Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Informer

Huge personal rant, but better yet, what do you do when they do it and refuse to acknowledge it and give you closure. I can't just pretend the past three years never happened, as much as I wish I could. But really, the whole situation is taxing me emotionally and physically, resulting in severe bouts of depression, insomnia, cardiac problems, night terrors and so on..when I allow myself to think about the situation and her blatant disregard for her actions too much, the problems simply escalate. She won't even admit that she cheated after I pointed out that she consciously went to the effort to hide it and lie about it. I know that her actions speak to issues with her character and not mine, but really, that does nothing to mend any of the effects it is having on me. For so long I built my life around this other person and a future with them, and in an instant, poof, it was gone, both the person I thought I knew and the future I had spent so long constructing. It genuinely feels like my life is in shambles and I'm doing nothing but letting days fly by that I can never get back just brooding...and I'm tired of it...but it's a rut for me. What's more, I'm genuinely scared of trusting anyone anymore and it hurts because in my heart I know everyone isn't the ******** up mess that she is..I talk about this over and over with people that are close to me, and for a while it helps...but then I'll think about it and the stitches just tear..I'm tired of feeling like I've lost my passion for life because of the vibrant and joyful person I normally am, so I guess what I'm asking is how do I get back there when there is no chance of closure with someone that won't acknowledge their hurtful decisions?

Spoopy Kitten

Them cheating is all the closure i need. The relationship is over, and im not coming back. It doesnt matter if they admit it or not

The reason you are feeling this beat up about it is because you built your life around her for the past three years. Now shes gone and she destroyed your little world before leaving. Remember the past, but move forward. What is your next goal in life? Do you have a job? Are you planning on going on any exciting vacations? Think about the future and the things you can accomplish on your won. Keep busy and do things that make you happy

Dapper Informer

xChibi Cannibalx
Them cheating is all the closure i need. The relationship is over, and im not coming back. It doesnt matter if they admit it or not

The reason you are feeling this beat up about it is because you built your life around her for the past three years. Now shes gone and she destroyed your little world before leaving. Remember the past, but move forward. What is your next goal in life? Do you have a job? Are you planning on going on any exciting vacations? Think about the future and the things you can accomplish on your won. Keep busy and do things that make you happy
It's true, it is over, and I don't want her back. All I wanted was for her to admit to what she did and give me that closure, but all I got was excuses for her actions. But you're right, the world I built around myself is gone and I do feel lost. Before, I could picture my goals in life so clearly, but now I'm so immersed in trying to find myself that I don't know what I want anymore..It's hard to even get enthusiastic about the things I'm passionate about, my friends and hobbies included. How do I get back the energy and drive I had before..?

Spoopy Kitten

THE PULL-OUT KING
It's true, it is over, and I don't want her back. All I wanted was for her to admit to what she did and give me that closure, but all I got was excuses for her actions. But you're right, the world I built around myself is gone and I do feel lost. Before, I could picture my goals in life so clearly, but now I'm so immersed in trying to find myself that I don't know what I want anymore..It's hard to even get enthusiastic about the things I'm passionate about, my friends and hobbies included. How do I get back the energy and drive I had before..?

Why do you want her to admit it? You already know its over and you dont want her back, so it cant really be about closure. Its ok not to know what you want right now. Bad break ups can make things hazy when you really need them to be clear. Try doing new things. Find new hobbies. Maybe you like drawing? Or sports? Or maybe photography or reading? Pick up something, anything, and run with it for a while. Itll be your mind busy and your thoughts occupied

The only way to get that energy is to force it to happen. You can take some days to sulk if need be, but ultimately the best thing you can do is push through the pain and stay busy

Dapper Informer

xChibi Cannibalx
THE PULL-OUT KING

Why do you want her to admit it? You already know its over and you dont want her back, so it cant really be about closure. Its ok not to know what you want right now. Bad break ups can make things hazy when you really need them to be clear. Try doing new things. Find new hobbies. Maybe you like drawing? Or sports? Or maybe photography or reading? Pick up something, anything, and run with it for a while. Itll be your mind busy and your thoughts occupied

The only way to get that energy is to force it to happen. You can take some days to sulk if need be, but ultimately the best thing you can do is push through the pain and stay busy
I think somewhere in the back of my mind I convinced myself if she admitted what she did we could work towards being together again. Now...I don't know why...maybe so I can say I was right, I guess..but I guess that's a bit self-righteous. I think the problem I'm having with staying busy is simply my phone..to me, it's an outlet to reach out to her over and over and end up hurting myself over and over but I can't moderate myself in all honesty and I don't feel like burdening the people in my life with my personal problems, not to mention I feel...embarrassed that I was taken for a ride like this..

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
Your relationship is over.
Having a closure or having her confess isn't going to magically make things easier for you to move forward.
No matter the reason if something is over you need to accept that it didn't work out and that you need to put this behind you and move to the next chapter of your life.

What helps is to get your mind off her.
So either hide or cut her completely out... whichever that helps you not revert back to thinking about her.
Take up a hobby, watch some non romantic movies/shows. Anything that will make you think of happier thoughts that is unrelated to her.

Things like this takes time but you will move forward.

Dapper Informer

shezu
Having a closure or having her confess isn't going to magically make things easier for you to move forward.
No matter the reason if something is over you need to accept that it didn't work out and that you need to put this behind you and move to the next chapter of your life.

So either hide or cut her completely out... whichever that helps you not revert back to thinking about her.
Take up a hobby, watch some non romantic movies/shows. Anything that will make you think of happier thoughts that is unrelated to her.

Trust me, I get what you're saying, but even if I can bring myself to accept that things didn't work out, not thinking about her is the hard part. I spent three years incorporating this person into my life, including the things i enjoyed most. Now whenever I would have the impulse to partake in those things, the anticipation is replaced with the sensation of sadness at the memories of doing those things together not so long ago. I think that is probably where the difficulty lies for me when it comes to getting to the point where I no longer think about her, if that makes sense.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
THE PULL-OUT KING
shezu

Trust me, I get what you're saying, but even if I can bring myself to accept that things didn't work out, not thinking about her is the hard part. I spent three years incorporating this person into my life, including the things i enjoyed most. Now whenever I would have the impulse to partake in those things, the anticipation is replaced with the sensation of sadness at the memories of doing those things together not so long ago. I think that is probably where the difficulty lies for me when it comes to getting to the point where I no longer think about her, if that makes sense.

As I said these things take time.
Most people don't forget and move forward in a snap of a finger.
Whats important is that you keep that mind set that you need to move forward. And to put the effort into keeping yourself happy by having positive thoughts and doing things that bring you joy.
It gets easier when more time passes and when you surround yourself with other people that have a positive influence and view.

Trust me on this that it will get better if you stop being stubborn on moving forward and accepting that you need to think more positive.
That being upset about this isn't going to help you nor is it going to change your current situation. You have to do whats best for yourself and to think about a happy future on a different path.

If it helps let it all out and cry it all out then pick yourself back up.

Lavish Loiterer

Cry.

Cry giant buckets of tears until you can't breathe anymore. Then take a deep breath and cry some more. And when you're all cried out, take a nap. A nice, relaxing nap.

And when you wake up refreshed (it's still okay to cry), you go about your day. Start focusing on yourself. learn how to trust again. Go out with some friends, find some new hobbies. And when the memories hit you, go for a walk to clear your head.

And when or if you do get into another relationship, don't compare it to your previous. Because the next relationship is your fresh start. It's another chance to start over with someone new and some who, hopefully, would never hurt you.

It's your risk to take, but at least you'll feel ready to take it.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
THE PULL-OUT KING
Huge personal rant, but better yet, what do you do when they do it and refuse to acknowledge it and give you closure. I can't just pretend the past three years never happened, as much as I wish I could. But really, the whole situation is taxing me emotionally and physically, resulting in severe bouts of depression, insomnia, cardiac problems, night terrors and so on..when I allow myself to think about the situation and her blatant disregard for her actions too much, the problems simply escalate. She won't even admit that she cheated after I pointed out that she consciously went to the effort to hide it and lie about it. I know that her actions speak to issues with her character and not mine, but really, that does nothing to mend any of the effects it is having on me. For so long I built my life around this other person and a future with them, and in an instant, poof, it was gone, both the person I thought I knew and the future I had spent so long constructing. It genuinely feels like my life is in shambles and I'm doing nothing but letting days fly by that I can never get back just brooding...and I'm tired of it...but it's a rut for me. What's more, I'm genuinely scared of trusting anyone anymore and it hurts because in my heart I know everyone isn't the ******** up mess that she is..I talk about this over and over with people that are close to me, and for a while it helps...but then I'll think about it and the stitches just tear..I'm tired of feeling like I've lost my passion for life because of the vibrant and joyful person I normally am, so I guess what I'm asking is how do I get back there when there is no chance of closure with someone that won't acknowledge their hurtful decisions?
If they cheat, walk away. No they will not change. Particularly if they do not think they did anything wrong or even acknowledge your feelings.
Walk away from it.
You got your closure. Like the person cheated, you found out, and it ended. That is the end. It doesnt mean that you shoudl forget that you had a relationship, but you need to stop obsessing over something that is over and done with. There is no working it out if the person doesnt want to talk about it, nor should you want to if they did.

Of course right now it is going to hurt, you woudlnt have gotten over it sooner if you knew all the reasons why they cheated, it would probably just be worse. It takes time to move on, you cant rush that. You need to find yourself again.

Rainbow Lover

I'm willing to forgive if they are honest about it and show remorse.

Dapper Informer

HomebrewFox
I'm willing to forgive if they are honest about it and show remorse.
As was I, because I truly loved her. But what can you do when they show no remorse, toy with your emotions, and refuse to acknowledge their mistakes for the sake of their own pride?

Dapper Informer

Thanks, everyone for your time and support. In situations like this, I feel like I need a neutral party with no bias to come to for advice, and you all have given me just that in an overwhelming consensus, so once again, thank you heart

Aged Wench

12,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
Wow, I totally understand how terrible it is to be in that position even if I don't understand your personal feelings completely. I was cheated on and had proof but my partner denied it. They would not admit it and we had many arguments about it. We were married. I made the personal choice to accept that I was cheated on but to try and work on trusting my partner again. Well, it was very difficult. It did not work out because I suspected he was planning on or had cheated on me again and I left. It was extremely difficult. I became depressed. I cried alot. Sleeping alone again after so many years was an adjustment. However, trusting someone is up to you. The worst thing that could happen is someone cheats on you again but you will still be alive. You should continue to trust people and watch out for warning signs before a relationship spins out of control down the wrong path. I still struggle with trusting but it's something you will have to work on. My partner told the truth years later. Everything I suspected was confirmed. It didn't make me feel any different because I had already been working on myself. Closure is knowing that you can move on and create a better life for yourself. No one has control over it but yourself. I don't have much more to add but I wanted to let you know I've felt that pain. Surround yourself with positive people and keep them close. You'll need support in this time of need. Maybe try a new hobby or something to occupy your time now. There's a whole world out there. You deserve the best. I hope things continue to improve for you. Sorry this terrible thing happened to you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff