Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Allrose
All general user frustration put aside, Considering that by the end of the day I come on and theres always at least 10 announcements to click through just to clear up the thought cloud, and at that time of the day for me the sales are already ending or just done, placing these in Private Messages just adds to the spam factor. Its not very private if it would be a use for reminding us about sales that go on everyday, hence the name.

It is unnecessary to be using the PM system to advertise sales when the method is already in use; conveniently embedded in the row of the 10+ announcements through the day, seen as clear as daylight to all users who click through them like the spam box in their email account and then continue on with their day. After all, if this is already placed in announcements, then PMs would just be a hassle to deal with. Its a good try Gaia, but its a no-go.

if you use chrome get better gaia.

Agile Paladin

I have to say this regarding the influx of PMs (and this is after my initial complaint regarding the same thing):

If anyone notices this site, and state that what Gaia is doing is illegal, it actually isn't. It doesn't say anything about private messages within a website, so unfortunately for us, they can do this. It's really sad, though, that they do it. Just be lucky they have to follow the FTC's CAN-SPAM Act if they do go to email about this, which I think they just may try next. I hope they don't... :/ Furthermore, there is nothing in the ToS or the Privacy Policy stating that the Admin account can't send us these annoying PMs. Again, I wish to repeat that doing this is *extremely* bad practice, but they are within their rights to do it.

O.G. Kitten

Please stop Gaia Cash PMs. Just stop them now before you piss off more people. I'd love if you could also cut down on the cash announcements too but that would only happen in my dreams. emotion_kirakira

Timid Star

Gaia, you may as well just permanently lower the gcash price by 30 or 40%, since you have these stupid "gcash flash" sales so damn often. You can't even really consider them sales anymore. rofl

Aged Gaian

24,675 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stop sending them or make there an option to turn them off.
They are becoming incredibly annoying.
Thanks

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Listen Feedback Mods/Admins,

We're sick of the Spam.

It's useless, unimportant, and nobody wants to see these Gaia Cash Flash sales in our PM system.

Here's what I think:

You guys are selling yourselves out with this Gcash crap and it's sad.

You know, Gaia used to be really fun for me to come on and enjoy. I now dread checking my PMs, thinking I'm getting a message from someone. I go to open it and it's like this big slap in the face: HERE. LOOK. WE HAVE GCASH SALE. BUY OUR CASH.

How about no.

In the past two years, maybe even longer, you guys have been selling yourself short with all of these advertisements. It's ridiculous. I don't need to log into Gaia and see 10 announcements. They are all based off buying something I don't care about in the first place.

Let's also talk about how absurd the gaia economy/inflation has come to mirror a "cash cow" that spams us every day and seemingly mocks us for the awesome stuff we want to buy with our gold.

Oh, you wanted to buy that object that was 14 million? SORRY. THAT'S NOW 400 BILLION. *pffffft*

Gaia, admins, staff...please. This is not okay. This is just sad and pathetic and you need to set your priorities straight or people won't want to come here and make accounts anymore.

Phantom Charms's Husbando

Divine Faun

Immortal Alchemist
i'm not sure whether anyone has said this yet, but I'm going to bring it up.

Why not announce Gaia cash flash sales by using the header.
It uses a bland colour scheme. Dark grey, teal, blue and gold. It's kind of plain.
and blends in with most of the backwards for the header. You know what would really pop out
right under the amount of cash your gaian currently possess. The colour red. Perhaps the colour
red saying "GFLASH SALE!" Or "25% OFF"
People would see it, but it wouldn't be as annoying as getting 5 announcements a day about
a cash flash sale.

User Image

This way would probably be much more effective, and less annoying then constantly making
announcements, or personally sending PM's to users about cash flash sales.

EDIT here have a link to a Petition that Lily even has started to have this plan implemented.
lets see if we can get gaia to PAY ATTENTION TO US

Rainbow Seeker

8,200 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I refuse to buy gaia cash! i don't care how many advertisements or messages you send, I will not buy gaia cash or items in the GC stores. You're ruining this website with your over-use of new items only being sold as gaia cash items. Inflation has become out of control in the marketplace. Even with over a billion gold, I can't buy much at all anymore. The only way to get gold on this site is to spend my hard-earn real life money on your waste of "pixelated" currency that only gets me items for my avatar for what?
I used to love this site, spend most of my time on here. I would post in the forums, edit my profile constantly, meet tons of new people in towns and the rally. Now? I log in, go through all the stupid gaia cash sale announcements, go through the daily chance, earn some gold, sell some stuff, then log off. I rarely ever see announcements about anything but gaia cash sales and new items in the gaia cash stores.

What happened to you Gaia? What happened to bringing teens and young adults together to talk about animes? Play games and make friends? All I see now is a money sucking website with a marketplace steering towards a stock market crash with all your loyal users quitting gaia for good. Don't become so filled with greed. Remember why you created this site, listen to us

Beloved Lunatic

15,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
V Tora Bisu V
Allrose
All general user frustration put aside, Considering that by the end of the day I come on and theres always at least 10 announcements to click through just to clear up the thought cloud, and at that time of the day for me the sales are already ending or just done, placing these in Private Messages just adds to the spam factor. Its not very private if it would be a use for reminding us about sales that go on everyday, hence the name.

It is unnecessary to be using the PM system to advertise sales when the method is already in use; conveniently embedded in the row of the 10+ announcements through the day, seen as clear as daylight to all users who click through them like the spam box in their email account and then continue on with their day. After all, if this is already placed in announcements, then PMs would just be a hassle to deal with. Its a good try Gaia, but its a no-go.

if you use chrome get better gaia.

What?

Tulja's Waifu

Nuclear Gekko

21,100 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Married 100
gaia obviously doesnt listen to feedback because for the last several months i've heard nothing but negative feedback from users and gaia keeps pulling this same stuff.

you're losing more users than you're gaining money gaia. you need to cool it now before this game becomes bad internet history.

Magical Genius

I open my PM inbox expecting to see a PM from a friend. But now, it's gotten to the point that when I click on it, I wonder if it's just another cash sale notice rather than expecting a message from a friend. So, needless to say, I have become quite irritated with it and it saddens me every time!

Lonely Lover

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Elocutionist 200
CursedChihiro
Immortal Alchemist
Immortal Alchemist
i'm not sure whether anyone has said this yet, but I'm going to bring it up.

Why not announce Gaia cash flash sales by using the header.
It uses a bland colour scheme. Dark grey, teal, blue and gold. It's kind of plain.
and blends in with most of the backwards for the header. You know what would really pop out
right under the amount of cash your gaian currently possess. The colour red. Perhaps the colour
red saying "GFLASH SALE!" Or "25% OFF"
People would see it, but it wouldn't be as annoying as getting 5 announcements a day about
a cash flash sale.

User Image

This way would probably be much more effective, and less annoying then constantly making
announcements, or personally sending PM's to users about cash flash sales.

EDIT here have a link to a Petition that Lily even has started to have this plan implemented.
lets see if we can get gaia to PAY ATTENTION TO US

IRL Vampire

21,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
I love how Gaia is telling us not to report the PM because it's spamming them.
TWO PMS!?

leave me alone, or I'll leave again >;(

Hiller49's Waifu

Toxic Bunny

17,650 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
I'll keep it simple to add to the input.

Please stop sending notifications through mail. I'm also a little nerved and aggravated about the announcements as well. I do remember a time when announcements were in small quantities making for enjoyable click and view moments when it would appear, but now they are just downright annoying.

I truly hope you hear us out on this. I love this site and what it has to offer, but perhaps...tone it down a bit on the sales and announcements.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces