Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Spirit

Hello friends! heart

The new Gaia sure is an exciting place for item addicts like me. There are new items every day! But, the new Gaia is also a hellish place for item addicts like me, because... there are new items every day! gonk

I'm unfortunately one of those people who like the most popular kind of item -- pink, girly, kawaii. My wish list grows every day, and most (if not all) of the items in it are unattainable to me. I don't buy GC -- I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't do it until they fixed the inflation caused by the GGs -- and I'm running out of items to sell. I've already had to sell a few items that were important to me, and now I've got a handful left that are so cheap that selling them would be pointless.

I may look rich, but I'm literally wearing almost my entire inventory right now, minus some gold shop stuff and a few items that were gifts and I cannot part with. I sit here in despair as I watch more and more wonderful items being released every day, and as my quest items grow more expensive with every GG, and I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel so hopeless sometimes. emo

Spoons:

gaia_spoons Do you like seeing so many new items every day?
gaia_spoons Do you feel like you need to keep up with a specific kind of item (face mods, items of a certain color, etc)?
gaia_spoons Do you feel hopeless about your quest(s)?
gaia_spoons Is your wish list ridiculously long?
gaia_spoons If you could have any item from your wish list, which one would it be?

Enduring Shapeshifter

I don't enjoy seeing new items every day, maybe every week or so but every day is ridiculous.

I used to until I failed to complete it, I will never complete my kanoko collection because of those overpriced rare majoko eyes & the pink kanoko recolor, go figure.

Been hopeless to the point I stopped caring.

Gets longer every time I go to see new items.

Crystal Majoko Mariko eyes, go ahead and laugh.
- I like it, yeah. It's a lot of variety - it's just when they release a bunch of items I like, all in a row then I have to make a decision on which ones I should buy now and what to skip over. lol

- Leg mods, face mods, arm mods, eyes, wigs...all the popular things, basically...

- Not really. At this point my quest thread is just the same as my wishlist, if it's something super expensive then I'll probably wait to see if I can win it in a deflation RIG (if they ever sell them again anyway), buy it as a bundle or a re-release. There are so many items I would want that I would drive myself crazy by trying to attain all of them.

- ...Yes.

- Prince's Glance, or DJs.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I totally feel you, OP. emo

I love seeing new items, honestly, it's pretty exciting. It just sucks when you know you can't get it. But I never feel like I need to keep up with anything, if I think I'll use it, I'll just add it to my wishlist, and if not, well, all the better! I don't think of my quests as hopeless either. Just the other day I was able to sell an item for a good amount of gold, and with that, I cleaned off like 40% of my wishlist. It was pretty damn great! So anything is possible! heart

I trim down the list occasionally as my tastes and the direction of style I want my avi to be in changes. But if I could have any item from my list right now, it'd be Fairy Grave. emotion_drool

A Snack

I can't afford to buy GC
      so im always selling things.
      . n .
      its hard to get rid of anything.
      I see it as pointless to sell cheap items as well.
      I like seeing new items all the time, yes. emotion_kirakira
      Items of a certain colour for me...right now its that off black in nekola, and the periwinkle colour.
      I haven't quested in months...because I found it hopeless. My wishlist is short, consisting of two items, that were released today. lol

Handsome Man-Lover

I feel the same as you op. Whenever something new comes out that I like I go from YAY to OHNO in a matter of seconds, because money DX And the opposite is true as well, when there's nothing that interests me in an update I feel a curious mix of relief and disappointment lol.

I'm a packrat, I buy for keeps and I have a very varied taste, pretty much the only thing I shun are most pastel items, since they don't appeal to me.

Before I returned to real activity from my last hiatus I had accomplished to cut down my wishlist to a paltry 20 or so items. It has grown exponentially since then emo It's still a lot more manageable than it was in 2009 though, where I reached the maximum amount of entries several times xp

I don't quest though, I just keep an eye on anything that catches my fancy and get it when I can afford it. I can be patient if I have to.

And, well, golden ticket is on my wishlist, so the answer is easy emotion_awesome

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.don't scare me!
        i like them! but i cant keep up too D:

O24's Partner

Aged Gaian

I don't mind new items coming out every day, I just can't afford a majority of them immediately (which means I have to do work to earn gold sad )

Otherwise, my wishlist is attainable, I just like buying stuff for other people first lol

Daring Red-Shirt

I hate new items every. Single. Day. It's ridiculous. It'd be different if there were more gold shop items being released along the hundreds of GGs and cash recolors. But we get at least 3-5 'new' cash items every single day. It might even be different if there was more variety, but 90% of what comes out is some weirdly shaded blue/pink/teal that don't match many - if any - gold shop items. So you have to spend more cash or millions to billions of gold to put an outfit together.

I for the most part have stored caring about new items on most of my accounts. I mostly collect art now. Occasionally I'll find a new item or old item I like and buy it if I have the gold, but there aren't a lot of things I pine after anymore. It's too frustrating to try questing anymore. : /

Gatekeeper

I've honestly practically have given up on my quests and adding stuff to my wishlist. I don't even look at the new items that get released anymore because I know I'll never attain them even if I liked them. I can't buy GC for a number of reasons and I have a pretty small inventory as is so I can't really sell stuff to make enough gold for most things I would want. The few items I have that are worth a ton, I know I would insta-regret selling because of how much I use them.

But it's perfectly okay because I waste less time giving a crap about trying to make gold and can therefore waste more time on other things on Gaia, like posting lame stuff!

Any item on my wishlist?...Probably Kerubiel's Wings.

Demonic Lover

At first I was like "woah! this might be too much..." but I quickly got over it XD; I love items and I just can't hide it~ it's fun to dress up my Viv to do various things C: "proper" in the morning then punk then in some kind of magical outfit, etc... I'm just glad I'm not into lolita and the like x ox; those things are insanely expensive XD but I do like a lot of the popular stuff and that mostly sucks DX thankfully the GCD's the GCD and people here are very kind to one another XD I just can't count the amount of times I've gotten help getting new items... it's specially hard for me since I can't buy GC (dollars are super scarce in my country XD it sucks) so I'm always really appreciative C:

tl;dr Gaia is fast, new items are cool, I suck at making gold and can't buy GC XDDD

LQIs are kinda sucky uo u; stuff like Bunilla will always be ridiculously expensive DX

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
OP, you are going through the exact same thing I am.
I just... I can't do this s**t. They're releasing things faster than I can hope to ever even get ONE item from a pile, nevermind 'keeping up'. I gave up illusions of keeping up long ago.
Just... my wishlist is pointless and depressing. Everything is in the billions! ******** everything! And my only method of earning gold is GCash offers and hoping to ******** whatever I want doesn't leave the shop before I get enough for it!

TLDR: I'm actually a poor-a** ********.

Werewolf

I enjoy seeing all the new items every day, even those I wouldn't use or can't afford. I'm technically "wealthy" right now, but it's all going on a Ticket offer so my funds to spend are actually super limited. My wishlist is growing along with my account worth, and soon enough I'll be broke with a huge wishlist. |8

I'm always trying to expend my wardrobe with dark red, black and white items. Unless the style is too feminine (we're talking excessive frills or long formal dresses) or the shading is bad, I probably want it.

Kawaii Spirit

Eurydice Evyn
OP, you are going through the exact same thing I am.
I just... I can't do this s**t. They're releasing things faster than I can hope to ever even get ONE item from a pile, nevermind 'keeping up'. I gave up illusions of keeping up long ago.
Just... my wishlist is pointless and depressing. Everything is in the billions! ******** everything! And my only method of earning gold is GCash offers and hoping to ******** whatever I want doesn't leave the shop before I get enough for it!

TLDR: I'm actually a poor-a** ********]
Welp, misery loves company!

And you're right, it's not even possible to get ONE item out of all the ones that come out. Even if I were to do just one single item per month I wouldn't be able to. And I just -- AGAIN -- sold some items to buy another one that I wanted, and when I went to the MP to get it, it had doubled in price overnight because of that 80% off sale on the GGs yesterday. So did the items I sold, so now I can't buy them back either! It's the THIRD TIME times happens to me in a month. I just... I can't. crying

Mewling Kitten

I avoid adding items to my wish list because I know I can't keep track of which item I want to quest first. So I just take it one step at a time and keep count of my quest in my signature. I do think it would be nicer if they didn't release new items everyday. That way I could have more time to make gold through buying and selling items on the Market. At the same time it's cool seeing what they come up with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff