Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Hunter

11,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Generator after generator and the cap just keeps rising. How high is this going to go, Gaia?

What is the point of the Site Feedback forum if you are not going to listen to us? Are you just hoping we will all pack our pixellated bags and leave? I never used to come into this forum very much but every day you get disgruntled feedback and complaints on what is happening with this place but yet you make very little effort to acknowledge it.

Has it really got to the point now where you just think 'well if you don't like it, then leave?' because if it has then you might as well just close this site now.

But wait, you won't, after all this is a massive, massive cash cow now isn't it? These constant announcements, constant gold generators and all this other s**t has to be reduced and while I understand that as long as people are throwing their hard earned money at you (or parents' money for those too young to work) you will keep up this shady business practice, it will get to the point when you have no more users left to provide you with said hard earned money.

I have bought GC before, I freely admit that, hell you will be able to tell by my avatar but with these constant sales being shoved down my throat, and good lord don't get me started on those damn PMs, it doesn't make me want to spend my money, it makes me want to keep it for other things that are worthwhile.

When that sticky was made regarding those spam PMs I thought 'wow, it seems they actually do care and they want to know our thoughts' even though all you had to do was look through the forum and SEE how pissed off everyone was, but then I was left disappointed as there was very little staff input or even comment in that thread, the thread which eventually got deleted. Then I start reading that people are still getting PMs...which just showed that you weren't listening to us at all, you just wanted to make it look like you were doing something.

Don't bother asking for our feedback if you're not going to listen to it. This isn't a rant forum, this is a forum for us to tell you what we do and don't like about this website and if you actually gave a damn about our feedback then maybe you wouldn't have so many unhappy users.

Instead all you do is throw gold gen after gold gen at us, with higher and higher payouts and try and brush our feedback under the carpet.

I'm disappointed, this site used to actually be more about the community and less about the money.

Beloved Noob

I miss when Gaia was a nice little community as well sad I began in 2007 and after taking a long break from Gaia then coming back a few weeks ago, I was very upset to see that we are no longer valued users; we are now just money trees to them...

Dangerous Hunter

11,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
It is very sad, I had been off of Gaia for a while and when I came back it was all 'GC this and GC that'.

Hot Cat

It will likely go until the end of time...Gaia's time that is.

Thirteenth Rogue

How far? Well, until it stops generating money... so... right before Gaia shuts down.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
They'll more than likely continue doing this until, they milk it for everything they can get out of it.

Beloved Noob

Shadow Assassin Adiji
It is very sad, I had been off of Gaia for a while and when I came back it was all 'GC this and GC that'.

Ha! I remember when GC was a thing but it wasn't this important and corrupt, way back when! Now, buying GC is the only way to get nice items or a decent amount of gold emo

Vermillion Hunter

Crazy_angel_brat13
Ha! I remember when GC was a thing but it wasn't this important and corrupt, way back when! Now, buying GC is the only way to get nice items or a decent amount of gold emo
Have you had a chance to glance into La Victoire and take a look at some of the PRICES, too? Holy crap.

I had a weak moment and thought about picking up a little GC to get the demonic bundle (you know, the one full of items they said they'd never re-release?), since the staff seems not to give a single solitary damn about the ticket I submitted to try and get back into the account that's holding my demonic items.

DO YOU KNOW THE CASH VALUE OF WHAT THEY WANT FOR THAT? For the demonic/nitemare items, awash in a sea of crappy recolors?

The equivalent of 100 USD.

What the hell, Gaia? What the actual hell?

Needless to say, no. I'm not pumping $100 of my money into this sinking failship. They can grasp for their cash lifeline elsewhere.

Beloved Noob

Graphically Yours
Crazy_angel_brat13
Have you had a chance to glance into La Victoire and take a look at some of the PRICES, too? Holy crap.

I had a weak moment and thought about picking up a little GC to get the demonic bundle (you know, the one full of items they said they'd never re-release?), since the staff seems not to give a single solitary damn about the ticket I submitted to try and get back into the account that's holding my demonic items.

DO YOU KNOW THE CASH VALUE OF WHAT THEY WANT FOR THAT? For the demonic/nitemare items, awash in a sea of crappy recolors?

Needless to say, no. I'm not pumping $100 of my money into this sinking failship. They can grasp for their cash lifeline elsewhere.

JESUS CHRIST!
$100 for some stupid virtual items!? Are they crazy!?!? Don't get me wrong, I love the angelic and demonic sets from '03, but for $100!? Heeeeelllllllll no! I'd be willing to spend $20 max. Are people actually spending this much money on Gaia!?
Poor college student is losing hope emo

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Crazy_angel_brat13
Graphically Yours
Crazy_angel_brat13

JESUS CHRIST!
$100 for some stupid virtual items!? Are they crazy!?!? Don't get me wrong, I love the angelic and demonic sets from '03, but for $100!? Heeeeelllllllll no! I'd be willing to spend $20 max. Are people actually spending this much money on Gaia!?

Gaia's sold things for 1000 dollars before and people have bought it.

Excitable Explorer

14,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Crazy_angel_brat13
Graphically Yours
Crazy_angel_brat13

JESUS CHRIST!

Even if the price is better than the angelic halo they were selling for $1,000 last week, I'm in agreement that even $100 is still way too much to spend on pixels. You can bet somebody out there is going to decide to buy it though.

Beloved Noob

phoebe-chan

Wow.. how sad.. I don't even own that much money emo Oh well.. I guess I'll just sit here and hope that their greed eventually comes to an end... I'm here for making friends anyways, not to see who own the most gold and coolest items :p (hopefully they don't make us pay to post in forums someday >.> )

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
We've already been told that as long as there are people who are willing to buy gold gens gaia will keep releasing them. And sadly there are people who don't think that they're harming anyone when they buy gold gens because they spend the gold on other people. And there are other people who don't care because "it's just pixels". I've been told that a couple of times when I talk to people about gold gens.

I remember back when I first joined Gaia, which was back in 04', we were lucky to make 500 gold in a week. Thanks to all the glitches we had to deal with. Some would keep us from logging into Gaia for hours or even days. I remember a couple of times were we couldn't log into Gaia for a week.

Back then the only way to make gold was to sell items in the marketplace or sell items back to the gold shops. There was no cash shop or games. It was nice. Sure it was hard to make gold but people enjoyed the challenge. We liked to work for our gold. It would make the item we wanted worth even more to us. Now it's all about buying the gold you need to get an item. So there's no meaning behind items anymore. Which is just sad. To a lot of people nowadays Gaia is just about pixels. It's not about the community like it used to be.

Beloved Noob

GreeneyedPhantom

I just don't understand how anyone could bring themselves to spend that amount of money on pixels in any situation. I wish I had an extra $100 to blow off on fake items xD it must be nice living rich... or just not needing to buy your own food :p

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Crazy_angel_brat13
phoebe-chan

Wow.. how sad.. I don't even own that much money emo Oh well.. I guess I'll just sit here and hope that their greed eventually comes to an end... I'm here for making friends anyways, not to see who own the most gold and coolest items :p (hopefully they don't make us pay to post in forums someday >.> )

I wish I had that much money. I could take my Mother's kitten to the vet if I did sweatdrop

Gaia's sold items for 1000 dollars a couple of times in the last year or 2. I don't see the point in spending that much money on pixels.

I don't think Gaia would start charging people to use the forums. That would officially kill Gaia if they did that. Considering how many people have left or are planing on leaving Gaia just because of the Cash push and the gold gens. Mind you I'm going to stay until Gaia shuts down or until it starts to charge people just to log in. But I will not spend another dime on Gaia. Not with it being the way it is nowadays. I work hard for my money. I'm not going to waste it on a site that won't be around in 2 or 3 years,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff