Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
<3

I was trying to make some avatars earlier out of sheer boredom. And I had the hardest time. You would think with over 4k items in my inventory it would be easy, yet, it was a pain in the a**. I felt so overwhelmed that I gave up.

The point i'm getting at is that we REALLY need a new inventory arranger BUT i'm starting to want a new dress-up interface as well. I didn't even know I owned some items that I had. Another half I completely forgot existed. Poses I didn't even know I had.

I was going to just use the Tektek dress-up feature to create and find things, however, tektek takes a bit longer to up-date since its hard to keep up with the s**t-ton of items gaia spews out every day.

I know one easy thing would be "SELL IT IF IT BOTHERS YOU."
But I don't want to sell it. I have the items I have because I want them? I just want it easier to FIND them and not completely forget about them.

So I ask you GCD, do you have this problem? How do you feel the dress-up interface has kept up with how many items we have? WHERE IS OUR INVENTORY ARRANGER?

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I really want the inventory arranger too!

I have around 1K items....I'm not sure because I'm frantically trying to sell off as much as I can. I'm really evaluating whether or not an item is valuable to my inventory.

Lonely Explorer

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lmao thats why u should keep it short I got 50 items and for me its easy to pick and choose

President Squad

33,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

`.I definitely get a bit lost as well - not because I have all that many items, but rather when the thumbnail is of a hat, when I mainly bought the item for its arms, etc.

A whole new inventory/dress-up interface would be grand.

I sort my inventory by the same sections that the dress-up area has, and I do a lot of equipping to seeing what's what - if I could arrange things right out of the dress-up area, that would save me a lot of tab-switching.

Fisher

I don't have anywhere near 4k wearables but I still sometimes have a difficult time remembering where I saw an item pose that I want to include. Unfortunately, unless Gaia goes through the trouble of standardizing all of their item tags on all existing items I don't see how even a revamped dress-up interface would improve this much. Still, since so many seem to be dependent on Tektek to design their avatar instead of creating within the Gaian interface it would seem that some improvements could be made.

Tiny Shapeshifter

That's me for the past who-knows-how-many/long years. rofl

I always tell myself to sell my duplicates (just so I can start liquidating items I don't use), but I always end up replacing them with something else. *shakes fist at deflation rigs*

And don't even get me started with Gaia's fail tagging system, and how the dress up page search engine is limited to whatever number (500, I think? ) for generic tags. I got way too many black/red items to have it all pull out. Argh. At least Tektek's make for a nice backup, somewhat, but I want to play with my latest shinies and mix it up with my oldest shinies. And this is without having to remember all 9k of them. dramallama

User Image It's hard for me to remember what pose comes with what item now, much less remembering the name of the item to do a search for it. Most times, I'll just blindly click around and see what works with what I'm making because I forget what I have.
        If they put out a new inventory arranger, I'd be thankful if it were like tektek and showed the poses instead of the regular ol' item. Much more convenient.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
months ago i was so frustrated by how many items i had, i threw them in storage and just kept out the things i wanted. I've been slowly trying to move the stuff in storage to mules b/c at this point i'm not even sure i'll wear some of those items again.

Froggy's Waifu

Stalker

23,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm really glad tektek seems to be updating again because I was pretty screwed without it. I have no clue what half the things in my inventory even are. @_@ I'd love it if at some point we got a similar system to tektek or a more robust keyword search system at the very least.

Shy Fatcat

The inventory struggle is real!

I have about 7k items D: (granted my doll collection accounts for about 2k of those items-but even so!)

12 pages is a lot of items to deal with- especially when there isn't an adequate inventory organiser.

I have spent hours sorting my items but still have about 3 pages of 'mess'- it not only looks awful but makes it awfully difficult to find anything, whether that be to equip, trade, sell whatever.

Like you I don't want to just 'sell'. Many of my items are for keepsies 5ever, I just want to be able to locate them easily and organise them under a better system.

The tektek site is a brilliant, brilliant tool and I am deeply thankful to them. Their data loss combined with gaia's unrelenting 'here's 5 new items a day' cannot be easy to work with! So i'm pleased they are slowly managing to update!

Random Nobody 13's Husbando

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I've got this same issue. I forget I've got items all the time. Partially because sometimes I impulse buy and then when I find it later I can't remember buying it.

I'd like to see the arranger updated and the dress up page as well. I'm not sure how. Though if we could mark items as favorites, both manually and any item used in an avatar in our closet. There could be a favorites tab for these items.
Being able to save more avatars in our closet would be nice too.

I do find the search function useful when items are tagged right and I can remember at least one word in the item name. I'd like to have pages in the search tab. So if I search 'pink' instead of it cutting off at 600 items it should go to the next page like all the other tabs do.
I definitely want a new arranger. I don't own many items right now but that's just because I couldn't stand the mess in my invo and needed the gold emotion_donotwant

I don't change very much (I just add instead) but I see the problem. It's hard to keep track whatt item has what poses, one thing to do would be to have different tabs for GS items and other ones.

GS items only have one pose and it's the one displayed. For all the other ones the only reasonable thing besides clicking on every single one to preview poses is to have the items split up - still not being able to equip more than one pose but every pose goes to appropriate tab, dresses/shirts/arm mods to tops, shorts/skirts/leg mods to bottoms. Though it probably would be a pain in the a** to do if it even is possible.

Friendly Bear

haha yes I have a hard time creating a new avi I like with my 2k items.
and I like collecting items so there's no way I'm selling anything.
so I stick with a rig pet I am pose when I dunno what to wear. xD

Beloved Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
<3

There is a lot they could do to improve the dress-up feature. I mean, us buying items is pretty much how this site works now-a-days. So if its all about the avatars and items, they really should just invest in some quality of life improvements.

Being able to arrange my inventory is one thing.
Not being able to dress my avatar because I get tired of looking though tabs and pages to find poses.......that's another story.

While I want both, I just want to be able to make avatars without getting annoyed. crying

Tricky Saint

Eh, as long as I have something to work with... cool
I always find forgotten treasures to sell for later, just need some diggin' in the waste.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff