Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saxy Coder

Robotic Chibi-tan
DMS has so many glitches it isn't even funny. It wasn't finished if being playable til the end is considered finished. Buccaneer Boardwalk... ever been there? Or heard of it? Furthermore, I believe that some ZOMGaians have seen what happened to Heralds of Choas, Frontier Skies, ect, and are fearful that another free game is going to disappear in favor or more smashblox type games.
The reasons for removing HoC and Frontier Skies were clearly explained to us though, and those have been around for shorter times than zOMG! eue;;

The original end was Sealab. DMS/Kam is considered an "extra" endboss. Both are "playable to the end"
BB (Buccaneer Boardwalk) was never promised to be turned into a third endboss, from what I remember. Granted, it isn't very "fun" since it's basically an extension of GB with slightly higher CLs of Animated, but you can find some entertainment even there, whether it's summoning Epic Landy or farming for loot 3nodding

I'm not denying that Gaia could close zomg. All good things come to an end eventually.
I'm just trying to combat some of the negative rumors and theories people have. Seems nobody wants to put a little bit of faith into Gaia anymore.

Saxy Coder

Going on 4 weeks now... ^w^;;

Not that I mind that Gaia is busy with deflation or anything, but really?

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
/ changed the thread name and updated OP

I should probably re-write the OP = 3 =;;

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

TasteChaos's King

Duck

Still no news?
makes me sad to think Zomg is ending sad

Familiar Lunatic

springtimedays
It's not ending, they're taking it down to fix some things, not sure what, but after that it'll come back.
gataka
springtimedays
It's not ending, they're taking it down to fix some things, not sure what, but after that it'll come back.
Oh, I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've heard so many rumors. I have heard that it's not very profitable for them, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is ending, but I sure hope not smile

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
springtimedays
gataka
springtimedays
Oh, I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've heard so many rumors. I have heard that it's not very profitable for them, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is ending, but I sure hope not smile
If you check the July 7th update in the original post, it had a quote from codemonkey assuring us that Gaia isn't planning on shutting it down c:
Some people just don't trust Gaia anymore though, and they continue to believe that this is one big conspiracy theory to shut the game down.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Enduring Star

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
springtimedays
gataka
springtimedays
If you check the July 7th update in the original post, it had a quote from codemonkey assuring us that Gaia isn't planning on shutting it down c:
Some people just don't trust Gaia anymore though, and they continue to believe that this is one big conspiracy theory to shut the game down.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
you know i almost want to believe their posts about not shutting zomg down, but well in the past they have proven to lie about many things where zOMG is concerned, okay let me be honest the site in general. Remember when the stop updating it and shelved it? lead dev (swarf) found out that info when we did really o.o so maybe other staff doesn't know what the CEO has in store for it either

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
Lady Saxophone
Robotic Chibi-tan
DMS has so many glitches it isn't even funny. It wasn't finished if being playable til the end is considered finished. Buccaneer Boardwalk... ever been there? Or heard of it? Furthermore, I believe that some ZOMGaians have seen what happened to Heralds of Choas, Frontier Skies, ect, and are fearful that another free game is going to disappear in favor or more smashblox type games.
The reasons for removing HoC and Frontier Skies were clearly explained to us though, and those have been around for shorter times than zOMG! eue;;

The original end was Sealab. DMS/Kam is considered an "extra" endboss. Both are "playable to the end"
BB (Buccaneer Boardwalk) was never promised to be turned into a third endboss, from what I remember. Granted, it isn't very "fun" since it's basically an extension of GB with slightly higher CLs of Animated, but you can find some entertainment even there, whether it's summoning Epic Landy or farming for loot 3nodding

I'm not denying that Gaia could close zomg. All good things come to an end eventually.
I'm just trying to combat some of the negative rumors and theories people have. Seems nobody wants to put a little bit of faith into Gaia anymore.

All the game booths in buccaneer boardwalk were meant to be functional minigames. There were pre release entry tickets that people paid real money for. The area was left incomplete and those who paid for entry were ripped off. They were promised a product that never reached completion.

Regardless of whether Kam is an "end boss" many crews spend hours clearing green rooms just to have a glitch make all their work pointless. Then there is the Alastair glitch. This is broken content that was advertised as complete and fixed to payinh users.

It is my hope that some of these glitches, and other, questline halting, game breaking glitches will be fixed. However, I do not exactly trust Gaia to hold to their word.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Going on 3 weeks now rofl
I found out that Zero made an older post in another thread about why it hadn't been taken down, but that post date was still from over 2 weeks ago.

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Its not the taking it down part that bothers me, its the worry that they wont put it back up.

O.G. Knight

5,550 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
suspicious stare

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Guess what still isn't down.

Guess who called this.

Bibliophile

Was just thinking about this the other day. I guess they forgot about it? Even the vague timespan they set when they said "in a few weeks" has definitely passed by now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff