I DON'T EVEN KNOW!!! 0.13698630136986 13.7% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 73 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Hygienic Bloodsucker

7,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
Which do you like better? What is the best and worst you've seen of both? Comment below!
definitely subs
of course there is some decent dubs like black butler
but probably the worst dubs would be the ones in hentai (dont even ask) like bible black and a time to screw like ???? all the characters sound so passive and talk awkwardly omg
plus some old timey animes like evangelion and hunter x hunter(1999) are p bad x _ x
the most recent dub i find bad would be dangan ronpa though,, :U

Magical Lunatic

Option four: manga.

Those Japanese voices can get pretty annoying too.
Dub, unless it's flat-out terrible. I don't really have the attention span for subtitles.

Lonely Hunter

21,790 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
I'm happy with both.
If I have time and the anime is short I watch it both sub and dub. I also watched Saber Marionette J and J to X in Japanese, English and Spanish the same goes for Pokemon, DBZ and Ranma 1/2, but not the whole series.

I'm even okay with just watching the animation, no sounds/ no subs razz

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

if you're not watching it by turning off the sound and reading the characters' lips you're not watching anime the way it was meant to be watched.

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I go with dubs... Hearing the characters speak in my language makes them feel a lot more relatable to me. Also, I love the English voice acting scene, good and bad actors included, and voice chasing is ridiculously satisfying to me. I'm a lot more likely to meet American actors in person than Japanese ones.

Golden Spark

Whatever is the first available to me.

Space Genius

Subs, unless Steve Blum voices a character.
Always subs, the voice actors we use to dub screw up the timing of the mouths, the age of the characters in relation to the new actors voice and just generally sound horrendous. I'll take the art in its original form thank you.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Lysid
Always subs, the voice actors we use to dub screw up the timing of the mouths, the age of the characters in relation to the new actors voice and just generally sound horrendous. I'll take the art in its original form thank you.

I bet you probably think that there's more variety in Japanese voice actors too.

Bahaha.
So As I Pray
Lysid

I bet you probably think that there's more variety in Japanese voice actors too.

Bahaha.

I bet you don't even speak Japanese.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Lysid
So As I Pray
Lysid

Bahaha.

No, but I'm very well aware that it's still a limited pool of voice actors and you'll still end up hearing the same voices over and over again in Japanese dubs.

Most people (like you, I'm assuming) don't realize this because they can't actually hear the difference due to the language barrier.
So As I Pray
Lysid
So As I Pray
Lysid

Bahaha.

No, but I'm very well aware that it's still a limited pool of voice actors and you'll still end up hearing the same voices over and over again in Japanese dubs.

Most people (like you, I'm assuming) don't realize this because they can't actually hear the difference due to the language barrier.

Wrong, while they do have a limited pool of voice actors it is far more extensive than in the Western world. Also I happen to speak Japanese.

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

Lysid
So As I Pray
Lysid
So As I Pray
Lysid

Bahaha.

Wrong, while they do have a limited pool of voice actors it is far more extensive than in the Western world. Also I happen to speak Japanese.

No, that's just you not being able to identify individual voice actors. Which isn't bad, it's a sign of good vocal range, but that doesn't mean you know s**t about the numbers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff