Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Entrepreneur

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
So right now in the cash shop a lot of the items coming in are for females. (Princess of the Underworld,Mary McFly, Tedious Lady, Kikila, Petite Rose, Impression of a Deer, etc.)
On top of this the animal bundles from "Bundlemas" have contained primarily female items and this is not a newly occurring trend.
While I understand Gaia is eager for users to spend RLC and these trends indicate people using female avatars as a primary demographic is it to much to ask for a better attempt at equality?
It seems to be a huge imbalance that has persisted for far too long, if you want those with male avatars to part with hard earned cash you have to give a reason, so hey, why not?

Divine Muse

Supposedly, only a certain subculture of female fashion sells well to the exclusion of everything else.

So Gaia doesn't want to sell anything that doesn't sell well.

Even to find out if something COULD sell well that isn't a certain subculture of female fashion.
Not even all of female fashion.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Jayce Reinhardt

It makes sense that if something sells, to imitate and continue to sell but it seems that it wouldn't be too great a cost to them to broach these others water and perhaps stumble upon another cash cow.
I know there are quite a few styles for males I would happily pay for, as I'm sure many others would.

Divine Muse

An Angry Olm
Jayce Reinhardt

It makes sense that if something sells, to imitate and continue to sell but it seems that it wouldn't be too great a cost to them to broach these others water and perhaps stumble upon another cash cow.
I know there are quite a few styles for males I would happily pay for, as I'm sure many others would.

Stumbling across another cash cow would be refreshing instead of the latest recolour of what sold well in the past.

Fashionable Entrepreneur

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Jayce Reinhardt

Indeed, the speed with which the Nekola recolours was rather astounding, if they could put that amount of effort into testing new ground maybe they'd make more in the long term.

Lonely Phantom

11,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
Honestly, I'd be happy if we stop getting a million cutesy or angelic items. They've never really appealed to me and the market is saturated with them
For a while I didn't care because I knew I either:
a.) Couldn't afford any new cool masculine item they made anyway at this point
or b.) Even if I could I wouldn't want to support Gaia for the way they've been running their site of late.

I'm still not ready to spend my first penny on this site, but the recent Towns 2 announcement gave me a little hope. If they just earn our respect more (particularly with the economy and actual staff/user communication), I'll totally buy some masculine stuff like I've been starving for in this boring, soulless and repetitive sea of pastel, mint, pink, frill and oversexualized female pixels.

I'd happily be a target audience for them to try to make more male and masculine items. It should already be a no-brainer for the sake of variety and diversity, but hell if it's gotta be about money then you gotta work to earn my respect first >:{C~

Unstoppable Krampus

I love frilly, girly items and even I'm tired of the nonstop influx of them. It'd be great to see more masculine or even just unisex items.

User Image
Gaia should really make more unisex items, thats for sure!

Fashionable Entrepreneur

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
If only they'd take note of the tings people said in this particular forum, it'd nice to see the presence of some of the authority among discussions pertaining to the site.

Magnetic Phantom

I'm all for more gender equality.

And I think if I was using a male base, I would also be annoyed about things like King of Coins.
You'd think it would have mostly male or at least neutral poses, right? Wrong, apparently.
That's just the first example I could think of right now but there are more things of that kind.

(Btw your user name cracked me up.)

Fashionable Entrepreneur

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Anjoulie

In Silence I Judge was an item in one of the male bundlemas lots but pretty sure it has a thong and bra in the item set. There are a few male items that do that but not many female item doing the same. D<
Danke, most people just question what an olm is.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
While on a bigger scale (as in beyond just Gaia) a lot of media is pretty male-centric already, I do get annoyed that Gaia tends to put out stuff that's pretty extremely gendered.

As in, if it's a "masculine" item it's likely to be bulky fantasy armor or weapons.
And if it's feminine, it's likely to be really cutesy s**t or flowy ruffly god-knows-what.

Which isn't a problem for people who like that kind of thing, but a little variety for people who don't would be nice to see.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
It'd be nice to have more unisex items.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I'm so tired of the kind of recolours we've been getting. If I didn't buy Nekola or Bunilla, I probably don't want it in teal either, thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff