Less than 1 year. 0.004 0.4% [ 1 ]
1 - 2 years. 0.012 1.2% [ 3 ]
2 - 5 years. 0.064 6.4% [ 16 ]
5 - 8 years. 0.296 29.6% [ 74 ]
8 - 10 years. 0.316 31.6% [ 79 ]
10+ years. (Comment!) 0.308 30.8% [ 77 ]
Total Votes:[ 250 ]
1 2 3 4 >

No fancy texts this time; just plain ol' typing.

So let me get right to the point here...

I registered for Gaia, with this character, when I was 13 years old. Now, at 23, I realize "Wow, that's a long time to be on this 'game'"

Then I started to wonder if I've earned anything by being such a faithful member. Not that it matters much -I tend to give away my items and gold anyways - but I think it'd be nice to get some sort of prize that says, "Hey, Mister Man, you've been here for ever."

Anywho, that's my two cents. Any thoughts?
So far we old-timers are winning. surprised Not such a surprise, though, to be honest; this site definitely has a solid fan following.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I've been here since 2003 as well, but I don't really expect anything for it. I mean sure it would be nice, but all it would be is an ego boost and bragging rights.

Spirited Nymph

'03 member here. Edit// Eleven years coming up this November.

I feel like an old fuddy duddy when I try to venture back into Barton Town. Or the Exchange. Things are so different, fast-paced. The atmosphere is changed mostly. I think its cause I joined young like you and I've turned twenty-five this year and there are so many younger kids now.

But otherwise I dont feel like Im any more faithful than most.

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

My title alone is really all I need; I've been here since June of 2003 (with my original account, that is)

Werewolf

Been here since August '03, but started being active on the forums this year. I'd like to think that my reward is the fact that I'm still entertained by the site, the daily updates and the active userbase. Despite everyone's complaints (and mine too, occasionally) I'm happy the site is still alive and well. If the support of old users helped in any way, it's my reward.
A well rounded group of responses~

Aye, bragging rights would be about all a reward would gain anyone - not that I would run around bragging about it all too much. Things have definitely changed on the site over the years, and it's been an interesting journey watching the community grow and transform over the years.

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
I joined in March '09, so that's a little over 5 years. Half a decade for me on this website! : o

Sexy Glitch

Joined Gaia when I was 17. I'm now 27. My 10 year anniversary is on August 17th. :3 Pondering whether to do a big giveaway thread (or similar) or just let it pass by quietly.

That's over a third of my life I've spent here. No wonder I've made so many amazing friends. One of those is one of my best friends. She might live on the other side of the country, but we talk as often as we can, and she was the first person to see my engagment ring. <3

I think the best thing I've earned from being a long member is the friends. For sure.

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
I joined in 04 i still have the account i just wonder why im stilll on . Im 27 in 10 days my age makes people think bad of me

Summery Seeker

I think most of us '03 users should be kind of proud that we've stuck it out this long. surprised I've definitely had better times on Gaia, but I still enjoy it and have fun. I don't think I need a bragging right for all that I've been through.

But I guess if anyone still needs one for any year that they joined, there's always the year sashes! Sorry to anyone who joined from 2010 onwards to not have such an item :c

Apocalyptic Powerhouse

Gaia Age: 3330 days
I've been playing on and off for quite some time now. I have to say though that since most of my old friends have quit, I'm sticking around because I enjoy seeing the new updates - regardless of all my bitching about the inflation. Good to come home and wonder what Gaia is going to be dishing out today. I sincerely hope it stays alive, greed or not from the CEO, as long as Gaia is still up and running, I think that's the most important part.

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
Rysune
No fancy texts this time; just plain ol' typing.

So let me get right to the point here...

I registered for Gaia, with this character, when I was 13 years old. Now, at 23, I realize "Wow, that's a long time to be on this 'game'"

Then I started to wonder if I've earned anything by being such a faithful member. Not that it matters much -I tend to give away my items and gold anyways - but I think it'd be nice to get some sort of prize that says, "Hey, Mister Man, you've been here for ever."

Anywho, that's my two cents. Any thoughts?

ayee, I'm 23 too, I first joined when I was 14 or so in 2005

Wild Bookworm

Rysune
So far we old-timers are winning. surprised Not such a surprise, though, to be honest; this site definitely has a solid fan following.

I think that soon the old-timers will be the only people left here lol
Why would anyone want to join Gaia now? You would almost have to spend cash, and the mini-games are bottom of the barrel stuff with little value in the current virtual marketplace. The site is full of anger and hurt.
The only reason I can think of anyone wanting to join up today is to enjoy the show, because Gaia is the restaurant at the end of the universe.
Here 8 years, by the way.

Bashful Lover

11,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
IT IS DURING OUR DARKEST MOMENTS

My first account was made in 04' so I feel ancient here xd
I think gaia gave out (soulbound) sashes with the year your account was made on em.
They weren't very popular though :/
THAT WE MUST FOCUS TO SEE THE LIGHT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas