12,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image
Karl [Iron Justice] Hellforge
Vice Admiral of the Hellforge Unit

You are the hero- I am the Fire-

As the wave of Mateo's heat and haki pulsed outward, Hellforge actually continued to grin. It washed over him like a wave, the ground around him cracking and quaking, buildings collapsing as Hellforge stood his ground. His coat billowed behind him, his own eye glowing as the heat continued to rise. It spread out from him, clashing with Mateo's heat and Haki, and steam began to rise up in a thin mist from every surface- the ground, the wreckage, even the air.
"Grahahaha..... you might be right... but I think that if you take me lightly, you'll be in for a painful surprise Mihawk."
Hellforge raised his hand suddenly, opening his metal palm. As he did so, a hole opened and revealed a brilliant red light within, like that of an active volcano.
"Atsu Atsu no Mi : Howitzer!"
A sphere of superheated energy flew forward toward Mateo, streaking across the battlefield to him. As it drew in, at the next moment it exploded with a massive burst of heat and concussive force. The heat wouldn't bother Mateo of course, that much was obvious. Hellforge had another reason for firing the blast.

When it exploded, Karl's howitzer lived up to it's namesake. The flash was brilliant, the explosion deafening, and the sheer concussive force was enough to tear the flasgstone from the ground and blow debris flying. In warfare, one had to use every weapon available, and facing down an attack from Karl meant more then standing up to the heat he could produce. Hellforge, though, was a monster of warfare and artillery. He had trained himself to tolerate and stand against the power of an explosion like this, the power to level a city block in an instant. As a result, the explosion his his next movement- coming through the blinding and searing flash in a single leap, bringing his hammer across his body in a powerful, horizontal swing. Hellforge's grin was practically manic on his silhouette, and his glowing eye was a brilliant golden flame. A skilled master like Mateo would immediately recognize the danger Karl and that hammer presented. Two type of people used such a weapon- amateurs who counted on the sheer weight and power to make up for their flaws, letting the hammer control them, and experts who knew how to handle the weapon, who knew how to control it. In James' stories, Karl had been the former. Now? He was most definitely the latter.

-This is the Meltdown of your Desire!

Location ; Karakuri Island
Company ; Mateo
Status ; Get Eruption

Dat Cancer

Brilliant Raider

12,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image
Bode Unit Officers ;
VICE ADMIRAL Issac {Six Shooter} Bode & LIEUTENANT Sierra T. Silverray

The wall of ice went up around the image, and like that Issac could tell the conversation was over. He heard muffled speaking, a comment directed at him he couldn't make out, but in the end that was it. He had tried his best, but it seemed that they wouldn't listen to reason. He clenched his fist tightly, clicking his tongue against his teeth as he hung his head, quivering the tiniest bit.

"End the transmission."
"Yes sir."

The blue ring faded from around him, as did the screen, and Issac turned in a single, quick motion. His coat tails whipped around him as he moved towards the helm of the Black Comet.
"Damn it... Why is it that every time I try to avoid a fight, it ends up like this. Can't these people see I'm trying to help? That I'm just trying to enforce the law? I'm not the bad guy here!"
Am I?

Issac looked to the maze, standing next to the railing and closing his eyes. He leaned on it, using it to support the weight of his burden, his mind racing. He knew that what came next would be bloody. Violent even. People might get hurt. He didn't want to see anyone get hurt- frankly, he was sure that Duval and his crew weren't bad people. If only they were less stubborn then maybe they could avoid this whole mess. Heck, they might have even gotten off with a light sentence with his help. Now this was going to turn into a fight, and resisting arrest was a serious crime.
"-you stopped to help those people. I want to know why."
"So this is a one-time thing. The next time we meet we're enemies. I will bring you in, and you will stand trial for your crimes."

He clenched his fist, slamming it on the railing and gritting his teeth, lowering his voice slightly
".... Fine. We do it her way. You've forced my hand Casey DuVal."
Turning back around to face his crew, he snapped to attention and cleared his throat.
"We're going to engage the enemy. There's only one way to get out of that maze, and it's by disabling the island with the fail safe mechanism. There are four switches there that, when thrown, will begin deconstruct the maze. If all four are thrown within the same one hour period, the maze will be down for twenty four hours. We'll deploy to that island- DuVal and her crew have no choice by to go there. That's where we intercept them. We divide and we conquer."
Issac took a deep breath before speaking again, making sure everyone's attention was on him as he reached in to his pockets, pulling on a pair of black leather gloves slowly and carefully. he wanted to make sure they were on correctly.

"Let me be clear. My previous orders still stand- I won't tolerate wanton murder and wholesale slaughter. I expect you all to be better than that. Subdue, wound if you have to, but execution is only to be used as an absolute last defense. Also, I consider your lives most important- if you truly have to withdraw, do so. I leave the defense of the island to you. As for me...."
He pulled the glove tight, his eye glinting coldly and calmly under the brim of his hat- a quiet and controlled anger at the situation.
"I'll be at the vanguard, keeping DuVal's attention off of you all. I leave the capture of her crew to you. We'll be landing in 5 minutes! make preparations to defend the island and capture the Thunder Pirates!"

Sierra had to count herself surprised- sure, the newly minted Vice Admiral was sticking to the annoyingly naive no-killing policy, but it seemed like he was at least actin somewhat like an officer should. It was almost ruthless. Under other circumstances, he might have been useful to her at a later date if he ever kicked that foolish sentimentality. Even better, he was good and mad, and his eyes wouldn't be on her. She might actually get to enjoy a real fight with some excellent data.....

Gleaxi

Nazedi

Mad_Hatted_Minx

1_hell_devils_tears_3

Excaplay

shykiller

Liiroy_Jenkins
[/spolier]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Seriah "The Invincible Girl" Inferni

With: Her crew, foolish pirates!
Health: 100% Glad
Where: Crush-Crush Island
((OOC: ))
Diamonds are a girl's best friend...

Seriah frowned as he jumped. He was pretty quick, which meant this would be difficult. Every scream of pain registered in her ears as various people were taken out by Shara and the rest of the crew. Leon brought his swords down and instinctively Seriah raised the bowstaff, blocking it easily. However, she hadn't been thinking clearly as the staff began to freeze, the ice creeping over her hands and down her arms. Her eyes widened, as she brought her foot up, kicking off Leon's chest as she flipped backwards. She stared down at her hands in concern.

She took a deep breath, her eyes closing. For half a second nothing happened before the ice cracked. Then it shattered, freeing her hands and her staff. She spun it around, scattering the tiny shards of ice as she took a deep breath, glaring at Leon as she breathed heavily for a moment. Her hands were practically glowing with Haki, but the amount of Haki it took to free her hands was not something she could readily pull upon for a prolonged battle. She had to be sure to avoid being frozen or even her defense could be broken. He was dangeorus, especially to her. She sure got unlucky with her target. Most logia users would fall pretty quickly to her, not being used to people who could hurt them normally with ease but he would be different. Even if her blows treated his body like normal, his creeping ice would be problematic.

"That's pretty cold." She admitted. She'd have to creative to fight him. Hit and run it seemed. Not her speciality, but that didn't mean she wasn't ready for it. From what she had learned about one of the previous admirals, she had a decent grasp of how that particular fruit worked. Spinning her staff she took another deep breath.Quickening the pace of her twirl, she touched the ice on the platform with it, kicking up a chunk of it as it exploded into a small cloud of icy mist, blurring her form for just a moment. Then she was gone. The staff lost it's momentum, dropping to the platform as seriah reappeared high in the sky. "Soru." She announced. "Geppou!" She said kicking off the air in a verticle circle above Leon. She began to spin faster and faster as she hardened her leg with Diamond and Tekkai. Her form blurred as she spun faster and faster. "Rankyaku: Diamond cutter."

Three massive sharp air blades shot downwards at high speeds from her leg. The first was larger and powerful, the second one less so, and the third one she let tekkai go, focusing it more into a smaller more percise cut that was dramatically faster and sharper. Slowly her speed she used geppou to stay floating in the air, waiting to see how her challenger would emerge, focusing all around her to make sure no one else from his crew snuck up on her.

...and about half as tough.

Grim Skies

Liiroy Jenkins

Gantenbaine

Excaplay

Nazedi

shykiller

Checkerboard_Muffin

ArthurDeschain

Pesky Seeker

User ImageLuka_"Size-shifter"_Gentile
Blue Crows Doctor

The mask is: OFF
Current height: 6'2" >> 50'4"

Just as every cop is a criminal,
and all the sinners saints

Luka raised an eyebrow at Strawberry's plan. He hadn't expected her to immediately start worrying about his safety, and had been planning to shrink down to hitch a ride on some hapless Marine. Admittedly, her idea would be a lot easier. "That...might actually work," he remarked with a touch of surprise.

A volley of gunfire from the Marines above drove Luka, Strawberry, and Shara into cover, and the doctor snarled in wordless anger as he glared up at the soldiers. Some were using tekkai to act as a wall while the rest took potshots--it was a clever strategy, but also one that really pissed him off. Unless the rest of the crew were really good with their distraction, he was almost certainly going to get hit a few times once he made himself into a massive target. The thought made his heart rate immediately increase, but he took a deep breath and reminded himself that this was their best chance at escaping the trap, and he could deal with these stupid pea-shooters just fine. Hopefully, anyway.

It did look like Erika was taking matters into her own hands at least, the fire of her machine gun arms making Luka flinch and lean back slightly as though instinctively wanting to stay as far from her rage as possible. "Yeah, uh, you...have fun with that, Armory," he said with a grimace. "Just make sure you keep aiming at them, okay?"

He snorted and rolled his eyes at Shara's encouragement, but didn't bother with backtalk as she was soon leaping off to join Leon in the fray. Those two really couldn't hold still for long, it was probably part of what made them good adventurers. Several times over the past few weeks he'd had to threaten the Captain and first mate with sedation to get them to stop their constant training long enough to get some rest, especially considering the massive amount of energy Leon had used fighting Jack Rogers. It was ridiculous and annoying, but he couldn't help but be a little pleased at how determined the two were to better themselves. He almost wanted to hope they'd actually get somewhere on the Grand Line.

"Okay, let's get to work." Luka rolled his shoulders a couple times and leapt over the side of the ship, staying in the vessel's shadow to give him some small advantage of surprise. His hand hit the floor of the machine when he landed, and he immediately hissed and pulled it away as though burned, scowling at the contraption around him. Seastone. Damn, knowing the Marines, the whole machine was probably plated with the stuff. He'd have to be careful not to brush against the sides while lifting the ship--just one more challenge in this whole stupid venture.

Shaking his head with a sigh, Luka paused for a moment to gather his focus. He took a deep breath, and within moments he shot up past the deck, towering over the crew at the height of a giant. He registered a few exclamations of surprise from the Marines but ignored however they would react, bending to grab the hull of the ship and summoning what Haki he could to dull the shots he was sure were coming. He may have only had a basic grasp of Haki, but it would be enough to lessen the sting of bullets long enough to hopefully play his part in the escape. "Hang on to something," he advised the crew members still on the deck, and with some effort he hoisted the ship off the floor of the machine, lifting it to the height of his chest in preparation to throw the vessel towards the sea. He needed a few seconds before he could make the toss, and could only hope the crew would be able to keep the Marines busy in that time. He would be a hard target to miss for anyone who made it past the Blue Crows.

Meanwhile, on Strawberry's head, Bacon stirred with a bleary snuffle. She blinked around in confusion, finally looking down at Strawberry and oinking weakly in greeting. She had no idea what was going on, but she was glad to be in the presence of a friend, and she looked up at the giant that was Luka with her head tilted to the side. Goodness, what excitement all of a sudden!

As heads is tails, just call me Lucifer,
Cause I'm in need of some restraint

User Image
Location Crush-Crush Island (inside the crushing machine)
With Blue Crows, Defense Unit
Status Healthy
Mood Worried, Annoyed

Grim Skies

ArthurDeschain

Liiroy_Jenkins

Gantenbaine

Excaplay

Nazedi

shykiller

Flashwulf

Original Phantom

User Image
Strawberry ''Superstar'' Cotton

" Tomorrow is mine!"

It seemed that the crew had agreed on the plan. Arlyn would throw the boat out of the trap, and she would save Arlyn afterwords. All that was Needed was for them to hold them back while Luka threw it. Shara ha the idea as she placed Bacon on her head and left to go help Leon. ''Sorry princess, This is not for you!'' She said and coated bacon in her hair which she cut off, before dropping her into a barrel. She would be safe there during the flight thanks to the extra cushion.

Then, It was time to act as the ship began to Rise up. Nobody threw Strawberry like she asked, so she would have to imrpovise. She ran towards a loose rope hanging from the mast and swung herself overboard. '' Windhair!'' She shouted as her hair grew and formed a glider for her, making it all the way to the marine's. By the time they noticed someone was flying at them, Strawberry had already landed. Marine's turned their fire towards her, but she was ready. ''Hairball!'' She shouted and formed into a spiky ball again and began mowing down the Marine's, their bullets not piercing her tough hair well enough.

"I will ignite
Dancin' through the fire around me
I'll never stop
You'd better hide
Now I'm in the mood for a fight!
You won't know what hit you
When I spin around
Leave you in my dust
Then
BANG BANG
DOWN DOWN!''

Where: Marine death trap
With: marines
What: Rolling!

{ OOC: }

Grim Skies

ArthurDeschain

Gantenbaine

Excaplay

Nazedi

shykiller

II L o y a l t y II

Desirable Smoker

User Image

xxxxxxxxThe Abyssal Onexxxxxxxx

User Image

xxI am known as
xxxxxx●○●Mihawk, Mateo

xxBut the legend calls me....
xxxxxx●○●Yonko;The Abyssal One

xxStatus
xxxxxx●○●Annoyed

xxLocation
xxxxxx●○●Karakuri Island

User Image
                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A painful surprise, huh? The Yonko laughed sincerely at Karl, shaking his head at him before crossing his arms over his chest . "Go on, then. Entertain me for a bit, lets dance." almost as soon as he ended, the giant had raised its metallic hand in the direction of of Mateo, palm open and revealing a hole in the center of it. He stopped walking abprutly in his tracks, curiously watching the hole glow just as the Vice Admiral shouted his attacks name and a sphere of superheated energy errupted towards him. Mateo stood his ground calmly, allowing the devastating sphere to tear its way towards him. Just as it reached him, the boy rose his own right palm and caught the blast bare handed, the attack struggling to proceed any further for a few seconds before suddenly erupting in a massive and pretty loud explosion right in front of him. Normally this would have destroyed the unfortunate soul that stood in its place, but even Hellforge knew better then that. Even through out the explosion, Mateo stood his ground calmly , his physical figure flickering in small bursts of fire here and there as debris flew right through him and the force of the explosion washed over him. It was so bright he had to close his eyes, and his ears were ringing from the blast. It was a very clever attack all around, not just because of its power, but because of its stunning capabilities that would have served well had he been fighting anyone else. Anyone else.

Still with his eyes closed and trying to shake off the gruesome ringing in his ears, Mateo rose his left arm to his side, on guard, just two seconds before Karl's massive figure towered over him and slammed his hammer into it with terrifying force . The force of the collision between the hammer and the Yonko's arm caused a blast of wind that blew everything around them away, including the steam and the cloud of debris from the previous explosion . It also finished shattering whatever windows were still intact . But Mateo never flinched. His bare arm looked as solid as the Hammer it was still holding back. The Yonko finally opened his eyes and turned to look at Karl, his vision readjusting itself as he spoke up. "So you're a devil fruit eater too? A giant with heat based powers . That's scary. " he paused, finally pushing the hammer away with his arm with minimal effort before crouching down low, placing both arms in front of him and hands placed on the fissured ruble still intact below him. "But your no real problem still. In terms of heat abilities and physical strength, I outclass you in both." he would suddenly push off with his hands and shoot right into Hellforge with frightening speed and force, aiming to give the giant a headbutt right on the nose with enough strength to break through a whole dam. His attack wouldn't stop there. Whether the attack connected with the nose or the giant attempted to block it, Mateo would retract his head and at the same instant lash out with his right leg to kick Karl on the chin, the strike having just as much power as his headbutt and intending to send the massive man flying to the side and into a building. Hellforge was about to find out that Mateo's physical capabilities were just as monstrous as even the worst of the giants nightmares . And he wasn't using Haki.

Grim_Angel_Darthmalice

Brilliant Raider

12,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

Hellforge's eye widened for only a moment in surprise as Mateo stopped his hammer dead in its tracks, his glance going to the weapon. He had to admit, it was definitely a surprise to see that the Yonko was that strong, but Hellforge's hammer was just as strong. One glance was enough for him to tell that the impact hadn't caused the slightest damage in the weapon, and that was good. It meant that he'd be able to keep fighting with Mateo. He smirked a bit as Mateo pointed out that he was a power user and a giant of a man, towering over his opponent as he was.
"Yes. And you're much stronger than you look... that's just as scary... but... it only means I'm going to enjoy this fight even more!"

He watched as Mateo crouched down, talking about how he outclassed him in physical strength and heat, and he narrowed his eyes. Mateo was definitely strong, and that meant that if he was going in low like that it could only mean that he was getting ready to launch an attack. Mateo was fast though, and his headbutt caused Hellforge's neck to snap back as it connected, blood flowing from his nose as lightning pain shot through his body. For a moment, everything went bright white and instinct took over. He stepped back one space, his vision clearing in and instant as his enemy was launching his next attack. Years of training took effect, and Hellforge moved his free arm far faster than his bulk should have normally allowed a man of that size to move. He raised a hand, open and bare, to intercept Mateo at the knee
"TEKKAI!"
Hellforge's knees locked, as did his elbow and wrist, and when Mateo hit him this time it was Hellforge's turn not to budge, not even to flinch. Even kicking with that level of force, kicking into giant's palm was like kicking the side of a mountain, the man's eye glowing brightly.

"Definitely a lot stronger than you look.... but I am like iron... unyielding and unbreaking. You're about to find that out first hand..."
He smirked even wider as the air suddenly shimmered, blowing upward in all directions. The hea was actually distorting the atmosphere now, and nearby stone was melting away, wood starting to crack and smolder. Even the blood going down from his nose dried instantly, turning into a dark streak
"One more thing... even if you're stronger than me... when it comes to the heat? I'm NEVER outclassed. Atsu Atsu no Mi ; Furnace - 2000 degrees..."
Hellforge's hair billowed, steam rising from around him as the smoldering started to grow, smoke and cinders starting to crackle in the air slightly as he pushed off of Mateo, bringing his hammer around once more, hoping to catch the yonko in mid air so that even if he blocked he would be sent flying

Company ; Mateo
Status ; ~That's why they call me mister FAR-EN-HEEEEEIT!~

Dat Cancer

User Image

KASS "DISASTER PRINCESS" PHOENICIA

« Revolutionaries Second-in-Command »
[Location] ??? [Company] Adam and Priscilla, meeting Keirae and Enishi [Mood] Cheerful

Kass playfully stuck her tongue out at Adam after he appeared and chided her for her excitement. Indeed, the sheer difference in demeanor between the two often made it difficult for anyone to believe Kass was really the Second-in-Command of the Revolutionaries rather than Adam. Keirae's comments about her unique laugh spared Adam any more of Kass's pouting, as she blushed again. She liked to think her silly laugh showed how much she enjoyed life, and thus imparted that infectious joy on others. Or maybe that was silly, too.

Priscilla arrived with the cookies, and Kass lit up like a firework.

"I can always count on you, Pris!" She said, sweeping the box of baked goodies into her arms. She took a whiff of the wonderful scent of fresh cookies and almost salivated there on the spot. She might have a hard time sharing them after all...

Enishi mentioned their little guide dog scout was a bit of a perv, to which Kass raised an eyebrow as she eyed the little furball suspiciously. Dogs don't sweat, but this one did, its beady eyes darting around nervously as if it understood the special kind of scrutiny borne through Kass's gaze. Very little escaped her attention, as her gaze allowed her to peer deep within the heart to know a person's (or creature's) true intentions.

But whatever she found, she let it pass with a roll of her eyes. A great feast awaited their esteemed guests, and Kass hardly knew a better way to make people feel comfortable and welcome than a great feast.

"Plenty of meat!" She replied to Enishi with a grin. They knew enough about him to know his infamous appetite, so they planned the meal accordingly. As far as Kass was concerned he deserved a hero's welcome along with Keirae, especially once Keirae confirmed the crucial role he played in getting her off that island alive. And she could tell by the banter between the Ex-Admiral and Ex-Shichibukai that they had become fast comrades in their flight from the Marines. "Come on, you both look like you could use a good meal. This way!"

Kass didn't want to waste any more time, but turned swiftly to lead them to the HQ and the dining hall within where they could be fed to their hearts' (and stomachs') content.

She smiled fondly at Keirae as they walked, opening the box in her arms to take out a cookie to offer her before grabbing one for herself if Keirae accepted.

"I've been well. Our movement grows stronger everyday." She said, pausing for a moment to nibble thoughtfully on the tasty cookie. Keirae mentioned they should spar, and Kass nodded enthusiastically. Sure, she didn't particularly like violence, but she understood the need for her and the rest of the Revolutionaries to defend themselves and even fight for their ideals. She saw training as an opportunity to become stronger so she could protect herself and others, and she relished the idea of sparring Keirae again. That would help her improve drastically thanks to Keirae's prowess.

"Absolutely!" She said, a bit muffled from chewing the rest of the cookie. She swallowed and smiled sheepishly. Then her expression shaded a little as her brow furrowed. "There's much we need discuss... Well, as soon as we get some food in you. Pris here is an excellent chef!"

Saving all the stuffy, serious business talk for later, Kass went on to chatter nonstop to Keirae about trivial little things with tremendous excitement, such as all the interesting sites she had recently seen on her travels, cute outfits she bought and exotic cuisine she tried, interesting old ruins and mysterious islands she explored -- pretty much anything to keep their minds off the war for now. Most of all, though, she spoke of people. The people they helped, the people that made up the Revolutionary Army. She spoke so highly of them all you would think she was some kind of outside observer, and the Revolutionaries' biggest fan. And she was. She was extremely proud of them all, and extremely fond of the people of the world that they fought every day to free from the oppression of the World Government and the Dragons.

By the time they reached the massive dining hall to take their seats, motormouth Kass had practically talked herself hoarse. She handed the box of cookies (minus a few...) off to another Revolutionary to place with the rest of the desserts, and she motioned for another to approach so he could show Keirae and Enishi to their private rooms, side-by-side, where they could settle in for the time being. She gave them time to shower and change their clothes if desired, plenty of clothes in their approximate sizes provided for them in the stocked closets if needed.

Meanwhile she helped arrange the dining room, setting up tables with plates and simple silverware for their esteemed guests and the hundreds of Revolutionaries currently stationed at the HQ. One chair would go noticeably absent for the time being, the tall-backed chair in the middle of the central row of tables reserved for the enigmatic leader of the organization. Kass was not even sure if it would be filled today, but she knew that would be for good reason. She took her place at the seat directly to the right of that tall-backed chair, with space for Keirae to sit right beside her, and Enishi next to Keirae. Adam had a spot to the left of the tall-backed chair, with Priscilla next to him and the rest of that row of tables filled with the other new recruits in a traditional ceremony to make them feel welcome that Kass insisted upon as a young girl.

Everything about the so-called "grand" hall was anything but. Wooden chairs and tables crafted by hand, though not without a certain level of admirable artisanship. All plates, bowls, and utensils were also hand-crafted of relatively cheap materials, with any and all wealth the Revolutionaries owned going directly to their cause rather than material comforts. Even so, it all gave the place a warm, homely feel.

They prepared a massive feast for the occasion, grand in scale and every bit as good as the finest cuisine out there at a fraction of the cost thanks to Priscilla's skills. She made the best out of their ample yet inexpensive ingredients and spices to create something truly delectable with the rest of the Revolutionary chefs who had a passion for the art of cooking to rival their passion for the Revolutionary movement.

And yes, they had plenty of meat. That's something you could always find easily in abundance on the Grand Line with beasts and sea creatures the size of Marine warships rampaging about.

After she finished helping set up the tables, Kass took her seat and waited (im)patiently for Keirae and Enishi to arrive. From there she would formally introduce them to the rest of the Revolutionaries, and as they filled their bellies she could get a chance to talk to Keirae some more to discuss the events since her battle with Kyper.

Sonicalkeracs

korinzu

Rieneka

Dat Cancer

User Image User Image User Image
User Image

VINCENT "WHITE LEG" CROW

« Commander Seeker Unit »
[Location] Karakuri Island [Company] Alone [Mood] Focused
Punisher Pistol & Justice coat

Razor-focused on his mission, Vincent adapted to his suits' controls rather quickly and intuitively. He found the Professor's supposition about the mech adapting to his Devil Fruit ability to be correct, as Vincent soon discovered a way to project large plumes of smoke from his body and direct them out through the mech's arms. The mech he controlled paused for a moment to hold a swirling ball of smoke in its palm before clenching its hand into a fist, causing the smoke to disperse fitfully.

Most of the other members of the Seeker Unit had some difficulty adjusting to their own mechs, so Vincent reluctantly kept an eye on them as they prepared to breach the city.

The first wave of enemy mechs greeted them, and Agent Guilford quickly responded by launching a precise shot to knock off the head of the closest titan looming over the battlefield. Some of the mechs charged forward, and Vincent in turn charged forth to meet them, kicking in his own mech's thrusters and leaving behind a huge trail of smoke. He tore through the ranks of enemy mechs skillfully, adapting to the mech as if controlling his own body. He blasted the enemy mechs with an accurate hail of automatic gunfire from his mechs' rifle, swiftly dodging return fire and battering them with a flurry of metallic kicks and tossing them around with smoke plumes when they wandered too close.

However, he soon found his own mech became sluggish and stopped responding to his controls as another titan stepped forward. Then hellfire broke loose as artillery rained down on the frontlines, blasting the enemy mechs to pieces while giving the Seeker Unit a chance to regain control. Agent Guilford managed to go back on the offensive swiftly, blowing the other titan's head off and clearing a path for the Marines to counterattack as the nearby enemy mechs went dead.

Vincent didn't even bother waiting for the Professor's command. He tore ahead of his unit towards the Town Hall, fighting his way through waves of enemy mechs with cold, calculated ferocity that the soldiers in his unit never witnessed from him before. Soon he separated himself from the others, finding himself surrounded by a huge contingent of enemy mechs standing between him and his destination. The situation looked bleak for Vincent as they raised their weapons, ready to fire. Vincent cursed under his breath only seconds before the mechs opened fire in a concentrated, synchronized volley as they closed in. Vincent's mech erupted in a series of explosions and smoke, as the Kairoseki Gas canister erupted to render the machine inert along with the enemy mechs closely surrounding it, and Vincent nowhere to be seen in the wreckage...

[Later]

At the Town Hall all hope seemed lost as well for the Seeker Unit to complete their mission. Without their Commander the rest of the unit besides the LT and Agent Guilford had difficulty making it through wave after wave of mechs. Indeed, Vincent had gone MIA for a while, and it appeared as if the mission would be failure. The Governor hung precariously from a robot's grip outside the shattered window of the Town Hall, begging for his life as Grigori's men prepared to start executing the hostages.

Victory seemed so certain then for Grigori and his forces that it gave them a sense of tunnel vision for their own objectives as they fixed their eyes upon the pitiful Governor and his pleas for mercy. None of them noticed the wispy trail of smoke drifting low towards the center of the room from the vents until it was already too late.

Suddenly the room erupted into an explosion of smoke!

Grigori's men would be left to choke and gasp for air as the smoke seemed to have a life of its own and a particular hatred for them, wrapping itself around them as if to restrain them and totally obscure their vision. A few of them still had the sense to act quickly and try and take shots in the general direction of the hostages, but it seemed any of them who could break themselves from their coughing fits to lift their weapons suddenly found themselves seized more forcefully. Something within the smoke seemed to wrench their weapons away forcefully, or a sudden, sharp blow snapped their arms or send them flying off against the wall before they could get more than a shot or two off -- and never when they had their weapons aimed at the hostages.

Vincent floated among them swiftly, merging with the smoke when necessary to practically appear in several different places at once to dispatch the guards in a precise order he worked out through careful observation of them from the vents for the past hour as he awaited the perfect opportunity to make his move. In his astute observations he had formed a good idea of which among Grigori's men and machines looked the most troublesome, or the most alert, or the most bloodthirsty, and they were the first to find themselves disarmed by his smoke tendrils and swiftly dispatched with a kick.

None of them could see to launch much of a counterattack, and with the smoke so widely dispersed Vincent could feel each one of them and react almost instantly to their movements. He carefully planned and executed his attack to efficiently manage the situation, as his number one goal remained: let absolutely no harm come to the hostages. This inevitably meant he took a stray bullet or two in the chaos, though skillfully never to a vital area, if it meant protecting the hostages. Sometimes it was his only option as one of Grigori's goons made a "lucky" shot that threatened a hostage, and he had to willfully allow himself to take the hit instead of letting the bullet pass through his Logia form to hit the hostage.

And all this was well and good, except for the situation with the Governor. Vincent could not stop the robot holding him from releasing him once it became clear that Grigori's forces did not have a handle on the situation, and it left Vincent exposed as he tore towards the window, reaching his hand out as it turned into a long plume of smoke to chase after the screaming politician. Vincent caught hold of the Governor's arm as his hand formed at the end of the plume of smoke, and the rest of his body manifested in a crouch by the shattered window as he grimaced from the strain of using so much of his Moku Moku powers and the few errant gunshot wounds he received. This left him vulnerable and exposed for a moment right next to the robot that had released the politician. Vincent glared up at his, gritting his teeth in silent, defiant fury.

He had heard what he assumed to be Grigori's voice emanating from the machine only moments before, so he surmised the man might see him through the robot's eyes now on the edge of the huge cloud of smoke that obscured the view of the hostages and the rest of the room. This also meant that, for whatever reason, the great and mighty Hellforge had failed in his mission to subdue the terrorist so far, and Vincent silently cursed the Vice Admiral.

Checkerboard_Muffin

Sonicalkeracs
User Image

SHARA "TEMPEST FIST" FISHER

« Blue Crows First Mate »
[Location] Crush Crush Island [Company] Blue Crows vs Defense Unit [Mood] Determined

Shara left the Vice Admiral to Leon, but every other Marine proved fair game on her war path along the battlements. She did her best to subdue as many of them as possible as quickly as she could. It was not long before Luka grew to the size of a giant, presenting himself as a large target for the Marines' gunfire. It was up to the Crows at that point to make themselves even bigger targets, figuratively speaking. In Shara's case it meant flying right in the face of the Defense Unit, although even the grunts proved tougher than the average Marine fodder.

Their mastery of Tekkai made normal physical attacks largely useless, at least for as long as the Marines could maintain their control. Fortunately, Shara's method of combat allowed the force of her attacks to penetrate beyond their latent defenses, though it required a great deal of focus on her part. While the shield wall of Marines using Tekkai made for easy targets, they always had at least one or two other Marines as backup to prevent Shara from moving in without dealing with them first, and all the while one squad or another attempted to pin her down with covering fire. It was much like Hellforge's unit, a well-oiled and coordinated machine thanks to having the Vice Admiral's expertise and special training.

Shara took some stray, grazing shots, but she managed to block or deflect most of them with her gauntlets as she advanced, and though she proceeded slower than she liked through their ranks, when she finally squared off with a Marine or two it generally took one or two solid hits, or a good ol' 700 Brick Roundhouse Kick or Sharkskin Palm Thrust, to bring them to their knees and out of the fight. The unlucky Marines groaned as they doubled over in the kind of pain they had not experienced in a long time as members of the Defense Unit. Shara's expertise in Fishman Karate meant the force of her attacks penetrated deep into their core when she scored a solid hit, fiercely shaking their inner organs around.

Shara also practiced a nonlethal style of martial arts normally, so it did not make it that much more difficult for her to avoid killing them, especially given that these particular Marines were not pushovers. She hoped deep in her heart the Crows could escape without unnecessary bloodshed, but at the same time she would not fault any of them for doing whatever it took to survive. She did her part to clear away a large portion of the Marines targeting the ship and Luka one at a time, quickly becoming a fierce, unrelenting thorn in their side as she gradually made her way towards the Vice Admiral and her officers. One in particular struck her eye, a skilled Marine who had some kind of strange Devil Fruit ability to turn his body to iron. Shew knew it would not be easy getting through him, and at the same time she figured she would be best suited to keeping him busy so he could not target any of the crew.

"HAA!!" She shouted as she charged towards Gael, raising her fist to strike him in the chest with a strong 500 Brick Fist.

It was up to the rest of the Crows now to keep Luka safe while they enacted their plan...

ArthurDeschain

Gantenbaine

Nazedi

shykiller

Excaplay

II L o y a l t y II

Liiroy_Jenkins

Checkerboard_Muffin

Flashwulf

Gleaxi

User Image User Image User Image

Desirable Smoker

User Image

xxxxxxxxThe Abyssal Onexxxxxxxx

User Image

xxI am known as
xxxxxx●○●Mihawk, Mateo

xxBut the legend calls me....
xxxxxx●○●Yonko;The Abyssal One

xxStatus
xxxxxx●○●Annoyed

xxLocation
xxxxxx●○●Karakuri Island

User Image

The Yonko rose a brow curiously (( And out of surprise )) When his knee slammed into the open palm of the giants hand. First off, since when was a giant able to move so quickly ? He had been only inches away from his face second ago, yet the mammoth of a man had effectively rose his hand to stop his kick from connecting. But that wasn't the only thing that surprised him. Whether he had blocked it or its shouldn't have been a problem. Even at there weakest, there where very little people who could say they withstood a direct hit from an Emperor and didn't even flinch. Yet here he was, knee still pressed closed to the giants palm, and he hadn't even blinked . Mateo smiled to himself. Even with a Tekkai, it was very impressive Karl had withstood his attack with no visible effect. But what was be planning on doing ? Staying in a frozen state of Tekkai to avoid being injured ? "I'll have to put a bit of more 'Oomph' in my strikes . Not bad" if he thought turning himself to Iron was gonna save him for Mateo's brutal strength, he had another thing coming . Rather wildly and out of nowhere, the air around them began to superheat once more , blowing upwards into the sky and causing Mateo's bow to become undone. His hair flaring wildly in the air with the wind, the Yonko was pressed back slightly by the massive palm just as Karl mentioned there was no one who could beat him when it came to heat. As the hammer came once more towards him, Mateo simply spun and turned towards the incoming weapon just as it slammed into him, his body bursting into flames and allowing the hammer to phase right through him as booth portions of Mateo's now split fiery frame vanished with the uprising wind. Although he couldn't be seen, his voice boomed nonchalantly around the now 'Hell hole' the two of them had effectively created.

"You're very confident in your abilities, Hellforge, but you still don't understand the predicament you've placed yourself into . Allow me to show you " all at once, what was left of the small town center they where in would literally bursts into massive white flames ,the fire rising high into the sky and above the buildings to almost touch the barrier surrounding the city. By now, for sure, tempatures had increased dramatically within the barrier, snow effectively being removed from the equation. They where in hell now. Mateo's Hell.

Someone like Karl, who's devil fruit controlled heat, would feel that the white flames licking the area around him where not by any means something to just not pay attention too. Even with the increased 2000 degrees provided by the the massive giant, the heat provided by the fire could still be felt. When was the last time the Atsu Atsu no Mi user had been burned, if ever ? Only two users like them could ever survive in a super heated place like this, and Mateo was about to show Karl that heating up this place would actually work against him this time.

"You may be 'Heat', but I am 'Fire' . There is nothing I can't set ablaze" although it would be hard to make out because of the distorted space and fiery hot wind, Mateo's fiery shape would once more blast into life right above Karl, this time however the flames that set him ablaze where white, just like the ones he was controlling around them. It looked like he was actually taking Hellforge seriously, his normal fire power wouldn't work on him . A vein throbbing vividly on the side of his neck to show he was actually putting effort into his next attack, the Fire Emperor would blast once more into Karl, both hands clasped together to bring them down atop the giants head at full force like a hammer itself. He was packing much more strength into it then he had before, not taking the giant lightly, and aiming to give him a concussion. The fire also helped him accelerate and give his strike the extra 'Oomph' he spoke of, yet his attack didn't stop there . As soon as his attack would connect, all of the massive white flames around them would swirl to life, and lash out at the same time towards Karl threatening to engulf him completely . "Mera Mera no Mi; White Blazing Funeral" the color of the flames would indicate that there tempatures where way above average, and it also seemed like the flames, as they traveled, where syphoning the hot air around them to increase in size. An attack of this magnitude and power was obviously meant to kill Karl, whether he was a 'Heat' human or not. Mateo's body would once more flicker in the air to life above the current destruction below, awaiting to see if the giant survived the attack.

Grim_Angel_Darthmalice

Brilliant Raider

12,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image

Hellforge grit his teeth as Mateo became pure flame, rising in to the updraft and glaring. Of course he had known the man could do something like that in theory, but seeing it first hand was another monster entirely. It was the sort of the he had trained in Haki combat to counter, and he hadn't been paying attention. That figured as much, but Hellforge stepped back calmly as he looked around, watching and waiting. Sure enough, Mateo didn't keep him waiting long, and the man launched a massive attack down at him. Karl's eyes widened and he cursed audibly. In a brief moment, the giant realized what the largest mistake he had made in recent memory was and it burned him far worse than Mateo's fire could. His pride, his arrogance, had made him ignore tools that could have allowed him to easily avoid Mateo's attack- but he had considered them pointless frivolities. That was the deepest wound that he could have been dealt; that he was wrong.

Mateo's attack? A very, very close second.

Karl, knowing that avoiding the attack was almost impossible, stood his ground. He slammed his hammer into the ground, seeing it coming, and crossed pressed his arms together against the blast, focussing as his eye began to flow even brighter, his skin turning red
"Furnace- 5000 degrees! Tekkai!"
Karl's eye flashed radiantly as he called on his Haki to strengthen his body and his mind, his power flowing around him. The ground cracked and melted, and he took Mateo's attack head on as a warrior would, letting it engulf his iron defenses. White hot flame washed around him, everything going blank. He couldn't breathe. He couldn't think. He couldn't see or hear anything but the roar. It was intense, like nothing he had ever experienced. Karl's was convinced that if wasn't for his defenses, his years in the forge, and his devil fruit he would be a dead man. Not even ashes would have been left in his wake. He could feel his skin burning, searing pain going through his body. The burns were minor- but they were burns to a man who could not be burned, a sheer testament to Mateo's power. When the blinding light and flame finally faded, Karl stood still for a long time. The arm he had presented as part of his shield was sporting a thick red-pink burn that would definitely scar, and his iron arm was glowing white hot. Karl's coat and shirt had been burnt away to cinders, showing his body where his iron arm was riveted in to his body, anchored to bone, and his hair was flowing freely. The pain Karl was in was intense, and he was sure he would need a medic after this. For a few moments, he legitimately wished he had not survived that attack.

But survive he had, and as he stood in the only stable ground surrounded by an impact crater, Karl resolved to make sure he hurt Mateo as much as the Yonko had hurt him. Both in body and in pride. Karl reached down with his metal arm, moving slowly as he wrapped a metal hand around the handle, the leather burnt away. Karl tilted his head up, slowly, eyes closed
"Atsu Atsu no Mi.... furnace...."
The air began to shimmer as the ground shook, quaking and quivering as Karl gripped his hammer tightly
"10,000 DEGREES!"
Hellforge's eye shot open, bright white, as his body flared bright red, sending a powerful blast out on all directions. Every movement revealed a new injury to Karl as his chest throbbed and his arm screamed. He definitely had broken bones, torn muscles from the force. He was bleeding, or would be had it not been for the heat eradicating moisture from the air around him. The wounds were intense, but the heat was worse. The ground quaked and cracked, and where Karl lifted his hammer, molten rock began to bubble up from the depths of the earth, shooting skyward with the pressure as the island began to quake from tectonic activity, shifted by the magma in the earth reacting to Karl's power

"I.... Underestimated you. I haven't been burned since I was a boy in the forges... I almost forgot what it felt like..."
Karl held the hammer in one hand, and the forge within ignited to a blinding white. The grate bent and creaked, the sheer heat deforming the metal slightly. Karl looked to it, then up at Mateo as he knelt down. He slammed his metal palm into the ground, causing it to crack and shake audibly, the light from under it flaring brilliantly.
"So I think it's time... I return the favor."
The ground continued to Shake as Karl looked up, drawing his hammer back with his other hand
"Skysear!"

An explosion of light and heat engulfed Karl as he was sent skyward like a rocket, rapidly closing to Mateo. He wreathed his hammer in his Haki for good measure, hovering at the man's height for just a moment, before stopping his thrust and wrapping the other hand around the hammer's handle. The Forge ignited, blasted open as a lance of white heat roared to the side, cascading outward.
"Atsu Atsu no Mi ; KAISERS FALLEN!!!"
Hellforge then used both arms, the Hammer's head melding into the same white hue as the flares shooting of from it. He then turned the weapon on it's side, the forge flaring behind him and swung it down with all the force of gravity, his strength, and his 10,000 degrees of heat shooting out like a rocket. Aiming to smash Mateo into the ground and ride the attack all the way into the earth with the Yonko, he would smash him clear into the pool of magma his power had summoned up below

Company ; Mateo
Status ; It means Emperor's Fall

Dat Cancer

Shy Gaian

Lucia Salvaggi
User Image

"Of course its hot, its a desert." A hint of a smile crossing her face. While Gale could come off as a bit fussy some of the time, Lucia was quite fond of her ensign. While not as hot as a full desert, the artificial island was certainly warm, she assumed Gale was playing it up. She wasn't exactly the best at judging temperature though as a side effect of her fruit powers granted her higher than normal resistance to heat. Despite this, however, she still had a good deal of sweat on her forehead, as the strain of creating and maintaining this island was no small feat.

Crouched down off of Gale's little oasis, Lucia' arm churned and shifted, a tendril of sand connecting her more directly to the desert as she checked for any movements of the pirates. Creating the island she had gotten a firm grasp on the location of the Cherries' ship, she held off on making any further moves, at least until the pirates had left their ship and gotten themselves into a more vulnerable position. If they leave the ship she would have them, especially their devil fruit users, at her mercy.

"Hopefully this won't take too long..." Her most recent search through the sand had bore fruit, detecting someone leaving the ship. Taking a moment to identify their numbers, a task made slightly more difficult by a very sudden, very massive impact near the pirate ship. "Start getting ready, they're starting to move. There are... three moving away from their ship now." Lucia continued to look as she gave her orders, if possible she wanted to catch as many of them as she can in the trap.

Dapper Cat

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
G a l e "Lightning Bruiser" B r i m s t o n e

Fabulous Marine Ensign: Salvaggi Unit

The orange-haired ensign sighed pouted slightly at her teasing, but kept quiet. Instead of replying, he took a moment to take another sip of his drink. The heat was quite irritating, however, according to Lucia it wasn't even the full temperature for a real desert. Thank goodness for that, Gale was pretty sure he would die if it got any hotter. Not to mention, the heat was terrible for his fair complexion. What if he got a sunburn? He'd be blotchy and red for a week! Something no amount of face powder would be able to cover up.

While internally dreading the idea of looking like a burnt up lobster, Gale leaned father back onto his lounge chair. Purposefully trying to hide himself under the shade umbrella even more so than he already was. What he wouldn't give for a nice swim right now. Maybe he could convince Lucia to let them build a swimming pool onto the deck of the ship. Surely that was a feasible request?

Before he could open his mouth to ask, the blonde woman spoke up, informing him that some of their targets had started moving. Apparently, three of the Cherries had left the ship. He wagered that it was most likely a scouting group, people that were light on their feet. Realizing that his relaxation time was over, Gale rose to his feet with a heavy sigh and began to prepare his gauntlets and dials. "Shall I go and greet our guests Lu-chan? I'd hate to be a bad host."

Robotic Mirabelle

Dapper Cat

User ImageUser Image

This was definitely a fight that Gareth wasn't suited for. Not that he considered himself suited for any fights in general. However, these marines were masters of defense and were proving to be harder opponents than previously thought to be. While Gareth's shots were on target as usual, he found that they weren't as effective. With the use of Tekkai, the enemy was able to deflect his arrows easily. On the stronger opponents, some of his arrows would even shatter upon impact. A pit of worry steadily grew in the depths of his stomach. He knew they would find enemies that were too strong soon enough, but he hadn't realized just how far behind he was in strength. Maybe Asami was right when she said that he needed to train more.

With no time to feel sorry for himself, Gareth began to resort to more underhanded techniques. If he couldn't injure them, he'd do his best to stop them from getting to Luca. The size-shifting man was their key to escape, and for this, the least Gareth could do was protect him. "Binding shot!" the older man shouted, releasing a flurry of green orbs that scattered at the feet of the approaching marines. Seconds later, the orbs exploded with a green puff of smoke and vines sprouted from the ground underneath. Wrapping around the bodies of the marines, the vines effectively did their job of hindering the movement. Still, he hadn't managed to capture all of them.

Hopefully Luca could get the ship out to sea quickly. Gareth had a limited supply of the binding shots, they took time to grow. To make matters worse, a blue-haired marine appeared to be heading their way. She was tiny, but something told him she wasn't that weak. "We've got company!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff