Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nipdaneko's King

Adorable Lunatic

i'm abit hesitatant to just buy the game because i've played so many mmos over the years that just end up failing to meet thier hype (swtor for example, was cool for bit but really dropped on it's hype...) so i thought that i would come here, see if anybody plays it or has tried it and get your opinions on the game before either buying it or just skipping it

Golden Gawker

6,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Just another hotkey MMO. It honestly just makes me want to play WoW. I haven't even heard a lot from it ever since it was officially released.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Actually I would class it less of a hotkey mmo, since it focus on movement and placement in battle and actually aiming the skills.

I played it for the first month and when my sub ran out for it... I didn't bother to try and refresh the sub. The questing is dreadfully boring, by the numbers ! type of questing with only some quests using a sort of radio system so you don't have to run back to the quest giver. But you still get loads of quests that require the run back and turn in.

I didn't find the fighting system all that well done, while it's all about the 'hardness' of the battles since there's a lot of reflex based stuff and you can get smashed into the ground pretty hard. My biggest issue with the fighting system is that they give you a dodge, but the dodge really isn't a dodge at all, there's no invincibility frames that make it at all useful. And you will get hit, the skills move fast, and when they appear on the ground there is so rarely any time to get out of the way even with the dodge that you would still get hit by the first wave of a skill.

While the world is bright and colorful I didn't really see anything special about it. Reminded me of new 3d Disney movies (heavily Frozen reminders when in the snow zones, while in a foresty place I couldn't think of anything else but Tangled) or Dreamworks.

I think the biggest thing that annoyed me about the game was the characters. The ladies are so overly sexulaized it's rediculous, and I don't get bothered by that sort of stuff but damn. The movements are floaty and when they run around the ladies feel like they're skipping along on their toes while the guys actually move with what looks to be momentum. It doesn't help that the races all look the same aside from 2.

The races have the same sort of physical structures to them, all human looking with just different heights. If I was to just show their silhouettes you would only be able to point out the two actually physically different characters. Even then the female version of one of those races is just the same as all the other ladies with a tail and horns. It's grossly lazy design, which is annoying because you see loads of weird aliens with interesting body types and they couldn't even be bothered to have the races be different enough that you play.

At last, the only thing that I really enjoyed in the game was the housing. I played that game for as long as I did (the whole free month) because of the housing. Finding items and the level of customization you can do is Sims level, except with the ability to mesh items into other items and make something entirely new. There was practically no boundaries what you could do with the housing, and it was the most interesting thing in the game for me.

All in all? If you want an MMO that doesn't really do anything new with itself, old questing systems, action based combat that has a lot of annoying wiggles, visually nothing we haven't already seen before, voice acting that just spouts one liners, lots of reading if you want the story, raids being the only thing to shoot for, etc. Then Wildstar is for you. But I personally just thought the housing was the best thing and hated playing the actual game part of it. Certainly the questing. Oh man is the questing boring as sin.

If they released a version of the game with just the ability to play with the housing I would be all over that.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
gameplay looks decent, overall doesnt really have anything to grab the users besides the whole b'lands vibe and 'vault hunter' setting.

its pretty generic imo.(and I claim it as it does cost money, so you have to compare it to other mmos which cost money).

I mean It's not my type but I aint saying its bad.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff