Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

Melodramatic thread title is melodramatic.

I was sorting through the MP and then... dun dun dunnnn spotted Ports for 10mil!

Did a miniature squeak of glee and got all excited (because for once I had 10mil!)

Then disaster hit and I realised... they are the green recolours crying

Cue disappointment, sad face and ugly sobbing
(okay the sobbing was a lie but you get the point xD ).

With so many recolours hitting the MP I was wondering are there any similar stories of recolours being tricky ninjas and fooling you into doing (or almost doing) something silly?

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd Working in the medical field where you read and re-read whatever is written in your orders does boil over into here and I usually crosscheck what I buy.

gonk But I agree that too many recolors can get confuzzling a lot of times. If you don't read the item name, several of the Counterfeit ____ items look confusingly the same in an ancient monitor like I have.

Valiant Jackling

Nothing like that, but Gaia is starting to do the sketchy thing of making near identical recolors - meaning the shade difference is so miniature that unless you stare really hard at it they look the same.

ie: Counterfeit Bride & Counterfeit Love; Punishing Ira & Punishing Acedia

Both are both new within the last week and a half and are ridiculously too close in shade to one another.

Green Gaian

I like recolors, green is my favorite color and I would never be able to afford ports, so green ports are a dream come true for me. emotion_dowant

Perfect Saint

It makes me rabid if they keep churning out recolors before I could recover from my last purchase. I know I could just ignore them, but... crying

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

You know what makes me mad? The Amadea thumbnails.
User ImageUser Image

Which one is the teal one?
Which one is the white one?
The world will never know.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Once thought the store minis of which I had a pair were selling for 14B and checked to see if they were taken out of the shop. Then I remembered the blue-white ones were the originals.

Eloquent Explorer

August Star Of Heaven
xd Working in the medical field where you read and re-read whatever is written in your orders does boil over into here and I usually crosscheck what I buy.

gonk But I agree that too many recolors can get confuzzling a lot of times. If you don't read the item name, several of the Counterfeit ____ items look confusingly the same in an ancient monitor like I have.

That's a good skill to have and one I'm sure your patients appreciate 100% xD

Oh gosh yes! It used to be so easy to ID items from their thumbnails... nope not anymore!

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"Though the brightness of the sun has drifted far away...

I don't usually get recolors confused with one another, though some of them look ridiculously alike, aka going from 'white' to a recolor in 'bright white' or 'off white' emotion_eyebrow

As for being disappointed in a recolor, as in not liking how it came out, I will forever be saddened by the lavender recolor of Little Lucie v.v

Tomorrow holds the sunlight of a brand new day for me..."

Witty Nymph

Erailea
Nothing like that, but Gaia is starting to do the sketchy thing of making near identical recolors - meaning the shade difference is so miniature that unless you stare really hard at it they look the same.

Both are both new within the last week and a half and are ridiculously too close in shade to one another.

This is the sort of thing with recolors that bugs me, some of the nekola recolors are really similar too, it's just kinda boggling looking at them going "wait...what's different here?"

Eloquent Explorer

Erailea

They are incredibly similar. Some of the poses look identical. Honestly unless you were crazy about matching colours it's a bit pointless.

But then I guess Gaia has a habit of jumping on a cash cow and riding it to death (I'm looking at you marionette and hatter).

Eloquent Explorer

Maggot
I like recolors, green is my favorite color and I would never be able to afford ports, so green ports are a dream come true for me. emotion_dowant

Do you have green ports? ninja

Perfect Saint

Madam Ace
You know what makes me mad? The Amadea thumbnails.
User ImageUser Image

Which one is the teal one?
Which one is the white one?
The world will never know.
Silly. The solution Gaia suggests is to buy both and never worry. xd

Kawaii Nerd

13,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
I feel SO dumb for not knowing what "ports" was for like 5 full minutes
I feel like I'm still not entirely sure, though I assume it's the headphones haha

I don't buy and sell much in the marketplace, but I know I once almost bought another Jekyll's Dilemma because I forgot which ones were which... I was hoping to pick up Ethics instead.
Other than that, though, I tend to really appreciate recolors. They usually end up pretty cheap, which allows me to utilize the shape of the item (usually a leg or arm mod in my case, lol) without the huge price tag.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Considering recolors don't destroy my hopes and dreams, I'ma go with no? I think? sweatdrop
I don't pay attention to names of items. I can't keep 'em straight no more. I focus on pricetag, do I like more poses than not, that "you already have this item" notice and occasionally the icon. That said, I can accidentally run into the same item multiple times in a week, and not even realize it until I've thought about it a little sometimes. Especially when browsing item list threads.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff