Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What do you think about the Inflation of Gaia's Marketplace?

I find it profitable and it is needed. 0.066037735849057 6.6% [ 7 ]
I have either not cared about it or haven't noticed. 0.066037735849057 6.6% [ 7 ]
I find it a turn off from Gaia Online's website. 0.86792452830189 86.8% [ 92 ]
Total Votes:[ 106 ]
1 2 3 >

O.G. Player

6,850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
Lets talk about inflation:

Inflation, everything has an inflation price, whether it is stocks or general food store goods to websites they all can be truely even more expensive than they could be. Inflation is the increase of money for the product due to "rarity" of the resources or items required, in simpler terms, also thought of as the less there are and the more wanted it is; the more people want it and the more they're willing to pay for it.

What happened to Gaia's economy?:

Gaia's economy through the infamous inflation is occurring today, people who want expensive items want the items by increasing the prices of what they have, when everyone buys the cheapest items they will have to buy the more expensive ones next... Of course when people buy expensive items it gives other people the idea that they should sell their items for twice or triple the amount of gold that they bought it for. Thus causing people to pay more and sell for more. This could happen at any time but it occurs most often when there is a large gap between what is called the "classes" of society. The classes of society are known as the Upper Middle and Lower class Gaians, Gaians recently had a decrease in middle classes causing a large increase in upper and lower class Gaians. With no middle class there will not be any decently priced items anymore and there can't be any more "buying and selling/entrepreneurship" anymore.

What does this Inflation have to do with me?:

Whether you are just starting out or coming back from a long deserved break, you will realize that items that would have been 70,000 or less are now in the 100,000 to 1,000,000 range. Depending on what items you have it cause determine how rich or poor you are in Gaia sadly. People just starting off will look into the market place with extreme disgust of how inflated the economy is, with nothing at a determined reachable price it will cause hindrance on the new Gaians thinking that pinball will save them from the seemingly endless debts they might get into for things as simple as a Assassin's Guise.

What can we do and what is your view?:

Well there is a simple solution, if you quit caring about your appearance and stop buying the marketplace items, they will slowly decrease, being self sufficient is key to not having to spend hundreds of millions of gold. We all worked hard on this and as much as I would like to save my money for the one item I dreamed about now seems impossible it is now time for a change.

Big Bunny

sometimes i find it ridiculous but i've mostly adapted to it

O.G. Player

6,850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
@Ramielion We shouldn't have to adapt to it, although we had caused it chances are we'll probably never buy anything in the marketplace again at the rate it is going, one item from my wishlist reached 42 billion. I only have 60,000 on my character.

Sparkly Kitten

7,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
eh, y'know, it was surprising at first i guess but i don't especially mind it now. just the latest of gaia's many screw-ups. things'll keep going regardless, or they won't, and the site will shut down. either way it doesn't mean very much lol

60k tho, damn. how would you even get by with the gold shops with that little.. :^o

O.G. Player

6,850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
@Arcadian98 I'm well budgeted for myself especially since I'm not buying even goldshop items sweatdrop

calebc8726's Wife

Golden Marshmallow

18,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Threadmaster 200
dramallama I have been gone from gaia for awhile and was so close to a few items, I went on a buying spree before I took leave for a while, and when i came back today, things have skyrocketed! Everything I wanted that was just in the thousands is now in the millions.... It's horrible... I used to stay on zOMG for hours saving up money to buy things.. seems like it shall be days now. The upside is some of my items I can sell are up in price but I feel sorry for the people who have to work so hard for their gold to buy one item. N00bs wont be able to buy ANYTHING they want... I feel like we all should lower the prices back to the way they were so we can let everyone enjoy the game, It is a game, Not a job. dramallama

O.G. Player

6,850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
@allyson1 Welcome back for one, I'm glad because all my items before I left were like millions but now it's hell to do buy things now but I do indeed agree that the devs have the jobs the players should enjoy themselves not create a monopoly with items.
What's even worse is that the Gaia administration has an event going on where a lucky player could win 100 BILLION it's wrong in my eyes because they are promoting it.
I've had 400,000 on my account for years because I pretty much never buy anything.

The inflation in the MP has ensured I never will buy anything, either. I've had to adapt by making outfits from very cheap items, which isn't bad since most of the outfits I wanted I already have now.

Still, for a newcomer there's zero chance without paying real money.

I remember back in 2004 you could pull yourself up by your bootstraps and participate in the forums, roleplay, or whatever else to earn gold for that next awesome item you wanted. That no longer works.
i just got back on after a year when my friend was talking about what was going on. my 5 million gold account went up to 50 billion and of cores i was like "omg im that guy now! i can buy what ever i want" but then i went to the market and saw that everything went up...i mean ya theres alot that i can get but i cant seem to make more gold at it. and i dont want to sell my inventory just to get that now trillion dollar item that i wanted. 50 billion is alot of gold! like alot! i want to keep that! but i really feel bad for new members because when i joined i did not need to spend cash (but i did every now and then) cus i just need to be smart about my items. now if you want to get "good items" you need to spend cash cash more then ever and i think that thats destroys what gaia is. i think we should gaia online should make more of are items. so we dont need to have high priced items. idk confused

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
it's ridiculous that i have to triple-check the price
when selling something at the marketplace,
just so i counted the zeros right!!

what's the point making everything abt "billions"?
so it sounds big? they could rather easily
remove the excess gold from the system
if they wanted to, and still be able to sell
their incredibly ridiculous gold-gens.

i just don't get the idea of keeping these amounts
in the gold, that no-one's even able to comprehend anymore.

O.G. Player

6,850 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
@GundamZyphyr7 I remember when everyone worked for their items now it seems like they just need to come from a family that can just pay $20 on a gamecard so they can be in the trillions.

@el-cyotek I came back after a well deserved break, I was looking in my inventory because people have gifted me items, when I had realized that ALL my items were completely boosted in gold I was thinking "gaia has gone crazy nothing happened to the markets" I neglected the marketplace for as long as I came back.

@Hunaja-Mesi It also seems a little impossible to even think about getting a dream avatar because every item that has ever looked "cool" is in the millions which if you're just starting off seems a bit far, I remember when a million would get you 2-3 lusty scoundrels now it's peasant money. rofl

Feral Kitty

I've adapted to it. It's like before, 10m = 1m.
Only difference is an extra zero.

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        ibuki is a punk rock girl!
        ive adapted to it, but i dont like it. unless youre a gc user/artist/vender/someone who uses xir talents for services in exchange for gold, you wont go anywhere, unless youre that type who is hella lucky in giveaways and whatnot.

and if youre gonna reply to me, quote me or else i wont see it.

Beloved Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Adaptation is the key to survival.

I don't really care to see items listed in the billions now, nor the hyper-focused cash shop items, but that is the way it is now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff