Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Glave Orion Carson, at your service."

[[Location: Near the academy, at the lake. | Company: No one.]]

____Glave helped himself to a patch of grass at the edge of the lake. He pulled his legs in close to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, then simply watched the gentle ripples in the lake and felt the breeze weave through his hair. There were no sights like this back in Gallanen. Even if there were, he probably never would have had the chance to get near them. Though he was glad for it, the radical shift in his life was rather strange. Even now he had the feeling that someone was looking for him so that he could be dragged back inside 'for his own good.'

As Glave adjusted his sitting position to make himself feel more comfortable, he felt something fall out of his pocket. He glanced down and picked it up. The object was his secret family heirloom, a pocket watch he had discovered with the aid of his grandfather's spirit. It was present in a number of photos of Glave's ancestors, but then disappeared without reason. The only thing that his grandfather had been able to tell Glave was that there was a secret surrounding the watch, but he had no clue as to what it could be. For all intents and purposes, it seemed like an ordinary timepiece. Glave didn't dare try to disassemble it, though, just in case he somehow broke it. He didn't want to be the one to fumble his family's treasure. All he could do was hope that he would be the one to figure out its secret. Maybe being here, at Veneficus, would help him with the mystery.

Desirable Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
User ImageUser Image
                                          SO LETSSAY I⋯❛AM NOTWHO I SAY I A˟M,
                                          toffeerenthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?toff× × ×toffthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?
                                          t
                                          t···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···
                                          B.ECAUSEWHENYOURailHEART* BREAKS
                                          tfi n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l etoffeereni n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l e
                                          tfi n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l etoffeereni n t otofp i e c e s ,tofl i k etofatofs a n dtofc a s t l e

t*WILL!YOU³ BE ABLE TOPICKTHEM UPNE BY ˟NE

As she waited for permission to pet the large dog in from of her, Aeryn took notice of Orpheus’ light laugh towards her when she knelt down. It didn’t seem rude in the least, but it did make the blonde wonder what he was laughing at. Was he chuckling at her eagerness to pet his dog, or perhaps was it something else? Thinking back, she supposed it was her saying the word “puppy” when referring to a most likely grown dog (hey, puppies grow really quickly, for all she knew the canine could have been born two weeks ago and just had a huge growth within the past couple of days), and so she pouted, but it did not necessarily mean she was unhappy. In fact, Aeryn was somewhat relieved that she wouldn’t be just some newcomer wandering around aimlessly until classes began.

Orpheus opened his mouth to speak again, this time mentioning the large beast’s name and giving her permission to pet Septimas. The freshman nodded at the prince before turning towards the dog, holding her hand out to let him sniff her (that what you were supposed to do, right?) and then in the blink of an eye, wrapped her arms around the animal’s furry neck. The comment the man next to her made about Septimas was not so much him as he was to Septimas amused her a bit, and she let out a small smile. Aeryn assumed that must take great care of him if the dog was so well natured, as well as they must be very close. This was her first time actually getting to interact with a real creature like a dog, so she couldn’t really say she understood the bond, but she knew about it nonetheless. It was still a slight understatement to say she was excited be around such an animal, though. However, the Axion didn’t let it show; at least not very much, and soon she reluctantly released the canine from her hold and looked at Orhpeus, bowing slightly in thanks and doing the same for Septimas.

“Hello, Septimas,” she said to the dog, patting his head softly. “Aren’t you sweet.”

“So, Aeryn—I can call you just Aeryn, right?” the said girl nodded in confirmation to Orpheus. Being called anything related to royalty always made it super awkward to make friends, anyway. “Where are you from? You don’t s-sound like English is your first language.”

She blinked. Orpheus was pretty observant—he was pretty much spot on, though she wasn’t sure if he realized this when he suddenly seemed aware of how his words sounded and quickly added on for clarification.

“N-not that you aren’t good at… you kn-know, speaking, it’s just… I can tell. Languages are m-my thing, sort of. And by that I m-mean I’ve been studying languages since I was very young and I’m fairly fluent in nearly every one. I-if it’s now your first, and you ever want some help with it… well, I’m available.”

Sending him a light hearted smile, Aeryn secretly wasn’t sure if she wanted to answer his first inquiry so quickly after they met. The Axion race tended to keep that a secret until they really wanted to tell someone, and so she kind of wanted to stick by that. One option was to lie and say she was from somewhere on Earth, such as Asia or Europe, though considering that she didn’t have the traits to seem like she was of Asian heritage was out of the question and Europe… well, it could work. The other option was to just evade the question. Seeing as Aeryn didn’t really like to trick people (especially so early on), she just pretended to not hear the question. If Orpheus really wanted to know, then maybe a time would come for that.

“Ah! Yes,” she admitted, fiddling with her hair for a moment. “English is not my first language. S-sorry,” what exactly she was sorry for, the blonde wasn’t sure, but added it on anyway. When Orpheus said he was really good at languages and he could help out, her eyes lit up and her lips twitched up a little into a gentle smile. Being able to learn one language is one thing, but being able to master them all… that was pretty incredible. “Really, sir? You could help? That—that would be very nice! Thanks!”

She grinned, bowing down a little bit again. “And yes, I will call you Orpheus now… er, sir.”

*elatedey*entranceey*orpheus & septimasey*attire is pic on leftey*again so sorry for the delay, arya

AryaElric

Lightbringer

User Image

[[Location: Near the academy, at the lake. | Company: No one.]]

____For a while, Glave did little else besides stare across the lake and gently rub the watch between his fingers. Back at home, he had spent months trying to figure out more about the timepiece. He had poured over biographies of his past relatives, searched the castle high and low, and especially around the spot that he had found the watch in the first place, tried speaking words, both mystic and ordinary, and during one long stretch of boredom, even tried stuffing it in his mouth because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Whatever secret lurked inside the confines of the clockwork device, it was something that did not yield to the typical methods of fantasy. An exasperated sigh escaped the young man. "Would you show me your secret, please?" He mumbled. The only response was the wind sighing back.

____Though the view was nice and peaceful, Glave grew a tad restless simply sitting here. He wanted to walk around more, to explore, to find more secrets and hidden things. The young monarch-to-be was never satisfied unless he was unveiling something mysterious, and as a result he was rarely satisfied. He decided to continue his little stroll around the grounds to see what else he could see within the brief period he had before the duty of school life bore down on him. He rose to his feet, dusted off his hind quarters, and pocketed his keepsake for another time. He then gently gripped his hands behind his back while he returned to the trail to see what other branching paths he could find.

Canny Bookworm

9,775 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
    User Image

╔════════════════════════╗
                                                                                  xxфяρђ϶ʊʂ Ѧℯɖɐɳ яσωʆℯɤ
                                                                                  ╚════════════════════════╝
                                                                                  Profile

ℒ: Entrance > Heading to the lake ℭ: Aeryn, Sep, & Glave ℳ: Playful, amused; nervous ѺѺҪ: xxx

Orpheus chuckled at Aeryn's treatment of Sep--the hug was, in his opinion, adorable, and Septimas was certainly pleased, rubbing his head against the girl and licking her face. She smiled at his offer of help with her English. "Ah! Yes," she fiddled with her hair a bit; nervous habit? "English is not my first language. S-sorry." Orpheus raised an eyebrow, unsure of what she was apologising for. "Really, sir? You could help? That—that would be very nice! Thanks! And yes, I will call you Orpheus now… er, sir." she said with a small bow. The dark-haired prince cocked his head and looked at her.

"You know, Aeryn, there's no need to call m-me 'sir'," he pointed out. "It's a bit...er...formal, don't you think? I m-mean, if we're to be friends--w-which I would really like--we should just call each other by n-name." Running a hand through his hair Orpheus stood, looking around the deserted entrance hall. Making a quick decision he nodded and held his hand out for Aeryn, giving a low bow. "My Lady," he began, roguish smile on his face at the exaggerated manners, "I had been intending to go to the lake and enjoy the fresh air; I would be honoured if you were to join me." At her agreement Orpheus began walking, holding the door open for her and the dog to go ahead of him. Moderating his pace to be sure that Aeryn could keep up, he simply enjoyed the walk--the fresh air, the sunshine, the breeze; yes, this place has always been rather peaceful.

Glancing at Aeryn, Orpheus cleared his throat and spoke quietly. "I noticed you didn't answer m-my question; if you don't wish to tell where you're from, that totally fine," he said, putting his hands in his pockets, "but if you ever do feel like telling m-me...I would love to hear about wherever it is you call home. Learning, about anything really--but new places especially--has always been a passion of mine." Grimacing, Orpheus shifted his shoulders a bit as he walked; the shirt he was wearing was a bit tighter than usual, and his wings were feeling uncomfortably restricted. He tried to hide the movements by cracking his back. Just ahead, he could see the sun reflecting off the water, and was about to say something else to Aeryn when Septimas took off runningl; squinting in the light, he could make out a figure walking their way. "Septimas!" he shouted, giving an exasperated chuckle before turning towards Aeryn. "Please excuse me; I don't want him bothering--or scaring--anyone out to enjoy the weather." With a nod he took off after the dog, jogging lightly and slowing to a walk once he caught sight of the blonde boy Septimas was currently sniffing.

"Sep! You know better than to just run off like that," he scolded, no real anger behind the words. Looking at the blonde boy before him Orpheus held out a gloved hand. "Er, I'm..uh...Orpheus. Orpheus Crowley. S-sorry for the dog, he gets...excited," he stammered nervously.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
xxxxxSleep, sugar, let your dreams flood inxxxx
xxxxLike waves of sweet fire, you're safe withinxxx
xxxSleep, sweetie, let your floods come rushing inxx
xxxxxAnd carry you over to a new morning
xxxx

╚════════════════════════════════╝

toffeeren
Takarashi

Lightbringer

AryaElric

User Image

[[Location: Near the academy, at the lake. | Company: Prince Orpheus and his furry friend.]]

____Though he hadn't taken the time to really notice before, he now realized that even the trails throughout the campus were nice. This was Glave's first time being in something like a real forest. Tall trees, leaves and twigs sparsely littering the ground, and sun spilling through the canopy to create curious patterns of light and shadow. What intrigued the young man even more, however, was the assorted plant life that thrived around the bases of the trees. Tall grass, wild flowers, thorned bushes, all manner of flora that would never dare be seen in a maintained estate. It was strange, yet natural, and simply... beautiful. It felt like he was seeing something real for the first time. This was nature - wild, diverse, and curious. Glave whispered, "Wow..."

____The prince of Gallanen's attention was drawn away from the natural wonder, however, when he was suddenly aware that something was sniffing him in... an uncomfortable place. With a small yelp, Glave backpedaled for fear of what might have followed from the cursory inspection, having no knowledge of how canines carried themselves. A young man caught up to the dog and essentially called it off, much to Glave's relief. He didn't fancy trying to climb a tree or outrun man's best friend. The gentleman introduced himself and apologized on behalf of his pet. Though it took the young prince a moment to have the nerve to step any closer to the dog's vicinity, Glave cracked the uncertain smile of someone that just had the wits scared out of them. "I'm Glave Carson, and it's okay, I was just startled. I'm not used to dogs." He explained as he politely shook the other man's hand. "I didn't think anyone else would be near the lake."

Desirable Prophet

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
User ImageUser Image
                                          SO LETSSAY I⋯❛AM NOTWHO I SAY I A˟M,
                                          toffeerenthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?toff× × ×toffthencan you sayey*you are:who you say you *are?
                                          t
                                          t···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···x···
                                          B.ECAUSEWHENYOURailHEART* BREAKS

t*WILL!YOU³ BE ABLE TOPICKTHEM UPNE BY ˟NE

She blinked once as Orpheus reminded her that there wasn’t any reason to keep calling him sir, nodding slowly along with his “explanation”. Aeryn supposed he was right, as they were friends now. They agreed on that. They were friends. That, in all honesty, sounded kind of strange since it had only been a few minutes since they met, but it was the good kind of strange, one that the blonde would not mind. It was a bit relieving, actually—she had someone she could talk to without any worry about awkward situations (well, there still might be awkward situations, but it shouldn’t been as awkward) in this large world. Assuming that didn’t start to dislike each other or get into fights.

“We are calling each other by first names, though,” the Axion replied, a slight teasing tone among her words, but it confirmed that they were indeed friends, or at least good acquaintances now, without a doubt. Looking down as he reached his hand towards her, it only took Aeryn a moment before she realized what it meant and grasped his hand somewhat hesitantly, as if trying to figure out what he wanted. What was he intending? This motion meant to follow him, right? In the end, it only seemed he wanted to go to the lake nearby, in which the freshman had no complaints in doing. She had meant to go there earlier, anyway, before Orpheus came.

Aeryn flashed him a soft grin at him when he opened the door, in acknowledgement of his politeness. “Thank you,” she muttered, though he didn’t really need to do that. She was used to opening doors by herself, anyway, as most people should be. It wasn’t like as everything should be engulfed in the air of royalty all the time. At home, everything was rather casual, and so it was slightly off putting to see everyone speaking so cordially, but there wasn’t too much of a problem with that, she supposed.

Seeing as Orpheus was taller than her, and his strides were bigger, Aeryn had to speed up just a bit, but luckily the said male seemed to notice and soon they fell into a comfortable pace, enjoying the scenery around them. Today wasn’t such a bad day, there was a blue sky above them (stars were still better in her opinion), the birds were chirping, and not a cloud in the sky. It was warmer than Aeryn would be comfortable in, but she could deal with it, that wasn’t a big deal, anyway.

When Orpheus cleared his throat, Aeryn had directly her gaze towards him so he was in her line of sight but she wasn’t directly looking at him. They didn’t always have to be looking straight into their eyes when they talked, right? “I noticed you didn’t answer m-my question; if you don’t wish to tell where you’re from, that’s totally fine…”

So Orpheus was rather observant. She wasn’t sure whether to be impressed or worried.

“…but if you ever do feel like telling m-me… I would love to hear about wherever it is you call home. Learning, about anything really—but new places especially—has always been a passion of mine.”

At this, the end of the Axion’s lips twitched upward a bit, already quite glad that they had something in common. Aeryn herself was fond of learning new things, so she could see herself and Orpheus discussing about random things that interested them in the future. The thought made Aeryn smile slightly, but she got herself back on tracked and shrugged.

“Oh, well, I guess I kind of forgot to mention it, sorry,” She sent an apologetic smile to him. “I mean, where I come from isn’t too special, there isn’t much to talk about, so I didn’t think it was necessary to say… maybe some time later I’ll tell you if I think of some interesting things.”

The blonde secretly hoped that Orpheus wouldn’t press on too much after that, though something did seem to answer her prayers as his dog caught his attention hurriedly, leading them to another boy (he physically looked around her age, he even had blond hair) who had been spending his time idly by the lake, or so it seemed. Seeing Orpheus and the boy began to chat, Aeryn paused and wondered if she really should interrupt, but Orpheus did ask her to tag along so…

Eventually, the “fifteen” year old slowly made her way over, without a sound, deciding to hide herself behind Orpheus and took a peek at the other blond from the side.

Way to act casual, huh?

*curious/nervousey*lakeey*orpheus, sep, & glaveey*attire is pic on leftey*hurhurhuhr

AryaElric

Takarashi

Canny Bookworm

9,775 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
    User Image

╔════════════════════════╗
                                                                                  xxфяρђ϶ʊʂ Ѧℯɖɐɳ яσωʆℯɤ
                                                                                  ╚════════════════════════╝
                                                                                  Profile

ℒ: By the lake ℭ: Glave, Aeryn, & Sep ℳ: Comfortable ѺѺҪ: Sorry it's kinda short

Holding in a chuckle as the blonde boy backed away from Sep--who had sniffed him in a rather, erm...private area--Orpheus placed a hand on the dog's large head, huffing in amusement as his tongue lolled out the side of his mouth. Pulling himself out of his obvious nervousness the boy shook Orpheus's extended hand. "I'm Glave Carson, and it's okay, I was just startled. I'm not used to dogs," he replied. "I didn't think anyone else would be near the lake."

"Oh yeah, well...Sep and I have this, er, tradition: every year when we arrive at the school, we come to the lake and enjoy ourselves a bit--he likes to splash around, and I've always been a f-fan of the quiet. It's soothing, before we have to go and deal with all of the...people." The dark-haired prince shuddered slightly, shooting Glave a crooked grin. Glancing back over his shoulder he was a bit surprised--and a lot amused--to see Aeryn using his body as a shield. His smile widened and he turned a bit, placing a hand on her head. "What're you doing back there, Aeryn?" he chuckled, amused at her antics. She looked so innocent and adorable, big blue eyes and blonde hair; he couldn't help but be amused by her. "I can promise you, none of us bite," Orpheus teased, giving her hair a light tug before looking at Glave once again. "This is my friend Aeryn; she's a first year here."

╔════════════════════════════════╗
xxxxxSleep, sugar, let your dreams flood inxxxx
xxxxLike waves of sweet fire, you're safe withinxxx
xxxSleep, sweetie, let your floods come rushing inxx
xxxxxAnd carry you over to a new morning
xxxx

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Lightbringer

User Image

[[Location: Near the academy, at the lake. | Company: Prince Orpheus, his furry friend, and Princess Aeryn.]]

____After the handshake had reached its respectful apex, Glave withdrew his hand and held it with the opposite behind his back, and then listened to what Orpheus had to say. It seemed that he was a veteran student, and he seemed at least somewhat reserved. The younger prince was no wordsmith himself, but he couldn't help but notice that the other fellow struggled a bit with his speech. Was he nervous about something? Or perhaps that was simply how he carried himself? Whatever the reasoning, it was something that made Glave immediately take more of a liking to Orpheus. His mannerism suggested that he was modest and kind, the kind of person that the blonde found he could get along with. When Orpheus offered him a smile, Glave found himself returning it. "That sounds nice." The young man then commented about the tradition. He turned his head slightly to look at the water once more. "I never had the chance to see anything like this back home. I was walking around the woods when I noticed the trail lead off to here. I guess I was just drawn to it. It's really..." He paused, wondering if his next word was a little too cliche, but then he merely gave a mental shrug of sorts and went with it. "Beautiful."

____When Orpheus spoke again, Glave quirked his eyebrow for a moment. Who was the other man talking to? The young prince's eyes followed the other student's hand to see that someone, apparently called Aeryn, was hiding. The blonde spotted a tuft of hair like his own, but eyes like the sea. Was Glave... scary looking, or something? No, probably not. This Aeryn person was likely just shy. Once Orpheus properly introduced the lady behind him, Gallnen's prince offered a small 'ah' and politely bowed. "Hello," he said once he returned to a proper stance, "I'm Glave, a first year as well. Nice to meet you." Saying 'nice to meet you' was mostly a formality, really, given that, right now, he had met a shoulder with eyes and hair peeking out from it. Still, a friend of Orephus' was likely to be similarly nice, right?

((What is small to you is standard post length to me. :'D))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff