Welcome to Gaia! ::

24,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Putting old info and old update under spoiler tags to not stretch the page:

First story about the nanny from heck:

Quote:

A California family is stumped about what to do with a live-in nanny they say refuses to work, refuses to be fired and refuses to leave.

In fact, Marcella Bracamonte claims that the nanny, Diane Stretton, has threatened to sue the family for wrongful firing and elder abuse.

Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte of Upland, California, say they hired Stretton, 64, as a live-in nanny on March 4 to help with their three children, ages 11, 4, and 1. According to the couple, the terms of Stretton's employment were that Stretton was to nanny for the family and help around the house in exchange for room and board.

“We’ve done it before and have never had a problem,” Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News. “I was a stay-at-home mom and thought it would be good to have someone around to help out.”

“The first few weeks she was awesome,” Bracamonte said. “She would come places with us, help out the kids. She was really great.”

Then things changed.

“All of a sudden she stopped working, she would stay in her room all day and only come out when food was ready,” said Bracamonte.

Stretton then told the couple she had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which prevented her from helping around the house.

After what Bracamonte said was weeks of failed attempts to encourage Stretton to perform some of her agreed upon duties, the couple approached her on June 6 with a “last chance letter” reiterating the conditions of her job and stating the consequences if she continued to ignore her responsibilities. Stretton, Bracamonte said, refused to sign the letter, saying that the job was too much for her and she would be leaving in 30 days.

The Bracamontes approached her with a second letter putting her 30-day notice in writing, which, they said, she also refused to sign.

“When I asked her why she wouldn’t sign the letter she said ‘It’s not legal,’ and slammed the door in my face,” Bracamonte recalled. “Once she said the word legal, I knew it wasn’t going to be fun.”

Bracamonte called the police, but the cops declined to do anything, saying it was a civil matter. Lt. John Moore of the Upland Police Department confirmed to ABC News that there is no immediate action that can be taken against Stretton, saying "generally, once somebody has established residency, you have to go through a formal eviction process.”

Bracamonte soon realized that this was not Stretton’s first time with legal matters. Stretton reportedly has been involved in 36 lawsuits, landing herself on California’s Vexatious Litigant Lists for repeatedly abusing the legal system.

“Anyone who looks at her crooked, she sues,” said Bracamonte.

She claims that Stretton is now threatening to sue for wrongful firing and elder abuse.

Stretton is still living in the family's home, eating the family's food and Bracamonte said Stretton told her she wanted the family out of the house from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

“I’m not going to bend for her,” said Bracamonte. “I’m in charge, this is my house. She’s not going to scare me out of my own house.”

But Bracamonte fears for her three children staying in the house with Stretton, saying “I worry there’s obviously something not right in her mind, and the police won’t protect us until someone gets hurt.”

“You don’t know what you’re opening yourself up to when you open your house to someone,” said Bracamonte. Source

First Update On The Nanny From Heck:

Quote:

(Reuters) - A 64-year-old woman dubbed the "nanny from hell" after she stopped working for the California family that hired her and refused to move out, is reportedly ready to leave their home.

Ralph and Marcella Bracamonte say they hired Diane Stretton in March to do chores and watch their children in return for room and board in their home in Upland, near Los Angeles.

But they say she stopped working within weeks, said she had chronic pulmonary disease, ignored repeated requests to leave, and made them scared for their property and the safety of their children, aged 11, 4 and 1. [ID:nL2N0P816Z]

Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News's "Good Morning America" on Sunday that Stretton telephoned the family's lawyer on Saturday night and said she could be out of the house by July 4.

The family had earlier said the woman threatened to sue them for wrongful termination and elder abuse. Police declined to intervene in a civil matter, so the couple launched an eviction process, which they feared could take months.

Police say that once a person establishes residency they must be "formally evicted" under California law, a process that could lead to a court-ordered "forcible eviction" carried out by county sheriff's deputies. Source

Second Update On Nanny From Heck

Quote:
The fired California nanny who wouldn't leave is blaming the weather, the media and physical disabilities as the reasons she hasn't moved out of her former employers' home, but said she will be out by July 4 - under certain conditions, according to an email she sent to her employer's lawyer.

But Marcella Bracamonte, who fired Diane Stretton earlier this month, thinks Stretton's demands are a ploy.

“I don’t believe her. She is going to show up when I am not here with a bunch of food and water and she will barricade herself in her room,” Bracamonte said.

“I want her to leave by tomorrow, Tuesday 4 p.m. I am not going to play games with this lady,” she said.

Stretton, 64, was hired by Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte in early March to help care for their three children in exchange for room and board. After several weeks, Stretton stopped working and said she was unable to perform her job because health problems and only came out of her room to eat, the Bracamontes claim. The family asked Stretton to sign a letter on June 6 giving her 30 days to leave, but Stretton threatened to sue the family for elder abuse and improper firing, Marcella Bracamonte said.

In an email sent this weekend to Marc Cohen, the Bracamontes' lawyer, Stretton said she tried to move out of the house but there was "always a bunch of news vehicles right in front of the house. The media needs to be completely gone before I continue moving."

She said her departure will now be delayed by a coming heat wave. "The temperature over the next 5 days is expected to be near 100 degrees. I can't work in that kind of heat," she wrote in her email.

Stretton said in her email that she wants to be able to sleep in the Bracamonte home for three more nights and to be able to shower in their bathroom.

"If the media stays away, I will be out by the 4th of July. But that depends on the circus not continuing," she wrote.

The Bracamontes have plans to be away for July 4, but Marcella Bracamonte does not intend to leave her house unattended.

“I have my sister-in-laws, brother-in-laws and their children, so at least seven people will be here,” she told ABC News.

Stretton disappeared from the Bracamontes' house Thursday morning and was later discovered in her car outside of a police station on Friday. She has refused to speak to the media, hiding under window screen.

During Stretton's standoff with the Bracamontes, her litigious past has emerged. She has a long history with litigation and is listed on California's Vexatious Litigant List, which includes people who have been found to bring legal action that is frivolous or repetitive.

The majority of the lawsuits were directed at her own family members, particularly her two sisters. According to documents, Stretton tried to block her sisters from selling family property.

Last year, Stretton even sued her son, Michael, according to court records, and a car rental agency for property damage and personal injury in connection with a motor vehicle accident.

Court documents show that when Stretton's father, John Richardson, died in 2000, his will included Stretton's two sisters, Donna Tobey and Sharon Freeburn. Richardson "specifically and expressly omitted Stretton," according to court documents.Stretton has not returned calls from ABC News. Source

Third Update On Nanny From Heck

Quote:

(Reuters) - A woman dubbed the "nightmare nanny" in U.S. media after she refused to move out of the house of a California family she was working for has said she was being exploited.

Speaking out publicly for the first time, Diane Stretton, 64, told Los Angeles radio station KNX 1070 and television station KTLA in interviews on Monday that she was forced to work for days on end without breaks looking after Ralph and Marcella Bracamonte's three children, and quit before she was fired.

"They were the ones that were trying to exploit me as if I was some poor migrant worker from a foreign country that they could just exploit and work 24/7," Stretton told KNX.

The Bracamontes have said they hired Stretton in March to watch their children and do chores for room and board in their Upland home but that she stopped working within weeks.

They say the nanny told them she had chronic pulmonary disease, ignored repeated requests to leave and made them scared for their property and the safety of their children, ages 11, 4 and 1. Stretton said she was doing her job.

"There wasn't a single day I was there except for the two days I was sick that I didn't do dishes or about two to three hours of cleanup," she told KTLA.

She also told the station the family tried to feed her dog food and that Marcella Bracamonte had a temper.

The Bracamontes could not be reached for comment. But Ralph Bracamonte said on his Facebook page that Stretton's allegations were untrue.

"Like I've been saying, this woman loves to play chess, and I knew she would come up with something. It's just sad and really breaks my heart," he said.

Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News' "Good Morning America" the nanny had told the family's attorney she plans to leave by July 4, and California media have reported that Stretton appeared to now be living out of her car.

The family had earlier said the woman threatened to sue them for wrongful termination and elder abuse. Police declined to intervene in a civil matter, so the couple launched an eviction process, which they feared could take months.

Police say that once a person establishes residency they must be "formally evicted" under California law, a process that could lead to a court-ordered "forcible eviction" carried out by county sheriff's deputies. Source
Turn off the landline phone, empty the fridge and all the cabinets of food. When the crazy b***h gets hungry enough to go out to eat, change the ******** locks. Call the cops when she shows back up.

Undead Enchantress

Pretty sociopathic.
Will a restraining order help?

If this goes on for years, she dies, she'll haunt the place and the family will want an exorcism done.

Or call the Ghostbusters.

Aged Lunatic

Man, only on the left coast.

Pull that s**t in this hood, and they'd put your s**t out on the curb, then someone shows up to your room with a baseball bay or shotgun and says "You got 1 minute before I declare you a trespasser"

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Residency laws are ******** up. If the rightful owners of a property want you out laws should allow them to evict someone immediately. This is why squatters in vacant homes are such a problem, set up residency per the law and suddenly the owner has no rights to their own home

Gaian

Old Blue Collar Joe
Turn off the landline phone, empty the fridge and all the cabinets of food. When the crazy b***h gets hungry enough to go out to eat, change the ******** locks. Call the cops when she shows back up.
The cops can't keep her out of the house while she has legal residency. The family has to go through the courts and get a formal eviction order before they can legally kick her out. We could've had to do that with an old roomate, but she was an idiot and said the wrong thing story when the sheriff's deputies asked her if she lived here. We really dodged an annoying bullet.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Having been through this many times where unwanted people won't leave the property make me glad Mom and I are no longer land lords.

Greedy Consumer

posting for its relevant scenes lol.

Aged Lunatic

Gardening_with_Rave_Music
posting for its relevant scenes lol.

Beat me to it.
Lulamoon Sage
Old Blue Collar Joe
The cops can't keep her out of the house while she has legal residency. The family has to go through the courts and get a formal eviction order before they can legally kick her out. We could've had to do that with an old roomate, but she was an idiot and said the wrong thing story when the sheriff's deputies asked her if she lived here. We really dodged an annoying bullet.

Which is why I said don't keep any food in the house. They aren't required by law to feed the b***h. She wants to eat let her walk to the store.

kuroreo's Waifu

Peaceful Light

27,575 Points
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
GunsmithKitten

Pull that s**t in this hood, and they'd put your s**t out on the curb, then someone shows up to your room with a baseball bay or shotgun and says "You got 1 minute before I declare you a trespasser"

Actually, I hear more about squatters on the east coast and south areas of the US mostly it seems. Before you say she isn't a squatter, for all intents and purposes she really is one at this point. I just hope she doesn't turn into that NY nanny and murder the kids as *payback*. I wouldn't leave them alone with her, thats for sure. If they could afford it and I was them, I would get another place temporarily (maybe stay at a friends or a family members thats near by) and take all the food with me. Watch the house like a hawk and when they lady leaves to get food, change the locks. Of course have the new locks bought already in advance to guarantee you beat her to it and then get a restraining order if possible to seal the deal.

Aged Lunatic

Silverlight Symphony
GunsmithKitten

Actually, I hear more about squatters on the east coast and south areas of the US mostly it seems. Before you say she isn't a squatter, for all intents and purposes she really is one at this point. I just hope she doesn't turn into that NY nanny and murder the kids as *payback*. I wouldn't leave them alone with her, thats for sure. If they could afford it and I was them, I would get another place temporarily (maybe stay at a friends or a family members thats near by) and take all the food with me. Watch the house like a hawk and when they lady leaves to get food, change the locks. Of course have the new locks bought already in advance to guarantee you beat her to it and then get a restraining order if possible to seal the deal.

Huh. Guess we're more informal about these things sometimes. twisted

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Can the owners just sell the home and move elsewhere? Clearly the cops arent going to help them. I would move.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Hope the owners can get rid of that parasite without too much issue.
Just not right when people do that crap.:/

Liberal Bibliophile

34,100 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • I Voted! 25
  • Elocutionist 200
As someone who lived in California and actually successfully sued a landlord (slum lord, deserved it), the laws offer more protection to a lessee than the landlord, which technically they became. It's gonna take a suit and possibly 6-9 months to get her out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff