Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chose what best describes you.

Yes, I see my friends/users leaving 0.60365853658537 60.4% [ 198 ]
No, I don't see my friends/users leaving 0.39634146341463 39.6% [ 130 ]
Total Votes:[ 328 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Stellar Succubus

No, I won't leave gaia over zOMG. I was here before it came out. Simply put, I don't tend to go to forum sites for MMO's.
Let them quit.
Many will realize how stupid of a decision they're making and come right back.
The others?

Nothing of value was lost.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Scobre
Tsuki_Kirkland
Like others have said, I’m staying here till one of two things occurs

1). Gaia becomes Pay to Play
2.) Gaia shuts down

I dont understand why people joined just for ZOMG and are leaving, there’s more to this site than that one aspect . If they were only here for that, they missed out on many other good things.

Plus, I have no reason to believe Gaia lied, coding is difficult , i’ve had to code to make a website before and it wasn’t that easy. Code can get old and be exploited too, so what they said is possible. it seems like anything Gaia says gets twisted and beaten by the userbase who don’t want to trust them even if they try to do something good .. No wonder they don’t communicate with Gaians.

Actually two past staff for zOMG! have said they don't believe Gaia as well, so it is not just the user base. Like I said I had a friend that hacked into the server and wasn't able to do anything because of the security wall. Gaia has been planning on shutting down zOMG! before two years ago since I was friends with a developer who saved it, so it finally was done now. There is one thing I enjoy besides zOMG! and it is black jack and the Welcome to Gaia forum, but it is not enough to keep me around sadly. There is only so many pros of a site to keep a Gaian on it before the cons over power it. I do think each Gaian, it is up to them to leave the site or not. I don't judge you at all for staying. Each Gaian has their own reason why they enjoy the site. Just the things offered by Gaia now, I can do on Recolor.me that just release a new game and offers quite a lot of other perks for still being a new site. It's what happens with businesses. If a business fails to offer a desirable service to some of their user base, then they will seek a service else where. I know it may appear that people are leaving because of the game alone, but it is because we feel homeless and so many of our friends are quitting anyway, so we are leaving with them to other sites and games and even using Skype to keep in contact. Not all of us like just dressing up our avatars or posting in forums. We liked zOMG! for the chat features and it was unique we could use our avatar in a flash space MMO. Towns 2 just lacks the path finding and chat system that zOMG! had. It used to have a voice chat system that was fun too. Anyway hang in there and continue to enjoy your adventure. smile

Aww thank you , that’s nice of you to say. Really? That’s interesting that former staff said that. good luck to you

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
Scobre
Tsuki_Kirkland
Like others have said, I’m staying here till one of two things occurs

1). Gaia becomes Pay to Play
2.) Gaia shuts down

I dont understand why people joined just for ZOMG and are leaving, there’s more to this site than that one aspect . If they were only here for that, they missed out on many other good things.

Plus, I have no reason to believe Gaia lied, coding is difficult , i’ve had to code to make a website before and it wasn’t that easy. Code can get old and be exploited too, so what they said is possible. it seems like anything Gaia says gets twisted and beaten by the userbase who don’t want to trust them even if they try to do something good .. No wonder they don’t communicate with Gaians.

Actually two past staff for zOMG! have said they don't believe Gaia as well, so it is not just the user base. Like I said I had a friend that hacked into the server and wasn't able to do anything because of the security wall. Gaia has been planning on shutting down zOMG! before two years ago since I was friends with a developer who saved it, so it finally was done now. There is one thing I enjoy besides zOMG! and it is black jack and the Welcome to Gaia forum, but it is not enough to keep me around sadly. There is only so many pros of a site to keep a Gaian on it before the cons over power it. I do think each Gaian, it is up to them to leave the site or not. I don't judge you at all for staying. Each Gaian has their own reason why they enjoy the site. Just the things offered by Gaia now, I can do on Recolor.me that just release a new game and offers quite a lot of other perks for still being a new site. It's what happens with businesses. If a business fails to offer a desirable service to some of their user base, then they will seek a service else where. I know it may appear that people are leaving because of the game alone, but it is because we feel homeless and so many of our friends are quitting anyway, so we are leaving with them to other sites and games and even using Skype to keep in contact. Not all of us like just dressing up our avatars or posting in forums. We liked zOMG! for the chat features and it was unique we could use our avatar in a flash space MMO. Towns 2 just lacks the path finding and chat system that zOMG! had. It used to have a voice chat system that was fun too. Anyway hang in there and continue to enjoy your adventure. smile

Aww thank you , that’s nice of you to say. Really? That’s interesting that former staff said that. good luck to you

Your welcome and yeah I think every Gaian is important to the site, I'm just sad that I've decided to no longer feel apart of it. I feel homeless and I know Gaia won't make a replacement game seeing how many features have been abandoned in the past few years. Just kind of ironic I'm leaving Gaia for a site a Gaian made, so at least I'll feel at home with 80% of the user base being Gaians there. But yeah what one of the ex-staff member said I think sums up pretty much how the z!F community feels about the game closing: Really Gaia Really? He is one of the nicest Gaians I've ever met and been a great friend and just made me laugh that he actually cussed. lol I'm pretty sure me going into surgery soon will ensure I won't sign back on anyways. Nice meeting you and sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to much either. I really loved being apart of this community. I guess I'll return to the Sims community I came from as well. So funny someone else that worked on zOMG! used to work on Sims 2 too. That game is what got me to join Gaiaonline. I was so frustrated that I couldn't kill the gnomes and flamingos in Sims 2, so my brother showed me zOMG! and I got hooked. There were just so many similarities between the two games that I haven't been able to find on the rest of the site. I always wanted housing to at least have the customization that Sims 1 had, but it never did. Oh well. Other games to try and communities to explore now.
I came back to gaia about a month ago after a very long absence (like 4 years), and I have to say that I was shocked at how everything on this site is trying to get you to pay money. I miss the days of donation letters being the only way Gaia "asked" for money, and it wasn't really asking. They just gave a gift of appreciation for donating to help out.

I feel like a lot of the community is dead or too spread out, and it's very tough to try to get back into things when most of the people you talked to aren't here anymore. I mostly just buy things, vend old items, and bump peoples threads when I'm on.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
>less than 10% of users used zomg
>most of them probably arent leaving
Mass exodus is right

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
If anyone leaving Gaia wants to leave their varying riches to a good cause, the D-Party does throw a ton of fun give-a-ways during events and we would see your stuff got to new homes.

For the topic at hand, I never really saw zOMG as the main point of Gaia. It's more of a niche. A very poorly coded, laggy, slow loading niche.

And that's cool.

It expanded teh Gaia universe and was really neat.

but I understand why Gaia can't keep it running.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I've been on this site for 10 years, and even though Gaia is trying as hard as possible to get rid of everything I've ever loved about this place, I'm probably not going to leave for good unless the site shuts down or becomes pay-to-play.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff