Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Bibliophile

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
It has been years since I played with zOMG! but now I want to play again. However, my main zOMG! account is not this one so I have a few questions. The main one is "How do you get new rings?". I don't like my current ones. They are pretty weak. Can you buy them or earn them?
~Margem

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

-The basics-

There are 40 total in-game rings, and something like 5 special event rings.

In game rings are dropped as loot from monsters you kill. The drops are random, so you have a 1 in 40 chance of getting the ring you want, though some rings tend to drop more frequently in certain areas. You can also choose some rings by doing certain NPC quests.

***Special event rings like Fortune's favour, sugar rush and sweetheart are no longer available in game. You need to buy them on the MP if you want them, and many people debate whether or not it's worth it.***

To get your rings to a higher level, use the purple orbs when you are in the Null crystal to upgrade your rings. Click on the ring you want to upgrade, and it will give you the option to either upgrade the ring or salvage it for it's value in orbs. If you have multiples of a ring, you can salvage them to level up other rings. Higher level rings will drop in higher level areas, so once you get a good set you can start farming more areas and increase your chances of getting more diverse/higher level rings.

To improve your chance of getting loot/rings, do a lot of farming in places like Saw Mill and Shallow seas (or Bill's ranch/Zen Garden depending on what your level is now) - Use rings like Divinity, Coyote spirit and fitness if you have it. All of these will increase your luck. (Though fitness is a "passive" ring, so you don't use it like other rings, it just sits there and ups your stats.)

It's also a good idea to get a crew. Being in a crew will again, increase your chances of loot, and also, places like Saw Mill and Shallow Seas can be hard to do solo.

Good luck.

3nodding

Fatcat

You can buy rings, however they're expensive and it's much easier and cheaper to farm for them in the game.

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Thank you, Iraxi_Reelay and b0nerita. That helps a lot! I got a drop "Shuriken" ring. That'll help lots. Thank you!

Generous Rogue

10,900 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Margem
Thank you, Iraxi_Reelay and b0nerita. That helps a lot! I got a drop "Shuriken" ring. That'll help lots. Thank you!

No problem - I also edited a few extra things in.

3nodding

Shirtless Millionaire

8,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Doing the papa saw thing will get you tons of rings. smile

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
PeppersFTW

Where is that quest located? I have only been at the Village Green, Zen Garden, and Bill's Ranch. :-/

Beloved Elder

Papa Saw is the boss of Bassken Lake, which you come to after Zen Garden.

Shirtless Millionaire

8,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Margem
PeppersFTW

Where is that quest located? I have only been at the Village Green, Zen Garden, and Bill's Ranch. :-/

It is in Bassken lake. You can get there from the North gate at barton town.

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Cool. I will make my way up there eventually. Thanks, PeppersFTW and SmallTownGuy. smile

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Coliseum is a fun place to get rings too. I think you can do that on any CL, it just caps at 10CL if you are higher. It can be soloable, so good place to go if you want your level area rings. Doing quests will get you rings easily. Just don't give up. Getting rings in zOMG! and leveling up is a whole lot faster and easier than other MMOs. If you need help let any zOMGaian know and we would gladly help you.

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Scobre
Coliseum is a fun place to get rings too. I think you can do that on any CL, it just caps at 10CL if you are higher. It can be soloable, so good place to go if you want your level area rings. Doing quests will get you rings easily. Just don't give up. Getting rings in zOMG! and leveling up is a whole lot faster and easier than other MMOs. If you need help let any zOMGaian know and we would gladly help you.

Thanks! I'm never really been a good MMO person and I don't do many crew things. Solo is easiest because I can keep my schedule and do what I want, though I can't go and take care of the stupid gnome general or the big boss in the Deadman's Pass. Oh well. Thank you for the advice, though!

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Margem
Scobre

Thanks! I'm never really been a good MMO person and I don't do many crew things. Solo is easiest because I can keep my schedule and do what I want, though I can't go and take care of the stupid gnome general or the big boss in the Deadman's Pass. Oh well. Thank you for the advice, though!

Yeah playing solo is nice sometimes. Only three areas I have trouble playing solo in and that's Dune Slam hard, Shallow Seas because of switches, and Dead Man's Shadow. Oh if you need help with those two areas, I'd be glad to help. There are a lot of high level players who are badge and loot hunting now, so there are plenty of people willing to give a helping hand. I think Gnome General still glitches on some difficulty levels.

12,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Scobre
Margem
Scobre

Yeah playing solo is nice sometimes. Only three areas I have trouble playing solo in and that's Dune Slam hard, Shallow Seas because of switches, and Dead Man's Shadow. Oh if you need help with those two areas, I'd be glad to help. There are a lot of high level players who are badge and loot hunting now, so there are plenty of people willing to give a helping hand. I think Gnome General still glitches on some difficulty levels.

Well, even with the setting for the gnome general at "easy", the gnome general just pushes me back without giving me a shot at it. I just changed my avatar to be less $$$ appearance so now to zOMG!. biggrin

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Margem
Scobre
Margem
Scobre

Well, even with the setting for the gnome general at "easy", the gnome general just pushes me back without giving me a shot at it. I just changed my avatar to be less $$$ appearance so now to zOMG!. biggrin

My density ring would help with being pushed back. What server are you on? I could buff you with rings. Is the gnome taking damage when you hit it, because if it isn't, then that's the glitch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff