Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Dabbler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                  Alex smiled as Sinna introduced herself and Timbers. "I'm Alex, the other me is Sae, that's our older sister Kimiko, me and Sae's triplet Mina, and her husband Ocean." He pointed between each of his siblings and brother in law in turn as he introduced him. "Good to meet you Sinna, you too Timbers." He reached forward to pet Timbers on top of her head, but he wasn't sure how he'd take to the bird smell he inevitably gave off being what he was, so he moved slowly.

"We have whatever you might wanna eat. Fully stocked kitchen. I made the hell outta some lentil soup a little while ago, but we've got all kinds of stuff, the kitchen imps are great at what they do. Think about what you want and I'll be back in a sec, gotta get my sister her tea before she starts shouting again, she's kind of a b***h when she's sick." The whole time he talked, he was getting the tea tray put together. The three ceramic cups and pot were painted with the most effeminate lavender orchids, but he didn't seem phased by it one bit. He just dropped some tea leaves into a little mesh bag, dropped it into the pot, and filled it with water from the draft hose. He carried the tray with one hand and held his other hand on the lid of the teapot as he took it over to Mina, Ocean, and Sarah.

Sae started making a drink as Zinaida explained herself. She invited him to sit with her, and he shook his head. "In a little bit. We're short staffed and getting busy. My sisters will kill me. But yeah, this is the one and only Rose." Kimiko had taken a seat on one of the stools behind the bar and had a cigarette hanging out of her mouth as she wiped her .45 down with a soft cloth. Coupled with all of the random bullet wound scars on her arms and the scar that made up a permanent choker around the front of her neck, if it weren't for the shirt she wore that said 'Congratultions! You can read!' it probably would have been an intimidating sight. But that was the point.

Lupine Wolf

5,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sinna was a bit confused by his family but she shrugged it off and took a seat. Timbers was wagging his tail, happy to get a scratch on the head.

"Soup sounds nice actually."

She took Timbers off her head and placed him on the bar table. He sat there too wiggling his little paws for food.

"well, looks like we got ourselves into a interesting situation and its all your fault."

She tipped the bear over onto his back where he was stuck waving his pas in the air.

Divine Shapeshifter

27,325 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image

Zinaida sighed softly and gave Sae a nod, the usual sign of 'I understand', and simply leaned back into the seat awaiting a chance to order a drink. Her stomach did the dance of hunger as she begin to study the wall of bottles behind the bar, which was quite an impressive collection of spirits and the second largest holding the most unique she had seen in her lifetime. Zinaida drummed her fingers onto her stomach as it did a second round of it's dance and concluded she would need food as well so now the question of sticking to the diet she had going or splurge and get the fattening food she had grown to miss the last two years...salad no dressing, no cheese, no croutons...chili cheese fries, extra cripsy and extra cheese...veggie sandwich, no bread, no dressing...burger, two meats extra cheese and bacon...oh the choices that ran through her mind over the simple issue of eating.

Zinaida sighed again, this time a light frustration to the sigh as she changed from staring at bottles to looking down at her gold coins where she started to arrange them into different patterns and shapes while her mind kept fighting over healthy 'rabbit' type food or fattening 'man' food.

Friendly Dabbler

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                  Sae slid the drink across the bar to Zinaida when he finished making it. It was a lust, one of the drinks they used to order together. He just gave her a smile as Alex put the tray down in front of Mina and headed back around the bar. "So, lentil soup then? If you tell me what Timbers eats, I can get something for him too."

"You look hungry, Zi. Rabbit food or man food?" Sae asked, folding his arms over his chest as Kimiko continued to wipe her gun down and Mina started to pour the tea Alex had just set in front of her. She offered a cup and saucer forward to Sarah, then stuck another in front of Ocean. She somehow, despite her laid back position in the chair, strangely resembled Allassandra in that moment. Maybe it was the way she held her shoulders, despite being lounged against the back of the chair, or maybe it was the focused expression on her pale face. Or maybe it was the timeless look in her blue-gray eyes. Whatever it was, anyone who knew her mother would recognize the resemblance in that moment.

Allassandra came down the stairs again, her clothes changed and her hair freshly done, though it was too long for yet another style that she wanted to do, she could never cut her hair, and so she was forced to leave it to hang down over her right shoulder so that it reached just past her waist. She made her way to the stage, and once up there, picked up the mp3 player that was plugged into the sound system. Kimiko was to her feet and holstering her gun as quick as any human could manage. Allassandra didn't know the first thing, despite her attempts, about the technology that inhabited her home, though none of it scared her anymore, Kimiko was quick to save her the embarrassment of fumbling through making the music do as she wanted. It wasn't long before the redhead was leaned in close to her black haired daughter, trying yet again to understand how the small contraption worked as Kimiko lowered the volume. She made to touch the screen and only got her hand smacked by the other before being handed a microphone and being shooed towards the front of the stage.

She tapped a well manicured nail against the microphone, and the sound reverberated through the common room. Kimiko rolled her eyes from where she stayed near the sound system as Allassandra lifted the microphone, satisfied that it worked the way it was supposed to. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to the Black Rose Tavern and Inn as well as thank you for your patronage. I am Allassandra Vylos, original owner and founder, and I hope that the Rose can prove to be as suitable a home for as long as you need it as it's proven time and time again in raising my own four wonderful children, who make up most of the staff members you see around you." Kimiko, Alex, Sae, and Mina each lifted a hand when their mother gave a slow, sweeping motion with her hand around the room as she spoke. As always, Allassandra was eloquent and articulate. "I'm happy to announce that the Rose will be hosting a party very soon to celebrate the retirement of my dear friend Parry." She lifted her hand in Parry's direction as she said his name before lowering it again.

"There will be a raffle and a magic contest which, as everyone who's been here before knows, gods, goddesses, and other equal forms of deity are unfortunately not allowed to participate in, though if enough were to show interest-" "Boxing has its own weight classes, so does this, speed it up mom, folks are starting to fall asl-" Allassandra's perfect, bow-like lips curled into a grin as she gave a flick of her wrist in Kimiko's direction, telekinetically slapping her in the mouth as she'd done to Saevel earlier.

"Classes indeed, Kimiko..." She paused for a moment as Kimiko rubbed her cheek and put the other microphone down. "As I was saying, if enough of the higher deities were to show an interest in the magic contest, the Rose would be more than happy to oblige them as she does all of her guests. Of course, as is the custom any time the Rose hosts an event, all food and drink during the duration of the event are free of charge. If anyone has any questions about the party or is interested in performing, please don't hesitate to ask any member of the staff for assistance." She lowered the microphone as she dipped into a curtsy, bowing her head, then took it back over to Kimiko, who switched it off and set it aside, then turned the music back up.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxx
  • Sarah glanced over to the woman behind the bar as she alerted the blonde woman whose name was supposedly Mina that she had an ad answer. She certainly hadn't seen any ads, but it didn't matter regardless. She needed a job, and this seemed to be about as close as she could get so far. The platinum blonde Mina seemed excited, possibly more so than she even was, which was a bit stunning to see. Upon being beckoned, Sarah approached the table and seated herself across from Mina, keeping a pleasant smile for impression's sake. The man she had been speaking to before was apparently named Alex, for he was being told to get them tea, and rather loudly. The place certainly had a lot of energy to it, what with the noise level and amount of customers, but it was a good energy. She could tell almost instantly that it was a family business, and it almost made her feel special to even be considered for hire.

It didn't take long for Alex to bring the tea as he had been asked to do, and Sarah accepted the cup and saucer she had been offered with a polite thank you. The amount of focus on the woman's face as she sat in front of her was admittedly intimidating, and even though she appeared to be only a little older than herself, she seemed to carry herself with a more mature stature, which was almost terrifying to the girl.

Sarah was brought from her thoughts as a woman appeared on the stage, drawing her attention as soon as the music had been lowered in volume by the bartender. She went on to speak, and the manner she carried seemed to be very formal. Sarah suddenly felt as if she might be over her head, as she had never done a fancy thing in all her life. The attire of the woman was stunning, and the Black Rose Tavern and Inn as it had been called was absolutely stunning. It was unlikely she'd get the job wandering in with a broom as she did. But that was when she glanced towards the bartender. Congratulations! You can read! Well, as offensive as the shirt was intended to be, it actually made her feel a bit better. She was attempting to make it clear that she wasn't as nervous as she really was, but she wasn't sure she was doing well.

Sarah's attention was recaptured as it was announced there would be a retirement party, as well as a raffle and a magic contest. "Magic contest..." Her eyes glittered with interest as she murmured the words to herself. It was even more interesting to hear her mention gods and goddesses. Maybe this was her kind of place after all, as there seemed to be something definitely magical going on here. Once the woman retreated from the stage, she returned her attention towards Mina with a smile. "Hello, I'm Sarah." She greeted, only feeling right giving her name during an interview. "This place is so lovely. Are you the current owner?" It never hurt to make small talk, especially hearing that the regal woman on stage had been the original owner.

OUTFIT: xxx tab WITH: essentially everyone tab MOOD: nervous

• xxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lupine Wolf

5,600 Points
    • Member 100
    • Millionaire 200
    • Tycoon 200
    She nodded her head in agreement with the soup but waited till the announcement was over before speaking again. She had turned Timbers over onto his feet.

"He loves blueberries."

She did blush a bit at him.

"that contest sounds fun thought. even been in it?"

Friendly Dabbler

Mina thought of herself as anything but intimidating, she definitely didn't think she dressed like it, always in colorful tank tops and cut off shorts with playful jewelry and feathers in her silver-blonde hair. She ate another cracker as she listened to her mother talk over the sound system to the entire room. Party. Raffle. Magic Contest. Mina's mind was already putting things together, though knowing her mother, she already had the whole party planned out and just needed to call a staff meeting that didn't involve rolling a blunt which, to be perfectly honest, would still happen while Allassandra rambled on at them.

She picked her teacup up from the saucer on the table and took a sip, then made a face. Alex hadn't heated it enough. She reached forward, touching the tips of her fingers to Sarah's cup for a moment until the tea started to steam, then repeated the process with her own and Ocean's, then the teapot itself. She took another sip as Sarah introduced herself. "We are," She replied smiling as she lowered her teacup, holding it between the splayed fingers of one hand.

"I'm Mina, this is my husband Ocean. My mom," She pointed behind her to the redhead on the stage, "retired a few months ago and let us take it over as a wedding gift... So! Sarah! Great name, I like Sarah- what position are you looking to work? You cook? Clean?" An excited look took over her face. "Wait tables?! You're a witch, I can smell it on you, what kind of magic can you do?" She was probably asking too many questions at once, but, in reality, the Rose could be a busy place sometimes. Keeping up with Mina's questions was just a way to show you could handle it.

"Lentil soup and a bowl of blueberries coming right up." He didn't move from where he stood across the bar from her, watching her and Timbers. That little bear thing was cute. He laughed when Sinna asked if he'd done the magic contest before and nodded. "Once or twice, it's actually pretty fun. If you like to show off, it's a good way to get it out of your system." The bowl of soup, a bowl of blueberries, and a spoon materialized in front of Sinna.

Allassandra stepped down from the stage as the white haired pair of twins came away from their table and almost floated to her. Rian kissed the back of Allassandra's hand and she nodded respectfully in return to it and Eiri's similar nod of acknowledgement. From there, the three took off talking between each other as Kimiko hopped down off the stage with one of the microphones stuck in her back pocket.

Lupine Wolf

5,600 Points
    • Member 100
    • Millionaire 200
    • Tycoon 200
    the food appearing in front of her was a surprise. It Scared Timbers and bit but then he face palmed into the blueberries and started eating. She could only smile and giggle at the small bear.

"I am a bit of a show off but all i can use are the 4 elements. Is that allowed?"

She started eating the soup and found it extremely good.

"This is perrty good."

Quotable Genius

User Image

Mai's heart beat rapidly before she entered the door to the Black Rose. Her last job hadn't gone that well... Nor the one before. Okay, or the one before that--This was her chance! She had tried pet care and private tutoring and baking, but she had never been a waitress before. She fancied herself good with people... Well, she was about to find out.

She entered the Rose and smoothed her interview skirt. She was overcome with the sights and smells but moved deeper inside. Her eyes traveled over the tables and the bar in the back. She made her way to the closed off area before her. "H-hello. My name is Mai and I have come to look for--" she coughed uncomfortablly "--employment." She looked up at the girl there, shyly failing to project the confidence she was going for. "I hear I'm to ask for Mina?"

Divine Shapeshifter

27,325 Points
    • Budding Witch 250
    • Bookworm 100
    • Nerd 50
    User Image

"Chili cheese fries! Extra cheese, extra chili, crispy fries, and top it off with sour cream!"
    Zinaida barely let Sae finish his question about which type of food she wanted before almost shouting what she wanted. She blushed a little as she took into account that she probably sounded a little insane at how she answered...the tone, the timing, and the request.
    "Sorry Sae...didn't mean to bark at you."

Friendly Dabbler

T W E N T Y F O U R H O U R T I M E S K I P

Currently Serving:

Dinner Menu

Activities:

Karaoke
    Garden Access
    Magic Contest Registry

New day folks, in case you hadn't noticed. Time has no meaning here in the Rose, so you could just as easily be waking up in your respective rooms as you could already be hanging out at the bar again. As far as the garden goes, when I say "Garden Access" I mean to say the the more dangerous plants have been made dormant and its safe to go enjoy, be you customer or employee.

Friendly Dabbler

Mina was sitting at one of the tables nearest to the bar with the white haired twins. She had her journal on the table between them, and had clipped a polaroid of the pair to a page. She got up and moved around the table to put Rian between her and Eiri as she took the camera from around her neck. She took a picture of the three of them together, Rian looking perfectly calm and she and Eiri both smiling brightly. Whatever they'd been talking about for the past couple of hours had brought them closer.

Kimiko was sitting on a stool on the stage near the sound system. She'd already put the karaoke system together, though she didn't know why. No one ever got up there, but at least it made her job easy for the night. All she had to do was sit there and drink and have a cigarette. Today's shirt read "don't be sexist, bitches hate that." She put on Katy Perry to start with. Why? Because she could. She rolled her eyes upon seeing Alex and Sae playing that game where you have to take turns slapping each other's hands without looking down.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxx
  • Pre-timeskip;
    Sarah had taken note that the girl named Mina had heated her tea with only a simple touch, which she found very curious and fascinating all at the same time. It was certainly something she was going to keep note of. She soon had an answer for the question she had asked, and was a bit surprised to find that she and the gentleman she was seated with were the owners of the establishment. They didn't look to be much older than herself, but she was sure they owned it for a reason. And just as she thought, she was soon informed that it had been given to them as a wedding present. Ocean was definitely a... unique name, but she had little room to talk considering how she was. Besides, the couple seemed to be very nice.

As Sarah received a compliment on her name from Mina, she smiled to herself ready to murmur a polite thank you before the girl continued on to spew questions. She managed to process all the questions she had been asked, and counted out on her fingers as she proceeded to answer, "Any position; cooking, yes, cleaning, somewhat; wait tables, yes; and mostly conjuring and levitation, although I'm still in training so its not the greatest." After rambling all that off, she took a sip of her tea, finding the break necessary after spewing out so many words. So far, she was feeling good about this interview, considering how excited she seemed to have gotten about the fact that she was a witch. Hopefully, this was a place she could belong.

Post-timeskip;
    Sarah loved the Black Rose. She had only been there overnight so far, but she had gotten to stay in her own room to sleep, and it was just perfect. Even Oliver loved it. After speaking with Mina and Ocean over tea, she had become an official employee, which was thrilling to her. Her long awaited search was finally over once and for all, and now she could spend the rest of her year away from home doing productive things. Well, maybe not all productive things. She had caught whiff of a familiar scent once or twice during her stay, and she was hoping to find the source and possibly participate. God she hoped they didn't do drug tests on employees there. Her mother was a witch too, but specialized in herbology, so Sarah knew her plants pretty well. Still, that wasn't really on her mind as she descended the stairs, getting a good look at all that was going on. Seeing the identical men slapping each other's hands, she approached with a grin and said, "I challenge the winner."

OUTFIT: xxx tab WITH: Alex and Sae tab MOOD: excited

• xxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Friendly Dabbler

Both of the redheaded men looked over to Sarah as she approached the bar and challenged the winner. They smiled. The only really notable differences was that Sae's hair was longer and he was always clean shaven, while Alex's hair was shorter and he kept a short amount of scruff. "Haha alright." This was exactly the sort of thing that happened in the Rose when there, quite frankly, wasn't s**t else to do. They swatted at each other's hands a couple more times, each missing. "Family meeting in the kitchen before Ma comes downstairs?" "Hey now, that's Sarah's domain now, what if she doesn't want that s**t in there?" "Then we can go outside to the garden. You know Ma put the plants to sleep before she went to bed." Alex moved quick, getting Sae's hands so hard he slammed his hand down on one of the ice bins. "We should do it in the garden anyway! What do you think, Sarah? Wanna see the garden?" Alex held his hands out towards her, waiting for her to back up her challenge.

Shar came down the stairs slowly, wearing a dress gifted to her by Allassandra. It was the lightest shade of blue, to match her eyes, with intricate silver embroidery around the square cut collar and down the front of the bodice. All of her thigh length chestnut curls were let down and neatly combed so that the ends bounced lightly against the back of the long skirt. She wore an emotionless expression on her face as she looked around the room, taking everyone in. Instead of going to the bar, though, she went to the bookcases that lined the wall near the hearth and started to look over the spines of each book, choosing something to read as her fingers glided over each book while silently mouthing the titles to herself.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff