Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perfect Saint

AKB0048
Myrielle
Well I'm glad you made it through all those procedures. Those were very intense and taxing. I hope you make a full recovery.

I think there should be alternate parameters to gauge 'loyalty'. Perhaps they can adopt Club Verge's policy to maintain membership by buying 9999 GC per year? Maybe buy with a certain amount of gold per month? Easier for some users depending on the amount...1 million? 10 million? I was thinking 1 billion but those items are in LB so they can't access those. Might be hard to sustain if only a month...maybe 1 million gold sunk in the gold shop for 90 days?

How about contributing 100M to a gold sink event also gains them like 6 months entry?

Couldn't they additionally do post count numbers or join date? I still don't understand the argument that adding other qualifications would somehow be unfair. I partially think it just has to do with elitism. I have access though I had to wait almost 2-3 months despite the counter starting at 14 days when the store opened. But the wait time period is extremely stupid.

Post numbers is a possibility. What's a good cutoff? 10k, like if they earned the elocutionist achievement? My mule, while relatively older, will fail post count check. She's very disloyal, that one.

I guess they want a metric of activity and not just existence. It doesn't really mean as much to them if accounts are existing while being inactive. I think they are using some sort of program that logs in the number of log ins and this is something they will want to show their overlords. A 2003 account, inactive for 11 years, revived as an after thought by a returning member may not be their idea of a loyal member. However, that person will definitely have to file a ticket to get that account reactivated and given the difficulty of getting your ticket read and addressed these days, maybe that too is a sign of loyalty.

The really need to fix that damn counter though. People who are actually attempting to get in the usual fashion shouldn't be given a hard time by glitches. But then again, in the spirit of old Gaia, staying despite the glitches is one measure of loyalty. xd

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Myrielle
Post numbers is a possibility. What's a good cutoff? 10k, like if they earned the elocutionist achievement? My mule, while relatively older, will fail post count check. She's very disloyal, that one.

I guess they want a metric of activity and not just existence. It doesn't really mean as much to them if accounts are existing while being inactive. I think they are using some sort of program that logs in the number of log ins and this is something they will want to show their overlords. A 2003 account, inactive for 11 years, revived as an after thought by a returning member may not be their idea of a loyal member. However, that person will definitely have to file a ticket to get that account reactivated and given the difficulty of getting your ticket read and addressed these days, maybe that too is a sign of loyalty.

The really need to fix that damn counter though. People who are actually attempting to get in the usual fashion shouldn't be given a hard time by glitches. But then again, in the spirit of old Gaia, staying despite the glitches is one measure of loyalty. xd

I still don't think anyone should think of that store as a measurement of loyalty. The daily login requirement (and for people who argue it's not daily, with how the counter works, it might as well be daily) is just so they can more or less force users to log on to up their numbers for their overlords as well as shove advertisement down their user's throats.
Lazuli Kitten
It really sucks cause I lost the log in days through no choice.

I was hospitalized on April 18th for emergency surgery to repair a hole in my colon and two incarcerated intestines.
They also repaired a hernia I had, and at the same time my oncologist said, let me do the total hysterectomy she needs for the cancer.
So the surgery ended up being pretty major.

After the surgery, I was in the trauma icu for a week, then went to the trauma ward for recovery.
When the physical therapists started working with me, the stomach incision split open below my belly button and required twice daily wound care.
They finally let me come home on May 30th.

Since I didn't have a computer there, I was unable to log in to Gaia, except for one single time, when a kind nurse let me use her tablet to leave a message for my friends in my journal.
Now I'm locked out of Loyal's and I feel like Gaia has shafted me.

I've been a loyal Gaian since 04, and currently spend far more than I really should on Gaia Cash.
I think that having only one single way to qualify for Loyalty is wrong, and I'm sure it has hurt more than one innocent person.
If it was at all possible, I would have logged in every day, but it was simply not even possible.

Please rethink your Loyalty qualification Gaia, it just doesn't seem reasonable to have only one way to qualify.
At the very least you should consider the people who are spending real money on Gaia Cash to be loyal to Gaia.
I've been supporting Gaia this way for years and now I feel like I've been stabbed in the back.
If you ever want anything from the shop, I'll get it for you without an extra fee!

Perfect Saint

AKB0048
Myrielle

I still don't think anyone should think of that store as a measurement of loyalty. The daily login requirement (and for people who argue it's not daily, with how the counter works, it might as well be daily) is just so they can more or less force users to log on to up their numbers for their overlords as well as shove advertisement down their user's throats.
Well that was the main intent of the whole store in the first place. It's here now. They want a loyalty check from their members and they are willing to reward people for it. My argument is not for the dissolution of the concept, but set alternatives to proving loyalty.

Of course, anything Gaia does has to have some form of ROI that overlord-type beings subsist on. Be it actual financial benefits or something that encourages purchase or even just for people to be around to get whipped by a few dozen announcements a day, there will be no free rides in this regime.

Shameless Streaker

I think attendance should matter somewhat but it shouldn't be the ONLY thing. Like if you don't log in at least once per month it's revoked for a couple months. But even then it shouldn't be the only qualifier. It SHOULD be based on how much you interact with the site
Example:
1. Account age: Over a year old.
2. Post count: Over 10k/15k/20k or some other figure.
3. Have over 10k/12k achievement points
4. Must have at least one of those consecutive days achievements finished.
5. Must have the Citizen achievement
6. Must have over 50 items in your inventory.
Something like that. I think that proves loyalty more than being on 75 days rolleyes and it actually forces to be loyal to the site.

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

Using attendance was probably the simplest thing for them to do, so they just went with that. As opposed to setting it up to look for more specific traits of an actual loyal user. They just took the easy way out with this one I think.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Myrielle
Well that was the main intent of the whole store in the first place. It's here now. They want a loyalty check from their members and they are willing to reward people for it. My argument is not for the dissolution of the concept, but set alternatives to proving loyalty.

Of course, anything Gaia does has to have some form of ROI that overlord-type beings subsist on. Be it actual financial benefits or something that encourages purchase or even just for people to be around to get whipped by a few dozen announcements a day, there will be no free rides in this regime.

That's exactly why I think that entire concept is flawed in the first place, especially people who do think of it as a brand of loyalty. The entire concept of the store doesn't have anything to do at all with loyalty. It's only there to drive up log in numbers and force advertisements on people.

But the issue is people see the term "loyalty" and "loyal" and start thinking of it as a status symbol. That's why talks of alternate methods get shot down even though it doesn't really make any sense. Meanwhile, the people orchestrating it are probably laughing because that wasn't even the intent in the first place other than for people to defend it because they want to protect their own status no matter how superficial it is.

It's extremely ridiculous. They should just do something like achievement points or post count. There's nothing about that store that warrants people being locked out because they don't want to or can't log in daily to the site. And there's nothing in that store that should warrant people having to worry about something so stupid when they go through a major disaster or major health issue.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Damn.
I'm sorry to hear that.
i've been in hospital a bit and i totally understand the not being able to log in while in there.
I mean seriously. The last thing on your mind when your life is in danger and you are seriously sick is loyal's store

Perfect Saint

AKB0048
Myrielle

That's exactly why I think that entire concept is flawed in the first place, especially people who do think of it as a brand of loyalty. The entire concept of the store doesn't have anything to do at all with loyalty. It's only there to drive up log in numbers and force advertisements on people.

But the issue is people see the term "loyalty" and "loyal" and start thinking of it as a status symbol. That's why talks of alternate methods get shot down even though it doesn't really make any sense. Meanwhile, the people orchestrating it are probably laughing because that wasn't even the intent in the first place other than for people to defend it because they want to protect their own status no matter how superficial it is.

It's extremely ridiculous. They should just do something like achievement points or post count. There's nothing about that store that warrants people being locked out because they don't want to or can't log in daily to the site. And there's nothing in that store that should warrant people having to worry about something so stupid when they go through a major disaster or major health issue.
We have to see how the word loyalty is used in this context. To the overlords, it's pretty obvious as I've stated in my previous post and this--to my thinking--is the actual principle governing the whole feature.

How other users would like to interpret it is just consolation they have to do to make peace with what was handed to them. It's just some abstract banner to rally under using different coats of arms. Leave it to Gaians to find things to occupy themselves and fight with each other while the overlords find time to count their monies. Yes, we know who is really laughing in this picture, don't we?

Mysterious Trickster

I'm sorry what happen to you, OP. But, I'm glad you're doing alright now.

Truth be told, if you've achieved the Perfect Attendance achievement (logging in 180 days straight), you should have access to Loyal's Shop. Much like users have 20 slots after getting that Marketplace achievement.

Inquisitive Kitten

26,050 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes and good thoughts for my recovery, I've been doing better every day.
A big thank you to those who have offered to purchase any items I want from Loyals so I can buy them from you, it's really nice of you to do that.

I also remember Uncle Kenny saying that there would be multiple ways to qualify for Loyalty.
It seems, though, that once Uncle Kenny left those ideas flew away, too.

Having multiple Loyalty options would be the best way to keep from alienating people who are currently losing Loyalty through no fault of their own.
People who have had the ability to log in every day taken away for reasons beyond their control should not be penalized by having their Loyalty revoked.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
You poor thing. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there dear. Yeah I got kicked out too, but it was because I tried to quit Gaia. There does need to be additional options like 180/365 days a year, achievement points, certain number of tips per month, and spend a certain amount of gold in shops per month. I don't like post count option because it can be botted and spammed. Age wouldn't work because of number of inactive accounts that are locked now. GC requirement can be left for Club Verge. Playing a certain amount of games and posting in 10 different forums in a month would be a fun requirement too.

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
You have to log in every day to earn the right to help deflate Gaia's economy

21,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Brandisher 100
Pewpewkachu
It's not even a loyalty shop. It a "Keep our daily traffic and log-in numbers high so our investors don't bail on us, or you can't have nice things" shop.
You know... I never thought about that. Now it makes perfect sense! No wonder the "Gaians Online" counter is always around 20K. Considering how many users are upset with Gaia, I would've imagined that by now the counter would be around 18K or less.

21,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Brandisher 100
Sheesh, now that was one rough journey, but you managed to pull through, since you're finally out of the hospital. On a little side note, what kind of hospital has nurses that have tablets?! o_O

Now this is what I agree and what I don't.

DISAGREES

On the last part of your post, it sounds like you're requesting special treatment, because you give money to Gaia. I understand you said that to explain how you go the extra mile to support Gaia, but that's how I interpreted it at first.

While I can understand the frustration, whatever happens to a person, it's not Gaia's fault. They did not cause the sickness / tornado / tsunami / earthquake / etc. So they're in no obligation of making it up to anyone, since it wasn't something caused by their own doing. (I know this sounds cold to many, but since nothing is at risk, there's no urgency for Gaia to be flexible)

Users requested a store that rewarded loyal Gaians, so this requirement was made so the store could stand out.

AGREES

I do agree that having to loggin for 90 days in a row makes the store special... specially hard to get in. They want users to be as obsessive as some MMORPG gamers. This is not Skyrim or World of Warcraft!

Also, I HATE ******** users that take advantage of this and sale overpriced Loyalty items. And Loyal's Bazaar was supposed to be a Gold sink to fight inflation, but this requirement puts a dent on that goal.

SUGGESTIONS

The counter could be halfed to regain access faster and hopefully, with more users accessing the store, it will help to fight the bad users selling overpriced items.

Or instead have the items become unlocked little by little, as you loggin counter increases. Like say, be able to access the first page of items after loggin 10 days in a row.

KUDOS to anyone who reads this long post.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff