Welcome to Gaia! ::

Agile Rogue

Shirlox
Elena Gwyneth
Beryl Crest
StationWagon
Contest is a nice thing, but not much different than the usual monthly trophy gathering.
I assume the same people who fish their a** off every month will be top winners for the 'contest'.
Good luck to beginners...who will probably quit after a bucket or two, due to captchas.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Gaia could tier them, like "beginner" or "expert," depending on how many hours they've put into Gaia fishing BEFORE the tournament. Seeing as how Gaia keeps track of that anyway, it would be a useful tool to encourage more players.
If the prizes are still weighted the same for beginner and expert, what is stopping an expert from making a new account for the annual and being placed in the beginner tier. Food for thought, as I eat breakfast.
Working off that issue, more than likely there would be checks to see if the an account was owned by someone else to prevent an experienced fisher from nabbing a beginner level prize. It would be an added rule into the contest something along the lines of"
"If you are caught using a newer account to earn prizes in a lower tiered section, you'll be disqualified."

Wording would be better, obviously.

My only personal problem is, what about fishers who use fishing mules? I myself have a mule with not as many hours in fishing as my main, what's to say since that account technically has already been fishing but isn't to a point that it's earned the right to be in the expert tier, that it can't be used in the lower level tiers? Just food for thought.

As well, how would one classify beginner, expert, etc? How many hours earns that? What if it's fish count that should really be the main decider. You can sit in a fishing room and it'll count towards that counter, but you might not be fishing at all. Fish/Junk count of an account would be a better determinate of how to classify an account as beginner or expert.

Maybe a captcha contest. Who can figure out the most captchas in a certain amount of time.
wink

Moonlight Conversationalist

18,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
StationWagon
Shirlox
Elena Gwyneth
Beryl Crest
StationWagon
Contest is a nice thing, but not much different than the usual monthly trophy gathering.
I assume the same people who fish their a** off every month will be top winners for the 'contest'.
Good luck to beginners...who will probably quit after a bucket or two, due to captchas.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Gaia could tier them, like "beginner" or "expert," depending on how many hours they've put into Gaia fishing BEFORE the tournament. Seeing as how Gaia keeps track of that anyway, it would be a useful tool to encourage more players.
If the prizes are still weighted the same for beginner and expert, what is stopping an expert from making a new account for the annual and being placed in the beginner tier. Food for thought, as I eat breakfast.
Working off that issue, more than likely there would be checks to see if the an account was owned by someone else to prevent an experienced fisher from nabbing a beginner level prize. It would be an added rule into the contest something along the lines of"
"If you are caught using a newer account to earn prizes in a lower tiered section, you'll be disqualified."

My only personal problem is, what about fishers who use fishing mules? I myself have a mule with not as many hours in fishing as my main, what's to say since that account technically has already been fishing but isn't to a point that it's earned the right to be in the expert tier, that it can't be used in the lower level tiers? Just food for thought.

As well, how would one classify beginner, expert, etc? How many hours earns that? What if it's fish count that should really be the main decider. You can sit in a fishing room and it'll count towards that counter, but you might not be fishing at all. Fish/Junk count of an account would be a better determinate of how to classify an account as beginner or expert.

Maybe a captcha contest. Who can figure out the most captchas in a certain amount of time.
wink

That'd be even harder than getting a fishing trophy!! emotion_8c

Dapper Consumer

StationWagon

wink

xd xd
Hey, I like that Captcha idea biggrin

Well, as I figured, I'm not really in the running, although I definitely made some nice inroads today. I've had serious personal/ family issues to juggle. If my dad is able to improve a little, things *might* calm down some. Maybe. Don't really count on that.

Honestly, I am seeing almost continual complaining, from both amateur and pro fishers alike, about the captchas. I am usually getting mine within 2-5 tries. That is frustrating for me, as it used to be that the majority were solved the first time. However, that is absolutely nothing compared to those taking 15, 20, 25 tries to save one bucket. That's an almost obscene amount of effort.

What's worse, I just haven't been able to tease out any new ideas on how to solve the codes when they are glitchy. I, too, am getting hit with correct codes not saving. I wish I could be of more help, but I have nothing. I promise that I am looking and hoping.

I must ask, there was a different Captcha style that showed up in early June. It involved jumbled outlined letters. It was a much better style and people seemed really happy overall. What happened? Was that just a free trial? Were bots getting through? (If so, I certainly understand yanking it). Also, why did the return of the Black Splotch Captchas come with so many glitches? This is turning into a tournament of captcha solvers, not fishing.

Fisher

chollaflower
Hey, I like that Captcha idea biggrin

Well, as I figured, I'm not really in the running, although I definitely made some nice inroads today. I've had serious personal/ family issues to juggle. If my dad is able to improve a little, things *might* calm down some. Maybe. Don't really count on that.

Honestly, I am seeing almost continual complaining, from both amateur and pro fishers alike, about the captchas. I am usually getting mine within 2-5 tries. That is frustrating for me, as it used to be that the majority were solved the first time. However, that is absolutely nothing compared to those taking 15, 20, 25 tries to save one bucket. That's an almost obscene amount of effort.

What's worse, I just haven't been able to tease out any new ideas on how to solve the codes when they are glitchy. I, too, am getting hit with correct codes not saving. I wish I could be of more help, but I have nothing. I promise that I am looking and hoping.

I must ask, there was a different Captcha style that showed up in early June. It involved jumbled outlined letters. It was a much better style and people seemed really happy overall. What happened? Was that just a free trial? Were bots getting through? (If so, I certainly understand yanking it). Also, why did the return of the Black Splotch Captchas come with so many glitches? This is turning into a tournament of captcha solvers, not fishing.
The captchas (for fishing, specifically) are pulled from Google and Gaia currently does not have control over the style used. Source

Loyal Elder

StationWagon

wink

User Image

Tasty Strawberry

10,425 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Maybe they cant control the type of captcha, but surely they can change the source or the provider, because is really annoying and frustrating write it RIGHT and keep saying is wrong, have to try over 8 times untill it decides that is right?? no thank you, i guess many of us is having an angry issue because of it, lol
Can I get a confirmation on how junk affects OA or if it doesn't account to total fish at all?

Such as 1/4 Bassken 1/4 Bino and 1/4 Durem, so my remaining 1/4 can be anywhere including junk or anywhere not counting junk.

EDIT: Sorry its confusing because junk aren't fish but when it comes to things like the Angelic Rod they are considered in the fish count.

Fashionable Gaian

Elena Gwyneth
Can I get a confirmation on how junk affects OA or if it doesn't account to total fish at all?

Such as 1/4 Bassken 1/4 Bino and 1/4 Durem, so my remaining 1/4 can be anywhere including junk or anywhere not counting junk.

EDIT: Sorry its confusing because junk aren't fish but when it comes to things like the Angelic Rod they are considered in the fish count.
Junk doesn't count for this tournament, only fish.
Raining Miroku
Junk doesn't count for this tournament, only fish.
Cool beans, love the avi heart

Fisher

Raining Miroku
Elena Gwyneth

Just to clarify something, while junk does not count for this tournament, for purposes of OA qualification they should still be counted with your total catches against which your lake fish catches are calculated. So a person with 30 Bassken, 30 Gambino, 20 Durem and 20 Junk catches (100 total) would not qualify (for the annual) because the Durem catches fall below 25%, as an extremely simplified example.
So I found out using a mouse works very well...
StationWagon
Shirlox
Elena Gwyneth
Beryl Crest
StationWagon

wink
Leandra Solus
Raining Miroku
Elena Gwyneth

Just to clarify something, while junk does not count for this tournament, for purposes of OA qualification they should still be counted with your total catches against which your lake fish catches are calculated. So a person with 30 Bassken, 30 Gambino, 20 Durem and 20 Junk catches (100 total) would not qualify (for the annual) because the Durem catches fall below 25%, as an extremely simplified example.
BATMACE8
StationWagon
Shirlox
Elena Gwyneth
Beryl Crest
StationWagon

wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces