Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Genius

They all kind of look the same.... sweatdrop I'm not that interested in new items coming out now because they keep popping them out like in an assembly line. Or because you're fed too much of it, it's just not that interesting.

How do you guys feel about the massive influx of constant new items? Still interested in items?

Rare

join the club. I haven't been interested in new items for the past year.

Divine Muse

They ARE starting to look all the same.
Guess if you pigeon hole yourself to only make lolita, kawaii, animu things, you run out of ways to present the exact same dish.

I think this is why we are having so many contests for "User ideas"

I know the Gaia artists would probably laugh at me/talk about me/act like the women on "The Talk" for this post but I don't care. They can laugh at me all they want, when they start coming out with different s**t. Whoever make the Silky Chest hair had a good start.

When even the artists demographic gets tired of it, the ones who love the things they make, then you know there is a problem.

Saxy Coder

Both the colors and the items are looking very similar =3=;;
I've been having a hard time finding things to add to my wishlist because of that.

Last item I loved because it was refreshingly different was Through the Frame.
Weird sleeves, a beautiful background, denim blue colors, and adorable hair...

Handsome Man-Lover

Well, recolour #26453 of popular item du jour unsurprisingly will look very same-y lol.

There's a lot of repeats in themes and colours to the point where it just gets too much of the same thing. It blurs into each other.

Add to that that it's just too much in too short a time and it's easy to just get too overwhelmed and say fudge it all.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
We've had about seven variations on the cat item in a week.
I can't even remember which nekola item goes with which hair color sweatdrop So yeah.. overdose much? Same with the sketchbooks. Same with the counterfeits.

Kahavie's Significant Otter

Dedicated Bookworm

13,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Married 100
I don't even look anymore. whee

Bashful Genius

Eventually items are just gonna loose their entire appeal. I remember when an item came out ONCE in a while if it wasn't for the monthly letters and it was so much fun to get that item because it was unique and it had been brought out with rarity. Now.. It's like bleh.

Loyal Kitten

Some are good, some are bad, not a lot that I'd like but that's par for the usual. I think the problem is there's so much in such a short time frame that it can all bleed together. Add that to the fact that they now release recolors of popular items in a day or two and it's total item fatigue. I wish they'd space things out more at the very least.

Adventuring Duck

Pretty much. :/ I also think we're getting tired of just Cash Shop items and how they treat the Gold Shops as an afterthought. Guess we're just burnt out.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
xd This is what happens when the 'frills pay bills' mentality goes unchecked.

Loyal Exhibitionist

Most of the items they've been releasing has been so BORING and "samey" lately.

They've had some sparks of originality once a blue moon, but other than that... yawnsville.

Belly-burster

i love girly frilly s**t but having everything eventually end up in the same two colors
and be essentially the same s**t
is so boring i don't even

the counterfeit series and that.... whatever other frilly bride item are big offenders

items used to have more varied textures that created some variety idk
you could tell which artist made it just with a quick glance, but a lot of those artists don't work here anymore
now we have reaper and PRlSM and i think maybe ethe does rig items like star money and stuff
but most of the cs releases are same-y in style and only vary in quality

idk
sucks
i still like new items when they have somethin in em i've wanted for awhile, like the face bandaid in bunilla

Stellar Succubus

It's weird, we spent most of a decade asking for multiple recolours of items, now we get them and it feels like a lot of the same.

I'm happy with a lot of the newer items!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff