Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Hero

11,000 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
... really trying to make some additional money by giving us the option to create items and events?
Well, they're making money with this anyway, that's out of question.

But with all the items we get lately, and how recent events screamed lackluster, I somewhat wonder, are they in need of new ideas?
Lot of poses lately remind of poses from earlier released items. Some look even the exact same.

So, GCD

> What do you think might happen when they might just run out of ideas entirely? More re-releases and even less new items? Maybe no monthly RIGs anymore?
> What do you feel about 'copied' poses?
> If you where an Artist on gaia, you think you could pull out brand-new items every week?
> What is still missing to you on Gaia? Certain pets? Clothes? Tools?

I still want my long coat. With hood. And in yellow.

Feisty Investigator

28,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I just feel like they should slow down as there really isn't a need to pump out items everyday.

Questionable Hero

11,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Madam Harlot
I just feel like they should slow down as there really isn't a need to pump out items everyday.

Yes, no one can afford buying that many new items either.
Not all of them.
The monthly RIG, the bundles with 3-4 new items in them, the MC's and the REI/EI's where enough to me.
I wish they would return to their old releasing schedules. I enjoyed the new items so much more...

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Yes it is to profit. This is not a non-profit company.

However, Gaia has always pulled ideas from it's own community, it is something of a tradition.
They could very easily use all their own ideas and not take input. This is a chance for an ordinary user to have a shot at creating something for the community that might not have the resources of gold, organizational support, and just time to try to create their own petition, plot idea, etc.

Not all new ideas are fresh and appealing. Watch a PIXAR commentary sometime. They'll tell you for every good idea they probably nix hundreds of other ideas. Do we really need brand new items every week? No. And not everyone wants the same color, so re-colors are a good idea.

I think it is good that Gaia is still working on new ideas and expanding, but take a look around the site sometime: it has really expanded over the years. You have more games you could hope to play, more items you could ever hope to own, and this is still a forum-based community. Plus, I'd like to see more plot that anything else, really.

Demonic Lover

I don't mind daily releases, I do mind gold generators and the project overload x_x; we haven't seen many of the project's first results and yet they keep releasing more and more tickets... that doesn't look good to me, makes them look money hungry as they don't let their artists finish a batch before selling the other.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Madam Harlot

There really isn't no, I do wish they'd slow down, though I feel like some users would complain because now they're used to low-quality recolors every day. When the Capsule Creatures rig was the only release the other morning there were users complaining and saying they'd be mad if that was the only update all day. Gaia's kinda screwed themselves over by making a demand for new items every day now.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
I agree that maybe it started out as a "we need more ideas!" type of thing. However, they got some serious money from the first project. People went off the walls to get the ticket or the halo. So, they started banking with Project Couture and, after that, it most likely just became a money thing. I'm guessing that's why golden ticket items are in the CS and other tickets aren't.

Since they're obviously trying to make a helluva lot more money, they have to push out more items. With a limited artist staff, that causes a lot of trouble. Henceforth, the reason why there are tons of re-releases, recolors, GGs, and deflation RIGs. It gives the artists a breather while they still make a bunch of money everyday.

I also agree that Gaia needs to expand their item ideas. I mean, the usual stuff sells but, sooner or later, people are going to get tired of the items that are practically the same as the next. That's why IRL there are always new trends and renewed trends. Trends may fail, but some trends end up sticking.

Feisty Investigator

28,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
koirat
Madam Harlot

There really isn't no, I do wish they'd slow down, though I feel like some users would complain because now they're used to low-quality recolors every day. When the Capsule Creatures rig was the only release the other morning there were users complaining and saying they'd be mad if that was the only update all day. Gaia's kinda screwed themselves over by making a demand for new items every day now.

And then people cry about the prices of items with the GG. It's just an endless cycle now, I try not to keep up with all the items because I know I won"t get the majority of them rofl

Kid-Jak-A-Lynn's Husband

Diamond Diamond

42,050 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Level 10 250
All stories have already been told.

What we call "new" is just changes in punctuation.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Dude at this point though I enjoy any ideas that make them money and aren't a recolor that's bad quality or a gold gen. Like seriously, these is a way better idea to bring them revenue and the users fun than Super Shining Opal Rhodium Piggy Bank. Also I know tons of users who like, for example, the Labtechs, and would love to do their own Labtech-fueled plot for a day.

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
well considering i am bored with most things they release, i'm not sure if it's them or me. While I know the artists are working hard, i do kinda wish they'd slow down. I swear there's only so many eye variations they can make etc.

Wheezing Plague

Madam Harlot

I agree. New items and recolors and stuff are really nice but everyday seems a bit.. Unnecessary.

Also, your avi is really beautiful. Love that dress.

Questionable Hero

11,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
`Hydro
Yes it is to profit. This is not a non-profit company.

However, Gaia has always pulled ideas from it's own community, it is something of a tradition.
They could very easily use all their own ideas and not take input. This is a chance for an ordinary user to have a shot at creating something for the community that might not have the resources of gold, organizational support, and just time to try to create their own petition, plot idea, etc.

Not all new ideas are fresh and appealing. Watch a PIXAR commentary sometime. They'll tell you for every good idea they probably nix hundreds of other ideas. Do we really need brand new items every week? No. And not everyone wants the same color, so re-colors are a good idea.

I think it is good that Gaia is still working on new ideas and expanding, but take a look around the site sometime: it has really expanded over the years. You have more games you could hope to play, more items you could ever hope to own, and this is still a forum-based community. Plus, I'd like to see more plot that anything else, really.

I'm aware that they have to make profit to keep this running.

I don't want new items every day, either.
I preferred their old schedule, since new items where more enjoyable like that.
I like their projects as such. I guess it just turned out more negatively as I intended.....

koirat

I'm not against their Event, or EI Project, don't get me wrong.
I just threw out thoughts, not saying that it's necessarily laziness.

Feisty Investigator

28,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Skyllaeh
Madam Harlot

I agree. New items and recolors and stuff are really nice but everyday seems a bit.. Unnecessary.

Also, your avi is really beautiful. Love that dress.

I agree its much nicer when there is a wait in between.
Also thank you so much whee

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
Kazura Kuvaru
`Hydro

I'm aware that they have to make profit to keep this running.

I don't want new items every day, either.
I preferred their old schedule, since new items where more enjoyable like that.
I like their projects as such. I guess it just turned out more negatively as I intended.....

Eh....I wasn't intending to be that negative either. sweatdrop I tend to try to stay less negative than the rest of the GCD....

I'm just of the opinion that the tickets, while money grabbing devices, are something I think is good but not a necessity to the community. It's one of the things I can begrudgingly accept as something that shows they haven't completely stopped listening to us. I don't believe they've actually stopped, but it is nice to have evidence.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff