Welcome to Gaia! ::

So my girlfriend somehow got free front row seat tickets to the Macy's fireworks tomorrow night as a surprise and I have zero interest in going... I know what you guys are thinking. How could you not want to go?! You must be crazy! And I can't really explain it without sounding like I AM crazy. Basically, I have anxiety and I HATE crowds. Even thinking about going physically and emotionally exhausts me. But when my girlfriend told me she got the tickets, I tried my best to sound excited because I knew how badly she wanted to go. She could tell, though, that I wasn't exactly happy about it and took it personally. Originally, we had plans to just hang out on my roof and watch the local fireworks and that's what I really wanted to do. But now we both feel like crap and tomorrow's plans are up in the air. At this point, I feel so shitty about the whole thing, I really just want to call the whole thing off and not even see her but I know that will break her heart. When I get overwhelmed, I tend to push those I love most away. I don't know what to do. I love her and want to make her happy but I hate having to compromise my own comfort, too. What do I do?
I don't blame you. That sounds like you would be trapped there in the front row. How terrible. I like fireworks and I can deal with crowds somewhat but only if I feel like I found a safe place off to the side somewhere. Being trapped in the front row? F that. I would die.
Your original plan sounds so awesome btw.
Just be honest with your feelings to her about this whole thing. Don't hide it away. I know she'll be bummed out but imo she's the one who should compromise here not you. It's your safety and security and happiness on the line. Not to sound too harsh or anything..
casidy brainbug
I don't blame you. That sounds like you would be trapped there in the front row. How terrible. I like fireworks and I can deal with crowds somewhat but only if I feel like I found a safe place off to the side somewhere. Being trapped in the front row? F that. I would die.
Your original plan sounds so awesome btw.
Just be honest with your feelings to her about this whole thing. Don't hide it away. I know she'll be bummed out but imo she's the one who should compromise here not you. It's your safety and security and happiness on the line. Not to sound too harsh or anything..

It's also televised which means I'll probably be on TV and that makes me want to run and hide even more.

*sigh*

She's at work until 5:30 so I guess I'll have to wait to break the news to her. She's gonna be so upset. sad But I really do not feel comfortable going.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff