Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Faun

It is unprofessional to shove the updates not only in Announcements 10x a day, but also at our inboxes (because we are ignoring the announcements) which many of us use for correspondence and role-playing. Please stop.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
GreeneyedPhantom
Crunchy_Bunnies
GreeneyedPhantom
Like I said, I'm wondering if I should just buy gold generators on the rare occasion I can afford it just to prevent someone else from buying one and sinking all the gold into the shops while putting unwanted items in dumpster dive in the hopes that might at least help to slightly lessen the inflation. This really is just getting ridiculous.

To bad I don't have the link for the forum, but there is one showing the average pay outs from the gold sinks seeing that its rare to hit the max. Most people are hitting the low so essentially you'd have to buy bundles to keep up with the market place. In a way its a waste of money.

I'm aware that is not your goal, but buying one from the cash shop to prevent some one else getting it still wouldn't prevent them because its not a limited item.

Rats...well, it was worth the thought I guess, if it wound up working. If gaia ever does return to normal, I hope I don't get banned for buying GGs in the past. sweatdrop

Honestly, your idea doesn't make a lot of sense either.
You're trying to prevent other people from buying them, by buying them yourself?
Someone is still buying the gold gen (you) and the money is still getting put into the economy.

Also: why would you get banned for buying an item, from Gaia?

Wheezing Fatcat

We hate them, make them stop.
As if the constant announcements weren't annoying enough already. I haven't been logging in as frequently as I used to because of the way Gaia treats its users. What this website has turned into is truly disappointing, I'm sure not only the users would agree.

Muscular Shounen

Have gaia admins posted anything in reply to these PMs yet here? Or has the thread been ignored completely? O-O

Elysian Darling

I think the person who decided the PM's were a grand idea might want to reevaluate this whole feature. The PM's being sent are, by definition, spamming us:

Quote:
spam (v) - send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet

I'm sure, since this 'feedback' thread is up to 300 pages that this has been said a thousand times over, but this blatant violation of the TOS is tiresome. As someone who rarely logs into Gaia, I hate logging on and having 10 announcements repeating the same 2 alternating announcements; the PM's are just intrusive and well beyond a level of irritating. This is not like GMail; we do not have a spam inbox to clear messages. I want to receive PM's from users, not from some Nigerian prince scam equivalent.

After skimming through a few pages of post, I have not seen a post arguing that these PM's are wanted at all. I really wish that there could have been a poll for this sticky topic to put into perspective quite how many people hate / do not want this 'feature'.

Elysian Darling

Head Dealer Ish
Have gaia admins posted anything in reply to these PMs yet here? Or has the thread been ignored completely? O-O

I haven't gone though every page, but I haven't seen any response from the admins at all.
Might have missed them or they're just buried, but I really doubt any of them want to be in the middle of this rage thread.

Excitable Explorer

14,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
its a curse
GreeneyedPhantom
Crunchy_Bunnies
GreeneyedPhantom
Like I said, I'm wondering if I should just buy gold generators on the rare occasion I can afford it just to prevent someone else from buying one and sinking all the gold into the shops while putting unwanted items in dumpster dive in the hopes that might at least help to slightly lessen the inflation. This really is just getting ridiculous.

To bad I don't have the link for the forum, but there is one showing the average pay outs from the gold sinks seeing that its rare to hit the max. Most people are hitting the low so essentially you'd have to buy bundles to keep up with the market place. In a way its a waste of money.

I'm aware that is not your goal, but buying one from the cash shop to prevent some one else getting it still wouldn't prevent them because its not a limited item.

Rats...well, it was worth the thought I guess, if it wound up working. If gaia ever does return to normal, I hope I don't get banned for buying GGs in the past. sweatdrop

Honestly, your idea doesn't make a lot of sense either.
You're trying to prevent other people from buying them, by buying them yourself?
Someone is still buying the gold gen (you) and the money is still getting put into the economy.

Also: why would you get banned for buying an item, from Gaia?

Crunchy_Bunny and I are certain once gold is put into a shop it just disappears since it's not being transferred to another person like it would be in the marketplace. But as she pointed out, my idea was no good anyway since there's not a certain number of gold generators to go around.

The five original creators of Gaia were firmly against gold generators and anybody caught using one. That was way before the cash shop came into existence and started cranking out GGs. Heaven only knows where they are now, but if by some miracle they manage to reclaim their site from the CEO running it, I wonder what might happen to those of us who gave in to the temptation of buying items with generated gold from the cash shop.

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Head Dealer Ish

I'd like to know the same thing. The community opinion is pretty overwhelming and despite all of the "we hear you's" I'm not convinced. I'm with everyone else on this situation. It's bad enough that items are overpriced and being put on constant flash sales that consume your announcements- it's worse that PMs got involved.
I've been a member of Gaia since late 2004/2005 in various forms. I've always done my best to contribute- but as someone who is low income it's very intimidating and painful to be constantly bombarded with no way to filter it and then receiving the messages more directly.
And the essential silence on the resulting inflation is just... obscene. Yea they've put out gold sinks- as they simultaneously release the diamond piggy bank and have more GC flash sales that people will be playing with market with to try to get their money back. And then of course the fact that the gold sink wanted way too much gold for a set of recolors of the stuff you literally just got...

EDIT: OH LOOK ANOTHER GOLD SINK EVENT. Yeah okay. I have 300mil and no GC and no items I can part with- what do you expect me to do about this? Buy GC to get premium items to resell? Gold sinks may be a temporary fix to relieve pressure on the economy but they're still alienating and they're not an actual solution.
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS BULLSH!T.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Excitable Explorer

14,625 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Looks like they set up another gold sink. I wonder how successful this one's going to be or if they're just going to keep producing more gold gens afterwards.

Magnetic Entrepreneur

12,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
It's SPAM! Plain and simple! I've actually considered REPORTING the PMs just to make a point! Not cool, Gaia. Not cool. I've been on this site for over 10 years and the greed that I've seen rising out of you makes me SICK! just STOP it already!

leonskey's Husband

Deathly Spectator

18,600 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
To be honest? Yeah, I'm tired of it. I'm not happy that I've blocked the Admin, and to be honest? I want the inflation to go down, the cash generators to evolve into real ITEM generators, an apology, etc. I'd also like to know where the heck my money is going. What is it being put towards? What should we expect to see in the future? Will people get their zOMG gold cap raised? Will you make booty grab more fun ( not just raise the gold limit )? Instead of releasing all of these limited items, how about you guys hold them off and put them all into a RIG? Make HUGE RIGS, instead of tiny ones with a bunch of "limiteds" stacked on top of it? I love what you guys have been releasing, but damn... There's /so much/ you've done to turn so many people away. I see more people unhappy with Gaia than with Netflix, and I worked there!

DrejBringer's Waifu

Nine-tailed Pup

28,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Head Dealer Ish

Seems like they haven't said a word to us since we've been posting...
More worried about fixing chance gens it seems. /:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Lover

Head Dealer Ish
from what I have read of the past about 20 pages, no, no one has posted a reply and the only ones we did get were generic ones from a mod who volunteered to watch the thread, other than that, no, no response from an admin or higher. My fiance has been watching the thread for a lot longer than I have and he says no one has responded either as far as he can tell.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I hate having my PMs and announcements always being about Gaia Cash Sales all the time. I miss the old Gaia Online where they had gold shop updates or updated the plot, and advertised up coming events.

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Akamaru_ichii
To be honest? Yeah, I'm tired of it. I'm not happy that I've blocked the Admin, and to be honest? I want the inflation to go down, the cash generators to evolve into real ITEM generators, an apology, etc. I'd also like to know where the heck my money is going. What is it being put towards? What should we expect to see in the future? Will people get their zOMG gold cap raised? Will you make booty grab more fun ( not just raise the gold limit )? Instead of releasing all of these limited items, how about you guys hold them off and put them all into a RIG? Make HUGE RIGS, instead of tiny ones with a bunch of "limiteds" stacked on top of it? I love what you guys have been releasing, but damn... There's /so much/ you've done to turn so many people away. I see more people unhappy with Gaia than with Netflix, and I worked there!

Yeah... knowing where the money is going aside from obvious upkeep and payroll expenses would be great. What they have has so much potential but they're too busy making cash items and recolors. And if they don't intend to change the inflation something certainly has to be done about the base gold rewards. The amount you get from the usual activities on the site aren't even remotely enough. I'm not saying you even have to do away completely with the special cash deals and the elite clubs- just do something to even out the gap a little bit because it's just way too extreme.
And I'd be much more willing to shell out money for a large RIG that took a little bit to come out than some of the things they choose to launch- and again it's not like you have to choose one or the other. A balance can be found. cry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff