Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
On July 1st, Gaia made the following announcement regarding changes to their GC sale frequency:

July 1st, 2014

Happy late night, Gaians! Just reminding you that you have just about an hour left before our Summer Sale 2k14 draws to a close! Also that we're offering Gaia Cash at 15% off until June 30th, 11:59 PM PST. This fabulous one time offer is the perfect way to put the final polish on our amazing summer sale! Please note that this will be the last GCash discount we'll be offering for a while, as we will be limiting this feature for special occasions only!

Then:

July 8th, 2014 - 5% Off GC Sale

July 9th, 2014 - 5% Off GC Reminder

July 10th, 2014 - 5% Off GC Reminder

July 10th, 2014 - 20% Off GC "Thank you" Sale

July 10th, 2014 - 20% Off GC Reminder

July 11th, 2014 - 20% Off GC Reminder

July 12th, 2014 - 20% Off GC Reminder

July 13th, 2014 - 20% Off GC Reminder

July 13th, 2014 - 20% Off GC Reminder - "Last Call"

July 14th, 2014 - 10% Off GC Sale

July 14th Announcement

Hello, everyone! Our amazing Thank You Sale on Gaia Cash is over, however due to a glitch on our end not all eligible Gaians were informed of the incredible discount. To be fair to these users we'll be offering users who previously purchased Gaia Cash 10% off until July 14th, 11:59 PM PST. This will be your last chance to pick up Gaia Cash at a discount for some time, so we hope you take advantage of this amazing deal!

*2 days later*

July 16th, 2014 - 10% Off GC Sale + Deluxe GoFusion Bundle

July 16th, 2014 - 10% Off GC Sale + Deluxe GoFusion Bundle Reminder

July 17th, 2014 - 10% Off GC Sale + Deluxe GoFusion Bundle Reminder

July 18th, 2014 - 10% Off GC Sale + Deluxe GoFusion Bundle Reminder

July 18th, 2014 - 10% Off GC + Choose Your Rewards Bundle
I'm not against GC sales since I don't buy GC, but just discount GC indefinitely or reduce the prices of items in the cash shop indefinitely. The average item on the first page of the cash shop as the posting this thread (excluding the Win Gaia + Bundle) is 710GC, a lot greater than it was a little over a year ago. I don't want to be notified that GC-sales are meant for special occasions, and then a week later get multiple announcements for them. You have no credibility Gaia.

Super Girl

12,775 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Eloquent Hunter

17,675 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
  • PvP 200
Bundlemas is a "special" occasion site based anyways

Sparkling Hero

i hate that they keep announcing...
          i haven't forgotten that the sale exists.
          it's like they're standing next to me with a megaphone shouting in my ear.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Cynical_tigress

I have a feeling they'll do something similar a couple of days after it's over though xd .

Eloquent Hunter

17,675 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
  • PvP 200
Zandykins
Cynical_tigress

I have a feeling they'll do something similar a couple of days after it's over though xd .
Yes but with there wording they will either have to change that, or possibly swing us another cash shop sale <3 biggrin ~.^

Friendly Gaian

13,825 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Jaden Kazega
They need an excuse to keep popping out announcements, don't they? Plus, whom do you think has a low attention span or poor memory and could actually get excited about a reminder every couple of hours? Children. It's the same tactics utilized by some mobile game developers when they design a game to suck your wallet dry.
It's rather insulting that they think we will fall for these sorts of obvious tactics. It's become so clear they have no respect for their users. They treat us like children or lab rats to be manipulated. Their lack of respect/consideration for our feelings comes through in everything they do.

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

I was just thinking about this... x_x

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
every day's a special occasion to make more money~

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

I said this in a similar thread yesterday. It's still relevant today.
Quote:
Here's the thing... All the other turn-arounds, back stabs, and broken promises, I get. I understand why one would be upset with them...

But being upset that they're not charging full price for Gaia Cash? I don't get that. I'm more upset that they aren't constantly running a discount of 30%+. Saying "you lied" when they put GC Sales on a 2 week hiatus just doesn't seem like a big thing to me. This is something that actually benefits those who buy GC, which is the only thing one can do anything with anymore. If I wasn't quitting, I might actually take advantage of it. If they hadn't discontinued the box of the Luxurias, I might still have bought some, because I just kinda want that item before I leave for good.

We all knew it was coming back. We all knew that they were really just ceasing the discounts during the monumental summer sale, so that they could ensure the most GC for their buck when items were bought with full priced GC. I feel more betrayed that they weren't discounting this stuff during the summer sale, TBH.

Aged Bunny

Wasn't June 25, 2014 the first time they announced we won't get a discount for a while? Yeah, it's..really annoying.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Disciple of Sakura
I said this in a similar thread yesterday. It's still relevant today.
Quote:
Here's the thing... All the other turn-arounds, back stabs, and broken promises, I get. I understand why one would be upset with them...

But being upset that they're not charging full price for Gaia Cash? I don't get that. I'm more upset that they aren't constantly running a discount of 30%+. Saying "you lied" when they put GC Sales on a 2 week hiatus just doesn't seem like a big thing to me. This is something that actually benefits those who buy GC, which is the only thing one can do anything with anymore. If I wasn't quitting, I might actually take advantage of it. If they hadn't discontinued the box of the Luxurias, I might still have bought some, because I just kinda want that item before I leave for good.

We all knew it was coming back. We all knew that they were really just ceasing the discounts during the monumental summer sale, so that they could ensure the most GC for their buck when items were bought with full priced GC. I feel more betrayed that they weren't discounting this stuff during the summer sale, TBH.

I kind of agree with this... Yeah I kind of snarked about the "thank you" part, but I'm not like OMG GAIA U LIED, because... does it matter? Idk. Maybe it makes them seem ~untrustworthy~, but I feel like there are more important things to be upset about, not them giving a sale.

Wheezing Elder

22,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Survivor 150
7 days is a while... right...?

Perfect Saint

Everyday is children's day so each day is special. xd

asylum lane
7 days is a while... right...?

For me it was too long. I spent so much on undiscounted cash in that time. The pain! crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff