Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Inscriven
legnanellaf5
Inscriven
Bisexual denotes attraction to either of the gender binary.
Pansexual is attraction to people regardless of their gender identification.

People who say that "bi" can correspond to being attracted to transgendered people and are muddying the waters. Bisexual explicitly describes binary sexuality.

No it doesnt. Bi is defined as the sexual attraction to the same sex and other, the thing is 'other' is not defiend. So you can defined it for yourself into men and female, but you cant say that everyone who is bi is that. There are trans peopl who are bi. There are people who are bi who are not into men. Bisexuals have been trans allies for a long time, and to ignore that is erasing not only bi identity but the activism that has been done.

The difference is politics.

I'm sure the difference is political but this whole thing is stupid. It is logical to assume that bisexual exclusively means the gender binary because it's in the latin root. It is also logical to assume that since Pan means all, it should mean an open attraction to anyone human regardless of indentification.

It's obnoxious, and endemic when facebook has like a ton of different self identifiers which many are redundant. Oxford needs to get their s**t together and figure this out once and for all, because the multiple definitions and pretty little snowfake labeling stuff is just making life hard for everyone.

I take it the opposite way. The way to have fewer unnecessary labels is to not define things so rigidly. The more points we establish, the more gaps we add between points. The more we look at things fluidly, the fewer definitions we'll need.

Distrustful Benefactor

From everything I've read, it really sounds to me like the most appropriate term for your sexuality would probably be pansexual. Traditionally, bisexuals are only really interested in males and females but if you are also adding the non-binary genders to your attraction list you might want to consider pansexuality seriously.

"I love you, no matter who or what you are," is sort of the mantra of pansexuality.
Starflights
        From everything I've read, it really sounds to me like the most appropriate term for your sexuality would probably be pansexual. Traditionally, bisexuals are only really interested in males and females but if you are also adding the non-binary genders to your attraction list you might want to consider pansexuality seriously.

"I love you, no matter who or what you are," is sort of the mantra of pansexuality.
Yeah I agree. I've made my decision.

Distrustful Benefactor

Kalista Raine

Congratulations! Officially choosing a sexuality is a cool life step.
Starflights
Kalista Raine

Congratulations! Officially choosing a sexuality is a cool life step.
Thank you! emotion_yatta
It has nothing to do with perception.

Bisexual means you go both ways.

Pansexual means you're into trannys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items