspires us most. For me it is poetry, though I know it isn't so with all others.

And now I must ask questions of my own. I think I will ask three, and leave any continuous threads from above for you to pick up or drop, as you like.

Hobbies: what do you do for relaxation and fun? I read (a huge surprise, I know) and there are a couple of television shows I tune into regularly. As noted in the above Spain question, I have a quite amateur love of architecture and color.

What skill do you most wish you had? This has to be an interesting one, but I think I'm going to say the ability to throw something and have it hit the target you were aiming at. I cannot for the life of me muster anything resembling hand-eye coordination.

And for the last question, a simpler one: cats or dogs? I think I prefer cats myself, though it all depends upon the breed of dog involved.

Yours,

Monday, January 13th

One Forty Five,

Take offense? You haven’t said anything that really warrants my offense, not yet of course. If you were too offend me it would be quite clear, I would either send you a letter with no response or one with too much of a response that I’m sure neither of us would care to deal with. So you haven’t offended me and if you’d like, I will gladly let you know if you have.

My preferred plays are not in the slightest tragic, to be honest. I was only suggesting that it would be a tragedy in itself if we were met with such a divide in opinion so early on in our relationship. One of my favorite playwrights is in fact, Molière, was a master in the arts of comedy. He was noted to be beyond awful at anything that had to do with tragedy, which was all he wanted to partake in truly. It’s quite interesting; there is a very inaccurate portrayal of his history that doubles as an entertaining film if you’re ever interested. I’m not even sure if you like films so let me ask you, what are your thoughts on film as intellectual medium?

Well my academic interest may betray me, if I’m completely honest. I take roughly twenty-two credits a semester so I’m very busy as I am doubling in Pre Law as well as French. Psychology is what I’m minoring in and I find it very interesting myself. English Literature (or even American Literature) was my second choice for a minor, to be honest but our school doesn’t suggest you add a second minor until you finish one. So hopefully I’ll be able to pick one up very soon.

A fellow poet, that’s interesting. I write poetry, though I’m sure it doesn’t compare to a Literature Major’s poetry—just simple things that pretend to be complex. I find poetry to be one of my favorite things to read, especially on a sunny day where I can immerse myself with it while in the midst of flowers. I tend to read more fiction and other novels in the winter—it’s much more fun for me to spend snowy days stuck inside with a good book.

Do you have a favorite poet or piece of poetry that you’d be willing to share? Somewhere I have never traveled,gladly beyond by E.E. Cummings is one of my favorite pieces. Its submission to the power of a woman’s feministic qualities is quite refreshing to find in a man’s writing. It’s quite romantic though; please do not think less of me for enjoying such flowery works.

Hobbies, wow, I have a few too many. I play the viola and play lacrosse and tennis. Occasionally my roommate gets me to go out and play football, Americana or traditional. I, obviously, read a bit too much and I often like to keep up with the fashion world if I can. Again, please do not think less of me for enjoying such things.

What skill would I like to have most? I would like to be able to have spoken word conversations. I’m not very good at them and I would like to improve immensely.

Cats. I like the idea of dogs but they demand a bit too much attention for my taste—I would be exhausted if I had to take care of animal twenty for seven. But in all honesty, I prefer hedgehogs still.

Sincèrement,
One Thirty Nine.
Monday, January 13th

Dear 287,

Hmmm, I’m very curious about the quite a few things you mentioned. I’m sure it isn’t too forward (and I’m sorry if I was). Breakfast is always an excellent option though, even if we don’t do anything before.

That sounds like a brilliant set up. I only wish I had gotten as lucky. Although, as a neat freak, does she get mad when you leave stuff around? Or does she just clean up after you? I’ve always wondered how that dynamic works. Unless, of course, you also like to keep things clean? I didn’t mean to assume.

A breakfast date sounds delightful, where would we go?

Oh, a cabin would be wonderful. I can’t cook worth anything, so we could absolutely have someone make us breakfast. Cooking is far from one of my talents.

We should go to Italy sometime. It’d be an adventure.

Now I’m curious about the tattoos, they sound interesting. The piercings sound like they add to your overall gorgeousness, or the gorgeousness you keep telling me about so much.

I have no tattoos and the only piercings I have are two in each earlobe. So there’s nothing much to tell there.

Red is a nice color I suppose. I hate wearing it though, it clashes with my hair. Green is my favorite color and most of my wardrobe is comprised of it.

Fiddle around sometimes. That made me smile. You sound like a very musically inclined person. I would love to hear you play, if we were allowed to meet of course. I play the violin some, but I’m not very good. I didn’t keep up with it like I should have.

More questions?

How’re your classes going so far?
If you could have one superpower what would it be?
What’s your favorite phase of the moon? (Mine’s when it’s a very thin crescent and it looks like the sky is smiling.)

Sorry for the randomness of the questions!

Eagerly waiting,

P.S. I missed you too. Your letters are something I look forward to. Maybe we saw each other and didn’t even know it. Wouldn’t that be strange?
Tuesday, January 14th

Yo 23,

She doesn’t really get mad.
Not anymore anyway, she used to get mad but like,
we’ve lived together since her sophomore year of high school.
She’s kind of used to me being messy, and so she shrugs it off.

We could go anywhere for breakfast!
Or we could force my roommate to cook,
she was a chef or something in another life I swear.

So cabin breakfast date?
Is that what we’re deciding?
Cabin breakfast date in Italy?

I am gorgeous. I promise.
I wouldn’t lie about something I’m super proud of.

No tattoos and minimal piercings are great. C:

You have red hair? Welp, no I’ll be able to find you aha.
There are only like two gingers that go to our school.

Green is an okay color, I’m not a huge fan of it because of my hair.

I’m kind of musically inclined, but not really.
Not like some of those really talented kids that play in orchestras.
The violin is super cool, string instruments are just awesome in general.

My classes are going okay. Nothing super great
and I should probably change some things around.
But that’s a lot of work and I don’t know if I’m that committed aha.

Any super power? Super strength, duh.
Well, maybe I already have that so I guess I take that back.
I would do something really cool, like time travel or morph my appearance.
What about you?

My favorite moon phase is the full moon.
I was probably a werewolf in another life.
It’s also my favorite night to party.

So questions for you:

O1. Tell me a secret about high school?
xxxxxI used to steal books and do black out poetry.
xxxxxSexy black out poetry.

O2. What’s one of your biggest fears?
xxxxx I’m not afraid of anything.

O3. Do you believe in love at first sight?
xxxxxYes. I believe in love at first anything.

Talk to you later doll,

P.S. That would be super weird.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas