Welcome to Gaia! ::

Colorful Cultist

Grey: #808080
Tan: #D19275
Red: #D73B3E

x - x - x - xTALOR, JEREMY P. EXISTENCE : ALT F4x - x - xx

User Image

/ /xx Location;; x Creative Writing Classxx xx Company;; x The Class, namely Sukeyxx/ / xx

xxx
            User Image

x
                                          x

As much as Jeremy really wanted to blame their teacher for this, he really couldn't, thinking over what Sukey had said. It wasn't like the teacher knew who got along and who didn't. And perhaps she expected a better response from her students over the news bomb she dropped on them a few days ago. Ms. Torqueo simply sat and watched everyone from her desk, maybe taking some kind of mental note on how everyone was getting along. And looking around, everyone seemed to be calming down, even if just a little bit. "Yeah, I guess.." Or perhaps if she knew just how everyone got along before assigning this, she would've partnered up the people who hated each other. In which case, Jeremy probably would've been with Laney or someone similar. So in a sense, he was a bit grateful that Ms. Torqueo hadn't a clue. This thought wasn't voiced though. His attention turned back to Sukey, who, like Jeremy now was, moved on.

Sukey admitted to wanting to get rid of her self-harm things while they were gone. It truly was great to see this step in person, instead of over a letter. Especially since Jeremy could now help more with the process. Sukey went through a bunch of options on disposing of it without her family seeing it. It was easy to forget that Sukey and Cameron were really twins. The two girls were practically polar opposites of one another. The latter was generally much more reserved, quieter than her counterpart. The main concern with each option was another animal getting to it, which really was a concern. Jeremy thought through some possibilities they could try. "Maybe burning it could work? Depending on what it is, throw it in a fire and melt it or something? If not, I'm sure there'd be some kind of touristy locked box thing somewhere. We could look around one day." Either could work, depending on exactly what it was, though it was really Sukey's final decision on how to handle this. Jeremy was simply there to help however he could.

Despite the seriousness to their prior words, Jeremy couldn't help a small laugh once she flicked him. "Oh don't dare deny that you liked said sap." He flicked her arm back, all in good sport. Never did he imagine that he'd act like this before anyone in this class. It caught him a bit off guard, as he really only talked like that to close friends and in his videos. He and Sukey were close friends though, and had been for a while, as he thought on that. She was probably the closest friend Jeremy had, in honesty. He nodded as she continued talking, smiling when she was through. She wouldn't be revealing his secrets anytime soon. "Thanks. I won't tell people yours either." It wasn't even his business to know her secrets, so he had to try and keep them as best he could. He thought to his parents for but a moment. If they knew everything he did, he wouldn't be seeing the light of day for a while, simply sitting up in his room on an electronic-less house arrest. "A lot of things are easier said than done. Though I mean... I only have two more years. Nearly a year, actually. But... Yeah. They shouldn't be able to keep pushing me towards stuff, but like you said: easier said than done." Despite the realism in the statement, he still smiled to Sukey. This assignment wasn't all that bad. He was able to vent, and perhaps found some solutions and a friend in the process. It seemed as though this trip wouldn't be all that bad.

xxx

Super Star

User ImageUser Image
тнє кιиɢ σғ cαмρυs
THERE MUST BE MORE TO LIFE THAN HAVING EVERYTHING

Shep sent a fleeting glance to Lorrie, who had, since her short interaction with them, gone to join her own pen pal. He supposed that she was the type of outcast that fit Marina’s disconnected life, though what Shep knew about her was limited. Just another weirdo from a lower rung.

Though, he had to admit he was a bit envious. He couldn’t describe anyone as ‘one of the greatest friends I’ve ever had’ because he kept all of his own friends at a safe distance. Half of his friendships were manufactured to keep up appearances, regardless of how he actually felt about the person. The other half were out of convenience, because he needed someone to party with or he needed to get along with the guys on the track team. But even then, he wondered if any of his friendships were real. Would anyone actually stand by him if they knew that his father was a criminal? Would they make fun of him for wanting to write instead of becoming a corrupt corporate cop out?

That was why he had been so enthusiastic about the pen pal project to begin with. In the world of lies and fakes that he’d dived into, a lot of honesty had been refreshing. Maybe it still could be. Finding out his pen pal’s true identity didn’t mean that he had to stop being honest with her. It would be difficult, of course, to talk freely to a real person instead of scribbling it all down for a faceless someone to read later. But he didn’t really need yet another friend who he couldn’t trust.

Shep’s smile broadened at Marina’s agreement. ”Great! I do like the sound of being your top priority,” he admitted shamelessly. ”It’s ah…it’s a little investigative journalism I tried out. I was thinking of submitting it to the school paper. Anonymously, of course. I won’t tell you what it’s about. It’ll be a surprise.” He shrugged. ”I never had the mind for all that other creative stuff. I’m not like a poet or someone who can write crazy adventure fantasy or whatever. I bet you could write something pretty epic though.”

♛♛♛♛♛

Anxious Phantom

User ImageUser Image
░░░░░░░ BUT IM ONLY HUMAN ░░░░░░░

Who: Multiple People<Jason Where: Creative Writing Class Plaid and Pleather OOC: It's trash, but at least the layout is pretty //explodes.Edited: This post had some coding issues //wonk

Lorrie stared concerned when she saw the tear drop fall, but smiled as she heard his words. She smiled a little more brightly now and listened to him speak. She laughed when he called her an Aussie. She knew some Australians took it offensively, but she could firmly say she wasn't one of them. She continued to smile as she listened, he said that there was no reason to thank her, but oh there was. She ran her fingers through her hair listening,"Well I'm glad we are both grateful for having each other haha. I'm always glad to listen, just don't use me as a door mat to much kay?" she winked and laughed again.

Then he introduced himself fully, she smiled. "It's nice to formally meet you! I told you my name already right? Pretty sure I did, but what-the-hell-ever. And long walks on the beach and picnics? Well we have ourselves a swooner don't we?" She laughed grinning, she looked at all the other "pairs" whatever you would call it. Then back at him again giving him her full attention. "Sometimes I feel a little too human haha. Yeah it was nice telling everything to you, I mean.. I've laid it pretty low this year. You and Marina are the only ones who know my truth really.. I mean... all of it." She sighed, and looked out the window watching some of the drops slide down the window. "I feel like that raindrop sometimes.. just sliding by." She looked back at him, "Anyways."

She smiled at him saying that they could be roommates on the trip. She gasped and her voice got a bit higher pitched and with sarcasm splattered all over it,"Sharing a room with a boy! How indecent! I've never heard of such an outlandish thing!" She laughed her voice going back to normal, "I honestly don't care. I've woken up naked on the beaches in Sydney. I'm not shy about myself so, if we do. I walk around in my underwear and this is a fair warning."She laughed, she was totally serious about it though, she had woken up on a beach naked and she does walk around her house in her underwear, she had nothing to really hide. She was comfortable in her body and no boy could make her squeamish about it really.

She listened and her eyes seemed to shimmer when he said he needed help outfit wise,"Of course i'll help you. I'm not rude, plus. I love talking clothes so i'm excited! haha." She fixed her beanie and yawned, "Coffee would be an amazing thing right now." she groaned. She started to think about all the things that she could take with her, she yawned again. She needed to start packing.. she was kind of late on that one. She huffed and stared at him, "I'm really excited for this trip though... it seems like a lot of fun. And Some Vacation would be amazing."

Astro_Galactic
Addressed.

Quote:

Quote:

Offensive Kitten

13,865 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
xxx
xxx

User Image
                                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ⊰ ⋮ ιғ ι cᴏuʟᴅ sᴀʏ ᴛнᴇ ᴛнιɴɢs ι wᴀɴᴛ ᴛo sᴀʏ, ιᴅ ғιɴᴅ ᴀ wᴀʏ ᴛo ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏou sᴛᴀʏ. ιᴅ ɴᴇνᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏu ɢᴇᴛ ᴀwᴀʏ, cᴀᴛcн ʏou ιɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴛнᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇs wᴇ ᴘʟᴀʏ ⋮ ⊱

User Image

x 》 》 T I M E X G O E S -- X M O R N I N G X C O M E S

xxxxx ⊰ ⋮ class yesterday feels like a distant dream, but when you remember that it's the day of long-planned
                                                          xxxxxxxtt beach trip it all becomes reality again. whether that is unfortunate or not, i don't know. here's the seating
                                                          xxxxxxxtt arrangement for the bus (feel free to move around). roommates are pending.

xxxxx ⊰ ⋮ seatmates (based on a list randomizer)

xxxxxxxxxxtcolumn 1 xxxxxxxxxxxx column 2

xxxxxxxttanastasia - lorrie xxxxxx cameron - jason
                                                          xxxxxxxttmariah - laney xxxxxxxx jeremy - jack
                                                          xxxxxxxttshepley - xavier xxxxxxx sukey - marina

xxxxxxxttfriendly reminder that your teacher told you at the end of class to pack one thing that you want get rid of.
                                                          xxxxxxxttsomething that says something to you that you don't want anymore.

Offensive Kitten

13,865 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

xxxxx x x x x x S U K E Y x M C G O W E N x
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                                              x》 》 ❛ THEY TRY TO SAVE ME x BUT I'M TOO FAR x Gx Ox Nx E
                                                                                      A N D xxxxx T H E Y xxxxx C A L L xxxxx M E xxxxx C R A Z Y
                                                                                          xx ---- X S O X I X P L A Y X A L O N G X ----
                                                                                  xAND x YOU x WANT x TO x CHANGE x ME x BUT x IM x ON x MY x OWN

User Image

All she packed was the necessities, she told herself. She had told herself that all last night as she was filling her bags with hair-dye, a water-gun, a magnet, a flask filled with bourbon that she robbed from her mom's special shelf, and body paint. Now many would see this as over-packing and being over-prepared, but Sukey knew that everything she had with her had a purpose that would be served on this trip. If anyone thought she wouldn't cause some sort of war on this trip -- an isolated trip with one teacher and her student assistant -- they were wrong. Sukey was ready to put on her war paint and wreak havoc. It wasn't like she could be stopped.

Her clothes, undergarments, and swimsuit all sat over the extra items. The two things she hadn't yet packed that morning was her acoustic guitar and the small wooden box she had locked her razors in. Her teacher had said to bring something they wanted to get rid of. Something that said something they didn't want anymore. She would have taken Jeremy's suggestion to burn them, but then her teacher voiced what she wanted to be packed and that was that. And it was time. Time to get rid of them. A part of her -- the addict part -- told her to open the box and stash them away again in case she had a rainy day. But the part that wanted to get better -- the one that was tired of relapsing and making excuses -- kept the box closed. It was the part that made her toss the key in the garbage.

So that morning, when she got up from bed, she finally zipped the box into her bag and didn't think twice. From there, she zipped up her guitar and left. Along with Cameron, she was driven to the front of her high school and dropped off. She kissed both her parents on the cheek and wave goodbye as they drove off.

Sukey looked at the rather small bus parked in front of the school and squinted her eyes. The early morning sun had never been her friend. She was a night owl, through and through.

She handed her luggage to her teacher, who she assumed would also be driving them since Sukey saw no sign of another possible option. The student assistant maybe, but he hardly looked capable of anything this morning.

As she walked around to the open door of the bus, she was informed that she was to sit on the outside of the last row, second column. Happily, she assumed her seat and thought of the first thing she would do upon their arrival at the beach. She could go for a swim or take a nap, but Sukey thought that perhaps there was something planned. If her teacher had been able to plan the months of letter-writing and reveal, then surely she had planned something for this trip. Whatever it was, Sukey couldn't wait to ******** it all up. This dumb-a** teacher isn't the only one who can plan ahead, she thought as she put her guitar case on the compartment over head.

If everyone missed the wide smile on the Sukey's face and the insistent tapping of her foot at this time of morning, then nobody would expect anything.

And this was her without coffee or alcohol in her system. It was quite possible that sober Sukey was much more of handful than drunk or caffeinated Sukey ever could be.

Thinking about it, Sukey couldn't remember the last time she was intoxicated. Not because she blacked out, but because it had been awhile. Maybe this trip could change that. She would have to find a way to do it without her teacher finding out or her drowning in the water when no one's looking.

Not many would guess it, but drunk Sukey was way more honest and way more sensual. It was that part that was making her quite indecisive about whether she wanted to get hammered on this trip or not. One, she didn't want to spill her guts about what she knew. Not just about herself, but about Jeremy. Last thing he needed was her drunkenly confessing that he could tap-dance and that Marina made him swoon. The sap really didn't need it. She couldn't do that to him, not when he was probably the closest friend she had. And two, she didn't want this trip to lead to teenage drama and awkward tension. She didn't give a s**t if she slept with anybody at all. It was no one's business if she did. It was just the aftermath she was worried about. It was also the fact that nobody in her class was particularly appealing to her tastes at the moment.

Hmm, there's another thing. Feelings and romance could ensue.

Just ******** great.

Genius

7,400 Points
    • Millionaire 200
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Flatterer 200
    User Image
    User Image

YOU SIGH LOOK AWAY
                                                      i can see it clear as dayxxxi can see it clear as day
                                                      CLOSE YOUR EYES SO AFRAID
                                                      ⊰↻xxHIDExx BEHINDxxTHATxx BABYxx FACE

Surprisingly enough, Marina had gotten along with Shepley better then she thought she would have. At first, she hadn’t known what to think of him, besides the secrets he wrote about. She knew what he was going through, but she didn’t what kind of person he was like because of what he gone through. But now she could admit that he was a sweet and smart guy who seemed like he hadn’t changed who he was, despite his father being a criminal. Marina had wished she could have done the same. She wished she could have been at least half as strong as he was when it came to her incident. Maybe it was ridiculous thinking such a thing when both situations were so different, but Marina couldn’t help it. She couldn’t help but blame herself constantly for what had happened to her. Her mind always thought back to it and how she could have prevented it, or stopped him or something of the sort.

She smiled at Shepley’s comment. Marina really started to care about him. Of course she cared about him and his wellbeing in the letters, but even after finding out whom he was, she still continued to care about him. It was complicated, but Marina felt like she had some kind of connection with him, even if they weren’t necessarily friends. She wanted to be there for him, she wanted to help him with his problems and just do stuff that friends do, even if somehow they couldn’t end up being friends. She really wished the two of them would though. Her face turned into a frown. It was understandable as to why Shepley wanted to keep his article anonymous, but Marina wish he wouldn’t. He should have been able to write an article, sign his name on it and submit it to the school newspaper without his peers judging him for it. “I think that’s a great idea.” She wanted to tell him to not leave his article anonymous, but she didn’t want to push his buttons either. Just submitting the article to the school in the first place would be a big step. “You should keep a portfolio of all your article’s too, it will help you in the future.”

A chuckle erupted through her throat. Marina really enjoyed writing, but she never believed she was good at it. She read so many good books where the author’s made you feel a specific way that was unexplainable and manipulated words to write beautiful pieces of literature. Marina felt as though she would never be able to do something like that, besides she had nothing to write about. Well, there was the option of her writing about the incident. It probably would have been a decent enough piece of writing that had a lot of emotions wrapped around it, but she knew it wouldn’t have really been a good idea. “Oh no, you got it wrong, I’m not a good writer at all. I enjoy writing, but my stuff isn’t good enough for, well anything really…”

timeskip:

Soon enough, it had already become the day where every student and their pen pals were going to the beach. It was early in the morning and Marina had trouble deciding what she was going to pack, Mrs. Torqueo hadn’t given them many details on what was going to go on during the trip or what they should bring. The only thing that their teacher had been clear about was to bring something that they didn’t want anymore, so Marina brought her diary. It might seem weird for her to bring her diary, but after the incident, that was all Marina wrote about in it. She wanted to move on from it, she wanted to not be scared anymore, she wanted to able to open herself up and be normal again. And she felt that maybe throwing away or even potentially burning her diary would help her take the necessary step to doing so.

After packing the things that Marina thought would be needed for the trip, she quickly made her way to school where the bus was going to be. She couldn’t deny that she was quite excited for what the trip had in store. They were all going to be missing multiple days of school to go to a beach, which alone was enough to get her excited. A plus would be that she could possibly find time to talk to Jeremy about something other than the book he was reading. And she could spend time with Shepley as well and possibly go more in depth with each other’s secrets, if that was even possible. This trip had held so many possibilities as to what could happen and Marina could hardly wait. When she had finally arrived, she handed her luggage to her teacher and was to be seated outside of the last row, the second column. As Marina made her way towards her seat, she noticed purple hair and grew rather nervous. She didn’t necessarily have a problem with Sukey, she was just intimidating to the quiet girl. Always saying whatever she thought and even putting people down at times. Marina was definitely afraid to push her buttons, so instead of saying a word, she plopped down in the seat next to hers and kept quiet, looking down at her hands in the meantime.

OOC: i apologize if this post is crappy, it's 1 in the morning here and i am brain dead

Genius

7,400 Points
    • Millionaire 200
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Flatterer 200
                        User Image
                        User Image

things have never felt so swell
                                                      xxxxxxxxx(xxi have never felt this wellxx)
                                                      PAIN! PAIN! PAIN!
                                                      you know you're right
                                                      you know you're right
                                                      you know you're right

• Jack couldn’t help but let out a chuckle when Cameron told him about her father. It was a funny image to imagine, this big, tough biker guy making sandwiches for his kids while his small hippie wife is busy attending to other things. Weirdly enough, he kind of wanted to meet their father. Merely just so he could see the sight for himself. “Your parents sound like a blast. I wish my parents were like that.” He paused. “Mine are just so average but don’t get wrong, I love them to death but things just sound way more lively in your house.” And who wouldn’t like a little bit of excitement in their household?

A smile couldn’t help but appear on Jack’s face when Cameron told him about getting sandwiches for the trip. He was already excited for the trip, going to the beach and all, but thinking about the sandwiches got him even more excited. “Oh c’mon, you seriously believe that you don’t find this face attractive? Like seriously, look at me. I’m like the epitome of perfection.” Of course Jack was just playing around with them, he thought the complete opposite of everything he had said. It was just Jack being playful and keeping up his image in the slightest way. Now that he thought about it, having Cameron as his pen pal was pretty nice. He hadn’t really thought that the two of them would get along at first, but it seemed like they were doing okay. If he were to have anyone else as his pen pal, he could tell that it wouldn’t end well. Practically everyone in the school hated him and they all thought he was a d**k, but Cameron was more understanding then the rest of them. Sure, they probably thought he was a total d**k when his name was called out and couldn’t imagine the nice guy in the letters could be him, but Cameron could tell, even the slightest bit that it was a façade and Jack was relived to see that.

timeskip:

Even though Jack highly valued sleeping in until the very last minute possible, he had woken up early. Maybe a little too early, but he couldn’t help it. He had been waiting for this day to come ever since Mrs. Torqueo had announced they would be going to the beach. Now don’t get him wrong, Jack isn’t necessarily the biggest fan of being at the beach, but he had enjoyed the idea of missing school. It was also a good way for him to catch a break from all the s**t that was really getting to him, especially Mr. Power who was practically harassing the kid to find out when he would be finishing up his new song. Which reminded him that he had to bring his acoustic guitar. He could already imagine it now, sitting by the ocean with the tide coming in while the sun was about to set, strumming one of his favourite songs. This trip was going to be great.

Jack continued by packing some miscellaneous items that he probably wouldn’t even need, but brought them regardless. He smiled in triumph, quite proud that he had packed his whole most of his luggage by himself. Before leaving to go to school, he made himself a small breakfast, not wanting to go overboard since he wasn’t all that hungry and he packed himself some snacks for the bus ride. Who knew how long the ride was going to take? As he arrived, Jack gave his luggage to Mrs. Torqueo and took his designated seat that she assigned him. While making his way to his seat, he was quite disappointed to see little to no people on the bus, but then again it was really early. He took his seat by the window, plugged in his earphones to his phone and closed his eyes, doing the best he can to try and catch some sleep that he missed by being too excited for the trip.

OOC:

Colorful Cultist

User Image

/ /xx Location;; x Creative Writing Classxx xx Company;; x Sukey, Marina, Jackxx/ / xx

xxx
              User Image

x
                                            x

Jeremy had packed just about everything the night before leaving. Swimtrunks, clothes, contact lenses and whatever else he needed, but his parents almost didn't let him go! Spending over a week at the beach and falling behind in school and extra studies made them call up the school and keep them on the phone for a while asking about this trip. While strained arguments went on on the phone downstairs, Jeremy went through his room figuring out what to bring. She had said to bring one thing to get rid of during the trip. Something from the old them. That thought took him to the depths of his closet, where a manila envelope rested. His old run-away things. The letters never left on the table and the plans never set in motion. After looking through a few of them, the folder was shoved to the bottom of his bag, buried under his things. He made sure to bring his laptop and dance shoes, in case he had time or got a bit stressed. He felt a lot better, even getting his book synopsis taping done while his parents were at work that night. All that needed to get done with the video was editing, which he could do on the bus ride, and maybe even work through another book once he got there.

The morning arrived quickly, as Jeremy finally found the will to fall asleep. After that 3rd period class, he had felt so much better about things. As his parents drove him to the front of the school, they told him of everything he needed do, and of how much they protested this trip. Work on this while he was gone. He had a lot to catch up on. Keep looking over French. Wonders about this being legal. About how he'd be a lawyer on day. Though on this car ride, Jeremy didn't really listen, opting to just look out the window and dream. Perhaps he'd stand up to his parents someday, or tell Marina how he felt. Get on a plane someday, not to escape, but just to see the world. He'd only been outside of the country one time, and it was the time of his life. His feet tapped on the car floor as he itched to ditch the car and get away from all their expectations.

When Jeremy arrived at the school, his parents just drove away, not that he really minded. His luggage - save his laptop bag and a new book - was given to Ms. Torqueo, who directed him to a specific seat. He wasn't exactly expecting to be sitting next to someone, but assumed it was next to Sukey until he got on the bus. Nope. It was Jack. 'Well no editing then...' he thought, moving to his place and putting the bag in the overhead compartment. It was useless to keep it idly in his lap the whole time if Jack was just going to look over at everything he did. He'd probably ask what it was about and try and go through it or something. He quickly gave a smile to Sukey and Marina before taking his seat beside the napping jerk. The latter lady was on his back corner, so chatting with her would be difficult. Granted, talking to Marina in front of Jack and everyone didn't seem too optimal anyhow, with his stuttering and what not. At least he'd have his penpal to talk to. Oddly enough, he didn't feel too nervous with Sukey and Marina next to each other. He certainly trusted her, there was no doubt about that. Ignoring Jack to let him sleep, he set himself up to listen to music and figure things out with some of his friends. He was blowing them off yet again for this trip, but they would just have to deal with it. He wasn't too keen on beaches, but he wouldn't mind chilling out on the sand with a soda and some music, perhaps a new something or other to read. And of course, there was no forgetting hotel wifi. If he ever got bored or if it was too hot or something, he could play online with his friends. His week here seemed to be set... Unless Ms. Torqueo had something planned. Considering she had them bring that extra stuff pertaining to them, she probably did. He'd have to follow it, which sadly meant less time for the gaming and dancing and video stuff he wanted to accomplish on this little class vacation. Yet again his feet rhythmically tapped against the floor as he turned to look to Sukey and pulled out an earbud. "Do you know how far away this place is?" he asked her quietly, trying to mind Jack. He couldn't help but take a glance over to Marina, though quickly brought his attention back to Sukey. "I was sort of hoping to get some stuff done on the way there, however it doesn't seem too likely from where I stand, err, sit, I suppose is the word. So I can't help but wonder." He refrained from bring Jack into this, be it through looks or words, but maybe Sukey would kind of understand what he meant. It wasn't his fault really, but he wasn't too close to the guy; he was honestly a d**k to just about everyone he met, and probably the people he didn't know too.

xxx

Bashful Gawker

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
    User Image

ooc: TIME SKIP!xxxlocation: classroom -> home -> busxxxwith: everyone

"Gurl, let. Me. Tell. You! If I had your body I wouldn't be ashamed either. I have too lanky of a figure. I enjoy clothing my skin in comfy clothes. It helps me sleep at night" Jason explained, trying hard to fit back the urge to act in a sassy manner. It was his natural instinct to act like a stereotypical homosexual as a fall back from what he really was. His brain was having trouble comprehending the fact that someone was actually talking to him and accepting him completely. No judgement. No name calling. Nothing. It felt great, but on the same token he felt cautious. Jason smiled a toothy grin at Lorrie's sarcastic reply to his earlier question. She definetely was going to be an interesting person to quaint himself with. She had a soft, friendly air that made him feel welcomed.

He noted another yawn that left her tired frame. Leaving a home so far away must've been difficult, but Jason didn't know how to address it. He wasn't quite sure if she was tired in a cryptic way, or actually sleepy due to the time shifts. The young brunette decided to move away from further debate. He wasn't going to pry. "I'm excited for the beach!" he exclaimed, glancing out the window "Who knows what could happen out there... I can just imagine how romantic it'd be out there. Candles, moonlight, and an ocean at night! There's also the warm sand, the flora and fauna. I mean, I'd also have you there and you're not too bad to hang with." This last part was followed by a playful wink.

The class period went on like that. Jason felt more and more at ease with this assignment. There wasn't any reason to fret at all! Or not that he expected..

--- timeskip ---

The following morning was a misty haze of grotesque moans because Jason was at another standstill. He packed his bag, dumped its contents, then repacked to make sure everything matched. "IT ISN'T WORKING" he screamed in his lonely house. Jason couldn't believe he had forgotten to take something worth leaving behind at the beach. Something that should be left behind. But what?! It was a loss cause. Jason was kind of a hoarder for the most part, and the fact that there wasn't anything to get rid of bothered him. He didn't want to get rid of his necessities, his clothes, or whatever other items laying sprawled along his floor. Pacing, Jason tapped at his chin, walking in his boxers and a loose T-shirt. His hair was a brown nest that matched the chaotic look of distress on his face. There wasn't anything to le-

"Oh..."

Jason froze in his step, remembering something painful that he never got rid of: his baseball glove. It was the only gender reflecting item he had that came from his father. The satan of Jason's life. When the male was ten years old, his father gave him a baseball glove to get into a sport that the man held dear to his heart. However, Jason threw it to the side in rebellion and said no. This action was not received with good graces. Long story short, Jason had bruises for months. The fact that he hadn't thrown the thing away was his reasoning because he was afraid of furthering his father's disappointment in him. There still was that paranoia. How would the old man know anyways? He'd figure it out in a heartbeat... No. His dad never asked about it though. These were the kind of conflicting thoughts that Jason had. He wasn't sure whether it was a good idea or not. Shaking his head, Jason left the glove where it was. It stung too much to even think about. Instead, Jason packed his all time favorite pair of sunglasses. They were perfect for hiding any look of sadness, and they went with pretty much everything.

Hours passed, but Jason finally got situated. He drove himself to the school, took out his suitcase and put away the luggage to get himself onto the bus. His seat partner was Cameron, the quiet twin to the riot of a female. Jason shrugged. She seemed decent enough so he wouldn't complain. Without another word, he sat down amongst the few who already shown up. Deep down though, Jason looked forward to seeing Lorrie. He didn't care if the pink haired girl wasn't next to him. His only concern was that she wouldn't actually show up! She was comfort in the form of a human. He needed her because everyone else seemed in their own conversations which seemed to alienate the lad in his seat. Glancing back, he noticed everyone in their own little worlds. Lifting up his head, Jason lowered his glasses and looked at Marina and Sukey. They seemed like a pair meant to contrast heavily on a scale of quiet to crazy. He merely laughed, and looked at Sukey. "Someone's excited for the trip..." he commented, taking note of her agitated apperance.

Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real...

Offensive Kitten

13,865 Points
    • Invisibility 100
    • Mark Twain 100
    • Megathread 100
      User Image

x x x C A M E R O N x M C G O W E N
                                                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                                            xxxxx ★ 》 YOU HAVE ALWAYS WORN YOUR FLAWS UPON YOUR SLEEVE AND I HAVE ALWAYS
                                                                            xxxxxxxxxBURIED THEM DEEP BENEATH THE GROUND X --- X D I G X T H E M X U P !!

User Image

Cameron quite frankly was ******** tired, but they were much more willing to get out of bed than before. All their stuff was packed and ready from the night before. Their bag was much more lighter than Sukey's too, which Cameron had seen being filled with things that could only be to cause mischief. People always see twins as mischief duos, but it seemed in this pair, the only person up to no good was the head of purple hair. Cameron refused to take any part in it. They saw nothing, they knew nothing and they wanted to keep it that way. Though they had been quite curious about the box. It was only thing that had been left unpacked until morning.

Cameron imagined it was the thing Sukey planned on getting rid of, because the thing Cameron wanted to get rid of was also the last thing they packed. It was a small pink slip. A detention slip that hadn't been assigned to Cameron, but to their sister. It was from the day after the kids cut Cameron's hair. It was the day Sukey beat up those kids and put glue in somebody's hair so they would have to cut it too. Cameron didn't know why they kept it, but they did and now they wanted it gone.

They didn't want to be stuck, having to protected over and over again. What was more symbolic to them than this? Burning a piece of clothing would be like rewinding the tape titled their life, back to when they burned any masculine article of clothing they had. This trip, they thought, was about moving forward.

Cameron followed Sukey quietly onto the bus after kissing their parents goodbye, and took their designated seat at the front.

When Jack got on shortly after, Cameron smiled and ducked down to grab the bag at their feet. Inside of it was a sandwichs, all carefully wrapped so they wouldn't go stale or something.

Cameron grabbed two and turned around in their seat, tossing one onto Jack's lap. They didn't know at point it was, but they didn't care if they were bothering their pen-pal. Annoying or not, they knew Jack liked the sandwichs so sandwichs he would get.

"Told you I would bring them," they said happily, unwrapping their own and biting into it. "By the way, my dad says he's happy you like his sandwichs so much."

This sandwich thing felt like an after school special for some odd reason.

Hearing Jason's comment about Sukey beside them, Cameron turned their attention to their twin. There was trouble written all over that face. It was in the smile and the insistent foot tapping. There was just a sparkle of mischief in everything about Sukey right now.

Once again, Cameron repeated to them self a single phrase that has been said since Cameron could actually speak: They saw nothing, they knew nothing and they wanted to keep it that way. It was the only way they stayed out of trouble throughout their years of high school.

User Image

Offensive Kitten

13,865 Points
    • Invisibility 100
    • Mark Twain 100
    • Megathread 100

xxxxx x x x x x S U K E Y x M C G O W E N x
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                                                                x》 》 ❛ THEY TRY TO SAVE ME x BUT I'M TOO FAR x Gx Ox Nx E
                                                                                        A N D xxxxx T H E Y xxxxx C A L L xxxxx M E xxxxx C R A Z Y
                                                                                            xx ---- X S O X I X P L A Y X A L O N G X ----
                                                                                    xAND x YOU x WANT x TO x CHANGE x ME x BUT x IM x ON x MY x OWN

User Image

Sukey pulled her phone out -- headphone chords wrapped around it carefully. There was nothing more annoying than tangled wires. Her headphones were the exact ones people used in studios. The sound was amazing to say the least.

She pressed the shuffle button and the first song that came up was Cross My Heart by Forever The Sickest Kids. The first line basically encompassed almost every pop punk song in history. I hate this town, gotta get outta here. There were so many songs about leaving town and doing something -- or love -- but they were all true for a lot of people. To just leave everything behind to do what you love, or to get away from the shitty place you live in because everyone around you ******** sucks.

Sukey wanted to do that. She couldn't wait till high school was over. Right now, she was usually just playing on the street for extra cash or doing open mic nights at local coffee shops, hoping that an agent of some sort would be in the right place at the right time and take her away. But of course, that's not how life works. After high school though, that's when she would start using the money she's been saving to rent out a studio and make herself a demo to send in to any record company that she could find the address of.

She glanced over at her seat partner, Marina, and couldn't suppress the smirk on her face when she then notice Jeremy taking a seat in the row in front of him.

Sukey pulled her headphones down so they hung around her neck.

"Hey," she said, noticing that the music had been awfully loud, but oh well. "Between two to three hour drive, I'm assuming."

Sukey nodded, peaking over at Jack, who had his eyes closed and headphones in. It would be troublesome to get stuff done with someone like Jack next to him. Cameron got along with him, but it would be another story with anyone else. He was probably nice to her because she knew s**t about him, but whatever.

"Do you wanna switch seats then? Marina wouldn't mind, would you Marina?"
                                                                        Sukey suggested. "And Torture Teacher doesn't get a say."

She stood up, shifting out of her seat into the isle. She turned her attention briefly to Jason.

"You don't know the half of it," she said smiling, sitting on the arm rest of an empty seat as she waited for Jeremy.

Super Star

User ImageUser Image
      тнє кιиɢ σғ cαмρυs
      THERE MUST BE MORE TO LIFE THAN HAVING EVERYTHING

Marina was tuning out to be exactly the supportive person he'd gotten to know in their correspondence. Having someone encourage his writing instead of tear it down as a waste of his time brought on a weird but welcome feeling. ”A portfolio, huh?” Shepley repeated thoughtfully. It really was a good idea. His work was all hidden, ideas and obscure writing intermittently woven between pages of history or biology notes. Assignments from creative writing class were deeply embedded in different folders of his laptop, and his letters to and from Marina were buried in the back of his closet where his mom wouldn’t go snooping. Maybe it was safer to keep everything separated, but if he ever did work up the guts to apply for some position in journalism it would take forever to scrounge up a collection of decent writing. ”Yeah, I might do that.”

Marina’s laugh drew a shrug from Shepley. He could only assume that she was in the class for fun. She didn’t seem the type to take it for the easy A. Her letters had a hint of elegance that, along with her penchant for reading, lead Shepley to believe that she would be an effective writer. ”So modest,” he hummed with a smile, drumming his fingers on the desk quietly, "I'm not used to that."

~~

Shepley was awake early the next morning, partially out of habit, and partially from excitement. During his morning run, thoughts of the upcoming trip filtered through his regular concentration. True, his usual friends wouldn’t be around and it wouldn’t be the kind of party he would otherwise attend, but he’d managed to optimistically focus on all of the pros of being away. An all-expenses paid vacation the beach would let him have a break from the regular stress of worrying about money. He didn’t know or like everyone in the class, but he’d have Laney, who could make it all worth it if he could catch her in a bikini even once in the two weeks they’d be there. If he needed a friend he could yank Jeremy away from whatever nerd s**t he would probably be doing and demand guy time. Despite his ‘lower class’, Jeremy was actually a pretty cool guy, and hadn’t failed him yet in helping with his studies. It was Shep’s turn to be the teacher now, and get him to loosen up and have some fun.

Then there was Marina. He’d gotten along with her perfectly, which meant that the time he would be forced to spend with her would be welcomed. His trivial worries over her identity the day before had been silly, he now realized. He should have known from her letters that she wasn’t going to be one of the bolder, chatty gals in the class, who might let his secrets slip out. It actually felt good for her to know him and vice versa; in fact, it was a relief. Not only could he be himself around her, free of restraints and secrets, but he could be there for her now when he couldn’t before.

By the time he returned home from his run, his brother was sitting at the kitchen table, groggily eating a bowl of cereal, while his mother sipped on coffee as she read the morning paper. Shep stopped, picking up the pile of envelopes on corner of the table.

”Final warning?” he said, his intonation suggesting a question when there was no uncertainty. He shot a concerned look to his mother, who didn’t seem worried at all. ”Mom…are we losing the house?”

“Don’t worry. I have it handled,” she replied back, dismissively. Shep dropped the envelopes back on the table, though his lips fell into a frown. “I’m serious, Shepley. I’m going to the bank today.”

”Alright, alright,” he mumbled. As a parent she wouldn't let him get involved in her troubles, but as a son, Shep couldn't keep himself out of them. But he would have to trust her for now. With a sigh, he snatched his brother’s bowl of cereal and stole it away to his room, followed all the way by the younger sibling’s shouted complaints.

He was already packed, so it wasn’t long before he’d gathered everything he needed and headed to school. As he climbed into the bus, others were already seated or chatting. He paused before he got to his seat, unable to pass with Sukey blocking his path as she and the others figured out some sort of seating arrangement. He leaned a hip against the seat beside him – occupied by Cameron – and stared at Sukey with a lazy grin. "Causing drama early today, Blueberry?" he asked playfully, his words and smile more friendly than his real intentions. He looked down at Cameron next to him, considered for a second, then winked. "Maybe I should just sit on your lap while they figure things out, huh?"

♛♛♛♛♛

Colorful Cultist

User Image

/ /xx Location;; x Creative Writing Classxx xx Company;; x Sukey, Marina, Jack, Jasonxx/ / xx

xxx
                User Image

x
                                              x

Two to three hours!? Jeremy sighed at the news. He wasn't one to enjoy long car rides very much. He liked having the freedom to move around when he pleased, a freedom taken away in lengthy road trips like this one. Sukey's music blared from her headphones. Some song that Jeremy didn't recognize; it wasn't the kind of music he ever listened to. It was still so strange how two people as different a he and Sukey could have ended up so interestingly close. "Alright, thanks. Guess I'll work later or something." Though that wasn't the end of it. Nope, not by a long shot. Sukey offered to switch seats so he could get work done. Of course Jeremy saw through that instantly. It was all to sit him by Marina. So this whole helping thing would be starting now it seemed. "Uh... Sure, I guess," He looked over to Marina and quickly added, "if you don't mind... of course." Though Sukey was already standing up waiting to take his seat. He grabbed his book and stood also, sliding through the aisle and taking the seat just behind him. Shepley had gotten on board and started talking to Cameron, probably having been waiting on him and Sukey to move. Jeremy felt a bit bad, though tried not to let the feeling linger too long. Shep probably wouldn't mind all too much, hopefully.

"Thanks," he said to Sukey, though he wasn't entirely sure for what. He'd be tripping over words with Marina for three hours now, and the people around him would be able to easily hear. That part was absolutely unnerving. But at least he was sitting by Marina and not Jack. Jack was among the people who made fun of him when he found the time to do so. Another thorn in his side that at least didn't have to be beside him for the next few hours. Speaking of Jack, Cameron had thrown a sandwich at him for some strange reason. She seemed to be dealing with this whole pen pal thing rather well, considering it was Jack that she had been writing to, but it wasn't something Jeremy thought too much on. He looked over to Marina. He should probably say something to her, something less awkward and more relevant than yesterday's train wreck. He thought back to what Sukey said before formulating a question to ask her. "So... Do you, uh, like the beach?" There we go. Something more related to what they were going to be doing. Jeremy smiled to her and leaned back in his seat, becoming more at ease with his new conditions. "I... I don't go to the beach... all that-- All that often, I mean." Thanks to his parents, he didn't go places all that often. Whenever he went somewhere, it was usually because of a friend or because his parents didn't know. His feet once again tapped against the bus floor, though slower than before. It was sad that he had to think through his words when talking to Marina, but maybe, just maybe, he'd be able to stop with Sukey's help.

xxx

Genius

7,400 Points
      • Millionaire 200
      • Forum Regular 100
      • Flatterer 200
                          User Image
                          User Image

things have never felt so swell
                                                        xxxxxxxxx(xxi have never felt this wellxx)
                                                        PAIN! PAIN! PAIN!
                                                        you know you're right
                                                        you know you're right
                                                        you know you're right

• Despite what other people may have thought, Jack hadn’t been sleeping. He wanted to be asleep, but with each attempt, had no end result. Instead, he just continued doing what he was doing, listening to music while his eyes were shut.

Abruptly, he felt a sudden change in atmosphere, as if someone were nearby. His eyes fluttered to see that his assumption was correct and that Jeremy had inhabited the seat beside him. Jack couldn’t help but smirk to see the tech savvy nerd would be his seating partner the whole bus ride to the beach. Excitement built up in him as he thought about all the insults that he could say to the nerd, it had been a little while since Jack last picked on him and in all honesty, he missed doing so. Sadly enough, it made him feel better, it made all the feelings of never being good enough disappear. And he would do practically anything to forget about those feelings.

As Jack opened his mouth to say a witty remark to his seating partner, a sandwich landed onto his lap. He looked up to see that the culprit was in fact, Cameron. A smile couldn’t help but appear on his face as he began to unwrap the plastic. “I’m glad your dad is happy that I like his sandwiches and doesn’t think I’m some creep whose obsessed with ham and cheese.” Jack couldn’t help but wonder if their dad had some sort of knack for cooking. He had to though; nobody could make such a good sandwich and not be good at cooking any other meals. “Hey Cameron, does your dad have any other delicious entrees that I should know about?”

He couldn’t help but overhear what was going on between Sukey and Jeremy, and how they were planning on switching seats. It was fair to say that Jack wasn’t very fond of the idea, he was looking forward to throwing insults at the nerd in order to make up for all the lost time he had by being busy attending to other things. “Hey, you guys can’t do that!” Jack yelled, not wanting to sit beside Sukey. The two had a lot in common with each other, there was no denying that, but he wasn’t willing to sit next to her for what she said would be two to three hours. He wanted an enjoyable ride to the beach and not put up with someone as hard headed as Sukey. As Jack watched Jeremy take a seat next to Marina, he couldn’t help but laugh. It was obvious to the dirty blonde that he had a crush on her, which would cause him to fumble on his words and make a fool of himself. Come to think of it, the more he thought about it, the more appealing it seemed to him. “Forget what I said, I rather watch computer geek make a fool of himself than have him sit beside me.”

OOC:

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces