Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chose what best describes you.

Yes, I see my friends/users leaving 0.60365853658537 60.4% [ 198 ]
No, I don't see my friends/users leaving 0.39634146341463 39.6% [ 130 ]
Total Votes:[ 328 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Noob

i kinda "left" after the major staff layoffs but still check in occasionally to see if it's all over yet.
things get sadder with each visit but i was really glad this time to see tentacl's not gonna be a thing anymore. now that zomg's 100% gone & cash spending is the site's primary focus i can't see gaia lasting too much longer either.
here's to hoping all the good staff left find new and exciting opportunities to move on & the ones who suck find work in different fields they're more suited to. yum_coldone

Devoted Heckler

No.

All I see are attention-whores and deluded idiots who believe their ragequit will affect any sort of change. Everyone I know who actually quit did so quietly and resolutely without any element of bargaining or ultimatum.
Tenacl and zOMG were not as popular as the screamers would try to have you believe. Yes, zOMG had quite a few ardent fans but most of the recent wave of quitters barely touched it in years. These people are quitting because they think the end is nigh which is one of the most illogical things I have come across. The "sinking ship" is just a metaphor - no one will drown if they don't bail quickly enough.
If you wanted to quit then the time to do it was the initial flogging of the family silver; the emergence of gold gens; or the 133Tgate scandal. Then, you might have been able to say it was a principled stand and not knee-jerk hysterics.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
My last day on Gaia is tomorrow. I'm going to post in the ATS and be gone. I find it fitting since zOMG! was why I joined the site, that I leave the site as well. I've already been harassed by someone before for quitting saying that they don't believe that I will quit and whatever. Honestly people are generally too noisy what we do with our accounts anyways. My friends already know that I'm leaving and honestly that is all that matters. I've left my contact info to them. I'm leaving for recolor.me and Aura Kingdom because the excuse of zOMG! is a bag of lies since I know someone who actually did hack into the zOMG! servers and wasn't able to do anything. If anyone actually read any of the past dev's posts about it, they had a security wall to prevent that from happening. Honestly I'm more worried about the security of much older features on this site than zOMG! since it was newer. I already had four attempts of people trying to hack into my account since I mentioned quitting. I've always had a feeling Gaia has always hated zOMG! I guess they actually did with the mountain of lies given to our little community. Funny it wasn't until the GGs came about that the rest of the community began to see the broken promises. Good luck and yes I agree alchemy and guilds will be next. I wouldn't be shocked if cash shop will be the only feature left of the site. I'm not mad at Gaia, but extremely disappointed. I joined Gaia after Qixter left and expected the game not to last when I joined. I don't regret joining because I had many fun experiences and met many great friends. The closure of zOMG! has been planned for years I bet since I know Gaia was trying to get rid of it two years ago. Thank you s2b2 and JK for letting the game last a little longer. I am proud of the zOMG! team and the Moga dev who did as much as they could for the game. Thank you to all the zOMG! community for being so talented, funny, and kind with my adventure through zOMG! I will never forget the fun and experiences with all of you. It's time I move on to a competitor site that doesn't have as many security holes, slow customer service, and actually give new content that last longer than a year. zOMG! helped save my life and get me through painful days with my chronic conditions.

Devoted Sweetheart

13,975 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Claude Faustus
But what I'd like to hear are comments if anyone else has concerns that Gaia's new tactics of trying to recruit new users is a sign that people are leaving?
Quite honestly Claude, I am over the BS that Gaia is shoveling at us... I have been a long time player of zomg, along with many of my friends... Many of them have been part of the mass exodus PRIOR to the zomg shutdown...I feel I soon will lose the majority of what's left of my friends, & I maybe among those leaving Gaia for good.

I'm over Gaia...I refuse to purchase any more Gaia cash to support a site that doesn't give a flip about this community.

I'm over Gaia using the community to further 'it's' agenda, rather than make this a community driven site where people WANT to spend real money to play with friends, & give friends bonuses & such.

I'm over Gaia taking away ALL the beloved (though sometimes flawed) aspects of Gaia (zomg being the latest victim), that us longtime supporters of Gaia have come to know & love...

I'm over Gaia... There are many new online gaming, avatar, community sites opening up daily, if not weekly...and I think I'll be joining my friends in going elsewhere...

Lastly...I'm over Gaia's BS...enough of the lies, enough of the manipulation, enough of the 'staff disguised as regular players', enough staff mules manipulating...ENOUGH of the BS Gaia...

Devoted Sweetheart

13,975 Points
  • Love Machine 150
Scobre
I'm leaving for recolor.me and Aura Kingdom because the excuse of zOMG! is a bag of lies since I know someone who actually did hack into the zOMG! servers and wasn't able to do anything. .... (continued) zOMG! helped save my life and get me through painful days with my chronic conditions.
My heart is broken that wonderful people like you are leaving this site...I am joining you shortly - elsewhere - because this is all a load of crap...
I too joined to play zOMG! and I too played it constantly, as I too have chronic health conditions...

I feel that Gaia will soon be gone - the way of Tinier Me & other sites that forgot WHO keeps them online & employed...I'm DONE...sooooo done with their BS...

I hope to find you in recolor.me & Aura Kingdom, & wherever else I go to spend my real money at other sites that actually CARE about their users & the community.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
Slick Southpaw
until this site becomes actual pay to play to access my account or goes utterly poof forever, I will stay

too lazy to try and carve a niche elsewhere, not to mention growing up on this site makes it hard to thing of leaving forever.

My stance too...

And I have tried other avatar sites, I just can't get into them like I have Gaia.
Guess I'll stick around until the ship sinks.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Momma Mei Mei
Scobre
I'm leaving for recolor.me and Aura Kingdom because the excuse of zOMG! is a bag of lies since I know someone who actually did hack into the zOMG! servers and wasn't able to do anything. .... (continued) zOMG! helped save my life and get me through painful days with my chronic conditions.
My heart is broken that wonderful people like you are leaving this site...I am joining you shortly - elsewhere - because this is all a load of crap...
I too joined to play zOMG! and I too played it constantly, as I too have chronic health conditions...

I feel that Gaia will soon be gone - the way of Tinier Me & other sites that forgot WHO keeps them online & employed...I'm DONE...sooooo done with their BS...

I hope to find you in recolor.me & Aura Kingdom, & wherever else I go to spend my real money at other sites that actually CARE about their users & the community.

Yeah I've been a regular player and one of those that would play it hours per day every day. Aww thank you. heart That means a lot. I hope you find a new adventure too yourself. Aww I wish i could have crewed with you and gotten to know you. If you are ever on recolor.me, feel free to add me under same name. I'm on the hydra server with AK. I hope you hang in there and sucks you have to deal with health problems too. Yeah I don't know what Gaia is thinking anymore, but I don't blame Zero who has no control over the situation. I doubt Gaia will care that I had four accounts I used to spend GC since it probably only amounted to $120 per year worth of GC offer cash. xd Not enough when there are so many more Gaians spending more than that per month now. I think I'm more worried about the rest of the community and the security issues of with their features since the coding is much older. I have a bad feeling because of that cash shop will be one of the few things left of the site.

Devoted Sweetheart

13,975 Points
  • Love Machine 150
Fanny Flaps
No.

All I see are attention-whores and deluded idiots who believe their ragequit will affect any sort of change. Everyone I know who actually quit did so quietly and resolutely without any element of bargaining or ultimatum.
Tenacl and zOMG were not as popular as the screamers would try to have you believe. Yes, zOMG had quite a few ardent fans but most of the recent wave of quitters barely touched it in years. These people are quitting because they think the end is nigh which is one of the most illogical things I have come across. The "sinking ship" is just a metaphor - no one will drown if they don't bail quickly enough.
If you wanted to quit then the time to do it was the initial flogging of the family silver; the emergence of gold gens; or the 133Tgate scandal. Then, you might have been able to say it was a principled stand and not knee-jerk hysterics.

Sorry, but everyone's got an opinion & the freedom to express it here on Gaia, just as you do.
You just keep drinking Gaia's 'coolade', & vomitting up their latest diatribe, & enjoy the slow decline of what was ONCE an awesome community...

FYI - Some of us (like your friend) are going to go out quietly into the night, while others will rage quit, & still others will get the nasty taste of Gaia out of their mouths, by screaming, quitting, & whatever else you think is illogical to do, but it MAY make them feel a bit better as they leave...

I wish you all the best, if you end up staying on this "sinking ship"...
I wish the rest of us not buying the complete BS that Gaia is selling, BON VOYAGE! wink biggrin
Let's go where we're respected as customers & appreciated!

Wintry Dragon

I never actually played zOMG, but I'm here because I can play angel whenever I want. As long as I can still do that, then I'm staying. xd

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Like others have said, I’m staying here till one of two things occurs

1). Gaia becomes Pay to Play
2.) Gaia shuts down

I dont understand why people joined just for ZOMG and are leaving, there’s more to this site than that one aspect . If they were only here for that, they missed out on many other good things.

Plus, I have no reason to believe Gaia lied, coding is difficult , i’ve had to code to make a website before and it wasn’t that easy. Code can get old and be exploited too, so what they said is possible. it seems like anything Gaia says gets twisted and beaten by the userbase who don’t want to trust them even if they try to do something good .. No wonder they don’t communicate with Gaians.

Loyal Kitten

Most people I've seen say "I'm quitting!" usually either don't actually quit or come back soon after and say, "I stay for the drama and to see how this ends". I'll quit if I have to pay to use the forums or the forums cease being interesting enough.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
Like others have said, I’m staying here till one of two things occurs

1). Gaia becomes Pay to Play
2.) Gaia shuts down

I dont understand why people joined just for ZOMG and are leaving, there’s more to this site than that one aspect . If they were only here for that, they missed out on many other good things.

Plus, I have no reason to believe Gaia lied, coding is difficult , i’ve had to code to make a website before and it wasn’t that easy. Code can get old and be exploited too, so what they said is possible. it seems like anything Gaia says gets twisted and beaten by the userbase who don’t want to trust them even if they try to do something good .. No wonder they don’t communicate with Gaians.

Actually two past staff for zOMG! have said they don't believe Gaia as well, so it is not just the user base. Like I said I had a friend that hacked into the server and wasn't able to do anything because of the security wall. Gaia has been planning on shutting down zOMG! before two years ago since I was friends with a developer who saved it, so it finally was done now. There is one thing I enjoy besides zOMG! and it is black jack and the Welcome to Gaia forum, but it is not enough to keep me around sadly. There is only so many pros of a site to keep a Gaian on it before the cons over power it. I do think each Gaian, it is up to them to leave the site or not. I don't judge you at all for staying. Each Gaian has their own reason why they enjoy the site. Just the things offered by Gaia now, I can do on Recolor.me that just release a new game and offers quite a lot of other perks for still being a new site. It's what happens with businesses. If a business fails to offer a desirable service to some of their user base, then they will seek a service else where. I know it may appear that people are leaving because of the game alone, but it is because we feel homeless and so many of our friends are quitting anyway, so we are leaving with them to other sites and games and even using Skype to keep in contact. Not all of us like just dressing up our avatars or posting in forums. We liked zOMG! for the chat features and it was unique we could use our avatar in a flash space MMO. Towns 2 just lacks the path finding and chat system that zOMG! had. It used to have a voice chat system that was fun too. Anyway hang in there and continue to enjoy your adventure. smile

Perfect Saint

Slick Southpaw
until this site becomes actual pay to play to access my account or goes utterly poof forever, I will stay

too lazy to try and carve a niche elsewhere, not to mention growing up on this site makes it hard to thing of leaving forever.
Ditto for me. I've left a few accounts in dead forums over the years. My latest one is the one in Tentacl.com. I'm still logging on until the time I can no longer do so.

Mythical Wife

16,565 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Divorced 100
Torse
I can't just "leave" Gaia.

Unless someone deletes my entire account.

I worked hard for my s**t, god damnit!

But until things get better I am refusing to donate, unblock ads, or to go to sponsor links/profiles.
talk2hand

As little a difference as that makes, I'm not going to say I never tried.

This.
This is how I want to see some of the userbase at this time. I've had grown tired enough of zOMG. Sure! I played it. It had it's quirks but it wasn't for me. Things come and go, if Towns 1 goes well it was good while we had it. I'm not going to just suddenly up and leave a site I love to death. I've worked hard for the items I have and I love the friends I meet still. This is the only site I enjoy for the fact is, there's still a reason to log on. Hey Manga Updates? Sure thing. Evolving Items? Yes please! Forums? Definitely. I even love seeing the lovely shop updates by the routine users who do it (and then some, you know who you are and thank you for item lists.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff