Event notices
Bugs
Maintenance issues
Contests
Reminders/notices about scams
Marketplace tax increase
Change in policy
NOT TO REPORT THE ADMIN FOR SPAMMING OUR INBOXES

Are you starting to see why we're so angry with you yet, Gaia?

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

What Gaia doesn't deem as announcement worthy is posted in the site updates.....though not every user is subscribed to that topic, but it is on the homepage for others to see. Then yet you would think those would qualify as community announcement worthy.....

Lightbringer

It's both sad and smart. I know a lot of people don't check announcements anymore, so a lot of people wouldn't be notified about those sorts of things. I'm not sure if dev notices are turned on by default, but I hope they are, given how important the stuff posted there is.

Quotable Prophet

Lashuri Chan
User Image ζɑʂɦʊɾȉ Ҁɦɑɳ User Image

What Gaia doesn't deem as announcement worthy is posted in the site updates.....though not every user is subscribed to that topic, but it is on the homepage for others to see. Then yet you would think those would qualify as community announcement worthy.....

And THAT'S what makes no sense! The Dev Alert/Site Update notices can be turned off, but announcements cannot. And of the two, the announcements are the ones that are spamming pointless plugs to get real world money while the Dev notices are fulfilling the original function of the announcements.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Bugs and maintenance issues are posted in Staff Notices because that thread was originally created FOR those. Panagrammic even said so himself in the OP of Staff Notices (then called Dev Notices). Eventually, it became a place to post about scam reminders/notices, to post about additional info about events (such as any changes or bugs that have come up) that event announcements haven't, contests, and the rest of the things you mentioned. and so it was changed from Dev Notices to Staff Updates.

Sparkly Vampire

They should have advertisements be a separate entity from announcements. A lot of the things that go into dev updates should be in announcements.

This website is a** backwards.

Demonic Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
it just irks me to know that they would never have it any other way cause any other way would mean we're not paying enough attention to the ways we could spend money buying cash.

like, literally everyone is asking for a way to opt out of these messages and announcements and i bet the higher ups are sitting somewhere thinking of ways to directly imprint the ads in our brains.

i just feel that they think any opportunity that allows us to NOT be constantly bombarded by GC related things is against their beliefs and way of life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff