Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Prophet

10,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
okay, so, since the 41st one was apparently crap to a couple people here on Gaia... I made my 42nd one today. sweatdrop and here it is! Oh, also, When I say "patient" I mean by "Mental Patient" emotion_facepalm I'm kind of getting sick of people going "Oh, by patient you mean, I've gotta be freaking patient to read your crappy poem, Psh, B*T** Please!" And then there are few others that are like "OMG, Mental Asylum Stuff twisted " Just saying btw... So, Now to the 42nd Patient Poem to the Patient Poem Series! biggrin

I know I'm lesser than human, that's all I'll ever be
Abandoned and sold off by family, no one will ever see
I am forever cursed, it's why life has been so cruel to me
It was never I who'd gone on that murderous killing spree

Lost in the wonderment of a moment that I did not foresee
Accused of having committed a murder of the third degree
Constantly abused foretold of all this pain being life's fee

Cast out afar to a land far beyond the ocean a place oversea
Accursed to be classified as nothing more than a simple detainee
To a land of blood sand and eternal damnation for all who are thee

No one knows of my secret, though I am lost, I will forever be an Illuminati
A forsaken, damned, accursed, tortured, pained soul that is a conferee,
at the great halls of insanity, I am placed upon that of a truthful guarantee

For my sufferings of my existence in life is the price thereafter, I shall be free

Aekea Scarface

DreamfulNightmare
okay, so, since the 41st one was apparently crap to a couple people here on Gaia... I made my 42nd one today. sweatdrop and here it is! Oh, also, When I say "patient" I mean by "Mental Patient" emotion_facepalm I'm kind of getting sick of people going "Oh, by patient you mean, I've gotta be freaking patient to read your crappy poem, Psh, B*T** Please!" And then there are few others that are like "OMG, Mental Asylum Stuff twisted " Just saying btw... So, Now to the 42nd Patient Poem to the Patient Poem Series! biggrin

Before I get to the poem, I have to ask: Why are you being so aggressive towards me and Restraining Order Blues? I went back and read her comments, and they didn't consist of anything remotely similar to "I've gotta be freaking patient to read your crappy poem..." The words "crappy poem" were never uttered. Please, stop twisting our words.

Frankly, I'm hesitant to even comment {much less give full-blown constructive criticism} to this poem simply based on your reaction to a simple suggestion of reading other famous poems and general advice about any poetry. I said nothing negative about the specific poem. When someone comments or critiques a poem, they're commenting on the poem -- not the author.

Do you want to improve, or are these poems more of a creative outlet? If the latter is the case, then make that known upfront. Tell readers you're just sharing and not to bother with critiques. It's fine; people do it all the time. If you do want to improve, though, then you need to separate yourself from your poetry and not get defensive whenever someone makes a suggestion or asks a question. You can't assume that people know what you mean when you say "patient poem."

{Frankly, your little introduction here reads like a, "Gosh! What idiots to not realize that Patient means Mental Asylum Patient! Aren't those two people jerks?" It's hurtful that you assume Restraining Order Blues and I are these mean people who thought your first poem was "crap." By the way, I'd like to point out that that word was never mentioned in the other thread.}

Lonely Prophet

10,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
0-DCB
DreamfulNightmare

Before I get to the poem, I have to ask: Why are you being so aggressive towards me and Restraining Order Blues? I went back and read her comments, and they didn't consist of anything remotely similar to "I've gotta be freaking patient to read your crappy poem..." The words "crappy poem" were never uttered. Please, stop twisting our words.

Frankly, I'm hesitant to even comment {much less give full-blown constructive criticism} to this poem simply based on your reaction to a simple suggestion of reading other famous poems and general advice about any poetry. I said nothing negative about the specific poem. When someone comments or critiques a poem, they're commenting on the poem -- not the author.

Do you want to improve, or are these poems more of a creative outlet? If the latter is the case, then make that known upfront. Tell readers you're just sharing and not to bother with critiques. It's fine; people do it all the time. If you do want to improve, though, then you need to separate yourself from your poetry and not get defensive whenever someone makes a suggestion or asks a question. You can't assume that people know what you mean when you say "patient poem."

{Frankly, your little introduction here reads like a, "Gosh! What idiots to not realize that Patient means Mental Asylum Patient! Aren't those two people jerks?" It's hurtful that you assume Restraining Order Blues and I are these mean people who thought your first poem was "crap." By the way, I'd like to point out that that word was never mentioned in the other thread.}

emotion_facepalm dude... chill, I quote what other people say, not everyone, not just you, people as in, those I've dealt with in the past... sweatdrop You say I need to be less hostile when I'm not being hostile, though my words might seem like it by accident to you, and I do apologize for that but, I'm not being hostile. Also, here... http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/original-poetry-lyrics/a-much-needed-introduction/t.92834997/ This might help. sweatdrop took me like 5-10 minutes to get them all together like this for ya but, I did it. biggrin
stare I honestly feel like I deserve something for doing that... I'd say 5 coins per poem but, you'd probably think I'm trying to give you a shake down... rofl and then I'd laugh and say "Dude, it's only like 30 coins." and then you'd be like "oh... okay, I see no harm in 30 coins. lol" That's how it would've been probably handled if you'd been 'cool' about things but, you seem way too uptight... Which is kind of weird since you were and have been kind of accusing me of being the uptight one. rofl

Aekea Scarface

That's great! I'll do my best to read through the poems by next week or so. A collective is useful to have if only for the reason that all your poems will be in one place. This way you won't have to go searching for them in the future if you want to read any. wink

Lonely Prophet

10,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
0-DCB
That's great! I'll do my best to read through the poems by next week or so. A collective is useful to have if only for the reason that all your poems will be in one place. This way you won't have to go searching for them in the future if you want to read any. wink

rolleyes whatever, I just wanted to get that over with. sweatdrop And I dunno if you'll like any of my poems...

Aekea Scarface

DreamfulNightmare
0-DCB

rolleyes whatever, I just wanted to get that over with. sweatdrop And I dunno if you'll like any of my poems...

Real quick: Remarks like the one in bold are why I assume you had such a hostile attitude. I tell you that you did a good job, yet your response is borderline passive aggressive -- even rude. The eye roll especially makes it come off that way. I'm not saying you are doing this purposefully, though. :}

Now, if I end up not liking any of your poems, then who cares? Keep writing. I'm just one person. Heck! I don't like some of my poems. I recently made an entire collective of old poems I found that I'm not too keen on. {I think it's on the second page by now...the "Origins" thread.} Anyway, my point is that you shouldn't be writing for the appeasement of others. When someone gives a suggestion or comment for a poem {e.g., This line is cliché}, don't think about what'll make them like it. Think about what change you can make to make you like it even more. If I'm not making any since, I apologize. sweatdrop
Basically, who cares if I don't like your poems?

I really think you should check out Have Your Pi's A Guide to the Art of Poetry. It's a valuable resource.

Good luck! :}

Lonely Prophet

10,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
0-DCB
DreamfulNightmare
0-DCB

Real quick: Remarks like the one in bold are why I assume you had such a hostile attitude. I tell you that you did a good job, yet your response is borderline passive aggressive -- even rude. The eye roll especially makes it come off that way. I'm not saying you are doing this purposefully, though. :}

Now, if I end up not liking any of your poems, then who cares? Keep writing. I'm just one person. Heck! I don't like some of my poems. I recently made an entire collective of old poems I found that I'm not too keen on. {I think it's on the second page by now...the "Origins" thread.} Anyway, my point is that you shouldn't be writing for the appeasement of others. When someone gives a suggestion or comment for a poem {e.g., This line is cliché}, don't think about what'll make them like it. Think about what change you can make to make you like it even more. If I'm not making any since, I apologize. sweatdrop
Basically, who cares if I don't like your poems?

I really think you should check out Have Your Pi's A Guide to the Art of Poetry. It's a valuable resource.

Good luck! :}

sweatdrop sorry about that, it was supposed to have had been an rofl not an rolleyes I typoed and emote. >.<
you made now "Sense!" sweatdrop because, you typoed too. lol
and I care... sad I care too much... I know. sweatdrop

Aekea Scarface

Ah! I see -- no problem!

Lonely Prophet

10,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items